• Published 3rd Jan 2017
  • 3,535 Views, 67 Comments

The Legend of Celestia: Twilight Princess - Kaliann25



The Hero is called by Midna for a last mission together; and Princess Twilight meets the Twilight Princess

  • ...
11
 67
 3,535

Sweet Apple Acres’ forbidden field

Sweet Apple Acres’ forbidden field

The group left the Academy triumphal, ready for the next temple. And even if they were all exhausted, felt impatient to get into the next temple, a whole new sensation for the Bearers of Harmony but very familiar to the Twilight and Hyrule Warriors (except for Fi who went back inside the Master Sword until next time they need her). It was the excitement of the adventurer.

And right outside the Academy, Luna and Celestia were waiting for the.

“Well?” Asked Celestia looking hopefully at the group.

Twilight Sparkle smiled and nodded energetically.

“We made it Princess, and all thanks to our new friends” assured Twilight.

“No, it was because you had the right tool for the right circumstances” assured Midna, who was still in her imp-form. “Anyway, what’s the next temple? The sooner we finish this trials the better for Equestria and the Twilight”

“Agreed” said Celestia with a small nod. “The closest one is in Sweet Apple Acres, but it would be better if you take your time to properly reequip yourselves, don’t you think?”

“It’s the usual when you go on an adventure” said Wolf-Link. “We’re almost out of healing potions, and that’s crucial in temples, especially against the final bosses”

Midna groaned in frustration.

“Ug! I guess you’re right, as much as I want to go quickly we need at least that” mumbled the frustrated Twilight Princess. “Hey, do you know where can we buy some potions or medicine? Because if all the final battles are going to be as hard as this one, you’re going to need a lots of it”

“Healing potions?” Asked Luna thoughtful. “No… oh, perhaps your friend Zecora can help, she’s a master herbalist”

“Sounds good to me” said Epona shrugging.

However, something else was concerning Celestia.

“Healing potions? What do you mean with that? Don’t tell me you got hurt my faithful student!!”

“Something like that” said Twilight like it was nothing. “If it wasn’t for our friends’ vast inventory, I wouldn’t made it in one piece. But don’t worry, I’m okay and that’s all that matters”

“That’s the spirit Twilight” congratulated Rainbow Dash. “So we go back to Ponyville, talk to Zecora and rest for today”

“Good” agreed Celestia. “The next train leaves in fifteen minutes so you better hurry, I would normally prepare some chariots for you but the preparations would take more than boarding the train”

“However we’ll pay for your tickets” added Luna giving Twilight a bag of bits.

“Just what we needed, more money” mumbled Rarity slightly annoyed, but thanked the gesture anyway.

The entire group boarded the train (right after Celestia and Luna helped them to convicethe personal and the other passengers that Link wasn’t a menace).

“This is getting old” groaned the wolf.

“I know, but with a little luck we’ll end soon” assured Midna.

“I can only imagine how you feel but don’t worry, when we get to Ponyville no pony will overreact. We promise” smiled Fluttershy.

“For real?” Asked Midna sarcastically.

Twilight smiled.

“Yeah, as we told Epona, the folks of Ponyville are very friendly, they may be a little too expressive from time to time but we already explained you are our friends so they won’t be scared this time”

The Hyrule warriors exchanged an incredulous look, but they just shrugged and waited to get to the town, and much to their surprise, nopony panicked this time; and even a couple of ponies came to apologize for overreacting when they met.

“You have to be kidding me” said Midna facepalming.

“We told ya’!” Smiled Applejack. “Ya’ can say this is the friendliest town in Equestria!”

“I wonder if they’re not too friendly for their own good” whispered Link to Midna’s ear.

“Agree” said the imp. “But aren’t the Ordon people just the same?”

Applejack then headed to Sweet Apple Acres.

“Since we’re not going to the dungeon until tomorrow A’ll take care of some chores. Epona, wanna join me? Ma’ family would love to have ya’ again, especially Apple Bloom”

Epona smiled.

“Sure thing! Don’t you mind Link?”

