• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 907 Views, 2 Comments

Pinkie Pie: Saint of Manehattan - Thunder Chaser



Pinkie Pie becomes Manehattans masked vigilante and fights crime in the grittiest, most corrupt city

  • ...
 2
 907

Chapter 3

Pinkie awoke from her slumber drenched in sweat, vaguely remembering the violent night she had the night before. The blood, the sweat, the knives, the thugs, it all rang in her mind. She especially remembered slitting Muscle's throat, his blood splattering her suit in an intense cannon-like blast. She arose from her bed and looked out her window ponderously
"I cant believe I did that" she said horrified. She felt vague happiness at saving Derpys life but was still terrified at the possibility of being arrested
"Hey mom and dad, I get arrested for second degree murder!" does not look good in a letter sent to your parents.
Her pink glittery phone began to ring in the corner, breaking her concentration, she groggily sauntered over to the phone.
"Hello" she answered unexcitedly
"Hey Pinkie, this is Rainbow Dash" the voice said
"Rainbow Dash!, boy am I glad to see you!" Pinkie shouted into the phone
"I see you found out about that weirdo rescuing Derpy. Were going to Cafe Amore to celebrate, are you coming?"
"Of course, Pinkie loves to celebrate!"
Reeling from her ringing eardrums, Rainbow Dash simply said "Great...bye"
Glad that a fun day with her freinds was waiting at the Cafe Amore to distract her from her hazy memories of the previous night, she ran to get her purse, suddenly receiving a massive wave of pain throughout her body. The previous nights injuries were not so easy to "sleep off" as it seemed and suddenly she realized just how intense the previous night was before, the pain in her ribs bringing back a vivid memory of a thug slamming her into a column. She walked slower out of her building before hailing a carriage to take her to the Cafe Amore.

Her freinds sat at a table in the middle of the cafe, the rest of the mane 6, Derpy and Twilights husband Thunder Chaser. She smiled at them all and waved,clutching her arm in pain right afterward. The group waved back excitedly, Derpy looking a bit awkward, as though she got the same vibe from Pinky as Bloodmane the previous night.
"Hi guys!" Pinkie shouted happily, hugging Derpy with the force of a bear grabbing a fish, despite the pain throughout Pinkies body."
"Hey Pinkie!" the team shouted excitedly.
Over drinks and meals of varying fancieness the group of freinds discussed multitudes of things, but the main topic was the previous night.
"Il tell you what, whoever this BloodMane feller is, she sure did a good job cleaning up our streets and did more than we cops ever could." Police Commisioner Applejack said chuckling,shoving her apple fritters into her mouth.
"Applejack, shes a dangerous vigilante who broke the law,killed someoneand needs to be punished!"Mayor Twilight Sparkle said condescendingly to Applejack.
"She was just protecting herself and me, I see no harm in killing that monster. Plus she got me to quit running drugs for Trixies mob and join the Manehattan Postal Service!" Derpy said defensively, small dandelion seed pieces falling onto the table.
"Yeah Twilight, this city needs a crime fighter that is'nt tied down by a whole bunch of comitees and investigations and the mayors bureaucracy!" Applejack said derisveley at Mayor Twilight

