• Published 8th May 2018
  • 416 Views, 0 Comments

Ponyville Adjusts To Starlight - The REAL Mister Pkmn



Ponyvillians try and accept Starlight. Emphasis on try.

  • ...
1
 0
 416

Incident Four: The Storm Brews

Things had calmed down since Sunset had left Ponyville, and the day was still rather young. It didn’t take much longer for Maestro’s response letter to arrive in a flash of his magic. Starlight opened it to read what he had to say.

“Dear Star,

“Your description of the events surrounding Sunset are concerning. She isn’t one to give up because of her character, as you have led me to understand in your letter. So, here is some advice to you: Don’t stoop to her level, and you’ll be fine. You need to be above her baiting. And while you described that you showed some resolve of such when our friends were at your side, such will not always be the case. Always believe that someday you can help her see how amazing friendship can be, even if it may take days, weeks, months, or even years. I’m sorry that I can’t be there in person, but I wish you the best of luck with her.

“Your Friend,

“Maestro Spectrum”

Starlight nodded silently. Maestro’s advice did make sense, given the situation. Starlight had to be careful with Sunset, given how much of a loose cannon she was right now. She turned to her friends that were within the area. “Alright girls, I know that we sent Sunset packing, but she’ll be back. We need to be ready for when she comes back. Are you with me?”

Each of her friends nodded, giving a different response.
Berry giggled. “Sure as champagne!”
Thunder snorted with confidence. “Do you even have to ask? Of course I am!”
Crescendo nodded firmly. “Ready as always.”
Cherry pawed at the ground a bit. “That Sunset needs a reality check, and who better to deliver it than us?”
Serenity smiled gently. “We’ll continue to help you reach out to her, no matter what.”

Starlight nodded. “Alright girls. So, let’s talk strategy. What do we do when she shows her face next?”

Thunder twitched her wings a bit in agitation. “She’s likely to bring something into the town that she really shouldn’t mess with. I say that we make sure the townsponies are ready for evacuation, just in case.”

Cherry nodded slightly. “You make a good point, but there is more at play here. We need to help her see that her way of thinking is wrong, and open her heart to friendship.”

Crescendo lightly flapped her wings as she thought. “Easily said, harder to do. How are we going to get through to somebody that is that conceited?” She chuckled lightly at Starlight’s glare. “Uh, no offence?”

Starlight smiled and sighed as she shook her head. “Don’t worry, none taken. But, you girls did get through to me, so we can get through to her. No matter how long it might take.”

Berry tapped her chin a bit. “Well, she’s quite stubborn, that’s for sure. We’re gonna have to pull out all the stops to get her to listen. Though, we will first need her to consider the option that she may be wrong. We may need to show her exactly what her kind of thinking gets you. It’s the best shot that we could possibly have.”

Serenity shook her head. “I don’t know. That might be a bit too drastic. We need to approach this problem very carefully. Doing something like that might just make things a whole lot worse. We should try something quite a bit more sensible first. We need to diffuse whatever situation that she decides to toss at the town next, then approach her with a proposition about a mentoring program. The problem is, we have no clue when she might decide to strike Ponyville again.”

The girls continued to throw ideas around, unaware of the eyes watching from afar.


Sunset muttered in agitation to herself. “Grr. Confound that Starlight. She and her friends are just so irritating!” Her horn started to glow white hot as scorch marks started to appear on the ground.

It was at this point that a hooded figure made herself known. “You wish to harm the Heroes of Harmony? I can help.”

Sunset stared at the suspicious figure. “How do I know that I can trust you? No offence, but you look quite creepy.”

The figure giggled. “Oh, don’t worry about my feelings. I get that my constitution can be quite… unnerving.” She shook her head. “Regardless, I can help you get back at those Heroes of Harmony. I won’t ask for much in return, just a small favor later. Are you interested?”

Sunset contemplated that for a moment. This figure looked almost like some sort of old restitched doll, from what was visible underneath that cloak. She was offering help with Sunset’s issue for the guarantee of a “small favor” later. The offer was tempting, but… Sunset shook her head. “Maybe some other time. I can handle this on my own.”

The figure sighed as she shook her head. “I see. Oh well, them’s the breaks. If you really think that you can defeat them on your own, don’t let me stop you. I’ll see y’later…”

Sunset huffed as the figure left. As if she’d ever rely on somebody else to get what she needed. She could get back at Starlight herself, thank you very much. She went into the Everfree to find what she needed. Poison Joke? Sunset recalled that Starlight didn’t like reading all that much. A mischievous grin spread across her muzzle. It was a good thing that she’d brought a bag with her. She’d rather not risk touching the things herself. So with precision magic, she plucked a few from the ground. She’d no idea what the Joke would do to Starlight and her posse, but she didn’t care. She waited for night, and made her way back into town. She’d gathered information about where each of them’re staying, so it wasn’t long before she’d spread ground-up Joke upon all of them. She snickered as she ran off. “Oh, this’ll be good…”

Author's Note:

Well now, Sunset's gone and done it. Sure, it might not be what you expected out of her, but It'll be interesting to see what happens.