• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 807 Views, 6 Comments

Sweetie Belle And The Nutcracker - DisneymlpZeldalover



On a magic Hearth's Warming Eve, Sweetie Belle gets a gift from her godmother, Celestia. It's a nutcracker who is on a journey to save the magic Land of Sweets and it's princess from Tirek! Can this duo save the kingdom with some help? Let's see!

  • ...
1
 6
 807

Not Everything's So Sweet

Sweetie Belle gulped as she looked around in the dark cave.


“It's really dark in here…” She coughed.


Button smiled and nodded. “Yeah. Don't worry, we'll be out soon.”


“So… do you think Tirek will go back for my toys?” The unicorn asked, saying one out of many things that bothered her at the time.


“Not as long as we're not there. Anypony we're near, we will put in danger, so it's best if we stay away from any of the kingdom’s ponies, if we stick together, we-”


Button stopped when he heard the sigh.


“What's wrong?”


Sweetie Belle looked up. “Oh, well… I thought when I went into a story, somepony would be my friend.”


The boy cocked his head. “Am I… not your friend?”


“Oh! No, no! I mean…. whenever I hear a story, a legend, or play a video game, I want to meet the characters. They’re the only friends I got.”


Button frowned. “What's a video game?”


Meanwhile, in a beautiful castle in the heart of the kingdom, Tirek was pretty worked up.


He paced back and forth while Discord sat ideally at the king’s throne.


“I don't get it!” He snarled. “How did that little filly get a locket?! I've never seen her before. Perhaps she was a servant with the boy? No, she wouldn't have been there-”


“Yes, she would've thrown another slipper at you!” Discord snorted.


The king’s eyes flashed with fury. “I told you to not to mention that ever again!”


“Well, excuse me!” Discord said, rolling his eyes.


Tirek paced back and forth once again when he stopped.


“Yes… I have a plan. Discord, make me someway to see the nutcracker and his little friend, I need to what they do, who they speak to-”


“I will, but only if I have my freedom, for a few minutes.” Discord said, holding his head up.


The king merely nodded.


“Of course. But, I don't know why you'd want to leave the castle!”


Discord rolled his eyes.


“Do it, and I'll let you have your freedom until… whenever I want you next.” The king yawned.


“You gotta-” Discord started.


“Ah! You said a few minutes! I can make it where you can't go at all.” Tirek snarled.


Discord sighed.


He snapped his claw and pool beside the throne rippled.


“There. Just tell the pool to show you where they are, it will. Happy?”


“Very. You may-”


Discord transported away.


The king smirked and went to his throne. He looked at the pool before turning to a diamond dog soldier.


“Find him. See where he goes and report back to me.”


The dog nodded and ran away.


The king looked back to the water. “Show me the nutcracker and the strange girl…”


The pool showed him as the children were very close to the end of the tunnel.

The foals had no idea Tirek was watching them.


“So, he wants to save a princess too?” Button asked.


“Uh huh. You two are a lot alike! But you don't wear green.” The girl laughed.


Button smiled, seeing her eyes sparkle.


“I wish I could try it...” He sighed.


Sweetie Belle nodded. “I think you'd like it. When we get home, I'll teach you!”


An uncomfortable silence filled the cave.


“If….we get home.” Button whispered.


Sweetie Belle nodded and tried to lighten the mood.




“I'm surprised I haven't got my cutie mark for that yet!” She laughed.


Button frowned. “You don't have your cutie mark?”


“No.” She sighed.


“But I have a good feeling I might soon! What's your cutie mark? It's something to do with swords, right?” The filly asked.


“I don't have my cutie mark either.”


“Oh. Well, at least we're bonding!” The filly chirped.


“So… How do you know Princess Luna? She must trust you very much… How did she meet you?” Button asked.


Sweetie Belle felt a pang of guilt. “We've never even met.”


“What? How? How did you…” Button narrowed his eyes. Perhaps this dream filly was all a trap for him! “Did you steal it?”


“What?! No!” Sweetie Belle gasped, touching the locket. “I just found it on me.”






“Hey, Sweetie Belle! Look!”


She did and saw a light up ahead.


“That's the way out!” She cried, running to it.


“Wait!” Button called after her.


The filly didn't hear him though and ran right to the light.


“See- Whoa!” She suddenly slipped and felt like she was going down a slide!


