• Published 4th Jul 2012
  • 6,131 Views, 132 Comments

Blueblood's Blush. - Sophocoles



Prince Blueblood meets The Great and Powerful Trixie.

  • ...
8
 132
 6,131

Chapter 5

Blueblood stood in front of the mirror, examining his hair to make sure not a single strand was out of place. As usual, he had that little bit of his blond mane that fell in front of his eye. That, however, was not a problem.

Something was out of the ordinary that night. He felt... nervous. Now, this was a new feeling to the prince. Whenever he had gone on dates, he had felt calm, even bored; but tonight was different. He wanted to make a good impression on this mare.

He put on his white suit and pulled on a bow tie. He noticed in the mirror how apprehensive he looked. “Come on, Blueblood. Pull it together. You’ve got this, she’s just a mare.” Only... she wasn’t. She was the most beautiful mare he had ever laid eyes upon.

He trotted to the sink and splashed his face with cool water before starting down the stairs to the dining room. As he stepped, he thought of what to say to her, sometimes even speaking it out loud to himself to see whether it sounded silly or not.

“Hello, ma’am. Might I say you look stunning tonight?” Ma’am? Was that too formal? Was he allowed to call her Trixie? Miss Great and Powerful didn’t sound right...

“Your eyes look truly beautiful this evening.” Was that too forward? Maybe he should focus on greetings.

“Hello, I’m Prince Blueblood.” But... she already knows that.

“Salutations.” Too philosophical.

“Hi!” Not even close.

Before he knew it he was in front of the dining hall doors. The white stallion stared at them for a few moments. His date was behind that door. This night HAD to be perfect.

The door was pushed open and in walked Prince Blueblood. He did his best to put on a charming smile, but it probably looked like he had a bit of gas due to the nerves. He crossed the floor, trying to look as royal as he could.

Then, his eyes fell upon his date. She was sitting at the long table, waiting for him. Her hair was done up and was slightly curled. It shined in the moonlight beaming in from the window. Her dress was a deep purple; the same purple as her hat and cape, and was lined with stars on the front and tied off in a ribbon at the back. The purple matched her eyes perfectly. Her deep beautiful eyes.

He just stood there, looking at her. It was a few moments before he realized that he had legs. He walked the rest of the distance between him and his date, doing his best to not look like a foal.

Trixie looked up at him and gave a half-smirk half-smile. It nearly took his breath away.

“I.. Prince... Hi.” Great job, Blueblood. He took his seat across from her and smiled again.

She laughed at his nervousness. “Many get nervous in the presence of the Great and Powerful Trixie.” She was actually a bit surprised with how he was acting. It was like she was talking to a different pony, one that didn’t act like a prince. She looked him over. He was just as handsome as he was rich.

Blueblood cleared his throat and tried to think of something to say. “So. Wonderful weather we’re having.”

Trixie chuckled. “I suppose so.” She allowed herself to switch into first person.

Blueblood noticed the change, smiled, and looked at the menu in front of him. “M-Mh. What would you like?” He was sweating.

“Hm.. I’ll have the hayseed soup.” She was so hungry.. she could've ordered four bowls, but she had to be mindful of the prince’s standards.

Mindful? Hm. Well that was a new one for Trixie. Maybe this guy wasn’t half bad. He was pretty cute.

Dinner went as well as it could have. Blueblood failed at almost all of his attempts to make small talk, but it was okay since it made Trixie break into fits of giggles. He oh so adored her laugh.

There were a few times when his more stuck-up side shone through. Like when a drop of his own hot soup fell on his coat, which caused him to let out a little whine and a bit of muttering to himself as he furiously tried to clean it up. Trixie, after a humorous sigh, ended up using a common cleaning spell to return his coat back to a dazzling white. It hurt his pride a bit, but he was able to accept that he had been bested and move on.

Trixie was also mostly able to keep her cool. She noticed that whenever she bragged about herself or told a giant fish tale, Blueblood truly believed her. After a few more lies, she started feeling bad. She didn't want him to think of her as something she wasn't. So, somewhere halfway through the dinner, she stopped with the made up stories about herself and instead asked a few questions about him.

This turned out to be a horrible idea seeing as how the prince had decided to go into excruciatingly precise detail about every aspect of his boring life. Trixie didn’t quite mind, but it was a bit much.

After a cup of tea and a light dessert, the two ponies were able to talk a bit more. Trixie wasn’t too keen on revealing her past; it hurt her too much to talk about. Besides, she didn’t want to make everything awkward. They were able to talk about their favorite foods, colors, and clothes. They talked about their favorite places and who they were betting on in the next Wonderbolts race.

Prince Blueblood, having already said everything about his life, had moved on to talking about life in the castle and royalty. After he went on for a few minutes about the whole thing, he noticed that Trixie was not responding as enthusiastically as she did to his other previous statements. It finally hit him that Trixie was, in fact, not royalty. Maybe she was not even rich. He quickly changed the subject.

After about an hour, the date was over. The two just stood there for a bit, neither one of them knowing what to say. Before anything else could happen, their eyes met. They both gave a somewhat awkward smile before something very new happened. Trixie’s eyes got a bit wider as she bit her bottom lip. Her cheeks displayed a hint of red as she blushed ever so slightly.

Then she leaned in, ever so slowly, and rubbed her face on the side of his. She nuzzled him. Not a word was exchanged as she smiled, backed away, and started the walk to her house.

Blueblood just stood there for a moment. Frozen. She... she... she nuzzled him. He watched her go. This night was so... so amazing. Nothing could have gone better. All of a sudden he realized that he hadn’t set up another date.

“WAIT!!” He cantered after her. She stopped and turned to look at him. “Wh-When can we meet up again?”

She smiled gently at him. “You can pick me up after my midday show tomorrow. Keep in mind, The Great and Powerful Trixie does not like to be kept waiting.” And with that she was gone.

Blueblood somehow was able to get back to the castle and to his room. His face had a huge, glazed over look and a grin on it as he slipped into bed. He could not wait for tomorrow.