• Published 3rd Jan 2017
  • 3,535 Views, 67 Comments

The Legend of Celestia: Twilight Princess - Kaliann25



The Hero is called by Midna for a last mission together; and Princess Twilight meets the Twilight Princess

  • ...
11
 67
 3,535

Princess Twilight meets the Twilight Princess ruler of Twilight

Princess Twilight meets the Twilight Princess ruler of Twilight

“IT CAN’T BE! HUMANS! REAL HUMANS WHO USE MAGIC! THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!” Shrieked Lyra crying because of the emotion. “And how is your world? Where are you from mister and miss human? Do you have names? And tell me, the color of your human skin is a difference between male and female or you’re more like us that everypony’s color is different? Oh I have so many questions that I think I’m gonna explode! Are you a couple? How do you breed? Are you going to have your foals in Equestria or you’re lost? Is the Everfree Forest the connection with the human world? Because…”

That was enough, using her hair (now hand-shaped) she shut the pony’s mouth.

“Sweet Goddess, I never thought there was someone more irritating than your friend Shad”

“The one obsessed with the bird-people?” Asked Epona trying to remember.

“That one”

Link sighed and stared at Midna who finally released Lyra’s mouth.

“Ey, why you did that miss human?” Protested Lyra.

“Sorry about that” said Link. “But you were talking too fast, and as you said, we’re lost and need help”

“Besides I’m pretty sure there are more of those things around” added Sweet Fog pointing to what was left of the Timberwolf.

Lyra looked at the therstral and got it.

“Oh right, sorry, I just got too excited. You see, for most of the ponies humans are nothing but an old pony tale; but I always had the feeling you were real and now you suddenly save me! Oh, but where are my manners? The name is Lyra, Lyra Heartstrings”

“I’m Link”

“Epona”

“Sweet Fog”

“Midna”

Lyra nodded and began to lead them to the town of Ponyville where she lived while keep talking much for Midna’s irritation.

“Ehem, again sorry, I got a little carried away. I am an anthropologist you see, for me humans are more than myths and I’m willing to prove it in one way or another. So tell me miss Epona and mister Fow, what are you doing with this humans?”

“My family have served the Twilight Royal Family for generations” explained Sweet Fog. “And it’s my duty to be with my lady wherever she requests me!”

“And for me I’m Link’s oldest friend. Wherever he is, I’m at his side” said Epona happily. “We’ve lived tons of adventures together”

Midna, who was riding Link like the old times, sighed with patience. But suddenly she had an idea, something to make this idiot to calm down.

“And sorry for disappointing you but we’re not humans as you call us. I am a Twili and Link is a Hylian. Not humans”

Lyra froze for a second.

“But, but, but… you look like actual humans! This can’t be, are you telling me that humans doesn’t exist?”

“Humans do exist” explained Link. “In fact the Twili and the Hylians are related to the human race”

And that was enough to cheer up Lyra while Midna was mentally punching Link. But unaware from the Twili’s annoyance, Link and Lyra kept chatting happily. By their way Epona and Sweet Fog did noticed it and chuckled looking at Midna’s face.

“So humans have related races?!” Said Lyra with brightening eyes. “Oh, like ponies and zebras! So cool!”

“One step at the time” said Link calmly. “Why don’t we ask a question each one? You see, we don’t know much about ponies”

“Of course, of course! Sorry Link, can I call you Link?”

“Yes, and that was your first question” said Midna mischievously. “Now us, where are you leading us?”

“An easy one!” Said Lyra. “To my house in Ponyville. I can’t wait to show Bon-Bon how real you are! But you better turn Link back before or she’ll freak out”

“I’m used to, is the usual reaction whenever Midna turns me into a wolf” sighed Link resigned.

“My turn! Humans can use magic?”

“No, they can’t, but Hylians and Twilis can” explained Midna.

“And where are we?” Asked Epona.

Lyra smiled widely.

“In the Everfree Forest! A place very interesting but dangerous at the time. I was investigating some leads about the existence of humans and out of nowhere a Timberwolf appeared and attacked me. But then I found you and what seemed like the last day of my life turned into the best of the bests!”

Epona shrugged, but she was starting to get annoyed by Lyra’s excitement as well; same as Fog and of course Midna. But Link was more than used to talk with an obsessed person and knew that this kind of people were the best to gather information.

“Lyra, what Epona meant is which country are we?”

