• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 513 Views, 9 Comments

A Day in the Life of Flash Sentry - Silver Inkwell



Follow Flash as an ordinary regular day turns into a not so ordinary or regular day. Nightmare Shadow forces him and other ponies to play some deadly mysterious games, can he survive and win? Will the others?

  • ...
3
 9
 513

(The) Rules of the Games

“Please, call me Ness, but in order to answer your question I need you to understand something, you will lose this game, you cannot win, if you accept this one fact then maybe perhaps you will have victory in your goal and quest, but not in the games for which I have planned for you. You may not win the thing to gain what you wish and want right now, but should you prevail then in the end the thing you want and wish in your heart and mind will be gained.”

“I don’t understand what you say, why do you speak in riddles to me?”

“Would you rather I speak in rhymes instead?”

“Alright fine then, speak your confusing riddles to me then.”

“I have a simple task for you and other certain ponies I have selected, you will all play a game of mine that I have personally designed for each one of you, they will test your strengths and power and knowledge, and exploit your weaknesses, but of course I already have said that you will fail this game, so the object and goal is not to win or even survive, but instead it is to test your resolve, for your thoughts, ideas, dreams, and fears shall be penetrated by me.

And it is futile to attempt to resist, for you cannot win, there is only the test of whether or not you will get through this together, or if only one of you will survive and ‘win’ in the end, and I look forward to finding the answer out.

I hope that none of you fail or disappointment, but I expect to be surprised instead, I hope that I can be surprised, it would be a nice change for once.”

“How do you know that we will play these games of yours?” Celestia asked.

“Because if you don’t… Well then the consequences would be most… fatal and undesirable to all of you; you would be putting more at risk, danger, and peril.

And I have a feeling that you do not wish to have that happen.”

Celestia growled at this but then said, “Fine, we will play your games.”

“Excellent, then we shall begin at once” Ness said clapping his goofs together and then suddenly he was in a strange and mysterious room with other ponies he knew, but the room was somewhere that he did not know where it was.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: The Room

Stay tuned for more.