• Published 24th Dec 2016
  • 3,097 Views, 31 Comments

In my Daughters Eyes - Fizzyberries302



Princess Luna has always longed for a child to call her own. It was her dream. If only there was a way wishes could come true...

  • ...
1
 31
 3,097

A message to the public

"Luna, someone's gonna notice sooner or later." Celestia said. Luna stared at her, then down to her belly. She was now three months pregnant and starting to show. The sisters were standing behind a red curtain that lead onto a balcony. Down below, crowds of ponies were patiently waiting for their princesses. They had all been called to the palace to hear some important news. Luna felt her bottom lip quiver.

"I'm scared Tia, what if the ponies get the wrong idea? I don't want to be hated for the rest of my life," she whimpered.

"Hey, hey, I'll be right here with you." Celestia said, wrapping her wing over her sister. Luna gave her a warm smile.

"Okay, I'm ready,"

Celestia smiled back and the sisters stepped out from behind the curtain and onto the balcony. Instantly, the crowd cheered as their Goddesses of Day and Night appeared for them. Celestia raised a hoof and the crowd was silenced. Celestia cleared her throat and spoke in the Canterlot Voice. "Citizens of Equestria! You have all been called here to hear of an exciting news. My sister, your Princess Luna, is going to be a mother."

Down below there was a mix of whispers and the occasional booing. Luna shrank back and felt a tear fall down her cheek, as the words of the ponies reached her ears.

"But she's not even married!"

"How has she become pregnant? Who's the father?!"

"Who ever the father is, he must have left in a hurry."

Celestia saw this and was immediately filled with rage. "SILENCE!" she snapped. The crowd intently stopped and coward under their sun goddesses glare. "How dare you judge her without hearing the story. I was just as shocked as you are when I found out, but that's no excuse to not be happy for her," Her expression softened when several ponies looked down in shame. Celestia turned to her sister and nodded. "You can tell them,"

Luna breathed in deeply and looked over the silenced crowd. "Well...what my sister says is true...I haven't told you the whole truth. See...on a full moon night, three months ago I made a wish on the North Star Polaris. For those who don't know, Polaris was the teacher of Starswirl the Bearded before he became the powerful wizard we know of today. Polaris now resides in the North Star, granting wishes to those of pure heart. I made a wish to become a mother and he heard my prayer. He gave me a fruit that grants the wishes and...well," she touched her belly. "My wish is coming true,"

Down below, the ponies stared at her open mouthed. "For many years I have had this dream, a dream that I could have a foal of my own. I spent many years watching mothers raise their foals. Tia had the privilege of raising me when our parents died," The ponies hung their heads, remembering their beloved King and Queen. "I've always wanted a foal of my own and I couldn't be happier knowing that I will bring my own baby into the world in a few months. I know what it means for my body, but I'm willing to cope with it if it means I'll get what I've always wanted."

Celestia stepped forward. "Thank you Luna," she turned to the crowd. "All we ask is that you all support myself and my sister in the hard months yet to come for her. All you mothers out there should understand what she's going through."

Down below, several mares nodded. Celestia smiled. "Thank you all for your understanding. You may go now."

The crowd slowly disappeared and the two sisters walked back indoors. Celestia wiped away the tears on her sisters face. "There there Lulu, that wasn't so bad." she cooed.

Luna shrugged. "I suppose, but how do I know that there's not the occasional pony who isn't as understanding? And suppose I do want a stallion in my life someday, would could want a mare who's a mother?"

Celestia gave her a solemn look. "I can't say that there aren't any ponies who would be like that, but they don't matter. Any stallion who doesn't want to be with you for who you are, then he's just a playcolt. Besides, we're the Princesses of Equestria, they have no choice but to listen to us."

Luna let out a chuckle. "You're right Tia-" she was cut off when she felt something stir in her belly and she let out a squeak. She smiled warmly at her sister. "The foal just kicked." she said, putting her sisters hoof to her belly. Celestia smiled back.