“Oh, in Equestria the Magical Land of Ponies! I thought you knew, after all you have two ponies in your group”

Sweet and Epona shook their heads surprised. For real? A land full of equines? Then they were in a country where horses like them lived in society? It seemed impossible.

“You mean there are more like us?” Asked Sweet Fog.

“It’s my turn!” Protested Lyra. “How did you get here if you didn’t knew Equestria?”

“It was an accident” explained Midna. “An idiot is merging my world with yours, endangering both. I would love to give you the details but we better find someone to discuss this thing. And no, our world don’t suppose to be connected”

Lyra nodded and suddenly she stopped.

“We’re here! My hometown Ponyville!!”

The firsts to approach were Epona and Sweet Fog amazed for what they saw: it was almost as they imagined, a small town like any other, but populated by colorful ponies as them. It was beautiful, they saw them attending small businesses, pushing carts as in Hyrule and the Twilibht but the passengers were other ponies.

“It’s wonderful!” Said Sweet Fog and Epona at the time.

“You like it?” Asked Lyra. “It’s great!”

“And we better keep it this way” said Midna still riding on Link and approaching slowly. “Where can we start warning?”

“No, no, no, first we’re going to my place where you’ll explain me everything you know about Hylians, Twilis and humans!”

The group rolled their eyes, how could they explain this pony that her town was in danger?
But then Rainbow Dash, passing by, approached to greet Lyra.

“Ey Lyra! How was your expedition through the forest? Anyway, you better go see Bon-Bon, she almost faint when she found out!”

But then the cyan mare’s eyes stopped on Link and Midna.

“WATCH OUT! A MONSTER FROM THE EVERFREE FOREST!”

Link sighed, of course this had to happen!
The effect was the usual: everypony dropped what they were doing and ran to lock into their respective homes, and even heard a couple reinforcing the doors with planks.

“Hyrule citadel, Ordon Village, and now here! This is why I hate turning into a wolf!”

But this had only started, soon a group of six ponies ran to confront the beast; (much braver than any of Zelda’s soldiers) leaded by a lavender-colored pony with wings and a horn.

“Attention! Rainbow, Applejack, try to distract the thing! Fluttershy, once we immobilize it use your Stare!”

The flying pony who started the scandal was also the first to attack flying straight to Link.

“We better do something” sighed Midna. “Link!”

Wolf and imp separated eluding a double tackle from the flying cyan pony and an orange one with a rodeo loop and a cowboy hat. Looking that their attack failed, Applejack and Rainbow Dash reorganized positions and began to alternate to attack Link and Midna, each one of them losing terrain. Of course the two of them were very skilled warriors and would have no problem getting rid of the ponies, not seriously injuring them on the process was the process.

Princess Twilight Sparkle shoot a magic beam to the wolf, sending Link to a rock.

“Link!” Screamed Midna.

“Now!” Commanded Twilight.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash took the rodeo loop between their mouths and ran to tie the creature before it was too late.
Luckily Twilight’s attack was nothing compared with Ganondorf’s and Link quickly recovered.

“Enough! Epona, Gale Boomerang!”

“Quick thinking pal!” Said Epona passing Link the item.

Link caught the thing with his mouth and faced Applejack and Rainbow Dash who had stopped when they heard Link speaking.

“That thing spoke?”

Before they could react, Link threw the weapon with one of his paws, aiming to Rainbow Dash who was on the air. The object hit her (not very effective) but then the real attack came in the form of a small tornado that got her and sent her to the ground dizzy. The boomerang returned to Link and aimed to Applejack.

“What about you? Are you going to stop and listen or what?”

Applejack, really confused, nodded slowly and Link lowered his Gale Boomerang.

“I know I’m kind of threatening but believe us, we’re up to no harm. Right Epona?”

Epona giggled and winked an eye to Applejack, who suddenly couldn’t stop looking at Epona.

“Yeah, he’s just a big puppy, don’t worry about Link”

And for Midna, she took advantage that Twilight was distracted listening at Link speaking with Rainbow Dash and Applejack and hit her with her hand-shaped hair.

“Ouch!”

“That’s for hurting my friend!”

“Midna!” Complained Link.

“Whatever, whatever!”

Twilight recovered from the punch and approached slowly to the visitors with Fluttershy.

“So you can talk? You’re not chasing any ponies?”

“Yes, we can talk and no, we don’t eat ponies. It sounds kind of gross” said Midna scratching her head.

“I promise they’re not bad!” Said Lyra jumping in front of Midna and Link. “They saved me from a Timberwolf. Rainbow Dash, Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie: let me introduce you to Link, Epona, Sweet Fog and Midna!”

