• Published 5th Dec 2016
  • 2,374 Views, 99 Comments

My Little Mages: The Grand Gala - Foxhelm



A moment of calm has come for Twilight et al, and how best to celebrate, then the long awaited Grand Gala. No matter what happens, it will be a night to remember. A 'My Little Mages' retelling of 'The Best Night Ever'.

  • ...
4
 99
 2,374

Twilight's Night

While everyone was busy with their nights, Twilight had her own plans. This was her first real chance to have a meeting with Princess Celestia and her first gala. She and Spike were the last of her group to arrive at the ballroom for the gala. “We’re late,” Spike sighed, “Sweetie is going to be so depressed, and she’ll cry to Rarity and Rarity trying to be a better big sister will chew my ears off.”

“Spike, Twilight,” came a familiar older female voice. Twilight and Spike turned to see a woman old enough to be Shining Armor’s mother with a man most likely to be her husband. “Oh, it’s so good to see my little girl and my adopted son,” the woman said as she speed walked and embraced Twilight and then Spike.

“It’s good to see you too, Mom,” Twilight replied as she returned the hug. “And you too, Dad.” Twilight as she turned to her father.

“Oh Night Light, our little girl is attending the gala, oh maybe she’ll find her true love.” Velvet said as she turned to her husband.

Night Light chuckled at his daughter’s clear discomfort, “Oh we did much worse to Shining, you have no idea how we would tease him about Cadance.”

“Well, our little soldier boy was a trooper, even played along a few times,” Velvet said, “And now my little boy has grown, is married and... and…” Velvet started to cry, “and doesn't need his mommy anymore….”

Little, Shining has at least three inches on Dad when Dad was Shining’s age, Spike thought to Twilight using their master-familiar link. And that’s both being generous to Dad and low-balling Shining.

Be nice, Twilight shot back, to parents their children will always be ‘little’, even if said children tower over their parents.

Yeah yeah, try that when I am full size. Spike retorted.

You’ll always be Spiky-wiky, Twilight chuckled reminding Spike of his new pet-name earning a mental groan from the young dragon.

Having finished her cry, Velvet turned back to her daughter, “so have you met anyone? A good girl, just like Shining has. You know someone who to take care of your home, makes sure you're eating properly?”

“WHAT!” Twilight exclaimed internally praying that her mother was not implying that.

“So, it’s a nice young man that makes you feel safe and secure.” Velvet continued.

“MOTHER!!” Twilight projected clearly trying to get her mother to stop.

“Or both, you are a healthy woman with no experiences after all and you aren’t getting younger. So you need to know what you want before you become a creepy crazy cat lady,” Velvet did not let up on her prodding.

“NO!!!” Twilight screamed and hid her deep crimson face that was just about to be as purple as her hair.

Night Light took out a pocket watch and looked at it before he commented, “Not even two minutes, Shining lasted more than four. You’re striking a little too hard, Vely.”

Velvet chuckled, “What can I say, I have greater expectations for our daughter. After all, she got a more distinguished notoriety much faster than her brother, so it’s only fair we up the standards accordingly.”

Twilight, Spike and Night Light let out a groan, Velvet was in her ‘Scheming Mode’ again. “Velvet-cake, we agreed to only tease Twilight and Spike.” Night Light pointed out.

Velvet pouted at what her husband said as if she was expecting to do more, “But Nighty,” she whimpered with a quivering lower lip and saucer size eyes.

Night Light turned to his daughter, “Sorry Sparkie, but I sleep in the same bed as her.”

Twilight groaned at her father not only for him throwing her to the wolves of her mother’s currently growing scheme but using that particular pet name. Spike was laughing via their connection and it echoed in her mind.

“Can we just go, I want to actually get through the night before it’s over,” said Twilight as she started towards the gala hanging her head in shame.

“Oh Twilight, you know we love you and care about you. This is one of the ways we show it.” Velvet said as she and Night Light walked passed their daughter and her familiar.

“We also have to make up for lost time, we were able to do all this to Shining before he was even in basic training, thanks in no small part to Cadance.” Night Light commented just as he and his wife were about to pass the court herald.

