• Published 10th Feb 2017
  • 788 Views, 198 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 6: Nightmare's Awakening - Bahamut0



Burst and his friends have returned from their abrupt visit to Equestria. But they did not return alone.

  • ...
5
 198
 788

Duel 1: Waking Up

Burst stirred from his slumber, and opened his eyes. It had been one crazy weekend. He'd had his first date with Celestia, and he'd gotten sucked into a portal to Equestria. Right about now, the standard routine of high school was sounding pretty welcome. Burst got dressed, and headed downstairs for breakfast. 'Never thought I'd be so happy to be going to school.', Burst thought with a smile as he ate. After he finished, Burst grabbed his deck, backpack, and was out the door. Burst summoned his dragon wings, and flew to CHS. Burst's friends flagged him down as he landed and deactivated his dragon powers. "Hey everyone! What's up?"

"Nothing of interest.", Inferno answered. "Other than the girls wanting to know everything about their counterparts."

"I figured they'd ask us about that sooner or later.", Burst said with chuckle. "C'mon dude. Let's get today started." Burst and Inferno headed inside. But unknown to Burst, he was being watched. Nightmare had kept out of sight and had been observing him.

"So he goes to this school. I can also sense the Element Bearers of this world here too." Nightmare smiled. "Perhaps I should consider attending. This could be useful." And with that, Nightmare entered CHS. "I'd better find whoever runs this place." Nightmare wandered around, and found Principal Celestia's office. "How fitting." Nightmare knocked on the door, and was let in by Celestia.

"Is there something I can help you with?", Celestia asked.

"Yes. I just transferred to this school, and I'm in need of a schedule."

"That shouldn't be too hard." Celestia typed away at her computer. "Okay. Your schedule's all set. All I need is your name."

'I can't use my real name. One of the girls I saw in the dreamscape was from Euquestria. And I'm more than willing to bet she knows of my legend.', Nightmare thought. "Nightshade. Nightshade Crescent."

"Alright then Nightshade. Here's your schedule. You'd better head off to class now." Nightmare nodded as she left, and took a look at her schedule.

"So this is my first class." Nightmare looked at her schedule. "English. Should be easy enough." Nightmare found her way to the classroom, an entered.

"Oh. You must be a new student, correct?"

Nightmare nodded. "I just transferred."

"Well, grab any open seat." Nightmare then noticed Burst and an empty seat next to him.

'I know where I'm sitting....', Nightmare thought as she took the seat, and turned to Burst. "Hello there." Burst turned to face her.

"Hi. So is this your first day?", Burst asked.

"It is.", Nightmare said with a smile.

"Well, nice to meet you. I'm-"

"Burst Stream."

"Wow. How'd you know?"

"I...saw your win at Duelist Kingdom and Battle City. You're quite the skilled duelist."

"Thanks. But we should probably focus on the lesson Ms. Cheerilee just finished taking attendance." Class went on like normal, and ended before anyone knew what had happened. As the class left, Burst approached Nightmare. "Sorry, but I didn't get your name."

"Oh. It's Nightshade."

"Well Nightshade? Do you need help finding your next class?"

"I can find my way...but it'd be nice to have some extra help.", Nightmare said with a small smile. "Lead the way."

"Hm. From the looks of it you've got math next. Follow me." Nightmare followed Burst. "Okay. Here we are. Hope the rest of your day goes well.", Burst said with a smile.

"Thanks you. Same to you." Nightmare went to her class, and carried on with her schedule until lunch period. "Now's my chance to find Burst again." Nightmare made her way over to the cafeteria, and saw Burst hanging around his friends. She also noticed Sunset and the girls hanging around with them. 'They must be fairly close.' "It appears we meet again."

Burst turned, and saw Nightmare in his field of vision. "Oh. Hi Nightshade. How's your first day going?"

"Well enough.", Nightmare said with a shrug. "But besides you, I don't really know anyone."

"Careful with how you handle her Burst!.", Inferno joked. "Celestia might get jealous!"

"C'mon Inferno! I'm just helping her find her way around the school.", Burst countered. "As for not knowing anyone, let's fix that problem right now. These dudes here are some of the best friends I've ever known." Burst then pointed to each of the guys respectively as he named them off. "Inferno who's been my bro since freshman year, Steel, Gold, Ace, Ice, Shadow, Veenus, Fang, and Nightfall." As soon as Burst was done, Pinkie rushed up to Nightmare!

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie!" Pinkie then began to look over Nightmare. "Huh. Never seen you before. Your first day?"

"Yeah. It is. I'm Nightshade." Nightmare was caught off-guard when Pinkie squeezed her in a hug before dragging her to meet the other girls. "This is Sunset, Applejack, Twilight, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Adagio, Aria, and Sonata! You wanna sit with us?" Nightmare was recovering from the initial shock and managed a reply.

"I suppose so. So what can you girls tell me about this place."

"It's a long story.", Applejack said.

"Trust me. I have experience waiting." The girls told Nightmare about how they started at CHS and how they met Burst and Inferno, the crazy events that happened during senior year, and the dueling tournaments the guys had competed in. "Quite impressive. You've been through many adventures."

"Yeah. It's been crazy. But I think we can all say we're glad it happened.", Twilight said with a smile.

"From the looks of things, Burst's quite the hero. So you all mentioned Duel Monsters." Nightmare then pulled out the deck that had materialized when she had arrived in the human world. "I've been learning about the game. So do you think any of you can teach me?"

"I'd say your best shot is Burst.", Sunset answered. "You wouldn't mind teaching her, would you Burst?"

"Not at all. Just hope she plays nice with Shining, Star, and Bolt. I'll teach you after school today. Sound good?"

Nightmare smiled. "I can't wait."