“Of course not! Have fun Epona”

“But before we separate at least agree where to meet tomorrow morning” said Twilight. “Does Sweet Apple Acres sounds fine?”

“Sounds perfect since the temple is supposed to be there, are you okay with that Applejack?” Asked Pinkie.

“Sure, A’ don’t’ mind”

“So I’m going to Zecora’s to buy potions” said Twilight. “Can you lend me your bottles please?”

So Link and Midna gave her their bottles plus a few rupies between green and purple.

“Here, I don’t know if you can use this in this land but it may be good for something”

“What? Are you paying with jewels?” Asked Rarity excited. “Unbelievable, how many of those are you carrying? Oh, they seem so valuable, especially the green ones!”

Link and Midna looked incredulously to each other and then began to laugh happily.

“What? Did I said something funny?” Protested Rarity.

“It’s nothing! Is just that… the green rupies valuable? Give me a break!” Chuckled Midna.

Rarity seemed confused at this and tried to get an explanation from the laughing duo.
But Sweet Fog had heard a rupie discussion already between Applejack and Epona so he preferred to slowly walk away, being noticed by Fluttershy.

“Ehem, Sweet Fog… would you like me to… you know, show you Ponyville?”

Sweet Fog smiled widely.

“A private tour? I would love to! Thank you very much!”

So Fluttershy took Sweet Fog’s hoof and gently began to show him Ponyville, while Rarity fixed her mane and turned to Link and Midna.

“So, I guess I can be your guide to Ponyville” said the fashionista to the visitors. “It is a lovely town, right Pinkie Pie?”

The hyperactive pink pony began to bounce happily.

“But of course Rarity! We couldn’t call ourselves their friends if we don’t show them our beautiful town!” Cheered Pinkie Pie. “So, what do you think guys? Wanna join us show Ponyville to Link and Midna? What about you Dashie?”

Dash shook her head.

“Nah, I’ll check on my Daring Do collection to have an idea of what to do on our temples. But don’t worry, tomorrow you’ll see how much it worth it!”

And she flew to her home excitedly.
Then Twilight turned to the group and smiled apologetically.

“Okay, I guess you’re in Rarity’s and Pinkie’s capable hooves, in the meantime I’m heading up to Zecora’s, so guys, if you need a place to stay, my castle is always open. See you soon!”

And so the purple alicorn interned in the Everfree Forest.
Once she got deeper into the forest, noticed how much the Realm of Twilight had advanced, luckily Zecora’s cabin hadn’t been affected yet but it was only a matter of time.

“Now I wonder if taking the next of the day off it’s actually a good idea” mumbled Twilight.

And in the meantime, the two warriors were about to start their little tour around the town with Rarity and Pinkie when out of nowhere a cheerful minty-green unicorn jumped in front of them.

“Hello again guys! How you’re doing?!” Smiled Lyra. “We haven’t had the chance to talk since the fuzz of your arriving! Oh, or have you forget about me?”

“How could we?” Asked Midna with annoyance in her voice.

But Lyra didn’t seem to notice.

“You see, this morning I saw you hanging out with the Bearers of Harmony but I didn’t came to say hi because you seemed to be in a rush. Did something happened?”

“Kind of” mumbled Link with a sweat-drop in his temple. “But it doesn’t matter, at least for now. Anyway, what are you doing here Lyra? Aren’t you busy or something?”

Lyra shrugged.

“Nope! I have no concerts tonight so I decided to spend the day helping my wife in her store but she just kicked me out arguing that I’m distracting her so I began to wander around the town until now that I saw you; so here I am! It’s great to see my semi-human friends haven’t left yet!”

Link chuckled.

“This girl sure have lots of enthusiasm”

“And something that haven’t been diagnosed yet” said Pinkie Pie quietly, unfortunately Lyra heard her.

“Look who’s talking” complained Lyra. “But what you’re doing guys?”

“Relaxing after a long day” explained Link. “So we decided to take a look around Ponyville”

Lyra’s eyes sparkled in delight.

“Sounds just perfect! If you like it I can give you a tour! What you think?” Asked Lyra with a wide smile.

Rarity and Pinkie Pie were about to say there were on it but Link seemed to like the idea.

“Sure, why not? Midna, if you want you can go with Rarity and Pinkie Pie, I think I’ll have a good time hanging out with Lyra”

“Oh, it will be great!” Cheered Lyra. “And you can stay at my place if you want! Bonnie won’t mind, mostly because the house is mine, but also because I told her how you saved my life. She doesn’t believe you’re humanoid creatures but I know you’ll show her. Right Link?”

Midna shrugged.

“Whatever” groaned the Twilight Princess turning to Pinkie Pie and Rarity. “I know you would love to show us the town, but this girl showed us the way to Ponyville and I guess Wolfie have his reasons to go with her”

Rarity blinked surprised but at the end smiled at Midna.

“Of course not! I’ll take the chance to take care of pending dresses before the work over accumulate”

“But Link, why Lyra and not us?” Whispered Pinkie to the wolf’s ear.

“First and most important, because you can use some rest after what we lived down there” explained the warrior. “And second, because in my experience, the weirdest people can lead you to the best clues… or have the best rewards?”

Midna nodded knowing in who was thinking Link: the group of warriors who helped them in their fight with Ganon and the ‘Insect Princess’ Agitha.

“I guess its fine, I’ll check on the twins then” said Pinkie Pie as cheerful as always. “Coco-Loco ponies are also the most interesting ponies so you’ll be super fine!”

“I don’t want to hear that from you!” Protested Lyra.

But at the end the two of them just walked away without further happen while Link and Midna joined Lyra.

“Okay, let’s start with Bonnie’s shop!” Cheered the anthropologist.

Bon-Bon was behind the counter waiting for costumers when suddenly Lyra appeared.

“Again? Lyra, you know I love you but please don’t come here when I’m working” Said Bon-Bon sighing.

“I know, I know, but I thought you would like to meet my friends Link and Midna, you know, the ones who saved me from that Timberwolf. I was showing them Ponyville and decided to start by your store” explained Lyra moving to let pass the wolf and the thing who visited Ponyville last day. “And now that you’re here, want to buy a chocolate?”

Link looked at Midna.

“Why not? Would you like one, Midna? After all I know you had preferred to go with Rarity and Pinkie”

Midna shrugged.

“I guess so but I also like to spend time with you Link, it’s been a while since we were in an adventure together and I want to create as much memories as possible” explained the imp with a nostalgic tone. “And yes, I accept you a chocolate but only if you accept one from me too”

Link smiled and took a blue rupie from inside his saddlebag and gave it to Bon-Bon, same for Midna.

Bon-Bon looked at the two gems with a sweat-drop on her temple.

“You guys want to… buy my whole inventory?” Asked the chocolatier.

“No, we’re good with only a piece each one” said Midna. “I know it seems a lot in here but believe us, in our home this gems are just our usual currency”

“Yeah, blue ones aren’t as valuable as you think for us” smiled Link. “But hey, if it seems that much for you… I guess is your luck!”

Bon-Bon didn’t like to take advantage of others so she resisted to give them just a piece of chocolate until they showed her the content of their wallets so she could see by herself that the blue gem wasn’t actually much for them.
Still Bon-Bon gave them the fanciest she had.

“Cheers!” Said both visitors and ate their chocolates.

“Okay, okay, okay!” Said Lyra impatiently. “Now to the real reason we came!”

Link and Midna took a deep breath regaining their patience.

“Oh, I’m terribly sorry” quickly said Bon-Bon. “My wife is totally convinced you are some kind of creature who resembles a specie that DOESN’T exist and you magically took this forms to keep a low profile. The shock after the encounter with the Timberwolf had to make her hallucinate so please forgive her, sweet Celestia, she even convinced you to come all your way here to buy me something. You know what? The chocolates are on the house, I’ll return you the gems and…”

Midna stopped her gently.

“No, please keep it. Besides we are the ones who owe you an apology. You see…”

The imp took her dark crystal.

“Sorry about this, really”

“About what?”

“Taking part of your sanity” explained Midna with a smirk.

And of course Link and Midna took their true forms in front of Bon-Bon.
The cream-coated pony was astonished, trembling all over about to faint.

“What did I tell you Bonnie?” Asked Lyra excitedly. “See how I was right all this time?”

Link waved his hand shyly while Midna smiled condescendingly to Bon-Bon who seemed like she was about to faint at any second now. And to make things worse, Ei popped out of the Master Sword and bowed to Link.

“Master, I detect this pony-person is in shock. I highly recommend to spill some water on her face or slap her instead”

Lyra, who didn’t had any problems to understand Fi, nodded and went to the back store to get a glass of water and bring her back to life.

It worked perfectly.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”


Unaware of this, Epona was happily helping Applejack with the apple-bucking. They were exhausted after all the adventure-thing, but this helped Applejack to relax and the two of them were getting along fine.

“So, how many trees do we still have?” Asked Epona.

“A’ think A’m done with this one” said Applejack. “Now all A’ need is a nice homemade meal and ma’ bed to be ready for the next temple”

“That’s good” said Epona. “Link and I know all too well how important is to rest between temples”

Applejack nodded and headed to a flooded area on the field.

“Just one more chore” sighed the cowgirl: to get rid of the beavers but we’ll need Fluttershy’s help for that”

Epona raised an eyebrow but didn’t said anything and instead she took a look of the group of beavers building a dam on the distance.

“They remind me the monkeys Link had to deal with in Ordon Village, a total nuisance” said Epona with a small shrug.

“Eeyup” mumbled Big Mac approaching.

“Hey Big Bro, do you know how long they have been doing this?”

“Just for today but we need Fluttershy urgently” declared the stoic stallion.

They all stood in silence for a while when Epona began to look inside her saddlebag.

“Don’t worry, I have this!” Said the Ordon Mare showing a strange sphere to the siblings.

“What? Do ya’ also have an especial talent to communicate with animals?” Asked Applejack.

“No, I have my own methods” smirked the mare.

Big Mac looked at Applejack like asking, but she just shrugged. What did they had to lose anyway? And if it didn’t work, they could always go ask Fluttershy for help.

“Okay go ahead”

Epona winked an eye to them and walked to the unfriendly beavers that didn’t seem to be pleased to see her.

And while she was approaching to them, Fluttershy and Sweet Fog appeared from between the trees.

“Fluttershy! Just in time!” Greeted Applejack.

The shy Pegasus nodded.

“I was showing the town to Fog when we bumped into Apple Bloom who told us you have a problem with beavers”

“We have but Epona is taking care” explained Applejack.

Fluttershy then turned to Epona who was looking down to a beaver protesting angrily at her. That seemed odd, did Epona had an especial ability to communicate with animals since she was an animal back in her world?
But no, the mare just placed the weird-looking sphere in front of the beaver’s dam and began to run.

“Epona?”Asked Applejack.

Suddenly a huge explosion blew up the entire dam.

“What the…?”

“It’s called a Water-bomb” explained Epona. “I don’t think they would dare to build a dam here ever again”

“A WATER BOMB?” Shouted Big Mac.

Epona smiled confidently while the poor beavers recovered from the surprise and began to squeal in protest, but Epona limited to punch the leader’s head and the rest just retired.

“Epona, don’t you think it was a little extreme?” Mumbled Applejack.

“OF COURSE IT WAS!” Shouted Fluttershy flying to Epona to confront her with the infamous Stare. “THEY MEANT NO HARM! NOPONY HAVES THE RIGHT TO DO THAT TO THE ANIMALS, NOPONY!!”

Epona just stood there like nothing.

“Nice try, but I’ve seen Ganondorf to the eyes so this is nothing. Besides I only scared them a little so they never try to build a dam in Sweet Apple Acres again”

Fluttershy couldn’t believe it, who do the Hyrlue warriors believed they were? Not only they killed a pony (it was Sombra but still counts); but also they dared to do the animals such things.