“Announcing the arrival of Royal Astrophysics Night Light and his wife Twilight Velvet.” the herald said and blew his trumpet. “Also Announcing the arrival of Her Majesty Princess Celestia's Apprentice, Twilight Sparkle and her familiar Spike the dragon!” The herald then blew the trumpet again. Twilight noted that there was a long line towards the princesses.

That caught Twilight and Spike off-guard, causing the two to cringe, but not her parents, “First gala is always the worst.” Velvet commented, “Trust me, they don’t get much better for about five more, but after the sixth gala it’s just background noise.”

“But they make a great ‘date’ night, especially when it’s the night you and your spouse met. Do you remember, Velvet-cake?” Night Light asked as he took his wife’s hand as if to waltz. “I was so engrossed in my research that night, even though I was ordered to go to the gala, I was reciting the names of the stars in the antediluvian names in a little song I developed to help me remember them all.”

“And you started dancing to the song alongside the waltz that was playing, you were so wrapped up in it, that you took my hand at random, taking me away from a boring discussion and danced the whole waltz. As it ended you dipped me saying ‘And Solaria, Stella Die, the closest and brightest of all’, and kissed me before you realized what happened.”

“And I never apologized for it, and I never will. Because if I recall correctly, I was rewarded with the best night ever for my boldness.” Night Light chuckled as the spouses ended their mock waltz.

“Let’s see, you also got a son that is the Marshall of the ESM who is also now married to one of the three demigoddesses, a daughter that is the apprentice of Princess Celestia herself and well…” Velvet paused and turning to face her husband and clearly being coy giggled, “one of the most… imaginative partners that can be found.” After placing a kiss on her husband’s right cheek she turned back to Twilight and Spike, all the while Twilight hid her face out of embarrassment. “And I got the scene for my first novel that I could not just get right no matter how hard I tried.” After a second of watching Twilight’s face take on a darker shade of red. “Well best of luck tonight, deary.” Velvet said as she and Night Light were about to leave Twilight and Spike.

“Spike! You made it!” Sweetie Belle squeaked as she effectively tackled Spike almost knocking the dragon off his feet.

“Um, hi Sweetie,” said Spike as he heard the sound of two women, most likely Twilight Sparkle and Twilight Velvet, giggling. That set-off alarms and raised red flags for Spike, that usually meant the scene would be preserved for future potential embarrassments. A blue-tinted flash confirmed his fears, Night Light had just used the image capture spell that he usually used to capture various images of the night sky, which meant in a few hours it would already be transferred to a physical medium and he would have to endure its mention at a future date, probably even in relation to an actual date. Spike could only roll his eyes.

Sweetie Belle then ended the hug and taking the dragon’s left hand started pulling him around away and around the line to greet Celestia and Luna. She then continued into the hall. Twilight could not help but laugh at her familiar’s situation. Well, he did laugh at her for how her parents embarrassed her. Twilight started up the steps to the hall. She still had her plans of spending time with her mentor. As she finally reached Celestia and Luna. “Your Highnesses,” Twilight said as she started to bow.

“That won’t be necessary, Twilight,” Celestia said as she stopped Twilight midway through her bow and hugged her. “I am so glad you have made it,” Celestia said as she ended her embrace of her apprentice and stepped aside.

“We are also glad for your attendance,” Luna said as she also embraced Twilight. Luna looked at Celestia and received a nod. “We both wish to spend time with you tonight, but We shall be busy greeting all the guests that are still on their way,” Luna explained as she ended her embrace and stepped back.

“Oh,” Twilight said as she finally realized that she would not be able to accomplish what she desired tonight.

“We are sorry.” Luna apologized seeing how distraught Twilight was over the news.

This was however not lost on Celestia as she looked to her right and waved her right hand as if to beckon someone over to her. Too bad Pinkie couldn’t be here for this. Oh well, that’s life. The elder diarch thought. She then turned her attention back to Twilight.“I’d like to introduce you to a guard, Twilight,” she said getting Twilight’s attention and out of her distraught state.

“I’ve met a lot of guards in the past few years, especially after Shining made captain and then Marshall,” Twilight had almost not caught herself, it would definitely not be proper for her to use a pet name for her brother at a formal event, or in the presence of her mentor.

