• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 1,406 Views, 0 Comments

A new life - Gamel_Lightshow



It's been a few years since the birth of the new addiction to the family of Twilight and Spike. Now that they've recovered a bit from all the excitement and new additions to the town, they can finally relax a bit and get ready for more trouble ahead.

  • ...
5
 0
 1,406

The Flames of Hate May Never Be Quenched

Author's Note:

I just want to say sorry about this one being so dark, but with all the light stuff I've written you gotta understand that some really heavy stuff has to even it out.

Spike can only stare with hatred at the scene unfolding before him. Everything used to be so calm, and now this just had to up and happen. Though he supposes it was eventually inevitable, it would have been nice if it would never happen in the first place. People so filled with hate that they feel they have to take unnecessary actions in order to make sure that their hate is justified and understood.

But this? This was just sick and demented. He's not sure what type of sick demented mind would do such a cruel thing to creatures that are so much like them. He can understand being scared and angry at those that have attacked you before and now your allies for a while, but up and just doing this because of your own bias on creatures that want to change and help? That's just cruel! To earn someone's trust and just turn around to spit on it in front of their eyes.

A growl emits from Spike's throat as his anger rises his eyes turning to Ponyville. He's not sure who had done this, but he was going to make sure to find out who and make them pay. This is now more than hate. They're trying to terrorize the creatures of the town and make sure they understand that their lives mean nothing. No. More than nothing.

That they're nothing but livestock for the slaughter.

Spike thinks enough is enough. It's time to take action and he already knows what his first move should be.

He moves closer to the tree and begins to climb its truck to the first set of branches where a rope hangs with the lifeless body of changelings attached to the end. He uses his claws to cut each and every one of them down from the tree before beginning to dig a grave for each and every one of them nearby. This was all he could do. Mourn the dead and alert Twilight and others of what has transpired here. He turns to see the sign before him nailed to the tree.

Your lives or theirs. Pick a side.

He rips the side down and engulfs with a small burst of fire from his mouth. He turns to the graves and gives a silent prayer for their souls to have a safe trip into paradise.


The crackles of the flame behind them grow louder as more fuel is added while people punch, kick, and tackle one another. Spike picks up one of the ponies wearing brightly colored clothes the supremacists wear. He tries his best to break free from the grasp of the dragon, but he lacks the strength as he's thrown down the road rolling and popping in the air a few times. Nearby, Twilight is holding back spells of unicorns with a shield worked on together with Cadence a few years back.

She turns with tears in her eyes towards Spike.

"Why? Why are they doing this?"

Spike moves towards Twilight the fighting loud and in full motions around them, "It's because they're one track minded Twilight. You know how that is. You've seen it happen to me when I started to fall to greed. They've fallen to their hate."

"But the changelings and their children are good! There's no reason to hate!" Twilight yells back.

"There will always be a reason to hate. Years down the road, it may be forgotten the first reason of why the hate started, but the hate will always be there. Just like the tension of the Griffins and the Ponies."

"But that's different. This is more of in fighting."

Spike sighs and looks back over the sea of ponies and changelings fighting one another. Spike stands up and looks down at her.

"But I will be here with you until the end Twilight. For you and our child. I will never allow anything to harm you or our child."

"I just wish Celestia and Luna were here..."


The embers illuminate the light as ponies sit together holding one another, crying, and whispering to their families and kids. Spike stands at the back of the ground his right eye covered by a clean wrap of cloth. Beside him, Twilight lies the fur under her eyes matted down by tears and their child asleep in Spike's arm. He continues to stroke her mane watching over the crowd silently as everyone mourns in their different ways. Zecora had come once the fighting was calming down with medicine to help the mind and body.

Another reason why branching is good.

The attackers fled town out into the plains east of the town. To where, no pony really knows. And nobody knows when they will be back either. All they can simply do is try to move on while living in fear and worry at the possible idea that another attack like this may come again. Blood, tears, and sweat have been shed today. Along with those dreams, hope, and lives have been shattered and lost. Their numbers will increase as like-minded people seem to always come together.