• Published 28th Jan 2017
  • 987 Views, 15 Comments

A Princess' Request: Three Crates - FerociousCreation



After the events of the recent Summer Sun Celebration, Derpy has been busy with deliveries nonstop! And when Princess Celestia arrives to the post office to request a delivery to Canterlot, the alicorn specifically requests that Derpy would deliver.

  • ...
1
 15
 987

Six Seasons

The mailmare tapped her chin, pondering the various ways to break the glass in the crates she was going to deliver. But Derpy wanted to be unique about it. She was Princess Celestia’s glass breaking professional. Derpy knew that she was to being careless for the sake of it. She was helping with creating a piece of art that would be installed in the Canterlot Castle throne room, to be displayed for years and years to come.

Derpy touched down in front of the post office and opened the door, her boss already prepped for the day. “Good morning, Derpy,” Parcel Post smiled. “No grand entrance today I see.”

“Would you like me to enter through the window?” Derpy asked with a raised brow.

Parcel Post knew Derpy was serious, and that seriousness meant that she would do it if he didn’t answer correctly. “No no no! Coming through the door is the much better alternative.” The door opened and another pony entered the facility. Derpy and Parcel Post looked to see Raindrops in her mailmare uniform, cap and saddlepack applied and ready for work.

“You are here early,” Derpy said before hugging her friend.

“I just wanted to see you off before I get the day started,” Raindrops said with a smile. She too looked at the unbroken window like her boss had. “Glad to see you used the front door.”

Parcel Post didn’t approve of Raindrops unintentionally provoking Derpy to leap through the window and began shaking his head and waved his hooves to signal Raindrops to stop. “If you like, I can enter through it," said Derpy. "Parcel Post was disappointed that I didn’t break the window this morning because I used the front door.”

“I-I-I wasn’t disappointed!” Parcel Post stammered, worried for his glass window. “You are normally very excited to deliver to Canterlot Castle when Celestia requests your services, and you always surprize me with a… rather… unconventional entrance.”

“Y-yeah,” Raindrops added. “But since you are a little calm this morning and already inside the post office, why don’t you and I go to the break room and wait for the crates to arrive?”

But Derpy stamped down her hoof, realizing her softened mood. “You are right, Raindrops!” Both Parcel Post and Raindrops sighed, relieved the window didn’t have to be broken for the day. Too bad they didn’t expect Derpy to say, “I have been way too relaxed this morning and not be as excited to head to Canterlot Castle than I should be! I need to break through that window to show my enthusiasm!”

Parcel Post knew when Derpy had her mind made up, it was very difficult to stop her. He quickly moved from the front counter and stood by the front door. “Now now, Derpy, why not instead of doing that-”

The gray pegasus held up a hoof, “I apologize for not having the Ponyville Post Office attitude. I will show you my love for my job as I should everyday!” Parcel Post looked to Raindrops, gesturing his head toward Derpy, telegraphing to Raindrops that she needed to stop the energetic pegasus.

Raindrops hooked her arm around Derpy’s neck, “H-how about we go to the break room and plan out the various ways you are going to break the glass in the crates?”

“But I was already thinking about that when I was on my way here,” Derpy answered. “Besides, that is the reason why I am not as energetic. I was so busy thinking about my job that I didn’t even notice how much of a privilege it is to go to Canterlot and aid the princess.” The mailmare began to move, dragging Raindrops along with her.

Thinking on his hooves, Parcel Post moved to the window and said in a sarcastic tone, “Oh look! There is Time Turner coming this way!” And to his surprise, he did see Time Turner. “Oh, it really is Time Turner… And he is… being dragged by… Dinky?”

Derpy stopped at the door and looked at her boss. “Time Turner is coming? Huh… I guess he already handled his science stuff and came to see me again.” The mare walked over to the window, Raindrops following in suit. The three saw the brown stallion trying to resist Dinky’s strength, but the filly continued to pull on his tail. “Dinky!” Derpy shouted in shock. “What are you doing!” The glass prevented her words from reaching her daughter and the filly continued undisturbed.

In a brisk moment, Dinky stopped in front of the window and picked up Time Turner, holding the stallion over her head. Parcel Post and Raindrops gasped at the sight, never knowing the child held such strength. Derpy on the other hoof was unfazed by the sight and she continued to leer at the child. Dinky’s mouth moved, but her words were muffled by the glass window and Time Turner began to shiver. The stallion’s eyes met Derpy’s and he flushed. Then, the filly threw the stallion at the window.

Derpy, Parcel Post, and Raindrops leapt away from the window just before Time Turner came crashing through the window. He fell on his face, his flank held in the air for a moment before falling down to the floor. Parcel Post grumbled to himself, “So much for trying to keep the window from being broken…”

“Are you alright, Time Turner?” Raindrops asked, helping the injured stallion to his hooves. Time Turner’s knees wobbled a little, the pony still stunned by the faceplant.

Of course, Derpy’s reaction was far from what was normally expected, “Nice landing, Time Turner. I would have landed on my face, too.” Normal pony emotions quickly found Derpy, and the pony looked out window to see Dinky looking up at the window. “Dinky! Why in the hay did you throw Time Turner through the window! And more importantly, why this window? There was a perfectly good uninsured window on the other side you could have used!” The fact Derpy was suggesting that her daughter should have used the second window deeply bothered Parcel Post. “Now I cannot do the grand entrance I was going to do!” Then the mother calmed down and smiled, "But other than that, that was a really good throw."

Dinky did not hear any of her mother’s scolding or compliment, the filly fixated on her true motives. “It’s been six seasons, Time Turner!” she shouted. “Don’t wait any longer! Tell her how you feel!”