“Actually, that’s why I wanted to introduce you, this guard reminds me very much of how your brother was before his promotion, and still is in many respects,” Celestia commented with a giggle as if she knew something and was having fun at Twilight’s expense.

Twilight’s attention perked up at this, someone who had a similar work ethic to her own brother was definitely something she needed to verify at the very least.

“Unless We are mistaken, the young man in question is Pinkie Pie’s fourth guest.” Luna cut in, which happened to earn her a confused look from Twilight.

Just then Celestia winked and a young Skyborn man about Twilight's age stepped forward. He was dressed not unlike how Shining dressed for his wedding, but less ‘I am the groom, this is my day too’ way and more of an ‘I'm just another guest not worth your time’ kind of way. He had blue hair and on his shirt was embroidered a blue heater shield with a yellow lightning bolt on it. “Twilight Sparkle, this is Corporal Sentry.” Celestia introduced the young man.

“With all due respect, your highness, it’s Chief Warrant Officer Third Grade (CW3) Sentry as of three days ago, you promoted me personally,” CW3 Sentry corrected after he bowed following his introduction. It was clear to Twilight that the young man was trying to be humble and not overstep things.

Celestia laughed with a ‘huhuhu’ as she hid her mouth with the back of her right hand, like one of Fluttershy’s imported graphic novel female villains, “Oh, that’s right! Silly me, Chief Warrant Officer, but as since my sister and I will be here for quite some time, would you escort my apprentice,” Celestia said cheerfully as if it was a simple request, but the CW3 knew it was an order.

“Well if you insist, your majesty,” said Flash, he was unsure of what sort of game Celestia was trying to play, or just how many people were in on it at the moment. He then offered his left arm, which Twilight accepted by wrapping her right arm around.

“Don’t feel too bad about it,” said Twilight as the two walked into the gala’s hall proper, “it’s a bit of a tradition of hers to refer to promoted individuals by their prior rank for a week or so, she gives quite a few ‘reasons’ as to why she does it.” Twilight gave a small giggle before continuing. “But, I think it’s just her way of keeping the egos of everyone promoted in check, some people get pretty big heads when they’re promoted.”

Flash chuckled at that statement before he responded, “Oh she’s nothing, my drill sergeant still calls me ‘Newbie Sentry’ and she’ll call me that even if I make it to colonel, She still calls Shining ‘Newbie Armor’.”

“Shining told me that’s a tradition among the drill sergeants, the only time they’ll refer to you by any other rank is when they bring in the new drill sergeant. It’s kind of like parents referring to their children as ‘little’, ‘baby’, or some manner of pet name well into the adult years of said children.” Twilight giggled as she thought about some her parents’ affectionate names for Shining. “Although, I’m pretty sure it’s some pretty tough love on the part of the drill sergeants.”

“You have no idea,” said Flash as he rolled his eyes, clearly the love that drill sergeants have is a lot tougher than Twilight could image, “but enough about me, how about we talk about you. And by that, I don’t mean the obvious stuff that anyone could find out after just a few minutes in an archive.”

Twilight was going to start but stopped when she recalled she never got his first name. “Before I do, what do I call you tonight, warrant officer or just Sentry?”

“So, you haven't solved my riddle,” it was then that Twilight remembered she met this man before, he was her brother’s only groomsman. He continued, “we all are familiar with your story, then again you’ve practically been a public figure so that gives me an unfair advantage.” Twilight gave him a pointed glare, “but I hear you’re a very intelligent young lady, so I’ll give it to you as a hint in the form of a problem, I heard you like solving problems. It’s a synonym for burst and dash,” he snapped his fingers at the end like he was emphasizing his hint.

Twilight paused and started to think, A word that is a synonym for burst and dash. 'Burst' is typically used to refer to a rapid acceleration; 'dash' is related to moving fast speed. Humm, there are so many, words. Wait… the riddle... savior of the universe, savior of the universe, savior of the uni… ‘Savior of the Universe’. A light bulb went off in Twilight’s head as she got it. That’s the theme song of Dad’s and Shining’s favorite series Smash Fortune with the titular character currently being played by Buck Gordon Rogers III, who, like his father Buck Gordon Rogers Jr. and grandfather Buck Gordon Rodgers, who both also played the role, is always credited as… “Flash,” Twilight answered as she finally got it. “Which is the name used by the three men that have and are portraying Smash Fortune, the Space Opera hero."

