• Published 8th Feb 2017
  • 583 Views, 47 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling Side-Story: Equestria's Burst Stream - Bahamut0



Twilight tells Princesses Celestia and Luna of her adventures in the human world and of Burst. Little do they know, they're about to get their own Burst.

  • ...
3
 47
 583

Chapter 5

The next day had come and gone, and the whole town had gathered around the Castle of Friendship to see the princesses arrive. Burst and Inferno were about to join the crowd, but froze when they got a weird feeling. "Hey, Inferno? Did you-?"

"Yeah. I sensed it too. Something's not quite right. I don't know about you, but I'm picking up on some serious trouble."

"I...gotta grab something from my place. I'll meet you at the castle." Burst took off for his house and found the sword his dad gave him. "Well, Dad. It looks like I'm gonna be needing this today." Burst holstered the sword on his back and ventured toward Twilight's castle. He met up with Inferno where the crowd had gathered. "Looks like we're gonna need to find a way inside. Wading through the crowd definitely isn't an option. So..." Burst and Inferno looked at the balcony that served as Twilight's observation platform.

"Going up.", Inferno said as he and Burst cast levitation spells that let them journey to the balcony. Making sure they avoided the guards. "Okay. Now we just need a way in." They didn't have to wait long as Spike opened the window.

"Oh. Hi Burst! Hi Inferno! What brings you here?"

"Just checking up on you guys. But...y'know...the crowd. Used a levitation spell just to get us up here."

"Well, maybe you could've just told Twilight. She'd have let you in." Burst and Inferno face-hoofed. "Well, you're here now. Come on in!" The three of them headed inside. Meanwhile, Twilight was greeting the other princesses and Thorax.

"It's good to see you again Thorax!", Starlight said with a smile. "How's the hive doing?"

"Things are going pretty good.", Thorax said with a smile. "Everyling's getting along with ponies now. And I guess it all comes together here."

"Indeed it does Thorax.", Celestia said with a warm smile. "I'm certain our kingdoms become friends with this first step."

"It is quite joyous that we can put the past behind us.", Luna added. "Especially after Chrysalis tried to invade Canterlot."

"Not to mention when she kidnapped all of us.", Cadence said.

"It's over now Cadence.", Shining Armor said. "She hasn't been seen for a while. I'd say she's long gone."

"Oh, I wouldn't be to sure about that!" Chrysalis dropped her guard disguise and stunned everypony there! "All of you in one place! If I wanted this done right, I should have done it alone!"

"You won't get another chance!" Shining Armor fired a spell at her, but Chrysalis dodged it. "I still owe you for brainwashing me!"

"How adorable. You think you can harm me.", Chrysalis said with a smirk as she shot Shining with an instant cocoon spell! "I've had some time to prepare for this moment." Chrysalis then glared at Thorax. "And I shall relish making you suffer traitor!" Chrysalis fired another cocoon spell! Trapping Thorax! "Who's next?", Chrysalis asked with a savage grin. Twilight fired spell after spell, but Chrysalis used a shield spell to block them all! "Ah. The one who exposed me!" Chrysalis fired a spell that trapped Twilight! "Don't think I forgot about your friends!" Chrysalis fired five more cocoon spells that trapped the rest of the Mane 6! "Well, well." Chrysalis turned her attention to Cadence. "Maybe after I'm done with you, I'll pay your dear little daughter a visit. A child's love tastes so sweet...." Cadence fired a blast of magic at Chrysalis! The blast knocked Chrysalis back, but not enough to harm her! "My turn." Chrysalis charged up her cocoon spell trapping Cadence in a cocoon. "Looks like you've failed once again Celestia."

"Last time you faced her alone!", Luna snapped. "Now you have the both of us to contend with!" Luna fired a powerful beam of magic! Chrysalis frowned and took to the air! Firing spells at Luna that changed into Changeling goo that weighed Luna down and covered her horn!

"You were saying?" Chrysalis prepared to fire a beam of magic right at Luna, but a black blur snatched Luna away as Chrysalis fired! "WHAT?!" Luna was confused until her rescuer spoke.

"Never thought I'd literally sweep a mare off her feet.", Inferno said with a smile before he looked down at Luna who he was carrying bridal style. "You alright princess?" Luna nodded. "Good. Hate for a cute thing like you to get hurt." Chrysalis turned her attention to Celestia.

"Why does this feel so familiar? Didn't I defeat you last time?", Chrysalis asked with a sneer.

"Only because you don't play fair.", Celestia said sternly as she powered up her magic. Chrysalis fired her own blast! Clashing with Celestia's magic! Both beams exploded due to their equal strength! Chrysalis fired off more spells while Celestia put up a shield spell! However, the shield put some strain on her. Chrysalis only increased the intensity of her blasts, and Celestia's shield soon gave in. Chrysalis sneered over the exhausted princess. "Maybe I should get rid of you first. Oh, I can see the faces of all your precious ponies right now when they see you trapped in a cocoon!" Chrysalis prepared to fire a cocoon spell at Celestia until a spell scorched her right wing! "AGH!" Celestia's eyes went wide when she saw the spell that was cast. It was a bolt of light energy. Celestia had only seen ONE pony use that type of combat spell.

'It can't be....', Celestia thought. Everyone heard the sound of hoof steps as a pony walked out of the shadows.

"That was a warning shot.", Burst said as he gazed at Chrysalis. "The next one I'll actually try aiming."

'Aether? No. He looks like him, but he seems younger....'

Chrysalis blinked and then laughed at Burst. "AHAHAHAHAHA! Foolish pony! Do you know who I am? I am Chrysalis! Queen of the Changelings!"

"You mean former. You must have been a lousy ruler if you got replaced.", Burst said with a smirk. Chrysalis twitched as she heard that.

"My children defied me and made that traitor their leader!", Chrysalis pointed at Thorax. "All because of some stupid reason to 'share' love!" Burst scowled as Chrysalis continued. "Those ungrateful worms!"

"How can you call yourself their mother when you weren't even willing to listen to your children?!", Burst spat! Chrysalis scoffed.

"No matter. You shall meet the same fate as the ponies that stand in this room!" Chrysalis fired a spell at Burst, but he dodged and bukced her in the chest! Chrysalis was winded from the powerful kick!

"You were saying?" Chrysalis snarled and charged forward with her horn! Burst unsheathed his sword and locked it with Chrysalis's horn! "That all you've got?" Chrysalis summoned a scimitar made of her magic and swung it wildly. However, she soon had an idea by taking to the air and charging up a powerful blast! 'Looks like I'll have to ditch this thing!', Burst thought as he unzipped his vest as the Chrysalis fired! When the light faded, everypony saw a crater where Burst once stood.

"Hah! It seems as though your would-be rescuer has failed!", Chrysalis said as she landed. Chrysalis was gloating until a blast hit her from above! "Who-?!" Chrysalis staggered to get up and looked in shock at the sight in the air. Everyone else stared in awe. Burst was flapping his dragon wings and staring down Chrysalis.

"Now I can REALLY move!" Burst flew straight at Chrysalis! Knocking her into a wall! Burst backed up as Chrysalis prepared to charge, but was cut off by a blast of flame! Inferno removed his jacket to reveal his own dragon wings! Smoke was trailing from his horn.

"One wrong move, and your fired.", Inferno cautioned. "How about we take her together Burst?" Burst nodded.

"Let's take this outside..."