• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 807 Views, 6 Comments

Sweetie Belle And The Nutcracker - DisneymlpZeldalover



On a magic Hearth's Warming Eve, Sweetie Belle gets a gift from her godmother, Celestia. It's a nutcracker who is on a journey to save the magic Land of Sweets and it's princess from Tirek! Can this duo save the kingdom with some help? Let's see!

  • ...
1
 6
 807

Sweetie Belle's Nutcracker

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! This is my holiday special! I will be still going on Snow Kingdom but I was so eager to start this! Songs from the ballet soundtrack that inspired this chapter was: Overture, Decorating and Lighting The Christmas Tree, and Drosselmeyer's Gifts.

Once upon a time, it was Hearth’s Warming Eve and it was one of the coldest nights. A lone alicorn walked through the snow however, her white fur blending in with it. Her red holiday dress swept across the weather. The only light was a faint glow from both her golden magic and sunrise-colored flowing mane.


The alicorn was Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria. She was off to a holiday party to spend time with a normal pony family who invited her because they knew she had no family, at least, they thought.


She had many particles held in her magic but one she had very close to her.


“Don't worry, my child… We'll be there soon…” She whispered


Meanwhile, a little unicorn tried to see through a keyhole.


She was a very pretty little thing for her age. She was a white unicorn with light pink and purple curls. She had jade green eyes that sparkled whenever she was happy. Many of the colts gapped at her at school which made her blush. She didn't have any friends sadly, despite her hopes. She was so pretty, such a talented singer, her family was very rich, and, oh yes, the
was coming to her family's hearth’s Warming party. Her name was Sweetie Belle.


She wore a beautiful mint green party dress that had white ribbon decorating the hem.


“Oh, where is the tree? I hope it comes out soon!” Sweetie Belle sighed, spreading her green party skirt around her.


The sound of a door opening was behind her.


“I need your honest opinion, how do I look?” Said a regal voice.


Sweetie Belle turned to see her older sister, Rarity, another white unicorn in a light blue evening gown with her purple curls put up. Her diamond earrings almost glimmered as much as her eyes.


“You look beautiful!” Her sister squeaked, hopping up.


“Thank you, darling.” Rarity sighed.


The unicorn suddenly frowned.


“Where's your hair band?”


The filly smiled sheepishly. “I took it out…”


“I can see that.” The older huffed, picking the green band from the ground with her magic.


She scooped up the girl’s curls and tied fancy bun in her mane. Sweetie Belle winced.


Suddenly, the door opened and their father, a white unicorn with blue eyes and a brown mane walked in. He was in a nice suit and top hat.


“Papa! Is it ready yet? Can we go in?” His youngest asked, running to him and nearly tripping over her dress.


Her father laughed. “Yes, it’s finally done.”


The filly ran past him and Rarity followed, laughing.


“Oh wow!” The young girl gasped in the parlor, twirling around to see everything. There was so much color and light! A tree was decorated with colorful ornaments and candles. Twinkling lights and tinsel also lined the branches.


The filly then turned to the huge, sparkling tree and gasped.


“The star!” The girl examined, running to fetch it. She was about to lift herself in the air to place it on top when there was a knock at the door.


The sisters ran to it and their godmother, princess Celestia, entered.


“Aunt Celestia, you're here!” Sweetie Belle cried, hugging her.


Celestia took off a red cape that matched her gown and nuzzled her back. “Why of course, little Sweetie Belle. Happy Hearth’s Warming everypony!”


The other members came up and Celestia put down the presents wrapped in silver wrapping. Sweetie Belle looked at them.


“Oh! Presents! Can we open them now?” She asked, still a little filly and loving gifts.


“Sweetie Belle!” Rarity gasped.


“It's quite alright. We should get settled first though, hm?” Celestia asked, giving a wink.


The two sat on the sofa while Rarity watched behind Sweetie Belle’s shoulder. The younger held a slightly bigger package and Rarity unwrapped her own.


“Oh, godmother, it's lovely!” Rarity sighed, putting on her new glittering diamond necklace that matched her earrings.


Sweetie Belle smiled then turned back to her own gift.


She gently peeled off the paper and gasped in wonder.


“Oh…” The girl breathed, taking out a wooden colt. He had a brown coat and reddish hair. He was wearing a red suit with golden buttons, black tights, and a golden chain around his neck. He had a lever in his back that moved his mouth.


“He's such a handsome doll…” The filly whispered. Then she blushed.


“I-I mean…”


“He's a nutcracker, Sweetie Belle, not a doll.” Rarity laughed.


“Watch this,” Her godmother whispered, grabbing a nut and placing it in the colt’s mouth. She pulled the lever on his back. The filly gasped as the cracked nut landed in her hoof. She ate it and smiled.


“He's amazing!” Sweetie Belle giggled.


“I thought you would like it!” Celestia laughed.


