• Published 8th Feb 2017
  • 583 Views, 47 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling Side-Story: Equestria's Burst Stream - Bahamut0



Twilight tells Princesses Celestia and Luna of her adventures in the human world and of Burst. Little do they know, they're about to get their own Burst.

  • ...
3
 47
 583

Chapter 2

"Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh!", Rainbow Dash squealed as she flew around the Castle of Friendship.

"What's got her so excited?", Twilight asked.

"You didn't hear? The coolest rockstar in Equestria's coming to Ponyville!", Spike cheered as he pulled up a poster. "Inferno Flare! Check out those sick dragon wing props! His music is awesome! It always gets people fired up!"

"Sounds like someone's a fan.", Twilight said with a smile.

"He is really good at what he does.", Starlight noted.

"Not to mention his excellent fashion sense.", Rarity said as she almost drooled over the outfit Inferno wore. "Oh the STYLE!" Rarity then fainted. Pinkie then took a look at the poster.

"Oh! I saw him today!", Pinkie chirped. Rainbow Dash nearly tackled Pinkie at hearing this!

"WHERE IS HE?!", she screamed. Pinkie laughed.

"I brought him with me!", Pinkie beamed. The group turned to notice a tall black unicorn stallion with a mane that had streaks of red in it. "Hi Inferno!"

"Hey Pinkie. So this is the castle you were talking about.", Inferno said with a smile. "Hi there! Nice to meet you all!" Rainbow Dash sped towards him and came to a screeching halt!

"OHMYGOSHYOU'REREALLYHERE!" Rainbow then pulled out a poster of Inferno. "Sign it! Please!" Inferno let out a chuckle.

"No problem. It's an honor to meet one of the Elements of Harmony. You guys are pretty awesome for taking down all the villains you have.", Inferno answered with a smile. Rainbow Dash squealed with joy.

"HE KNOWS WHO WE ARE!", she hollered. Twilight noticed just how similar he looked to the Inferno Flare she met back at CHS.

"So Mr. Flare? What brings you here to Ponyville?", Twilight asked.

"To be honest, I'm hoping to settle down here. And call me Inferno. I hate when people get so formal with me.", Inferno answered.

"You mean you're quitting being a rockstar?!", Spike asked in shock. "But your music is awesome!" Inferno chuckled.

"I won't lie. It was pretty fun. But, I'm tired of it. Truth be told, I wanna be a Duel Monsters Instructor. I heard that a card shop was going to be setup here, and I was thinking of talking to the owner about it. In the meantime, I'm staying with Pinkie. The floor's strangely comfortable. If you don't mind Pinkie, I'm gonna be heading back to the room." Pinkie nodded as Inferno teleported with his magic to the room he and Pinkie shared. He then took off the jacket he was wearing and stretched his dragon wings. "Man. If people knew that these wings weren't part of a silly costume." Inferno then put the jacket back on, "Well, I guess I'll go see if that card shop's open yet." Inferno found the card shop he was looking for. "The Dragon's Den." Inferno walked in and found the place was lined with Duel Monsters booster packs and rare cards on display. "Hello?" A pony came up to the shop counter. Inferno was shocked that his colors looked like a complete opposite of his. "Excuse me? Do you know where I could find the owner?"

"You're looking at him. Name's Burst Stream. How can I help you?", Burst asked.

"I was looking to apply as a duel instructor. Name's Inferno Flare. I'm pretty good at Duel Monsters. But is there some sort of form I need to fill out?" Burst let out a chuckle.

"No form necessary. When can you start? It's always good to have some extra help on-hand."

"I can start as soon as today. Plus I can also help out with card sorting."

"Well, today's opening day. I could use all the help I could get. We officially open in about an hour." Burst then noticed the gathering crowd outside. "Looks like it's gonna be one heck of a first day. You sure you can handle this?" Inferno cracked a smile.

"Let's just say I know how to handle crowds."

"Then let's get this thing started." Burst put up the open sign, and dozens of ponies came in. As time passed by, booster packs and single cards had flown off the shelves and some people had even signed up for dueling lessons. Soon enough, it was almost closing time. "Didn't expect to sell that many cards on my first day.", Burst said exhausted.

"Yeah.", Inferno said with a weak smile. "Just goes to show you how popular the game is."

"You weren't kidding when you said you were good with crowds. Must come from all that performing.", Burst said with a smile.

"How did you-?!"

"Dude. You made most of the songs I listen to. You didn't think I'd recognize you?" Inferno face-hoofed.

"I should've guessed."

"Anyway, it's quitting time. Wanna hang out? I've got a gaming system back at my house."

"Sure. I need to get my game on after seeing all those cards."

"Then you're in luck. I got the Duel Monsters fighting game."

"Dibs on Red-Eyes!", Inferno cheered.

"I got Blue-Eyes then." The two raced of to Burst's house and played their hearts out. "Y'know Inferno? I think this is the start of an epic friendship." The two hoof-bumped. "See ya tomorrow!"

"See ya Burst!" Inferno teleported back to the room he was sharing with Pinkie. "Not a bad day after all."