Celestia's hooves clopped along the marble floor as she carried a tray of hay, oats, pancakes and fruit juice to her sisters bed. Luna was now in her 10th month of pregnancy and was unable to leave her bed due to the massive bump. The night princess smiled and shifted into a sitting position, her back propped against a mountain of pillows. Using her magic, she levited the tray over to her lap. "Thanks Tia, gosh it's getting close and I'm nervous."

"I know Lulu, but promise me that you'll try and start walking once the baby arrives, you've been in that bed for weeks, with the exception of bathroom breaks." Celestia replied.

Luna took a sip of her juice. "You have no idea how badly I want to get out of this bed," she flinched slightly and looked at her loyal sister. "Tia, my back legs have gone numb again, could you?"

"Sure," Celestia said, pulling back the blanket, exposing her sisters legs. Celestia started stretching the muscles in her legs and massaging them. Luna sighed and continued to eat her breakfast. "Thank you Tia," she said. Luna levied the now empty tray onto the bedside table.

Celestia pulled the blanket over her sisters legs and walked over to the side. "So, what do you think it's gonna be, a girl or a boy?"

Luna smiled and rubbed her swollen stomach, from both the food and the babe within. "I don't know, but whatever it is, I'll love it just the same."

"Well you won't have long to wait, only one month to go and by the way, how do you feel about the birth, you know it's gonna be painful."

Luna bit her lip and rolled onto her side so she was facing her sister. "I'm a little nervous, if not scared about the whole thing, but...Ow!" she shrieked as a wave of pain hit her in the back. "It'll almost be a relief to be honest, this kids pushing into my shine again." Celestia made her way around the other side of the bed and massaged her sisters back. "Is that better?"

"Very much," Luna sighed.

"Lulu, I actually have a surprise for you." Celestia said.

Luna turned her head. "You do? What is it?"

Celestia gave her a smirk. "If I did, it wouldn't be a surprise. But if you want to see it, you have to get out of bed."

Luna rolled her eyes and groaned. She tried to stand up, but the weight of the foal proved to be too heavy for her small body. Celestia leaped over the bed and landed next to her, pulling Luna to her feet. The night princess wobbled for a bit but Celestia made sure she wasn't going to fall. She lifted one of her sisters arms around her shoulder and led her down the hallway.

"Where are you taking me?" Luna asked.

"Just a little further," Celestia said. "Okay stop," she said when they stopped in front of a white wooden door.

"For this next bit, close your eyes." Celestia said. Luna slid them shut and once Celestia made sure she wasn't peaked, she opened the door fully.

Celestia led her sister into the strange room and the door slammed shut. "Okay then, open," she piped.

Luna opened her eyes and gasped at the room. The walls were a creamy colour and the floor was marble. But the room seemed to be filled with foal things. There was a fluffy blue carpet in the centre of the room, with curtains of the same colour but with silver dots that looked like stars. There was a box of toys for the foal sitting in the corner and propped up against the wall was a silver blue cradle with white and blue blankets hanging off the edges. The cushion was blue with a star and moon pattern and the pillow was lacy and white. Hanging above the cradle was a mobile of diamonds cut to the shape of stars. Luna put a hoof to her mouth. "Is that?"

"Your old mobile, yes I figured that you didn't need it anymore, but I think Luna Junior would like it."

Luna touched the blankets in the cradle with her hoof. They were so soft. She felt a tear fall down her cheek. "Tia, did you do all this?"

Celestia nodded. "I knew you hadn't started a nursery yet, so I put one together for you, since that basically what I'm doing all the time, not that I'm complaining."

Luna chuckled and wiped away a stray tear. "Thank you Tia, this is beautiful," Luna wrapped her arms around her sister and hugged her. Celestia hugged her back. "I love it."

Celestia chuckled. "I knew you would like it, but I think your baby will love it."

Luna gazed up into her sisters violet eyes. "I love you Tia,"

"I love you too Lulu,"

Author's Note:

AWWWWW :heart::heart::heart: