• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 1,324 Views, 39 Comments

Hearth's Warming - GoldenChaos



It's finally Hearth's Warming! What are Discord and Fluttershy up to?

  • ...
2
 39
 1,324

Chapter 4

Hearth's Warming Day 3~

It was the third day of Hearth's Warming! Discord was miserable. He had been looking forward to spending all twelve days with Fluttershy, but no, Twilight Sparkle needed him for a Yule Ball. Now, he stood at the door of the castle, having a staring contest with the purple alicorn.

"Why couldn't you have your friend Pinkie Pie help you?" asked Discord, a pout on his face.

"Oh, she's here, but Pinkie said that even this is too big of a party to put together alone," said Twilight. "And your chaotic magic can make things run more smoothly. Plus, I doubt you have anything to do for Hearth's Warming." Ouch. The 'princess of friendship' can say pretty cold things.

"Well, I happened to be having some happy times with my dear best friend, Fluttershy," said Discord.

Twilight blinked. "What were you doing at her cottage?"

"I was merely having a wonderful first Hearth's Warming," said Discord. "Which was interrupted by somepony." Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Right... So, the Yule Ball is going to be by the gazebo at Sweet Apple Acres... I want you to triple the size of the gazebo and..." Discord zoned out. He thought of Fluttershy. What was she doing? Was she with any other friends? Stallions? Discord's mind grew angry. Wait a second. Since when did he care about other stallions being around her? Fluttershy was his friend, and if she was interested in anypony else, he shouldn't care. But he did. He had to accept nopony would be interested in loving him, of all ponies. With his past, and his looks, there was no doubt all he could ever have are friends, or nothing.

"Discord!" shouted Twilight. Discord snapped back into reality.

"Y-Yes?" stammered Discord, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Did you hear anything I said?" asked Twilight.

"Nope," said Discord.

Twilight sighed, and rolled her eyes. "That's alright. I made a list just in case you were to forget, or zone out. Now, please, be good for Pinkie." Discord scoffed.

"Well, fine!" he teleported away, to the edge of Sweet Apple Acres. "Hello? Pinkie!"

'Hi Discord!" exclaimed Pinkie, appearing right in front of Discord's face. "Happy Hearth's Warming! Let's get this party started!" She pulled out a party cannon, and it exploded confetti everywhere.

"Uh.."

"Don't just stand there! Decorate!" Pinkie pulled out a bunch of items. Deflated blue, white, green, red, gold, and silver balloons sprawled around. Sparkling blue streamers lay in a pile. "Let's start with these." Discord opened the list, and saw the first step. Expand the gazebo. He did so, and it was larger than before, probably able to have twenty ponies in at a time for a lot of room to be left. Pinkie immediately started blowing up the balloons, and put them everywhere. Discord was bored. He could not follow this list!

"I have a pretty good idea how to make this perfect," said Discord. He had the image of Fluttershy in the snow yesterday, and knew exactly how to set this up.


Fluttershy was miserable. It was very lonely being alone on the third day of Hearth's Warming. All of her animals, even Angel, were either hibernating or spending time with their families. She really was happy for them, but she needed somepony to talk to and have fun.

Fluttershy had to admit it to herself. She was in love with Discord, and missed his company, even though he was only gone for a day. She only realized she loved him this Hearth's Warming. But surely, he would never feel the same about a wimpy pegasus like herself. As she thought, there was a knock on the door. Fluttershy's ears pricked up.

"Coming!" she called, and stood up, stretching. Could it be Discord? That question was ruled out as soon as she thought about it. No way Discord could be done with helping that fast, considering how nice and unchaotic it would have to be. Fluttershy walked over to the door, and Rainbow Dash and Soarin were there.

"Hey, Fluttershy!" exclaimed Rainbow. "Soarin and I stopped by to see if you want to come to lunch with us." Fluttershy smiled. She could enjoy the day with her best friend, and the new stallion.

"Alright, and hello Soarin, Rainbow told me much about you," said Fluttershy, giving a polite smile.

"Did she now?" asked Soarin, giving Rainbow a knowing glance. Rainbow gave him a small blush.

"We have something to tell you at lunch," said Rainbow.

"You two are dating," said Fluttershy, giving them a triumphant smile. Rainbow Dash nearly fainted, and Soarin's jaw hung low.

"H-How did you know?" asked Rainbow.

"It's kind of obvious, really," said Fluttershy. "The way you have been talking about him, no offense." They left it at that, and started flying to lunch, laughing as they spoke. Soon, they reached the nicest restaurant in the town.

"Wow, 'Bonnes Nuits'. Never knew you were romantic," said Fluttershy.

"Blame Soarin. He picked the place," said Rainbow, pointing her hoof at her coltfriend. Soarin playfully shoved her on the shoulder. Fluttershy sighed blissfully as she wondered if she could be like this with Discord one day. "Well, let's go in and eat!"


"Oh my Celestia!" exclaimed Twilight, her jaw hanging to the ground. "This... This is amazing!" Pinkie bounced where she was standing.

"Isn't it? Discord made the funnest party in Equestria!" said Pinkie, hopping about everywhere.

"And still elegant, and boring," huffed Discord. "Can I go now?" Twilight gave a small chuckle.

"You wouldn't want to keep Fluttershy waiting any longer," said Twilight, and she winked. Discord turned bright red as he realized Twilight knew of his feelings.

"Er, uh, yeah," said Discord. "Arrivederci!" He teleported away, to above Ponyville. He sighed, looking at all the merry couples. He wanted to be loved like that one day. He had one mare in mind. Discord had a small hope, with some signs that Fluttershy felt the same way he did about her. Then, a familiar giggle erupted in the nicest restaurant in town.

"What's Fluttershy doing here?" asked Discord. He looked in one of the windows of the restaurant, and his heart stopped cold. Fluttershy was sitting there, laughing with a baby blue colt with a dark blue mane. Discord recongnized him from one of Rainbow's posters. He didn't notice the rainbow tail vanishing into the restroom.

The stallion was named Soarin, one of the famous Wonderbolts. Discord growled. Fluttershy and Soarin, laughing together, in the nicest place to eat. This could only mean... Fluttershy was dating a stallion. Discord's eyes narrowed on the stallion. He was about to snap his talons, and make the stallion regret coming to lunch with his Fluttershy. But before he snapped, the stallion, he realized, made Fluttershy happy, by the laughter that sounded from her. Discord's gaze softened. Fluttershy was in love. Discord loved her, and he wanted her to be happy. And, she was happy with another stallion. Discord's face fell, as he realized he had lost her. Maybe she was waiting for him to be gone to spend time with Soarin.

Wait. If she truly cared about him, she would have told him of her care for this stallion. Yet, she did not. Fluttershy was not his true friend. He was going to confront her when she returned to the cottage. Discord snapped his talons, and he crossed his legs on the couch as he appeared, his angry gaze blankly staring ahead at nothing.


Fluttershy smiled at Rainbow and Soarin as she reached the door.
Was

"Bye, Fluttershy! It was nice to meet you," said Soarin, waving. He turned and gave Rainbow a peck on the cheek.

"Thanks for bringing me with you," said Fluttershy. She opened the door, and stepped inside.

"So, finally home," growled Discord. Fluttershy gasped and smiled as she saw him.

"Discord!" exclaimed Fluttershy, flying over top hug him. But, Discord's paw stopped her as he rested it on her chest, pushing her away roughly. She gasped. "D-Discord? W-What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" Discord chuckled. "What's wrong is that you had an affair with a stallion, and you didn't bother to tell me."

"An affair.." Fluttershy gasped as it clicked in her mind. "Oh no! I don't have-"

"Don't! Lie! To me," hissed Discord. Fluttershy recoiled in fear.

"Discord, listen to me," said Fluttershy.

"No! After the way you decided to hide things from me, I find no meaning of your words," said Discord. Fluttershy felt tears in the corners of her eyes. "True friends tell their friends if they have an affair."

"Discord, please..." whimpered Fluttershy.

"No, I'm leaving. Happy Hearth's Warming," said Discord, though the last words he spat out like acid. He raised his talons, until Fluttershy angrily grabbed his arm.

"You're not leaving," said Fluttershy, fire dancing in her eyes. "At least, not until you let me explain." Discord rolled his eyes, and lowered his arm.

"Whatever," said Discord. "Make this quick. Think I'll just see Celestia." He had stabbed a knife in Fluttershy's heart with those words. So, he was interested in the Princess of the Sun. Fluttershy understood, though her heart was broken.

"Well, I'm not dating Soarin," started Fluttershy, and Discord's mouth opened in a reply. But, Fluttershy didn't let him speak. "Soarin is dating Rainbow Dash. The couple had stopped by here to invite me to lunch."

"But I didn't see Rainbow," said Discord, folding his arms.

"You probably saw us when Rainbow went to use the restroom," said Fluttershy. "Now please, I only see Soarin as a friend, and he certainly isn't my type." Discord's face shone with guilt.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry, my dear," said Discord. "I probably ruined the day."

"No, you didn't," replied Fluttershy. "But please ask me before assuming something." Discord nodded.

"So, how about some hot chocolate?" asked Discord. Fluttershy nodded.