The two groups stared to each other but Link smiled and offered a paw to Rainbow Dash.

“Hi, I’m Link. And sorry for the boomerang”

“Nah, it’s cool. Sorry for attacking you without asking first”

So the rest of the group introduced themselves and the things calmed a little.

“I feel so stupid, we should ask first” said Twilight smiling apologetically. “And what brings you to Ponyville?”

“Nothing good I’m affraid” said Midna. “Something very dangerous is happening endangering both of our homes. It would be great if you let me speak with someone with authority and competent in magic. Sorry if I had to ask you this much but the current situation leave me no choice”

Twilight frowned.

“What you mean? Who are you really?”

“My name is Midna, Princess of Twilight. This is Link, and let’s say he’s my knight. This is Epona, Link’s partner and Sweet Fog, mine”

“Princess Twilight? Are you crazy or what?” Said Pinkie bouncing and looking suspiciously to the visitors. “Twilight is the only Twilight Princess I know. Her name is even Twilight and her Kingdom is this, in fact we’re at Twilight’s Kingdom right now”

Again Midna used her hand-shaped hair to shut her mouth.

“Listen to me idiot: the Twilight is the home of the people of Twili, my people. Alright? I don’t know who the hell is Princess Twilight but she has nothing to do with me or my Realm”

Twilight approached.

“I am Princess Twilight, one of the four Princesses of Equestria. But seriously, what’s going on?”

“So you are a Princess? Okay, we’re lucky guys. Princess Twilight, is better if we show you. Care to follow us to the Forest?”

The group looked at Applejack, who nodded.

“They’re telling the truth, it’s safe to go with them”

So they began to walk to the forest much for Lyra’s disappointment.

“Ey what about my talk about Hylians, Twilis and Humans?”

“Priorities airhead” said Sweet Fog.

“I promise we’ll tell you everything, but just not now” assured Link.

Lyra nodded sadly and she slowly walked to her house.

“Humans?” Asked Rainbow looking at Lyra.

“You don’t want to know” said Midna, Epona and Sweet at the same time.

So the four Hyrule Warriors lead the way back where they entered. And of course the girls gasped looking at the black wall covered in orange symbols, the entrance to Twilight. Just the sight of it seemed frightening, but Twilight could also feel the dark magic aura coming from it.

“What’s this? What’s going on?” Asked Princess Twilight.

“This, Princess Twilight, is my Kingdom: the Twilight” explained the Twilight Princess. “It’s growing, slowly swallowing your Kingdom bringing horrible consequences for both your people and mine. I have my own agents investigating on my side, but it seems it’s coming from yours. I don’t know who is responsible but all I want is to stop this before it’s too late”

Twilight touched the entrance to Twilight.

“So this is a window to other world… unbelievable! But why it had to appear on the Everfree Forest? The wild magic around camouflaged the one coming from this thing… no, this is nothing normal”

“It seems it was on purpose” said Midna. “Now, can you do something or do you still want to discuss with someone else?”

Princess Twilight gulped and looked at the Twilight Princess.

“I wish we brought Spike, he would send a letter to Princess Celestia immediately. I’ll inform this to my mentor, she needs to see this… and tomorrow she’ll come for you. I know this is urgent but first I need to discuss with my fellow Princesses”

“If you have to, but don’t take too long” said Midna. “We’ll return tomorrow at this hour. Come on!”

“Can’t we stay and explore?” Complained Link.

Midna chuckled.

“You’re free to go if you wish Link”

Link smiled widely and was about to ask Princess Twilight if it was okay to go stay there until Midna were back, but he stopped. Now that he thought about it, what he really wanted was to stay with Midna.

“No, at least doesn’t sound like a great idea after what just happened…” he finally said.

Midna shrugged.

“Okay, if that’s what you wish”

So she was about to re-enter to the Twilight Realm but this time Sweet stopped her.

“Wait! Can I stay Lady Midna? Please?”

“And me?” Joined Epona.

Link and Midna looked to each other equally confused but Link quickly smiled.

“Sure! I’ll just lend you some money guys”

And he gave a bag of rupies to the two ponies.
Midna sighed.

“Fine! Link and I will be here at this hour tomorrow!”

So the Twilight Princess exchanged a look with Princess Twilight and returned to the Twilight, along with Link.

Author's Note:

I hate transition chapters, but I really want to finish the introductory arch so here it is! I hope you liked it and as always:

Read ya’ later!!