• Published 21st Dec 2016
  • 321 Views, 1 Comments

vengeance at nightfall - NightSugar pone



what would happen if ywo royal mares chose to change the way Equestria sees monsters?

  • ...
 1
 321

chapter 24

rescue


Later on in the day, Nightshade had tried to reach Metamorph through his dreams, but most of her efforts proved fruitless and she gave up on trying. She laid down and rested her head on her hooves, quietly planning and waiting for something she could use to escape, but just as she began to fall asleep a tug on her chains woke her back up. When she looked around her eyes fell upon a green dragon a little bigger than a griffin, and instead of looking hateful, he looked more curious.

“your princess Nightshade right? I mean, the real Nightshade?”
She tilted her head to the side as she looked at him and adjusted her sitting position,

“yes,and you must be a fairly small adult dragon,”
She said and the dragon leaned in closer, making her move away from him.

“is there anyway I can be a part of the combined and unbiased decision making? I've heard so much about it and I'd be extremely helpful in protecting equestria,”
Nightshade rubbed one of her forelegs with a hoof, and looked away as her ears folded back.

“I don't know, it would require a lot of trust and red tape, and I can't be the only one who wants you to help with big decisions,”
She sighed and looked down
“and trapping me here might have just ruined your chances as well, and I'm really sorry for that as well,”
When she said this he sat up and looked around, and after a while he ran off, leaving Nightshade to her thoughts. But she never would have expected him to come back to her with keys, and he quickly began to unlock her chains. Before picking her up and flying off, and she welcomed the rescue wordlessly.

“where should we go?”
He said as he looked around frantically,

“canterlot, but when we get there, you need to explain the situation completely. I can do what I can to defend you, but after going missing so early in the morning they'd probably assume the worst,”
He nodded mid flight and kept focused on the sky ahead,

“I understand, but if you're an alicorn, why didn't you fight earlier?”
She shook her head and smiled.

“you really love your questions don't you? To give you the short answer, my magic flared up and I spent my time out of the castle to expel it, when I started to fly back I figured I was safe enough to be so weak, but then I you guys chased me and caught me.”
She said in a calm way,

“I'm really sorry, but we didn't think you would have left the castle to talk to a bunch of dragons anyways, and we just really wanted to have more land to raise our young,”
She looked down at the quickly moving scenery beneath her and folded her ears back.

“there is plenty of land for you guys now, and I can willingly give you guys a shot at living among us, as long as you don't try to eat anyone and help us understand you better,”
She lifted a hoof to his broad chest and smiled, as he took a moment to look down at her,
“but as I said, this is a group decision, and I'm only one vote against 6 others, so don't get your hopes up just yet,”
He smiled and kept flying as she curled up in his arms and fell asleep, hoping that her sudden arrival would help the dragon's case.