• Published 4th Feb 2017
  • 959 Views, 67 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 4: Cyber Duel Saga - Bahamut0



Ace gets invited by Kaiba Corp. to test out their newest duel monsters video game. Plus he gets to bring some friends along for the ride. However, it's no game once they press start.

  • ...
5
 67
 959

Duel 11: Through the Labyrinth

"So it's obvious that Thestalos is going to be in a place like a volcano.", Ace stated. "So we're just gonna have to look for the nearest mountain spewing smoke and lava. But first? We'd better get back down to ground level. Maybe we can find some clues back at the valley."

"Good idea.", Ice said with a nod as he and Ace hopped on Red Dragon Archfiend's back.

"Looks like clear skies ahead!", Red Dragon noted. "Beating those two monarchs seemed to make the skies calm down again. Now we can fly without worried about getting zapped! Hold tight!" Red Dragon Archfiend took off, and dived beneath the clouds. As they neared the ground, he spread his wings to slow his descent. "You guys' okay?"

"A little shaken up. But we're good!", Ice stated. "Man! Roller coasters got NOTHING on you Red!"

"Okay. Looks like the volcano is easy enough to reach. However, there's a problem.", Ace noted.

"And that'd be?"

"The fact that the volcano spews debris constantly. But there could be another way into the volcano. Huh. And it's located back in the valley where we met Valkyrion!"

"Then let's move!"

"Actually, we might not need to rush. According to the map, there should be a warp point around here." Ace then looked around and spotted a stone circle. "That's it!" Ace then summoned Dark Magician Girl. "Care to do the honors DMG?" Dark Magician Girl nodded.

"One warp coming up!" DMG looked through her spell book and found the spell she was looking for. One cast later, and the warp was active. "That should do it!" DMG jumped into the warp, and the others followed suit. They soon found themselves in the valley.

"Let's speak to Valkyrion. He might have a clue for the secret passage."

"Looking for me?", Valkyrion called out as he landed. "Good to see you again my friends. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"In fact, there is. We're looking to take on Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch next. Our map says there's a secret passage somewhere in the valley. Do you know anything about it?"

"I do. In fact, it's near the same passageway where we went through to fight Granmarg. However, it's a labyrinth. There's a few monsters that hide inside the walls. And the monster at the end is not to be taken lightly. Also, there's a ceiling so you can't fly over it. It can also be pretty dark down there, so make sure to keep a light source on you. Good luck!" The group journeyed into the labyrinth. Red Dragon Archfiend summoned a flame to his hand while Dark Magician Girl summoned a light spell.

"Man. Valkyrion wasn't kidding when he said this place is dark.", Dark Magician Girl noted. Then she saw something. One of the shadows moved! "Uh...did Valkyrion say anything about moving shadows?"

"He did say there were monsters crawling around here. And that they hid in the walls....", Ace began. "Try shooting a flare spell!" Dark Magician Girl fired a flare spell, and Wall Shadow hissed as the light blinded him! "Blast it!" Dark Magician Girl fried Wall Shadow with a single blast! However, the peril wasn't over yet. "Wait. What's that rumbling?" The group turned around and found a Labyrinth Tank ready to run then down with its drill! "Run!" The group ran as fast as they could! Using what little light they had to guide their way! Ice then spotted a noticeable gap in their path!

"Everyone jump!" The group leaped over the gap while the Labyrinth Tank fell into the pit! Crashing upon impact! "I'm not gonna say anything, because I don't want to tempt fate. Let's move!" The group soon found themselves near the end, but found three large tablets before them. One had a thunder bolt, a whirlwind, and a wave. "Water. Wind. Thunder. I got a good feeling about what's coming next..." The three tablets broke apart and swirled into a single form. Gate Guardian now stood between them and the exit. "Oh GREAT. Another boss battle."

"In order to advance, you must answer my question.", Gate Guardian boomed. "Or, you could fight me. Choose wisely." The group huddled together and made their decision.

"We choose to answer your riddle.", Ace declared.

"Very well then. To you, I ask this.", Gate Guardian addressed Ace. "Who would you choose? The one you love, or the monster you share a bond with?" Ace was silent for a moment. Thinking his answer through.

"I choose......."

"Well?"

".....I can't choose. Both of them mean so much to me. And.....I really can't see myself in a world without either of them. So I guess we'll just brave whatever fiery obstacles in our way. I'm not giving up either of them.", Ace said firmly. "We'll just find another way. Let's go everyone." Gate Guardian then started to dissolve into nothing but data.

"You have answered wisely...." The group then made their way through the shortcut and soon found themselves at the gates of the volcano chamber.

"Well, I guess things are gonna heat up now."