• Published 21st Dec 2016
  • 321 Views, 1 Comments

vengeance at nightfall - NightSugar pone



what would happen if ywo royal mares chose to change the way Equestria sees monsters?

  • ...
 1
 321

chapter 8

Set in motion


After the night before Nightshade had sent messengers out to deliver the message of true unity to the rest of Equestria, and things were truly starting to finally change. She had asked Valour and Metamorph to go back to their kind and get ten of them for the first wave of change. They were kept on the border of Equestria still while Nightshade and Angel were going to explain everything to Canterlot exclusively, to make sure the high-class ponies knew to be nice to their future citizens.

She walked out onto the balcony and looked down at the crowd that had gathered in front of them, and she took a deep breath before addressing them
“Ponies of Canterlot, I'm sure that you've heard about the changes that are going to take place in Equestria and we are more than aware that you are the most stuck up out of anyone else we've met, so we'll only say this once.”
Nightshade took a step back

Angel stepped forward and looked down at them before saying
“Please have an air of some kindness about you, the only way this won't work is if you hate them before they even get a chance. If you fail to do this naturally come to us, we'll explain in detail why this change is important.”
The ponies seemed confused at first but carried on with their lives regardless, seeming unfazed enough to execute the second part of the plan.

Nightshade flew out to the changelings and Angel went to the vampire ponies and let them know that they could go where they please, and not surprisingly, most of the vampire ponies went to smaller more rural towns while the changelings went to big cities. For the first few weeks Nightshade and Angel were swarmed with complaints about the changes, and each time it was a complaint about the change in their workplaces due to the new arrival.

To which Nightshade would say
“If you can't handle giving love or blood to creatures who just need a chance than you don't understand what ‘unity’ and ‘diversity’ means”
Which usually resulted in those ponies reluctantly giving them a chance, and in more cases than ever they didn't mind the changes. The big advantage to having creatures like changelings and vampire ponies living and working in society was how hardworking and manageable they were; changelings had a wide knowledge of relationship experience and knowledge. While the older more seasoned vampire ponies were a wonder in sampling blood and defining blood types while being able to have more abundant meals. Slowly more and more changelings and vampire ponies were being brought into Equestria's big cities and Nightshade began planning out what other races would be able to join in true harmony next, and also when they should free Celestia and Luna.

While Nightshade was in her room examining the map of the other places more pony-like creatures lived there was a knock on her room door
“Come in!”
She said as she didn't look away from her map

“Um sis, Equestria is looking pretty good now, we hardly have any more complaints and I was wondering if mom and auntie Tia could come back,”
Angel said as she walked into her sister's room.

“I was thinking the same thing, let's do it now before night comes around,”
Nightshade said as she turned to her sister and smiled before walking out of her room
“I miss them just as much as you do.”
The two sisters walked deep into the castle to where they kept the crystal statues of Celestia and Luna, and they both stood in front of them as they began to reverse the spell. The crystals slowly turned back into their regular majestic forms and they soon looked like themselves again, and their eyes slowly opened.

“It worked, I told you it would work,”
Nightshade said as she almost instantly ran to Luna and hugged her, and reflectively Angel did as well

“We missed you so much mom, and we have a big surprise for you and auntie Tia,”
Before Luna could ask both Nightshade and Angel practically pulled the two Alicorns out of the depths of the castle and to a balcony that overlooked the city. The sight of changelings vampire ponies and regular ponies getting along made their jaws drop.

“How….how did you do this,”
Celestia said as she looked down at them

“Well auntie,”
Nightshade started
“It started off as a way to release the umbrum ponies, but after reading up on them we decided on a less dangerous plan,”

“We went to the changeling forest and the vamp pony horde first and made two allies, we're hoping to expand on our unity plan.”

“But why? Equestria has never had the need for such things before, and it couldn't have been easy to do,”
Luna said as she lowered her wings to her daughters in a motherly way

“It was hard, all the travelling and the stress of dealing with uptight ponies,”
Nightshade said.

“A lot of ponies had complaints as well for the first three weeks after we got back, but we made it work,”
The sound of hoof steps behind them got their attention and all of them turned around, and almost instantly the two princesses were surprised to see the changeling Prince and the second in command vampire pony standing there. They were both dressed in their kinds armour and bowed to the princesses, Nightshade and Angel walked over to them and stood at their sides and looked up at their mother and aunt with a proud expression.

“These two stallions were the first we had the chance to work with, and they are going to be our advisors, as well as the spokesmen for their kind,”
Nightshade said before Angel spoke up

“Their names are Valour,”
The scarred stallion bowed after his name was said and stood back up
“And Prince Metamorph,”
The Prince bowed as well and the two princesses looked at each other, seeming a little unsure.

Celestia looked at them and stepped closer
“Are you sure that you can handle all this responsibility? I mean, you will have to be coronated and publically announced as the ponies who handle affairs throughout the walks of life you've brought in,”
Nightshade and Angel just looked at each other before looking up at her.

“Auntie, we've been doing that job so far, I don't believe it will be that hard to accept the title now,”
Angel said as Nightshade nodded in agreement

“Then it's settled, you shall be coronated in time for the gala,”
Luna said as she stepped closer and smiled at her daughters
“I am very proud of you, both of you have shown just how strong you are, and I'm sure your father would have been proud as well.”
the two sisters smiled at their mother and tears rolled down their cheeks as they hugged each other again.

“Maybe we can get coronated at the gala instead,”
Nightshade as she sniffled slightly and wiped her eyes

“It would lighten the blow and we can celebrate our work on that day, with all the ponies we helped,”
Angel said and Luna just sighed.

“Fine, we'll celebrate your achievement and your ascension at the gala,”
Luna said and the group began discussion the plan for the gala as they walked back to the main hall.