By his way Big Mac was also angry with Epona, he liked Fluttershy very much and couldn’t stand seeing her this angry.
And then there was Applejack, who found Epona truly fascinating. Maybe a little too extreme from time to time, but this sense of adventure the hylian horse had was somehow intoxicating; oh an also knew how to handle the CMC. She really liked this new friend.

“A’ guess it was efficient but here in Equestria we negotiate, not use bombs”

“Whatever” said Epona shrugging.


The rest of the day was normal, Twilight got some herbal medicine from Zecora and they all passed the night quietly to recover forces before go to the next temple. Epona was staying with the Apples, Sweet Fog with Fluttershy; and once they managed to calm the poor Bon-Bon, Link and Midna stayed with her and Lyra.

“But we still have to locate the Temple we must go” said Epona during dinner with the Apple family. “Do you have any idea where to start searching?”

The orange mare began to think.

“Now that ya’ mention it…”

“No one goes near the forbidden field!” Suddenly shouted Granny Smith. “We closed it for a reason during my youth! Applejack, don’t ya’ and yer new friends dare to go there! As long as A’ live no one will put a hoof in those cursed lands!”

“Granny you don’t understand, it’s our only option!” said Applejack. “We lost our connection with the Tree of Harmony and that is our only hope!”

“Applejack, as the Apple family Matriarch A’ command you to…”

“Sorry, what do I lost?” Asked Epona.

Apple Bloom looked at her shyly.

“Ya’ see Miss Epona, there’s some field in the bottom of our land that according to Granny is full of dangerous unknown monsters; even scarier that the ones from the Everfree Forest. We’re too afraid to get close to it”

Epona nodded.

“Sounds like the Lost Woods” said Epona thoughtful. “But Miss Smith, you must understand, we’re talking about the fate of two Realms in here. I’ll watch for you granddaughter personally, I promise, but you must let us go”

“Epona…” said Applejack touched.

“ABSOLUTELY NOT! You have no idea what’s in there!”

“A’ think we have it now” said Applejack remembering the Temple of Magic.

“Ya’ don’t”

Big Mac looked at the two mares and after a quick nod, he took Apple Bloom upstairs so they could discuss peacefuly.

“Do ya’ have any idea what A’ was doing today?” Asked Applejack with anger.

“No. What?”

So they told her everything, since the appearance of Sombra and the little expedition to the deeps of the Temple of Magic. The story didn’t cause much of an effect on Granny Smith (like it or not she had to get used to Applejack’s adventures with her friends) but then she heard the monsters’ description and shivered.

“Those actually sound like the creatures who hide in the forbidden field…”

“Ah’ told ya’ A’ have an idea of what’s hiding there” said Applejack.

“Also me and my friends. As a matter of fact we’ve been fighting those creatures for a long while now so we’ll make sure nothing happens to your granddaughter or her friends. You have my word as Hyrule Warrior”

Granny Smith grinded her teeth forcing herself not to cry.

“So Miss Epona, do A’ really have yer word that nothing will happen to Applejack?”

“Of course!”

Granny Smith let escape a few tears but didn’t cried.

“Are ya’ absolutely sure this is the only way?”

“Yeah, why?” Asked Applejack.

“Because… because…”

“Granny!” Insisted Applejack.

“Because A’ lose ma’ son and his wife in there, THAT’S WHY! WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO YER’ PARENTS AJ?! THEY GOT INTO THE FORBIDDEN FIELD!”

“What?”

Applejack was shocked, was her granny really serious?

She was, she had never seen that expression of fear and lost in her eyes before. The usually brave cowgirl shivered.

“So… so…”

“A’ won’t lose ma’ grandchild the same way A’ lost them!” Shouted Granny Smith.

“We’ll protect them no matter what!” Assured Epona. “Your granddaughter is stronger than you think. As long as we stay together there’s nothing we can’t do. Believe us”

Author's Note:

A silly short chapter before the next temple, with a little touch of drama at the end. Now this fic is slightly inspired by Equestrian Epona by Shritistrang and will have a lot of Epona and AJ moments but nothing like his story.

Read ya’ later!!