• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 865 Views, 7 Comments

Pontera, Far Beyond Herded Tour - TDR



The misadventures of a pair of Ponies in a rock band as they tour Equestria.

  • ...
12
 7
 865

UnholyDiver

Pontera
Far Beyond Herded Tour
By TDR



Unholy Diver

He flipped the magazine open and sighed ignoring the images of the scantily clad mares in rather provocative postions flipping through the mag to the article that he purchased the thing for. Yes for once some pony bought a dirty mag for the articles. More specifically the first interview that the band was asked to make.

He scanned it briefly skipping over the description of the band knowing that by heart any way. His ear twitched in annoyance seeing they spelled his name wrong though he read on, noting the image of his brother and the short interview under it.
He shuddered to think of what he said though he read on.


============================================================================


>Exert from an interview with Bloodmoon in June 2012 issue of Playcolt magazine.<

Interview by Ms. Ivy Rose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



IR: Good afternoon Mr. Blood Moon thank you again for agreeing to this interview.

BM: Ain't a thing babe. Thought at first this was Playfilly though, was spectin tah be the main page spread and all.

IR: I am sure they might call you at some point.

BM: S'no thing. Hard tah schedule time fer mucha anything on tour. We got a break though so i figured I'd pop in fer this. Give my bro a chance tah catch up on'is sleep, playing all those instruments takes a lot outa him.

IR: I see, he does play quite a few things with his magic but you seem to prefer using your wings for playing is there a reason for this?

BM: Always a reason for things, I prefer actual contact wid what i am playing easier to focus on dhat and singin' sides last time I tried tah play anything wid my magic it exploded. Bro's got a better control of his spells than i do, but he can't sing fer crap.

IR: I see, So you two are actual brothers? Where are you from?

BM: Yeah we are, ain't twins or anything like that,same dah, different moms and all, old story, dad was a right prick. We grew up a coupla differentplaces, swhy the accents aare different. He spent the formultive years overseas I spent mine in tah deep south, lot more accents down there get all mixed into a bit melting pot of tha big easy.

IR: So what brought about the creation of Pontera?

BM: Well tha pair of us grew up in tha era of short sweet and sappy music, love ballad's opera, classical. Ain't nothing wrong with um but there’sno real way to actively enjoy tthem. Usually yah sit on yer duff and just listen , aan occasionally move round a ballroom pretending ah dance. So when a coupla othder bands started making this fast paced noise it caught our interest. Death Colt fer Cutie markP2, Tha Parasprites, all good groups that set up a foundation that, hey music dun gotta be quiet. The two of us figured that we had the training to play stuff, we should toss our horse shoes into the field.

IR: I understand that you two did a few things before finally forming Pontera?

BM: Nothing worth talkin about, We tried tah get a coupla my songs done and no pony'd even give um a listen, not PCA, not Phillips, Deca or Pony. Bugged tha crap outta us. So we reworked our selves and tried soma the independents. Got picked up by Black Shuck records. Rest as they say is history in tha making.

IR: It's only recently you two have made it big enough to start becoming a widely known name. Though the rumors are flying about regarding a few things.

BM: Oh well if yah must know The one about mah fifth leg, dat ones true An if yer interested ah ken show yah later........

IR: Um no, not that one though that does lead into the question of the promiscuity of your group. mare in every city and all that.

BM: Ahh dat one is slightly true. Dhing wid dhat is dhey all willing and know we ain't looking fer any sorta long term nothing, one night stands, or two depending on how long we're in dhe town. Though my bro gets more babes, seems they like tha bright colors hes got going on, granted i get by enough with tha more gothy babes.

IR: A little more info than I wanted.

BM: Dhen why'd yah ask?

IR: Any way. One of the more prominent rumors is that the pair of you are not actually alicorns and this is all just some sort of show effect.

BM: OK, I heard dis one too. Alright Now I know dis a interview in a mag, but you seen me fly in here and I take off on stage a lot too, bro don't fly much though that's do some traumae had as a colt and ah ain't bringing dhat up widh out him here ta give me tha go ahead. Now yah see i got dah wings and dah horn yah think its fake go ahead and touch it go on, Ah dun care.

IR: Umm alright..

BM: See now that's stuck good in me head there go ahead tug on it it dun com off.

IR: I guess not....

BM: oo dats it how bout yah give it a lick there too while yer at it

IR: GAH what!

BM: BWAHAHAHHA , just playing yah there, though as yah ken tell that horns as real as yer tail dhere.

IR: Ummm

BM: What got exstenions? Well crap OK bad example dhen. Can't even tell you got a good doc ah guess. Any way you know ah'm real now and honestly does it even matter? We could be earth ponies or zebras or buck even a collective mass of hyper intelligent hive minded parasprites and if deh musics good why should any pony give a buck?

IR: I suppose you are correct in that. Last question.

BM: Shoot.

IR: has there been any show you two have avoided or turned down?

BM: Figured dhat would git out. Yeah we recently turned down somthin big cause we didn't think we were ready for it yet. Canterlot's got that annual Grand Galloping Gala. They wanted us to play on the third stage. Got some DJ running a on the main and some slow music band on the secondary.

