• Published 17th Dec 2016
  • 1,985 Views, 56 Comments

Two Eyes, One Heart - Tropical Applejack



Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash spend a day in a meadow, and some silly shenanigans lead into a storm. What happens shortly after makes Dash question her feelings toward her best friend.

  • ...
11
 56
 1,985

Chapter Seven - The Diary Visits

Remember; two pills before bed, one pill every two hours afterwards.
______________________________________________________________________________
Since I’ll be here awhile, I thought it’d be a good idea to have something to write my thoughts down on. I’m not really in the mood to read. I’m too worried about Pinkie… she’s in a coma, and it’s my fault.

Let’s be clear; I don’t want to die or anything. What kind of friend would I be then? No, what kind of MAREFRIEND would I be? It’s just that I’m… frustrated? With how I could’ve easily stopped this. If I’d just made a hole in the clouds or just brought us back to Ponyville, she’d be fine right now.

Well, Pinkie… when you read this, (because I’m going to make you eventually. You won’t die this easily.) I told you so. There’s a reason you and I are still alive, and it’s not just luck. You’ll see.

Oh, awesome. Friends are here!

______________________________________________________________________________

Dash set the notepad on the table, the pen resting on the paper.

“Howdy, Rainbow. Heh… ah heard Pinkie ain’t doin’ so good?” Applejack questioned.

“Well no, but she’s alive. That’s something,” Dash answered hopefully; then she looked around at the otherwise empty room. “Did the others go home?”

“Nope. Ah actually asked ‘em if ah could speak to y’all in private for a few minutes while they went to see Pinkie Pie.”

“What about?”

“About yer new relationship with Pinkie,” AJ said, closing the door, “Now ah understand if y’all are serious about it, and it seems like ya are, but both of ya need to know that not everypony will be so happy. Ah can’t say the girls won’t accept you… because they already have… but ah CAN say that this kinda thing is pretty frowned upon by some ponies. Some might even go as far to go out of their way to make yr lives a livin’ hell.”

“AJ…”

“Ah know what ah’m talkin’ about, Dash!” Applejack assured whilst looking around. The next statement came in a whisper. “Ah’ve seen it before.”

Rainbow Dash snorted. “YOU’RE a lesbia-”

“That’s not what ah’m saying,” the farm pony interrupted, blushing, “Ah’m just SAYIN’ that ah’ve seen it happen. That’s all, and ah want ya to be careful once y’all are up and about again.”

“Yeah, okay, AJ. Thanks for the heads-up… you’re a good friend,” Dash smiled.

“And y’all ain’t too bad yerself,” Applejack smiled back before backing up again to the door.

“Do me a favor, Applejack?

“Hm?”

“Tell the others I don’t want company. I’m tired, and I should get the rest so I can leave earlier.”

“Sure thing, partner,” Applejack nodded, backing out of the room and closing the door behind her. Rainbow Dash let her head fall and crash against the soft pillow below it shortly after taking a couple pills. Sleep came quickly.

* * *

I just woke up, and that medicine is definitely NOT non-drowsy like I was hoping for. I don’t even want to get up; I’m so drained.

Somepony must’ve came in last night, because there’s a vase of flowers on the table right next to me. It was probably Fluttershy. Or Rarity. Wait, there’s a note….

It was the fillies. The note says that they’ll be over later today since I was asleep last night. Good thing I have somepony besides my friends that’ll check up on me. I love this town.

______________________________________________________________________________

Well, Vinyl Scratch just stopped in to say hi. She congratulated me on my relationship and let me know that she could throw a couple of parties (She called them “raves,” but I’ve been to one before, and they’re just louder versions of your parties, Pinkie.) while we wait to see if you recover. I told her that the parties sounded awesome, but I also told her that she could shut it with the “if.” I know you, Pinkie; you’re gonna be fine.

...Right?

______________________________________________________________________________

Just like they said they would in their note, the CMC showed up like a bolt from the blue (just the opposite I guess, actually). They all told me that Pinkie was doing okay in terms of the fact that she was stable. I smiled when they said that. I don’t know why though. It’s like I didn’t actually think in my head that you’d make it.

Anyway, then they asked why I was in love with another mare (go figure), and I had to play teacher for the next ten minutes to tell them about sexuality, love, and all that jazz. It was pretty embarrassing to talk about with fillies so young… but maybe it helped me a bit. You never know.

It’s about 2:00 in the afternoon now. If I got here at 6 (which I think I did), I should be able to go home soon and relax while you finish recovering. I should take another pill.

______________________________________________________________________________

Now THAT knocked me out faster than anything ever has. And I’ve been knocked out a LOT while doing a bunch of crazy stunts. Doc’s the one that woke me. He says it’s time I get home and sleep the rest of my drowsiness off there. The guy also made an extra big point about the lack of any lasting effects of me, but he never said anything about you. Until proven otherwise, I’ll just assume you’re fine.

______________________________________________________________________________

I didn’t wanna cut the entries short just because I was leaving the hospital, so I asked Doctor Horse if I could take the pad and pen home with me. He said it was fine and that it could be “a kind courtesy.” Whatever that means.

So I’m home now, and the sun is setting pretty quickly. Maybe I should take his advice and sleep off the rest of the drugs. See ya tomorrow, dollface.

______________________________________________________________________________

It’s the next day, and I came to see you like I said (wrote?) I would. What you looked like, Pinkie… it’s gonna haunt me. You were a lot better looking than after you first got burnt, but it wasn’t by much. I mean, your coat and mane were closer to being the pink they were beforehoof and everything, but it wasn’t you without seeing you jumping around like a maniac or seeing your eyes shine. You looked like you were dead.

I know. I need to be strong or whatever… you’re not actually dead. There’s nothing I have to be upset about. I may not be in the hospital anymore, but I’m still counting the seconds.

______________________________________________________________________________

Fluttershy stopped by and gave me some pretty awesome news. You’re getting discharged tomorrow, and I’ll be ready at Sugarcube Corner to see you again. For REAL this time! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna sleep on it to make the hours go by faster.

______________________________________________________________________________

Soooooo yeah. Remember when I wrote that I didn’t want to die? I’m not so sure anymore.

______________________________________________________________________________

* * *