• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 1,405 Views, 0 Comments

A new life - Gamel_Lightshow



It's been a few years since the birth of the new addiction to the family of Twilight and Spike. Now that they've recovered a bit from all the excitement and new additions to the town, they can finally relax a bit and get ready for more trouble ahead.

  • ...
5
 0
 1,405

Hooves and Hearts; Hearts and Hooves

Author's Note:

Sorry about late post. My valintine's day was waaaaay too long.

The days have come and gone with seconds becoming minutes, the minutes into hours, the hours into days, the days into weeks, months, and finally years. Time never ceased moving forward as the life of every creature big or small continues ever onward. Sure there have been a few hiccups here and there in this wonderful world of Eqeuestria, but the one thing that hasn't been changed is the path that Spike and Twilight have taken together one hoof and claw step at a time as their little fruit of their labor grows bigger and stronger with each breath and ever new knowledge gained.

Her destiny will shine brighter than all others. And speaking of such fruit, it's about time she got up so she doesn't bet late for school. Now arise Spike.

Spike's eyes crack open slowly as he feels his bio-metrical clock tell him to awaken from slumber in order to complete his daily tasks. The first being of waking his loving and caring wife, Twilight Sparkle, from her all too restful slumber. The drool from the corner of her mouth as she squeezes Spike's soft scaled body against hers proves this all too much that someone is enjoying their dream all too much. Spike can only chuckles as he leans over her and places a kiss on her snout before shaking her body purple furred body lightly while rubbing her side.

"It's time to wake up Twilight." Spike says in a whisper finding himself unconsciously smiling at his wife, "You gotta wake up our special girl before breakfast is ready remember."

Twilight lets out a grumble of something incoherent as she presses her body closer against spike's own. Spike lets out a blissful sigh looking down at Twilight's happy drooling face. He chuckles and starts shaking her ever so slightly harder while leaning down closer to her ear drooped ear that's catching a slight ray of sunlight.

"Princess Celestia is down stairs waiting for a report on our child~" Spike says his smile getting bigger as he talks.

Twilight's eyes shoot open faster than a speeding rocket as she flings herself from the bed in a array of erratic motions. Her hooves hit the floor and soon her muzzle follows as she trips over herself and the blue purple sheets that done the bed before sliding across the floor slightly in a heap of a mess. She groans and untangles herself while Spike, with a more than pleased smile and chuckle, watches as his wife frantically go around collecting this and that that the Princess may call for. If there was a Princess of course.

"Spike! Why didn't you tell me before that Celestia was coming down here! I would've been up earlier! Come on get out of bed we need to make sure that Wishful Volcano is up and ready for the Princess!" Twilight yells levitating the sheets back onto the bed as well as clothes their little girl and possibly herself with the way she's looking at herself in the mirror, "We need to shower and clean Wishful because you know how she can get with water when it touches her scales."

Spike can only chuckle at Twilight's antics as he climbs out of the bed himself. He can't help but marvel at how eager she gets when it comes to A. The princess, and B. Their daughter. When the two are combined, she seems unstoppable and incoherent. Of course she's completely right about Wishful with water...

"Twilight, calm down. Princess Celestia isn't downstairs, but you should probably go wake up our daughter for school. You wouldn't want her to be tardy would you?" Spike asks raising his eyebrow at a now stock still Twilight.

She glares at Spike as he exits out of the room with a smile on his face before sighing. Despite how he's gotten a lot more... "masculine" she just can't help but to forgive her lover and the father to her daughter. She knows no matter what he does or says, he means well and would never wish harm upon the family in anyway.

She looks to the calendar they have hanging on the wall besides the window and smiles. Today just effectively became even more special upon looking upon the date.

"Heartshaped Pancakes!" Twilight yells leaving out of the room soon after Spike.


Spike can only smile as his eyes scan over the card in front of him from his loving daughter. She has just came home from school with a card in her mouth the shape of a heart all covered in pretty colours and glitter. And on the front is a picture of her, Twilight, and Spike all holding hooves and paws with hearts around them. Of course its crudely made being a young filly dragonling, but its the thought that truly counts.

And the thought here is the thought of familial love. Love that can not be topped by any other.

"Come here sweety!" Spike exclaims sweeping his daughter into his arms and close to his chest.

The little bundle of love giggles happily burying her muzzle snout into his neck and chest while latching on with her front paws. This amalgamation of love between a pony and dragon is Spike's pride and joy as he rubs her back slowly bring her further into the home fromt he front door where they had been standing. Upon sitting on the couch she hops off of him and lays beside her father her body glowing a light purple as the door closes.

"So how was your day daddy?" She ask eagerness sparkling in her eyes.

"Pretty well. Momma ended up going out with her friends today on another adventure, but I'm sure when she gets back she'll tell you allll about it." Spike says ruffling her shiny purple mane.

"Yay! I hope she brings me something back with her." She says beaming a smile up at him.

"Oh I'm sure she will. You know how Twilight is. Her little daughter comes first." Spike says looking towards the door with a smile.