The filly hugged her precious gift close and got from the sofa.


Sweetie Belle danced with her nutcracker, twirling around with her green skirt flowing around her.


Rarity gasped and ran to her sister.


“What do you think you're doing?!” She cried, wrestling the nutcracker away with her magic.


“Hey! We're just dancing!” Her sister squeaked, trying to get her gift back.


“Sweetie! Careful! It’s a decoration, not a doll!” Rarity groaned.


“He’s not a decoration! He’s a soldier!” Her sister replied, trying to get her gift back.


The sisters tugged on it.


“Stop!”


“He’s not a plaything!”


“But he's not yours, Rarity! He's mine!”


“Give him!”


“No, no, no!”


At that second there was a terrible crack and Sweetie Belle tumbled back with only the colt’s body.


The girl saw what happened and gasped.


“His head! Where's my nutcracker’s head?!” She screeched.


Rarity hesitantly put the wooden soldier’s head on the ground


Sweetie Belle gasped and picked it up.


“You always ruin everything! You always do these things!” She sobbed to her sister who was brushing off her skirt.


“I'm so sorry, Sweetie… Oh! My dress is all wrinkled!” Rarity sighed


“I don't care about your silly dress!” Sweetie Belle snapped. “Thanks to you, my nutcracker's broken!”




“Well, if you weren't so careless-”




“And you weren't so bossy-”




“Girls! Please!” Celestia boomed, making them both jump.




They turned and Sweetie Belle ran up to her with her broken doll.




“We can't go a day without fighting, can we?” Rarity whispered.




Sweetie Belle shook her head.




“You're sisters, my dears. You may fight but you still love each other. You must solve every conflict quickly, before into turns into a massive problem.” Celestia sighed.




She used her magic to lift up the nutcracker and put on his head. She moved it gently then gave it back.




Sweetie Belle nodded to her godmother’s previous statement. Rarity walked up and gently took out Sweetie Belle’s hairband, knowing the bun hurt. She tied it around the nutcracker’s neck to make it safe. Sweetie Belle sighed in relief and shook out her curls.




“See? I wish I could see
sister again…”




The girls looked at her with wonder.




“You have a sister, aunt Celestia?” Rarity asked, sitting down.




“Yes… But she lives quite far away….” Celestia sighed.




She then smiled, almost showing her emotions.




“Well then, there is a story behind this nutcracker, would you like to hear it?” She asked.




Rarity smiled. “The party will be starting soon. Perhaps a story afterward?” She asked.




Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes.




“And… You're sure we have to?”




“Sweetie.” Rarity growled.




Sweetie Belle gave her most forced smile and got from the couch.


Celestia later greeted the guests to the party whom most had come just to see her royal highness when she noticed Sweetie Belle hugging her nutcracker close, sitting all alone in a corner.




“Please excuse me?” Celestia asked gently to a guest.




The princess walked up to her small goddaughter. “Hello, my dear.”




The girl gave a sweet smile. “Oh! Hello, aunt Celestia!”




The alicorn sat down next to her.




She looked around.




“Not to press you, but why are you all alone?”




The filly blushed. “I don't have any friends… and…. oh! I wish I could dance!”




“And who's stopping you?”




“I can't dance well. I don't know any steps.” The unicorn huffed.




“One of my nieces had… rather awkward dancing herself, you know.




“Is she your real niece? Is she here? Where? I want to meet her!”




“She is, in a way, my real niece.” Celestia laughed. “Sadly, she, my other niece, and my other niece’s daughter couldn't make it tonight.”




“Aw… Oh! There's Rarity!” The filly squealed.




She leaped up with her nutcracker when Celestia stopped her.




“My dear, may I see your nutcracker? He must be kept safe and sound or…” The princess bit her lip.




“Or what?” Sweetie Belle whispered, hugging the nutcracker and sitting back down.




“I-It has something to do with… I have to go, I beg your pardon.” Celestia whispered suddenly and got up.




She ran out of the ballroom.




“Aunt Celestia!” Sweetie Belle cried, not knowing what was wrong.




The filly rushed after her.


Celestia looked up seeing Sweetie Belle come in the sitting room.




“A-aunt Celestia! D-did I do something wrong?!” Sweetie Belle huffed, cheeks pink from her run.




“No…” Celestia sighed. “Sweetie Belle, would you like to hear your nutcracker's story now?” She asked, her violet eyes gleaming mystery.




Sweetie Belle looked at her nutcracker and nodded eagerly.




“Oh, yes! I'd love to hear it!” She whispered, getting on the couch and scooting closer.




“Well… Once, that nutcracker was a living, breathing child, just like you. He lived in a place called The Land of Sweets.” She said.




“Wow… What was his name?” Her goddaughter asked.