Button ran and cannonballed after her.


“This is pretty fun!” Sweetie Belle squealed, throwing her hooves up.


“Hold on!” Button cried.


He grabbed her hoof and shut his eyes. Sweetie Belle cocked her head when they suddenly raced fell the green grass of the Land of Sweets.


“Umf!” The filly gasped in the sudden impact.


Button stood and offered her his hoof.


“I told you to hold on.” He laughed


Sweetie Belle sniffed playfully as if offended but then opened her eyes.


“Wow…” She breathed.


Around her were trees of candy cane, gumdrop rocks, a gingerbread road, candy everywhere!


Sweetie Belle turned to Button and he smiled.


“You like it?”


“I do.” Sweetie Belle sighed, breaking a branch of a candy cane tree.


She licked it and smiled.


“Everything’s edible I hope?” She asked.


The Nutcracker nodded. “Everything from the ground to the cotton candy clouded sky!”


The filly giggled when she saw a little animal cracker bunny hop past.


“It’s like a dream come true!’


She looked around before gasping again.




In the distance, behind pink cotton candy clouds, was a beautiful, sparkling castle. It shone, embedded with diamonds.


“Is that where the princesses are?” She breathed.


“That’s where Tirek is too… Sweetie Belle, you must stay alert at all times. He could find either one of us very quickly.”


The filly nodded. “I will.”


“We should get going…”

“So, where are the other lockets?”


Tirek watched the filly and nutcracker smile at each other. They took hooves and started their walk to the castle.


Tirek smirked. The boy was going to tell him right where both they were headed and where the other lockets were.


“Yes, you will tell me exactly where her highness has hidden the other two lockets, little hero…” He whispered.


Button hesitated.


“What is wrong with him?! He has to say it now!” The king snarled.


“Um… It’s a surprise?” Button laughed.


“Ooh! I like surprises!” Sweetie Belle cried.


The king yelled in fury and splashed the water, the image of them fading.


“I will get those lockets and that princess will be mine!” Tirek yelled.


The door suddenly opened and two diamond dogs came in, escorting a mare with them. She was a bright pink pony with a cotton candy like mane and sparkling blue eyes. She wore a purple turban with a feather on it on her head and a purple scarf around her neck. Balancing on her head was a crystal ball. She had a sugary smile that looked so happy, it made Tirek want to gag.


“Well, well, hello, miss Pinkie Pie.”


“Hi, Tirek! How are you?!” The pony giggled.


The king frowned. How did she stay so happy? Then he remembered.


“We're free to go, aren't we?! That's why you brought me here, right?! Hey, where's Cheese?” The pony asked, bubbly as almost always.


“Wrong. I'm keeping you here forever, and do you know why?”


The mare’s happy mane deflated like a balloon.


“We're… not going?”


“Why do you think today would be any different than any other day?” The king laughed. “I'm never letting you or your precious Cheese Sandwich go! Ever!”


The mare wilted a bit.


“Oh… I thought today might be different…”


The king smiled darkly. “And why would that be?”


The pony gasped really loud and covered her mouth.


The crystal ball tumbled from her head and a diamond dog caught it before it could shatter.


“It was nothing!”


“Oh, Pinkie, it had to be something. We both know you and your crystal ball have a… unique gift.” Tirek said, his eyes flashing.


“N-no! I was wrong! I'm crazy! I'm out of my mind! I.. I really am!” The mare protested, not wanting to tell the king what she had seen that morning before he had left to hunt down the nutcracker.


“Don't underestimate yourself, my dear. Now,” He smiled. “Tell me what you saw or your beloved gets hurt.”


Pinkie let out a sigh. “Okay… but promise you won't hurt him!”


“I Pinkie promise.” The king said.


The mare narrowed her eyes. “You don't deserve the right to even make one.”


Her crystal ball landed with a thud in front of her.


“Okay, here we go…” She whispered.


She bent down and looked into the crystal ball. She came in a shivery voice, “I see in the orb of fate’s destiny….” She glanced up.


“What is it?” Tirek groaned.


“Would you believe me if I said I see you letting us go?”


“No.”


The mare sighed then went back to her ball. Suddenly, out of nowhere, her eyes turned pure white.


“Oh sweet Tirek, that's creepy!” A diamond dog gasped, jumping away.


