• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 807 Views, 6 Comments

Sweetie Belle And The Nutcracker - DisneymlpZeldalover



On a magic Hearth's Warming Eve, Sweetie Belle gets a gift from her godmother, Celestia. It's a nutcracker who is on a journey to save the magic Land of Sweets and it's princess from Tirek! Can this duo save the kingdom with some help? Let's see!

  • ...
1
 6
 807

The Story is Real!

Author's Note:

Here we go! Tell me if you get my video game reference in the comments, I couldn’t hold it back. The songs that inspired this chapter was: March, Dance of The Grandfathers, and The Nutcracker Fights Off The Mouse King’s Army. Also, ButtonBelle is just plain adorable! :unsuresweetie:


Sweetie Belle jolted awake at the sound of the grandfather clock. She yawned softly then realized her nutcracker was missing.


“Oh no!” She whispered, looking under her pillow and under the sofa.


The girl then heard a noise and turned.


She saw a mouse hole but a mouse didn't come out. Instead, a tiny centaur, who would be massive if he was her size, and a creature she didn't recognize.


“W-who is that?” She asked softly, mostly to herself.


The filly slowly snuck to the other end of the sofa to see better.


“We've looked everywhere in the kingdom, my king. We could have saved a lot of time if-”


“Shut up, you fool.” The centaur with the black crown snarled, making the creature stop.


“Don't worry, I'll find him in a snap of my claw! That nutcracker has to be here.”


Sweetie Belle covered her mouth before she could gasp. Where was her nutcracker?! Was he safe? She knew he wouldn't be if these two found him.


Sweetie Belle dusted off her light pink nightgown with the white trim that she had changed into before falling asleep and looked around the room.


She then heard a grunt and turned.


The filly was face to face with that evil centaur!


“How did you get here so fast?!” She fell back in fright as he took out his sword the size of a pin.


“Who are you, little filly?” He asked.


Discord suddenly transported beside him. “Hm… She doesn't look too threatening, does she, my king.” He said dully.


Sweetie Belle finally found the courage to speak. “I-I'm way bigger than you.”


The king raised an eyebrow. “That you are. Now, I'm looking for a nutcracker, tell me where he is.”


The filly was slightly taken aback. “I...”


She narrowed her eyes. “I won't tell you.”


The king’s eyes burned with fury and even though he was quite small, Sweetie Belle felt quite afraid.


“Hey, Tirek! Over here!” Suddenly cried a voice.


The filly and creatures turned to see a small wooden colt, Button, with his sword out.


“You really are real….” Sweetie Belle breathed.


Tirek ignored her and smirked, jumping from the sofa.


The two drew their swords. Button flinched at the clang of metal that arose when he blocked Tirek’s sword.


Sweetie Belle felt her jaw drop. She knew it would be in vain to try and close it.


“I'll go round up the troops, my king, we'll get him for sure.” Discord yawned.


The filly shook out of her trance and watched him transport back to the mouse hole.


Sweetie Belle frowned. That couldn't be good!


The filly heard a cry and saw Button was backed up against the fire, about to burn!


“You're never gonna win, Tirek! The legends always say the brave hero rescues the princ-”


The boy’s sword was flung away.


“W-what?!” He gasped.


Sweetie Belle started in shock. This may be a dream, but she couldn't stand for her nutcracker to be hurt! She had promised! Gave her word! She got up and ran to them.


She glared down at Tirek. “Leave him alone!”


The giant filly gently kicked him but it was enough to knock his breath away.


Button looked gratefully at her.


“I'll be right back, Sweetie Belle!” Button cried.


He started the climb up the stairs to her bedroom.


Sweetie Belle breathed a sigh of relief. At least he was safe!


“You little brat!” Tirek snarled.


Sweetie Belle’s smile faded and she looked down.


“I was so close! So very close and you ruined it!” The king said, stomping to the little colt who was climbing.


The unicorn flinched. “W-well, the sugar plum princess should be free!”


The centaur snapped his head to Discord who had returned, but with no army.


“Oh, yeah, I thought we could take them on our own. I alone could.”


The king rolled his eyes.


“Discord, I don't like our little friend’s attitude, do something with her, she can't have an advantage being on his side.”


Discord muttered something under his breath. Sweetie Belle had remembered her godmother’s story. This creature, Discord, he had many chaos powers, she thought, he could have some fun with it.


Discord smiled mischievously at her though.


“Finally, I can have some fun with what he asks!” Discord chuckled. He snapped his claw and Sweetie Belle saw the world was getting bigger! She was getting smaller!


“W-what's going on?!” She gasped.


The filly cried out in fear when the shrinking was done, she was almost the size of her nutcracker, who was very small compared to Tirek.


She then saw the king about to grab the nutcracker.


Sweetie Belle gasped then pulled off one of her slippers. She rolled her eyes. “Why would I need shoes anyway?”


She chucked the slipper at Tirek who growled anger. “I hope you didn’t think that would stop me from chasing you…”


The filly gulped.


“S-somepony, help me!” She squealed.


Tireck laughed as she ran away.


“No nutcracker to protect you now!”


Sweetie Belle frantically looked around, she needed to hide!


The girl gasped as she saw the still beautiful tree, even more humongous now.


“My king, the nutcracker! He’s back!” Discord shouted after a few minutes, when Sweetie Belle been climbing.


The girl started to climb.

Sweetie Belle was so scared to look down, she didn’t.


The king wanted revenge on this little filly who had outsmarted him but turned to his real objective. Discord transported to him but Tireck waved him off.


“He’s mine.” He snarled.


Discord rolled his eyes then heard a grunt. He turned and saw the filly climbing still.


“She’s just a little filly, nothing too special-” Discord stopped when he saw a golden shine emit from her neck. He squinted until he used his magic to make binoculars.


“Put those away, slave!” Tireck snapped, battling the boy.


“You’ll thank me later.” Discord murmured, peering into them.


Just as he thought.


“My king! She has a locket!” He called to his king.


Tirek looked up and saw it


Sweetie Belle frowned slightly when she heard him chuckle. She backed away slowly but then saw a glimmer just in her sight. She held the heart shaped locket in her hooves.


“How did this get here?” She asked


The girl read the inscription.


“The sugarplum princess?! But that’s-”


“Impossible?” Tirek chuckled behind her. The filly squealed in fear and resumed climbing.


The king smirked and climbed after her.


"Lomg time, no see, hm, nutcracker?" Discord asked, battling Button.

"Let the princesses go! You know Tirek can't get you what you want!" Button cried, trying to shield himself by blocking Discord's sword.

Button gasped as it disappeared.

"What?!"

"I should have done that a while ago." Discord yawned.

He was about to finish the boy when another colt leaped out.

"Away, you foul beast!"


Sweetie Belle had soon made it to the top of the tree.


“Oh come on!” She cried, almost in tears. It was scary enough seeing all this, now, she was wrapped up in it!


“Well, well, nowhere left to run…,” Tirek said.


She whirled around. “Y-you! Don’t get near me or…”


The filly frowned. “Um…something bad will happen!”


Tirek rolled his eyes


“Don’t come any closer!”


Then, he swiped for her her locket but a jolt of electricity came from it.


The centaur gasped, “How did you do that?”


“I don’t know, but I’m not letting you have it!” Sweetie Belle huffed.


“Fine….then I’ll have to take you instead!” The king snarled


She cried out as he tried to grab her. She backed away but right off the branch she was on!


“Stupid girl!” The king yelled.


The filly’s screams suddenly stifled though and Tirek peered over the branch.


Sweetie Belle breathed hard then looked up at her savior.


The gray pegasus with a pale yellow mane grinned. “Sorry I'm late, little mistress!”


Sweetie Belle gasped.


“Derpy?! Y-you're alive!” She cried.


The pegasus flew her to the ground.


She landed gently.


“Mistress!” Two voices joined as one called.


The filly turned and was embraced by her other dolls, Pip and Dinky.


“Oh! This is… unbelievable and wonderful at the same time!” The girl cried, finally feeling all the love and care she had given her toys right back.


They all heard a yell and turned to Button battling Discord.


“Nutcracker!” Sweetie Belle cried. She tried to run to him but someone grabbed her curls.


Her friends gasped and Tirek chuckling, holding her up.


“Let me go! Let me go!” The filly growled, trying to kick away.


Button turned to her and saw the golden glow around her neck.


“Sweetie Belle! I’m coming!” He said. Discord suddenly pushed him down however.


Pip cried a war cry and took out his tiny sword.


“Leave my friend alone!” Pip snapped in his British accent. "I'll save him again, if need be!"


“Fine, if that’s what you really want!” Discord groaned.


So, he turned away from Button.


The boy nodded to Derpy who nodded back. Tirek didn't notice him and Derpy poked him with her pin like sword.


“You little brats!” Tirek growled, letting Sweetie Belle go. The filly ran away but Tirek pushed Derpy and her daughter aside, chasing after her!


Sweetie Belle gasped as Button grabbed her and pulled her behind her dollhouse.


“Are you okay?!” The boy asked.


The filly slowly nodded. “I-I think so…”


They suddenly heard the chuckle of king Tirek.


“Come out here, children!” Tirek laughed.


Sweetie Belle looked at Button. The boy couldn't help but notice how he sank into her sea green eyes, they were beautiful.


Her eyes shone but so did the locket around her neck.


He looked down at it and sighed. “I'm sorry.”


The girl cocked her head. “Why? You didn't do this.”


“I know, bu-”


“Let my daughter go!” They suddenly heard.


“Mom!” They heard Dinky cry.


The two peeked out to see Tirek holding Dinky above Derpy, Discord had put Pip in a jail cell.


“You know all too well I can steal magic from ponies, nutcracker! I can do it to these poor helpless toys too! I will do it unless you two come out and tell me not to… with your pretty lockets.”


“Don't do it, Button!” They heard Dinky cry.


“We're not worth it!” Derpy said.


“You mustn't, mistress!” Pip yelled.


Button turned back to Sweetie Belle.


“We can't leave them! They-”


Button shook his head. “Sweetie Belle, even if he does take their magic, I promise I'll defeat him and bring it back! Everypony will be okay.”


“Tick tock!” They heard Tirek laugh.


The children sighed softly.


Sweetie Belle clenched her eyes shut, tears streaming down her face as she heard the grunts and cries of pain her only true friends were making.


They heard a thump.


“Well. I thought you called yourself a hero, nutcracker!” They heard Tirek chuckle.


Button gritted his teeth, his face wet too.


“Oh well, now to finish them off!”


The children’s eyes widened in horror.


“No..” Sweetie Belle whispered.


“Wait!” Button yelled, knowing if he could break Tirek’s spells, it wouldn't bring them back.


The children ran from their hiding spot to find Tirek wasn't even close to destroying one of them. They saw their friends looked tired though, their eyes dulled.


“Children will buy anything.” The king laughed.


Sweetie Belle narrowed her eyes. “T-that isn't fair! You tricked us!”


“Good, the pretty little filly does have a brain. Now I'll take what's rightfully mine!”


The girl squealed as he lunged at her and grabbed her locket. It sent a bolt to protect itself though.


“What?!” Tirek gasped, looking up at the filly.


“Run, Sweetie Belle!” Button cried.


They split off in opposite directions.


“Discord, get the nutcracker! I'll get the girl!” The king snarled.


Sweetie Belle gasped and ran harder.


Button swerved away from Discord’s grasp and locked eyes with the filly across the room.


“Quick! Meet me in the center!” He yelled.


“What?! We'll be cornered!” Sweetie Belle protested.


“Trust me! I'm gonna keep you safe! I-I have to!”


Sweetie Belle cocked her head. What a weird thing to say.


But this was no time to think! The children ran as fast as they could but just as they were almost there, Tirek grabbed her by the fabric of her nightgown, lifting her up.


“Hey!” Button snarled as Discord grabbed him as well.


“What would you like to be done with them, sir?” Discord asked dully.


The children struggled.


“Let us go!” Sweetie Belle growled.


Discord snapped his claw and the kids were gagged.


“Much better,” Tirek said, glaring at the nutcracker.


The boy gave a sudden grin through the gag back.


The king cocked his head.


Suddenly, Pip leaped on him!


He dropped the girl who bolted away.


Dinky and Derpy butted Discord in the back, making him let Button go.


Sweetie Belle glanced back and saw her friends’ eyes still dull, magic stolen, but they kept trying.


The little colt was weak though and Tireck threw him off!


“Pip!” Sweetie Belle cried, running to her toy.


Being tin, he wasn't bruised but the filly saw he had dented in his leg.


“How dare you?!” Sweetie Belle snapped, looking at Tirek.


She didn't notice that her locket was glowing bright blue but Button did. He ran up to her and then his started glowing the same color.


“What-” The girl watched as a medium size ball of magic appeared before them.


“What?!” Tirek gasped.


“Well, that's new…” Discord whispered.


The magic hit Tirek straight in the face!


The children looked at each other with shock.


“I didn't know it would be that powerful…” Button whispered.


The king snarled with anger but he didn't try to get the foals’ lockets.


“Now go, before we do it again!” The boy cried.


“Retreat!” Tirek snapped to Discord.


The draconuqus looked like he was about to laugh. “I sure hope you don't that was impressive! Because I ca-”


His master gave a growl and Discord stopped boasting.


He took one last look at the foals and toys before transporting himself and Tirek away to the entrance of the mouse hole.


The two foals turned to them.


“I'll see you soon, I presume.” Tirek snarled to Button, not even questioning it.


“Very.” The boy growled.


The king glowing yellow eyes lingered in the shadows for a moment before fading away.


Sweetie Belle exhaled then looked back at her weak toys. Her weak, alive toys.


“Are you okay?” She sighed, looking at Pip.


“Fine, m’lady-” The tin soldier stumbled and fell, despite the help of Dinky and Derpy.


Button rushed to him.


The two though knowing each other for only a few hours, had formed a strong relationship.


“Hey, you gotta rest, okay?” Button asked when the boy tried to stand.


Pip slumped back down and sighed, “Aye.”


“You're gonna go back to your normal size, aren't you, Sweetie Belle?” Dinky asked, the fillies embracing.


The other unicorn realized that she hadn't thought about that, so wrapped up in the battle.


“I… I thought I would, bu-”


“You will. I'm going to go defeat Tirek, then his and Discord’s spells will be broken.” Button promised, taking out his sword.


Sweetie Belle cocked her head. “Y-you're leaving?”


“Of course, nopony else is gonna save the princess. I'll be told in the legends and I'll set the ponies free.”


“I'm coming with you then.” Sweetie Belle said, being a bit stubbron.


Button raised his eyebrows.


“It's really dangerous. I can't let you come and get hurt. I'm sorry.”


The filly huffed then touched the locket around her neck.


“I bear this necklace, meaning Princess Luna wanted me to protect it. I think that's proof enough that I should go.” Sweetie Belle grunted.


“But-”


“Button! Please!” The girl interrupted.


“I-I can't stay this small forever! My sister, my parents, my godmother! Everypony would be so worried I couldn't come home! And if you think I wouldn't be safe with you, without you, Tirek had me! He hurt my friends and stole their magic!” She cried.


“He's going to do that and worse to other ponies! Can we let that happen?!”


Button slowly shook his head. “You want me to say no, and I will… We can't. If you really want to go… Then let's go.”


Sweetie Belle sighed, but gave a weak, still happy, smile. It was real. The story was all real!


“I can't believe it… I'm going on an adventure!” The filly squealed, her sea green sparkling.


Button smiled. “It is dangerous to go alone.”


“I just hope I didn't make a mistake.” He sighed, looking down at his own golden locket that was shaped like a star. It shone back.


Sweetie Belle nudged him playfully. “Let's go!”


She levitated her own locket up to her eyes as they walked to the mouse hole. Reading the engraving, she smiled.


“Don't worry princesses, we're coming to help!”


“Come back soon!” Derpy called, waving.


“We'll stay here and help Pip! Oh! Save some sweets for me!” Dinky cried.


“Bye, mistress!” Pip yelled.


The foals smiled and waved goodbye.


“I'll get your powers back, I promise!” Sweetie Belle said.


She turned to Button.


“Ready?” Button asked.


“Ready as I'll ever be!” Sweetie Belle squeaked.


She took his hoof. He looked at her with surprise.


They both blushed.


“Awww!” Dinky cried.


Button laughed nervously.


“Er, let's get going!” The filly said.


Looking into the darkness, they went into the mouse hole.