“Button Mash, that was his name. You see, The Land of Sweets was ruled by four beautiful princesses, the eldest was named Luna. She was the Sugarplum princess, with it had the strongest magic in the kingdom, stronger than the other three. She could go into dreams and was good friends with all the children of the kingdom, especially a young servant boy, Button, your nutcracker.”




“They got along quite nicely. Luna made the children's dreams pleasant and rose the sun and moon every day and night, the second alicorn spread love wherever she went, the third was friends with everypony, and I mean everypony! And the forth, well, she was only a baby.”




“The alicorns lived together in happiness but an era of peace that had always been… Had to shatter.”




“An evil centaur named Tirek came. He could steal everypony’s magic away and take over very quickly…”




“What happened?” Sweetie Belle breathed.




“Tirek attempted to make a deal with the princesses. He knew of Luna’s powers and knew if he had her magic, he could rule the kingdom with nopony ever trying to stop him. However, Luna had placed a spell on herself and the other sugar plum princesses so their magic could never be stolen. Tirek decided to do an even worse deed. He told the rulers he could steal all the magic from her kingdom and he had hired an assistant, Discord, who could turn their world into a chaotic land….”



“What was the other option?” Sweetie Belle gasped, not understanding how somepony could do something that awful.



“Either that or he would force Luna to marry him, making him king and would make it so Luna would never try to disobey him or he would hurt her people and the other alicorns. Luna had a choice to make”



“No! She wouldn’t!”



“She had to though, for her kingdom.Button heard this from behind the door and sprang out, pointing his sword at Tirek. He told the beast he would never let the princess, any one of them, marry somepony as cruel as him.”




“The centaur laughed though and made his servant, Discord, the one I mentioned earlier turn him to wood, send him to a different world, and captured the princesses. But before he could force her to do the unthinkable, Luna ridded herself of her magic, putting it in four lockets which were given to four ponies she trusted. The centaur, furious with her demanded she give up the locations but she did not. The other princesses tried to do the same but Tirek now knew. He stole their magic too.”




“No way!” Sweetie Belle cried.




Celestia nodded and continued.




“Without her magic, the princess seemed useless to Tirek who had named himself king, however, he told her that once he found the lockets and her magic was returned, he promised her he would make her his queen and keep the other princesses no matter how long it would take and no matter what a certain colt tried to do.”




Sweetie Belle trembled slightly and hugged her nutcracker close.




“Sweetie Belle, my dear, I need you to promise me something,” Celestia said, taking her hooves.




“Anything.” The unicorn whispered.




“Promise me to protect this nutcracker with your life. King Tirek is still looking for Button. After seeing his courage, knowing he's a threat, he'll stop at nothing to destroy him.” Her Godmother said softly.




Seeing the urgency in her violet eyes, Sweetie Belle knew she took it very seriously.




“Yes, godmother. I promise.”




She then squealed in hope. “I wish I could go on an adventure and help! The Land of Sweets sounds delightful!”




Sweetie Belle smiled sweetly to her godmother and leaped from the sofa. “I'll go take Button to my room!”


Later, Sweetie Belle was playing with her toys including Pip, a toy soldier, Derpy, one of Rarity’s old dolls, and Dinky, who Sweetie Belle pretended was Derpy’s daughter.




She didn't notice Celestia peeking in.




“Don't worry, Button! We'll help you get the princess’s lockets!” Sweetie Belle cried, making a voice for Pip.




“Absolutely!” Derpy giggled, Sweetie Belle pretending.




The girl turned to her nutcracker and then saw something she didn't expect. Button’s eye seemed to have a twinkle to reply to her.




Sweetie Belle rubbed her eyes and cocked her head.




“She's the one, little Button… She has to be….” Celestia whispered, silently closing the door.


Sweetie Belle took her nutcracker everywhere that night. If the story really was true, Tirek could appear at any time. Of course, real magic that could transport things to other worlds only happens at Hearth’s Warming Eve, at midnight.



And it so happened at ten minutes till midnight, Sweetie Belle had collapsed on the sofa, being so worn out.




Fast asleep, she didn't notice Celestia and Rarity watching her.




“We should get her into bed, shouldn't we, godmother?” Rarity whispered, covering her sister with a soft blanket.




Celestia laughed softly. “And disturb her dreams? I should think not…”




Rarity smiled and gave her a hug. “Good night, godmother.”




“Good night, my dear.” Celestia sighed, hearing the door shut behind her.




The alicorn looked at the young girl on the sofa and walked up. She used her magic to make a thin gold locket that was heart shaped. She tenderly put it around the filly’s neck.




“My sweet goddaughter… I hope you find what you're searching for…” The alicorn murmured.




She turned to the nutcracker in her arms.



“Don't let him win, my child, I'm begging you. Don't let him take any more ponies so dear to my heart…” She whispered, brushing back the girl’s curls.




Celestia trotted away just as the clock struck midnight.