A rather large political argument grabbed the twos attention long enough to distarct them from the overhead televisions news report about the mysterious vigilante.They didnt notice Rarity's horrified expression when she saw the news's surveillance footage of a Red Maned figure, her mane matching Pinkies that morning, exiting a bar with the suit that Rarity had made the previous week. Rarity simply said "Pinkie would you care to meet me outside, I need to talk to you about something."
"Okie-Dokie Lokie" Pinky replied happily, somehow unaware of Rarity's seething rage or making any connection between the
Rarity and viewing her suit on TV.
That walked out together and into a nearby alley.
Rarity pressed Pinky up against a nearby wally, covered in graffiti.
"How could you make me complicit in your crime!"slapping her once
"Im sorry"Pinkie said tearfully, heartbroken by the fact that she had made her freind so unhappy
"Sorry, you killed someone!, while wearing my suit. The police are looking for murder suspects! I could report you to the MPD!"
Pinkie burst into a sobbing fit at the thought of that, "Please no Rarity, im sorry I used your suit for my crime but I had to save Derpy, I was willing to kill for my friends. Do you know how many pony's id fight and kill to save your life?!"
Rarity's eyes watered a little bit at this heartwarming, yet surprisingly violent sentiment.
"Look Pinkie, im sorry I screamed at you and hit you, its just I like you too much and worry about your safety. I dont care about the clothes and your secret is safe with me. Please dont do this anymore though, I dont need my friend dying on me" she said smiling lightly at her friend. They both hugged each other deeply before making their way toward the door. Pinkie said "By the way Rarity, did you know your hooves look and feel like marshmallows?"
"Marshamallows, why I never!?" Rarity said looking at her hooves with a shocked expression as she trotted in.
The rest of the dinner went fairly normally. Applejack and Twilight had both apoligized to eachother for their enraged debate about Manehattan politics and the rest of the night was spent talking about Derpys career and the wonderful work that thw Wonderbolts were doing with Rainbow Dash. Everyone left, exchanged hugs and goodbyes and went about with their lives.

Two weeks later Applejack showed up at Pinkies rather unannounced. Pinkie was cleaning up her home after another rather messy party.
"Some party huh?" Applejack asked looking down at some broken beer bottles and various messiness.
"Oh yes, I invited you but your deputy said you were busy"Pinkie said, looking up from the floor
"Oh yes, triple homicide on the lower east end" Applejack said sighing, her shiny badge glinting in the sun against her darkly colored brown leather trench coat.
"Oh my gosh, thats awful." Pinkie said looking down at her clean up work sadly. Manehattan is such a sad town she thought. Ity was like Cranky Donkey Doodle built a city and this was it. She remebered singing her smile song at Central Park and noone singing along, before being told to "Shut the hell up!" by a tourist from Fillydephia.
"Look Sugarcubes, I know it was you who saved Derpy and I want you to know im not angry about it. You saved Derpy and you knocked out the boss of Trixies Loan Shark operations. Crime has gone down quite markedly in the area of assault thanks to you.Now Trixies gang cant extort a lollipop out of a filly!"
"Well thank you Applejack but how in Celestia did you find out!"
"I have my ways and honestly Rarity cant keep a secret for nothing we all know it except Twilight, because you know how she would react."Applejack said
Pinkie shuddered at the thought of her friend diapproving face, condemning her saving Derpy made Pinky shudder.
"Can you keep a secret" Applejack asked quietly
"Of course I can, Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a cupcake in my eye!" she shouted
"Pinkie, I dont think I approve of Twilight as our cities mayor." Applejack said guiltily
"Applejack how could you say that?! Hasnt Twilight gotten rid of alot of the corruption that you are so against.
"I know, I know Sugarcubes but all her 'crusade' has done has eliminated her own political enemies on the city council and made our job harder. Everyday, one of my partners is replaced because of bad cirvcumstantial evidence tying him to some small crime but you know what, the mob is still getting its money out and the bags of cocaine in the evidence room are still lighter than when they come in!" Applejack said, beginning to scream with rage before slamming her hoof onto a table, knocking over some stale cupcakes.
"Thats terrible Applejack, there nothing you care about more than the safety of this community, and with your honesty im sure your feelings are sincere" Pinkie said
"Look Sugarcubes, dont let nobody tell you what you did was wrong. You saved far more lives than you took. Ive put out the word to my police to make arresting you a last priority. Twi thinks were after you but really we like what you do and I plan on working with under wraps."
"Well thanks Applejack but I really dont think this is what I should do, I mean its not my role"
"Pinkie, you wiped out Trixies loanshark operation in one night. You were born to do this unlike any of the heads up their ass politicians or that 'Legal Vigilante" Thunderchaser and his shiny brass suit, what a joke."
"Ill consider it" Pinkie said smiling as Apple Jack walked out