“I see… The nutcracker coming back to the Land of Sweets….” In the ball, it showed an image of Button Mash coming alive from earlier that day, or in the giant world, that night.


“He and a young child with a pure heart will come…” A new scene flashed in front of him. It was Button holding Sweetie Belle up in the air, ballet dancing, them gazing into each other's eyes.


“They together alone will be your downfall with the lockets they possess…” The ball finally showed what he had been looking for. He saw himself withering in pain.


“They need-”


“I won't take anymore of this!” The king snapped.


Pinkie suddenly shook her head, her eyes reverting back to normal.


“Huh? What did I miss?!” She gasped.


“Take her away!” Tirek demanded.


“What?! I don't wanna go back to the dungeon, please!” The mare cried, pleading with him.


The diamond dogs grabbed her and started to pull her away.


“No! Let me go!” The pony yelled. She suddenly kicked the dogs away.


“Wahoo!” She giggled. The mare tried to run but found her feet magicked to the ground.


“What?!” She gasped.


A white unicorn stallion walked out from behind a pillar.


His magenta aura faded around her hooves.


The pony tried to run again but another pony scooped her up, holding her firmly.


The unicorn turned to the orange peguses pony. “Take her back to her cell, Flash.”


The stallion solemnly agreed. He tooked the kicking and screaming pony away but not before she shouted, “A horrible fate will fall on you! A horribleness you can't stop! My tail is twitching!”


The door slammed shut.


“Her tail? Why would it matter if her tail was twitching?” The blue-maned stallion whispered.


“None of your business, Captin Shining Armor. I must thank you for capturing another rebel.” Tirek yawned.


The stallion sighed. “You know I never want to.”


“Yes…” The king sighed. “Why are you here again?”


“Twilight, Cadance, and my daughter, tell me they're safe,” Shining whispered.


“As long as the soon to be queen wants them to be… They're fine.” Tirek growled.


“Let me see them, please! I need to tell them what I've done, but that I did it for them! I don't want them to think me as a monster…”


“Hm… No. I will do no such thing. You want to keep your family safe, you better shut your trap about them. Now go.”


Shining Armor let out a sigh. “Yes… My king.”


In a different part of the castle, at the highest point was a circler room with only one window. A mare looked out of it, craning her neck down to see the outside world. The mare was a purple alicorn with a dark blue mane with a pink and a purple streak going through it. She wore a light purple dress that seemed to have lost all its regalness. Princess Twilight Sparkle sighed, not seeing the pony she had been looking for.


“Nothing… Absolutely nothing…” She whispered, turning to the three other ponies. The pink alicorn, Cadance, who was cradling a baby alicorn looked up.


“I'm so sorry, Twilight. I'm sure Shining and Flash aren't in the dungeons. They probably escaped a long time ago.”


“Oh, you have no idea of the absolute irony you're using!” They heard.


They turned and saw Tirek smirking at them.


“Tirek!” Twilight growled.


The baby princess started to cry and Cadance frantically tried to shh her.


“Hello, my flowers, how are you this morning?” The king asked.


“Why would you care about our health?” Twilight asked, walking up to her niece and trying to comfort her as well.


“Oh, I don't but a certain white stallion was questioning it!”


The mares looked up in surprise and Flurry Heart, the baby, stopped sobbing, sensing the tension.


“Shining is… Okay?” Cadence whispered.


“Yes. And you'll be upset to know he's working for me. Capturing all those who defy their magnificent king!”


“You are not the ponies’ rightful ruler, Tirek.” Said a voice from a corner. A beautiful but sad looking alicorn stepped from the shadows.


She was light blue with her unflowing mane at her side, her magic gone, therefore not powering her once amazing mane.


“Ah, the silent princess finally speaks…” Tirek chuckled.


“Shining Armor can't be working for you! He just can't!”Cadence cried.


“Oh, but he is, princess as well as… I don't know the orange one that clings to his hooves is…”


Twilight gasped. “No… Not Flash too!”


Luna stepped in front of the younger alicorns. “I will not let you torture my nieces in this way! Get out.”


“All in time, my sweet, darling, Queen!” Tirek said in a sing-song voice.


“I'll never be your queen! My magic is hidden well. The ponies I trusted them with promised me they would never return it so long as you are on the throne.” Luna growled.


“Don't worry, my dear. You'll be free soon! Your little foal friend’s coming to rescue you!” Tirek said.


