• Published 4th Feb 2017
  • 959 Views, 67 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 4: Cyber Duel Saga - Bahamut0



Ace gets invited by Kaiba Corp. to test out their newest duel monsters video game. Plus he gets to bring some friends along for the ride. However, it's no game once they press start.

  • ...
5
 67
 959

Duel 10: Gathering Darkness

Caius the Shadow Monarch sat upon his throne. A mystical orb was reflecting Ace and Ice's progress. "So. These are the fools who have been decimating my brothers." Caius then changed the view to Sonata and Indigo in their cage. "It appears out tributes are secure. And should they be liberated...." Caius turned to five statues of dragons. "There's always a back-up plan. These dragons should be necessary to revive Five-Headed Dragon. Delg! Angmarl!" Two swirls of darkness materialized and condensed into two monsters. "We will be receiving guests soon enough. Prepare a....reception for them." Delg and Angmarl nodded and vanished into the shadows. Meanwhile, Sonata and Indigo were sitting in their cage.

"Man, this stinks!", Indigo groaned. "So much for us joining Ice and Ice in the fun! Now we're stuck in this creepy place and they're going to have to rescue us!" Sonata sighed.

"Yeah. But hey! At least we know that they're coming for us!" Sonata's mind then drifted to when Ace went to her when she and her family were about to leave Canterlot. "Just like before.." Indigo gave Sonata a smile.

"You really love Ace don't you?", she asked. Sonata nodded. "Yeah. I guess Ice is pretty cool. Even dueled against Cinch. Called her out and everything. He won the duel too." Indigo smiled fondly remembering Ice kissing her. "Not to mention giving me that little surprise after he won. He told me I gave him a reason to duel again. But I never really figured what he meant by that."

"You sure you wanna know?", Sonata asked.

"The way I see it, Ice did something he wasn't too proud of."

"Well....he was kinda, sorta....possessed by an evil monster.", Sonata said nervously. "Ace told me all about it. Things were so bad their brother Shadow had to be sent away."

"Why did that have to happen?"

"The monster possessing Ice was dead-set on destroying Ace and Shadow. So they had to send Shadow away to keep him safe. And not long after that, Ace wound up dueling Ice. Ace won, but Ice stole The Eye of Timaeus and vanished without a trace. Then we fast-forward two years. My family and I tried to takeover CHS with our magic, and I met Ace there. He was super nice to me, and he was kinda cute too. But when we were defeated, Ace chased after me when we were going to leave. He told me how much he loved me, and I had a reason to stay. Then, Ice came back. And the monster controlling him was stronger. Ace managed to get his card back, and save his brother. But after that, Ice wanted nothing to do with dueling ever again. So I guess, he has you to thank for giving him his spirit back." Indigo was silent as she took it all in.

"I...I never knew."

"Well if he's coming for you, that shows just how much you mean to him.", Sonata beamed. Indigo cracked a smile.

"Right. I guess I don't mind waiting. For now. I guess this isn't an adventure game with a beautiful girl to rescue."