• Published 5th Feb 2017
  • 3,010 Views, 16 Comments

My Adventures in Equestria - Lotus Moon

  • ...
9
 16
 3,010

Entry 7 - Preparing

Dear Azure,

Ok so the last week has been a whirlwind of crazy! I was finally able to meet Princess Twilight and her friends while hearing more about them, as well as the physical incarnation of Chaos itself. Weird, huh? That however, wasn't the highlight of my week. Apparently there's this event going on that everyone's been dizzily getting ready for. Unfortunately no one told me what it is...until I tickled it out of Sparkle Dust (apparently her back is really ticklish). From what she told me, it's this super high class social event called the Grand Galloping Gala. Strange name for a party, but it sounds fun. I also heard it used to be a really snobby and quiet event till Twilight and her friends livened things up. Guess it was a good thing. Anyway, I'm helping to get the decorations up. Speaking of which, I should be helping out now. Gotta go.

3 Days Later

Dear Azure,

WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!!! The Gala is tomorrow and I don't have a dress!!! I mean, I didn't even plan to drop into a fantasy world, much less the biggest party of the year, and I don't have a dress! This is more disastrous than when I took my prom picture with my friends and fell into a lake! It took us like two hours to shower off that filthy water, dry our hair, and pray our dresses would be alright enough to wear. And then we were stuck in traffic getting to prom. That stupid dock should've been checked before we took our pictures. Ugh!!!

Maybe I won't even be invited. I'm an outsider in this world. I'm sure they wouldn't want an outsider at their special event. Maybe Princess Celestia would say I don't have to come. Yeah. That's just what she'll say.

3 Hours Later

Dear Azure,

I'm doomed! Not only did Princess Celestia say I should attend the gala, but she also said I should mingle! Apparently, before, she used to be at the entrance just greeting ponies all night. But after Twilight and her friends shook things up, even she attends the Gala! I don't have a dress, I got off on the wrong foot with these upper class ponies, and I'm a disaster when I'm awkward! What am I going to do?!!! About the only thing I can do is just finish helping with the preparations and just try getting out of going to the Gala all together. I'm not confident that the night will go well and I don't want to be humiliated again.

1 Hour Later

Dear Azure,

Well...one problem solved. Rarity, living up to her title as the Element of Generosity, offered to make me a dress for the Gala. I basically have to be fitted and measured for it since she's never made clothes for a human. Fair enough. But there's now the issue of actually attending the Gala. I have no clue about higher class, societal norms. I'll make a fool of myself! And what if one of the ponies there recognize me from town and say I kidnap children?! My life will be over!! I'll never be able to go out into town again and never get to explore this world. I'll go crazy...much like I am now. (insert heavy sigh here) I better go. I have to meet Rarity soon to get measured and fitted. Maybe while I'm there, I'll get to pick out the fabric and such for my dress...that I'll wear for the next social event. I'm still totally not confident in going to the Gala.

2 Hours Later

Dear Azure,

Rarity is crazy with inspiration. She kept me in the tailor room all this time till now because she was astonished at my development...especially in my assets department. She had to triple check all of my measurements to make sure there were no mistakes. When she finally finished, she got to work on sketching out a dress design while I checked out the fabrics. My eyes caught the sight of a beautiful satin red silk and I pointed it out to Rarity. She examined the silk closely and looked at me before a bright idea came to her.

Scrolling it out, it was a slim, strapless, form fitting dress with a black trim around the hem and waist. Asking my opinion, I immediately told her I loved the dress and I even suggested adding a hair piece for my hair. Once that was done, I watched Rarity's magic at work as she created the dress. It was amazing, though still more normal than I originally thought it would be. It was like watching an old friend of mine while she made her own embroidered handkerchief. Giving attention to every little detail, focused, weaving through the delicate fabric like it was an extension of herself. When the dress was done, I tried it on, and it fit perfectly! I almost couldn't believe it when I looked at myself in the mirror. As the finishing touch, Rarity did my hair up and placed the hair piece in. A moment ago, I wasn't confident going to the Gala. Now, with this dress, I think I can get a second chance to start off on the right foot this time.

Evening

Dear Azure,

Today was a rollercoaster day for me. We finished the decorations for the Gala, made easier thanks to (Twilight's first rate organization skills and Rainbow Dash's speed helped). Applejack helped out with the cooking, while Pinkie helped out with entertainment (sorta). During some down time, I got to spend a little time in the garden with Fluttershy. And just a few moments ago, I was able to spend a little time with Sparkle Dust just talking. I was so nervous about even attending the Gala before. Now, I'm not scared at all. Anyway, better get some sleep, tomorrow is the big night and no matter what happens, I know things will go well. Good Night.

Author's Note:

Yes, I had a breakdown. A case of jitters. But at least things worked out well in the end. And next up...the Grand Galloping Gala.