Luna started in surprise.


“W-what?! I told Button to keep it safe!” The princess cried.


“Children never listen, do they?”


The alicorn slumped to the floor, filled with despair again.


“Speaking of children, who is the little girl traveling with him?” Tirek asked, circling around her.


Luna looked up. “What little girl?”


“Don't play dumb with me, princess. She's about the boy's height, snow white fur, pink and purple curls, ring a Sweet Belle?” Tirek thought Luna would recognize the child, especially with the basic saying of her name.


“Tirek, why would this filly have anything to do with me being your queen?” Luna asked.


The king smirked.


“Oh, you’re too adorable! Tell me, did you really think I wouldn’t find her? Always optimistic, your highness! Really, why trust your locket to foals?”


Luna gasped. “She has one of my lockets?!”


“Now it’s getting annoying.” The king grumbled.


“Yes, little Sweetie Belle does have a locket, too bad for her! I know exactly where those brats are too! Oh, this is such an easy game!”


“Worst game I ever played.” Twilight snarled.


“Oh, shut up. I wasn’t talking to you.”


Cadence held her baby close. “You will be defeated!”


The king smirked. “With the power of love? Would it be made by you and your betraying boyfriend?”


“Leave him alone!”


Twilight nodded in agreement. “And Flash and my friends!”


Tirek laughed and held the princess’s chin up.


“Oh, little Twilight, I’ve put your precious friends to some use… Well… Two of them got away but the other two are safe and sound in this very castle!”


“What? W-who got away?” Twilight gasped.


“The athletic ones, months ago, no surprise… But Pinkie Pie in all her weirdness has told me what to expect, don’t worry about that.”


The princess pulled away. “And Fluttershy? Where’s she?”


The king smirked. “Why, I have her as a scullery maid, of course!” He turned to a diamond dog.


“Bring that worthless peguses in here.” He snapped.


The diamond dog chuckled nervously. “Oh… Er, we…. Can’t exactly find her?”


“WHAT?!”


A little bit away from the castle was a beautiful meadow filled with flowers. But the true beauty was what lay in it


Discord went into the meadow and saw animal crackers surrounding the most beautiful creature in the world.


It was a peguses with buttercream yellow fur and a rose pink mane that was very soft. She wore a light blue dress with pink ribbon accenting it, the same ribbon was a headband strung with flowers that held all but one gentle curl out of her face. Her teal eyes shone with laughter.


“Fluttershy! I have arrived!”


The mare gasped and turned.


“Oh! Discord! It’s only you…” Fluttershy whispered, putting down a bunny.


“Only me?” The creature cried.


The peguses blushed. “Sorry…”


“I’ll let it slide,” Discord yawned, then smiled. “For now.”


The two had decided to meet up at Fluttershy’s favorite place in the whole land, the Animal Cracker Meadow.


“What if Tirek catches you? Won’t he notice you’re gone?”


“Oh, no. The king and I… We made a deal, that’s all I want to say about it.”


The two embraced, good friends. Though, Discord wanted to be a bit more than that…


Discord smiled. He opened his eyes then felt his body go cold. He saw a diamond dog, watching them.


Fluttershy felt something was wrong and started to turn. Discord grabbed her quickly.


“I… I have to go. You better too. Get to the castle as quick as you can, okay?” He asked.


“But why? We just got here!” Fluttershy gasped/


“Fluttershy, dear, just…. Please! Get out of this meadow!”


“Discord…”


The creature pushed her away.


“I’ll see you at the castle, like we’re supposed to be!” He transported away.


Fluttershy cocked her head. “Goodness. I think maybe I should go…”


She turned to walk away when she gasped in horror.


“Going somewhere, pretty pony?” A diamond dog cackled.

Author's Note:

Yes, yes, this does have Fluttercord! I love Fluttercord! If you don’t like it, quit, but this is my preference! Yeah! FLUTTERCORD FOREVER! Also, there will be a lot more on Button and Sweetie Belle in the next chapter, seeing as they're the main protagonists. I needed Pinkie Pie in here and yes, the fortune teller idea came from The Nutcracker And The Chaos King, where did you think I got the idea for this whole fic? Pinkie is just so much fun! Also, no songs really inspired this one except maybe Clara And The Nutcracker a bit when Sweetie Belle and Button were going through the portal.:pinkiehappy: