• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 513 Views, 9 Comments

A Day in the Life of Flash Sentry - Silver Inkwell



Follow Flash as an ordinary regular day turns into a not so ordinary or regular day. Nightmare Shadow forces him and other ponies to play some deadly mysterious games, can he survive and win? Will the others?

  • ...
3
 9
 513

The Fourth and Final Challenge

“Welcome to the fourth and final and last challenge every pony,” Ness said.

“You have made it this far, but will you be able to finish the games?

The only way to find out is to play the games until the end and finish.”

And with that said they now stood on a simple plain gray field with nothing on it, it was completely empty and devoid of any life of any kind, or food, or houses, there was no music or wind to be heard, no sound of young fillies and colts playing in the streets, nothing moved because there was nothing alive.

There were no tress or bushes, no animals, no toys or tools out lying around anywhere, no carts, there was simply nothing to suggest anything had ever lived here at all. And Flash could see why this would be a worst nightmare or fear, even just looking at this sight made him want to hide away from it.

“Welcome to the fourth and final challenge,” Ness said once more again.

“I call this one, ‘The End of Equestria, it’s cool and neat, isn’t it?
Anyhow this is Solar’s worst fear and nightmare, to lose to me, and then to see this happen to the land of Equestria, or at least that’s one of the fears, dreams, ideas, and images that she sees, there are a lot more that are fun as well, but I choose this one because it had the simplest mood and environment for the last game. It’s a very simple one actually, you just have to tell me what you learned today from these games, that’s all. I’m sure that you can do that, after all, you did write letters to Princess Celestia telling her what you learned about friendship, Twilight Sparkle, so I’m sure that telling me what you learned will be easy, unless of course I am wrong, but I have not been wrong once yet.”

“Why in Equestria would you want to just know what we learned today?” Flash asked, “Surely you must have some greater purpose or plan instead of this.”

“Oh I do have great, grand and glorious plan, but if I answered your question I would spoil the ending, and I can’t give the end game away now, can I?

I have to leave you in suspense waiting to see what will happen next as you hang on the edge of a cliff or lean forward in your chairs with anticipation.”

“Well here’s what I learned, I learned that you can be a real pain in the rear end sometimes; because you’re just a son of a -,” but Flash never did finish that sentence because of Nightmare Shadow interrupting his thought.

“I will not have you finish that sentence,” Nightmare Shadow said as a bar of soap suddenly appeared in Flash’s mouth, “Clean your mouth out first.”

Flash spit the bar out and almost said, “Why you little son of a -,” but he didn’t want the soap to go in his mouth again so instead he merely remained quiet.

“Now that’s what I like to hear, a silent respect to honor me, how nice of you to do that for me. But anyhow, say the thing that you learned that you have lot today, for I told you at the tart that you would lose these games, and I didn’t mean this, I meant that you would all lose something in these games.”

“So that’s what you meant, I was so confused, but now I see the truth of the matter, now I see why you were so cryptic before, that’s why you won’t answer any of our questions that we ask, it’s because you’re afraid of losing to us.

You don’t want us to figure out what your plan is because if we did we would stop you, and you can’t have that, so you dodge and avoid the questions thrown at you, you aren’t trying to trick us or fool us, at least not in the way we thought by making us play these games, you’re hiding your true and real self. And no matter what the cost or price is, you’re going to keep him safe.

Or at least you will until the moment when and where you finally need him the most, and then you’ll use him and release him from the dark deep depths that are inside you, and then you’ll unleash him from your cold black heart.”

“At least I have a heart, even if it’s cold and black,” Ness said to Flash, “But it doesn’t matter what you think, because I’m not afraid of losing to you.”

“Only a fool and coward would not admit to or stand up against his fears.”

“And I am neither one of those, now can we please get back to the subject and topic, you still haven’t told me what you have learned about from today.”

“I have learned that admitting the truth about your feelings, it can be the hardest thing to do, I also learned that I have to be true to myself, I have to protect my name and reputation, and keep myself clean, honest, and upright.”

“And I learned that standing up for your friends by being loyal to them isn’t an easy choice, but it will be if you know it’s the right one,” Rainbow Dash said.

“And I learned that as well, but also to listen to others first,” Twilight said.

“And I learned that you have to stand up for yourself but also make sure that you can speak to others, and that others may speak to you,” Fluttershy said.

“And I learned that sometime it takes hard work to get what you really want, and also not to degrade any of your friends because of anything,” Rarity said.

“And I learned that sometime the little details in life make all the difference and the biggest changes that you can’t even see at first,” Applejack said.

“And I learned how to have fun in a totally new way!” Pinkie Pie said.

“I learned that I have to treat others with kindness and respect,” Iron Will said.

“I learned that sometimes you have to the hardest thing in your life that you thought you would never do, but you do it for the right reasons and ideas, but sometimes you do it in the wrong and worst way possible. And sometimes you push others back around you to keep them safe, but in the end you will only end up hurting the one that you care for and love the most,” Celestia said.

“And I learned that keeping my identity a secret from the others, that will not work forever. Does it really matter if they know? Release me from this spell that you have put over me Nightmare Shadow, I want to be seen by the others.”

“As you wish, my dear lady Solar, you are free now,” Nightmare Shadow said.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: Reveal

Who is Solar? Find out next time.

Stay tuned for more.