“Yeah, it was either that or the fourth. Oh, I get why Dad emulates his father and grandfather, and why Grandpa Bucky emulated his father, but Space Operas are not my thing. Although, my half-brother, First Base, might not be as lucky. Then again his mother has a fair amount of clout.”

“You have a brother?” Twilight asked confused about the idea of half-siblings.

Flash chuckled, “Two younger half-siblings, actually. My mother and my dad… well, they were kids messing around and I was the result. They were like water and oil, not that they fought, but they realized that they didn't mix well. My maternal grandparents actually raised me, my mother was still in school and my father was well getting ready to take on the mantle of Smash Fortune.”

Twilight was taken aback at that, “Why would your father do that. Didn’t he care.” The idea of a father not caring for his child was abominable to Twilight. Her own father would spend an entire day with her looking for her Smarty Pants doll, even after working a long hard night and going to work another long hard night, with no complaints.

“Actually it was my maternal grandfather’s idea, my father wanted to marry my mother and take care of me like a father should and Grandpa Bucky and my paternal grandmother were all on board with that. My mother was willing to do that and my maternal grandmother was all in support of it, but my grandfather seemed to be the only one to look ahead and said it would be in my best interest to have a more...stable people couple raising me.” Flash informed as he found a table and pulled out a chair for Twilight.

After accepting the chair and setting down, as Flash walked to sit down across from her, “So your parents never married.” Twilight said in thought, “That’s kind of sad,” she commented. “I could not image my parents being apart.”

Flash just shrugged his shoulders, “That’s life. Well, about twelve years ago both my parents found their current spouses. My dad married a baseball player, and from what I have seen their son, my half-brother First Base, seems to take after his mother, she lives in Magiville as the right fielder of the Magiville Honey Bees.” Flash paused as he took a moment to make sure he knew what he was going to say about his mother’s new family. “My mom, on the other hand, found a nice Skyborn guy like her, they got hitched and had a daughter. I think they live in Magiville now, something about my kid sister went through a growth spurt and her wings didn’t grow at the same time. I have wanted to visit them, both my half-brother and half-sister, but I have been bounced around to so many posts while the Phoenix in under reconstruction I never had the time. I hope she enjoyed the scooter I bought and sent to her.” Flash informed looking away as if ashamed of himself for being an absent brother. Twilight noticed that there was a small tear forming in his left eye. She saw him rub the left side of his face.

“Would your half-sister’s name happen to be ‘Scootaloo’?” Twilight asked as she recalled her first real run in with Scootaloo as the young monk scooted by her on a scooter with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle chasing Spike.

“Yeah, You know her?” Flash asked as he seemed to brighten up.

“She and her friends Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, are more or less the little sisters of myself and my friends,” Twilight answered as a server arrived and placed two drinks in front of them. Seeing Flash confused over the wooden mugs, “It’s the Apple Family Cider. You see, Princess Celestia commissioned Sweet Apple Temple to cater the gala and the Apples’ best beverage is their cider. I am given to understand their family secret recipe is actually the best, but I can’t handle hard cider.” Twilight explained as she drank some of the cider, it was just like the cider she had when she first met Applejack getting closer to a year before. “Delicious,” Twilight said as looked to Flash.

Flash then picked up his mug, “Well hard or not, Tonight is the first night of my leave until I am sent off to Wonderbolt Academy.” Flash then drank some of the cider. After he gave an ‘aw’ of bliss. “Divine.” he declared.

Twilight giggled, “I never heard anyone call the cider from Sweet Apple Temple that.” After another chuckle, “but I can see why.” After a second of thought, “You said you’re going to Wonderbolt Academy, thinking about transferring?”

Flash shook his head, “Nah, apparently, Princess Celestia or Marshall Armor has plans for me. Don’t know what they are, but one of them clearly has plans for me. But we really need to change topics.” Flash then looked straight into Twilight’s eyes, as he looked into them Twilight could not help but notice that they were slightly closed. Twilight could not tell exactly what the next line of their dialogue would be from him.