We declined cause dhat sort of event is a make or break situation. We bomb before nobles, games over we're screwed. We wind up a hit though, our tickets writ. Problem was we're still workin dah bugs out of what we do. Still some errors ,still some flaws, still no defined sound. Its like bringing a half baked pie to a contest, it might still be good or it might be disgusting depending on deh tastes of dah judges. before we do something like dhat we want to be set with what we do.

IR: I see, Well Mr. Blood Moon thank you for your time and agreeing to this interview.

BM: No sweat doll, Always nice tah clear up some stuff fer tha fans, though i will say if yah wanna find out about some oh the other rumors ah'm more than happy tah show yah if yer free later.....


==============================================


Nico closes the mag sighing an looking over at his brother as he tunes the Powder Blue guitar he had named the Lady Macbeth. His brother was still in his stage costume. He was a black unicorn with dark blue and Purple hair that waved and fluttered not unlike Princess Luna's hair when she was Nightmare Moon. In fact that was what his costume was based on right down to the crescent moon on his flank that was a crimson red and dripped as if it was bleeding. The dark Alicorn shifted his wings dragging a pick across the unplugged guitar humming something to himself and jotting it down in a notebook on the couch next to him.

“Ah don't thinks you shoulds has done that interviews bro.”

The black coated stallion looks up at his brother teal eyes blinking as he regarded the stallion on the other side of the room, and the copy of PlayColt he was floating before him with his magic. Nico was also in his stage costume as they were to go on in little under an hour.

The magazine reading alicon was pure white with a dark orange cutie mark much like Celestia's though a light purple six pointed star was in the middle of it and it seemed to be drawing in the orange of the sun . His long hair fluttered like the Princesses as well with a mix of bright yellow, orange purple and deep pink. His violet eyes narrow at the scrutiny his brother was giving him.

“It'll be fine bro, not like ah lied bout anythin ah said.”

“This does nots makes it right, thats coulds very well be some bads press.”

“Ain't a thing. Any press is good press. So long as the name is known we are golden.”
“So longs as the names is knowns and no ponys bothers to checks on the truths.”

“Like ah told that mare, does it matter so long as dhe musics good? Come on Time tah start tha show.”


===================================================================


The two rise heading out the door the rhythmic chanting of the crowd gathered outside was heard even back this far. The first leg of this tour had them playing for several nights in the Stable of Blues in Haygas. Not the best venue, but it had sold out almost immediately and as such they had extended the tour here for about a week and had sold out nearly the entire time. As the pair walked onto the stage the crowd exploded into cheers just as the front of the stage exploded into fire and colored smoke. Nico , or Black hole Sun, took his place behind the drums his horn glowing lightly checking over a few of the interments he was going to be playing for this nights set.

Bloodmoon or Jer fretted with a few guitars that were set up laying the Lady Macbeth in her stage stand and picking up A different Guitar checking the tune on it before nodding lightly stretching out his wings and fanning his feathers out in a stretch before pulling a pick from the strap and strumming once or twice with his right wing, his left adjusting along the neck .

Nico glanced to Jer who nodded moving up to the mic his stage personality fully going.

“GOOD EVENING HAYGAS!!!”

The crowd roars

“This is Blackhole Sun and I am Bloodmoon and together we ARE PONTERA!!!”

The crowd goes wild several ponies in the front already trying to mosh and climb over each other to get a better spot. Jer flicks out his wing holding up three feathers signaling Nico to start Unholy Diver.

He starts the opening riffs as Nico slams his drumsticks down with his magic his hair whipping.


"Yeah! yeah

unholy Diver
You've been down too long in the midnight sea
don't call on the seaponies.....

Ride the Hydra
You can see his fangs but you know he's clean
don't call on the seaponies....."


Nico continues a steady beat to the song as Jer pours a little more rage and some fear into his singing and the guitar.


“Gotta get away
Unholy Diver (yeah)

That!

Shiny diamonds
Like the eyes of a cat in the black and blue
Something is coming for you

Race for the morning
You can hide in the sun 'till eternal night.
Oh we will pray it's all right

Shoo be doooooo shobe do, “


The white alicorn struggles not to laugh. His brother always had a fear of seaponies, but any sane pony knew they weren't real. He curses as he nearly misses a cord with the distraction. Jer pours more loatheing and unease into the song. He was terrified of the thought of those creatures , likely from some of the horror stories he had read as a foal. While he was Bloodmoon however he feared nothing. He screamed out the next few lines his voice nearly cracking.

"Between those emerald eyes
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel

Unholy Diver
You're the star of the smile parade
No need to look so afraid

Jump on the hydra
You can feel his heart but you know he's mean
Some light can never be seen, yeah"

Jer wavers a bit at the extended screaming , but it was a brief moment, he had an entire night of singing to continue.



“Ride the hydra
You can see his scales but you know he's clean
don't call on the seaponies.....

Shoo be doooooo shobe do,
Shoo be doooooo, shobe do,yeah

Unholy Diver

Soul survivor

Aquatic queen....

Rising up from the depths coming after you

Now unholy diver, unholy diver

GET AWAY,GET AWAY,GET AWAY YAH!!!"

The music belts out for a little longer before the cords die off and the ponies before them go absolutely wild. Nico smirks flinging his drum sticks into the crowd as Jer grabs a bottle of water draining half of it in a few gulps and pitching the rest into the crowd. This was going to be a good night.



[ Song
Holy Diver- By Kill Switch Engaged]