• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 1,406 Views, 0 Comments

A new life - Gamel_Lightshow



It's been a few years since the birth of the new addiction to the family of Twilight and Spike. Now that they've recovered a bit from all the excitement and new additions to the town, they can finally relax a bit and get ready for more trouble ahead.

  • ...
5
 0
 1,406

Even in the dark there is light.

Author's Note:

Yikes! It's been forever since I last wrote on this, but here you guys go. Just gotta add a little bit of water here to rejuvenate it.

Spikes tucks away his bundle of joy and lays a kiss upon her head. It's been several months since the incident of Ponyville, now known as a day of remembrance, yet the night still hangs heavy on his mind. He's worked hard for a good life for Wishful Volcano. The creatures around him try his patience sometimes, but he knows its all for her and her mother.

Spike creeps out of the room and down the stairwell to the living room below. After crossing the foyer, he moves into the kitchen jumping as Zacora closes one of the cabinets above the stove.

"As awake as ever I see. Tell me, what causes you to be? Is not your lover waiting? Best not keep her long while the night is fading."

Spike says nothing as he looks up the stairs to where not only his child but his wonderful mare are. He knows he should be with Twilight yet something has been nagging at him this past couple of days. School is going fine, their friends have been by to visit from time to time, and they've managed to get jobs to keep them afloat and then some. Yet for some reason, he can't help but have a feeling of anxiousness.

"I could ask you the same, Zecora. Shouldn't you be asleep by now? I know you're not as young as you used to be."

Spike sits at the kitchen table watching as the Zebra prepares and brews herself a kettle of tea using various ingredients gathered and bought from various places around town.

"Speaking of age will put a mare to shame. Have you no tact you merciless gnat " Zacora says with playfulness I'm her voice.

"Sorry! Sorry. It's just... I feel... Odd. I feel like there should be something more. Something I'm missing. Something I've overlooked. Ever since Wishful was born and Twilight's injury, I've been scared. More scared than I've been in years, Zecora. And... I don't know what to do. And it might just be eating away at me." Spike says staring at the wooden table and his own hands.

"The power you seek comes with a price. And the consequences it begets are never nice. Too much of one thing can be a undo much you have brought. But is it worth it to be consumed by those thoughts?"

"No... No, I guess you're right. "

Spike looks up as Zacora places a cup upon the table before him. The steam of the tea rises into the air and his nose is filled with a pleasant smell.

"Be calm, young drake. For you have much left before your fate." Zecora says before pouring her own and joining him at the table.

Spike nods once before drinking away at his cup, "Thank you."

Zecora gives a smile and nod before the drake makes his way to his lover's side.


(Week later)

Spikes pushes the Minotaur back and ducks at the erratic punch at his face. The two move about one another, eyes locked. A feint and a swipe low causes the Minotaur to misstep. The drake pushes his advantage and lands a blow into the stomach of the other.

The larger creature grunts pain but doesn't give up. He staggers for a moment, but that moment is all Spike needed. Another fist follows up from the first to land against the bovine's jaw casting him into the air and on his back moments later.

The bell rings and the ref comes forward counting. The drake backs away breathing heavily while hitting his gloved hands together. The cheers of those around him are quiet compared to the beating of his own heart.

"He's out!" The Pegasus stallion ref yells flying over to Spike and raising his more dominate arm into the air, "Winner of tonight is Dragon of the South!".

The crowd grows louder and feverish as the drake drops his head to bask in the glory. Within this moment of everything, he feels a burning passion within his soul. As if everything about the world is right. He knows when he passes through the locker room, after getting checked up, and finally getting talked at, he'll have to change his form once more. From Spike the fighter to Spike the loving father to Wishful Volcano and husband of Twilight Sparkle.

The two may be the same person, but the two may never blend. He has to be strong, yet gentle. It's almost necessary for him to remain strong for everyone. Many, like himself, have become symbols of change. And some wish to see that change put down.

Those same creatures never consider what their actions will bring. How it will warp and change the world despite trying to fight the change. Foolish and brash until they destroy themselves.

"What. Did. You. Just. Say." It wasn't much of a question, but more of a statement.

"Y-you're daughter has gone missing. We tracked down one of the key suspects in this event and we are doing everything to track her down as well as all the other children they've taken. It seems that only mix blooded children were taken so we are labeling this down as a species crime."

Spike's grip breaks through the table and Twilight is quick to nuzzle him. Tears mat the tuff underneath her eyes and further beyond the room her friends, angry and saddened, question what they should do. After all, Dragons are known to be volatile in extreme situations. The nervously shifting bubble gum and lavender Unicorn across from him don't help either.

"What do you know."

"W-w-we can't discl-"

"Shut up. Tell me everything. Or I swear to Celestia I will walk my way into his cell and get them myself. And we both know what would happen." Spike says glaring down every officer in the room.


The lone griffon in the room clears his throat and moves to stand beside his fellow officer. The griffon in question is the chief of the police force. He now sees fit to put in his own two bits before things start to get out of claws.

"I understand how you feel. My daughter was taken. Your opponent's son from last night was taken. Not only that, but his wife was killed protecting their daughter. Everyone has lost something within the last few hours. And that's not even the most recent report.

I'll be dammed if I let this turn into any more of a tragedy. If you see anything. Anything at all. Tell us. Delay them if possible. Watch your wife. These bastards have gone too far and are going after the children now.

And if I fail. I'll let you and everyone else in this town do what they like against me. I'll take all that anger and sadness. Then I will step down from the police chief because I wouldn't be deserving of such a title anymore. "

The Dragon and the Griffon hold eyes. They look into each other's very soul. And then they nod.