Not wanting to get into awkward territory, and wanting keep the topic on him for a few more minutes, she said, “Do either of your siblings know about you? Or do they just know you as a nameless relative?”

Flash took a breath, as he looked down into his mug and sighed before he answered as he looked back up to face Twilight, “I know First Base knows he and I are related, we write. I honestly don’t know if Scootaloo does, our mother has only shared very little about her to me, it wouldn’t surprise me if Scootaloo doesn’t.” Before Twilight could inquire further, “But we can not talk about the idiot ‘Flash Sentry’, let’s talk about the gorgeous ‘Twilight Sparkle’.” Flash said as he slightly closed or rather narrowed his eyes and his gaze as if he was… batting his eyes at her, with a small smile forming on his face.

Twilight, however, was taken in by what he said, “You think I am gorgeous?” Twilight said as she started to blush and turn away in authentic modesty. “I am just an average girl, appearance wise anyway.”

Flash gave a subtle grin which Twilight didn’t see, “I have to disagree, you are the most beautiful woman in the world.” He then moved his chair to move around the table, ever so slowly. “Your purple eyes are gems. Your hair has two lovely streaks. But neither holds a candle to your mind. Entered Celestia’s School for the Gifted and becoming her apprentice at ten and on your first try.”

“Oh you know, it’s nothing all that impressive, I had access to a lot of books and I like to read. Although my friends and family might call me a ‘bibliophile’.” Twilight said as she looked into Flash’s eyes and then looked away as she held the upper part of her left on with her right hand, while nervous, it was a ‘not-sure-what-to-do-am-I-making-fool-out-of-myself-oh-sweet-Celestia-he’s-still-looking-at-me-what-do-I-do-what-do-I-do-what-do-I-do-what-do-I-do’ type situation.

Flash, having subtly moved to be on Twilight’s right, took her hand in his left hand, “I think bibliophiles are the sexiest women around, they never go to bed…” Flash then paused as he brought Twilight’s hand to his face. He continued, but something in his voice indicated that the accompanying musical number would be a soft-jazz played on a saxophone, “alone.” He then kissed the back of her hand. “They always have a good book.” He continued to, well to Twilight it seemed like he was trying to woo her.

Twilight could not help but giggle a little, after which, in a sultry voice, or as close as she could, “I’d like to read you some time,” After a second of processing what she just said, her eyes widened and she covered her mouth, “Oh no, did I just say that.” She tried to cover her face in embarrassment as she tried to turn away.

Flash gave a chuckle as he reached out and moved Twilight’s hands away from her face to look her in the eyes. “I think it was an adorkable joke.” He said as he neared his face to Twilight’s as he stared into Twilight’s eyes. Twilight could not help but be drawn into the royal guard's light bright blue eyes, which reminded Twilight of an entry of the cornflower plant in a book about flora. “How about we start now?” Flash continued, still batting his eyes. Twilight never thought such a plant could be so lovely. Twilight slowly tilted her head to her left and leaned forward. She felt her heart going dokidokidokidokidoki in her chest, like she was a schoolgirl in one of Fluttershy’s imported graphic novels, as the distance between her and her escort started to close and their lips...

“So who’s the lucky fellow, Twilight?” Twilight heard breaking from her attempt to kiss Flash giving a frightened ‘AH!’ as she jumped forward into Flash. Twilight turned to see her parents too late as a blue-tinted flash captured her in the… compromising… position. It was her mother that spoke. “I am so happy for you, I thought you would end up like your aunt,” all the while Twilight buried her face in her hands and groaned.

Night Light could not help but chuckle, “So good to be able to do this to both kids.” Night Light then turned to Flash.

“Chief Warrant Officer Third Grade Flash Sentry of the ESM, currently not on assignment,” Flash answered the question unasked by Night Light but was asked by Twilight Velvet. “Royal Astrophysicist Night Light and famed author Twilight Velvet, I presume. Marshall Armor spoke highly about both of you.” Flash smiled as he nodded to both of Twilight’s parents. “I would offer my hand…”

“See, told you our little Sparkle would find someone, and so well mannered.” Velvet said as she turned back to Night Light. “I hope to see you again... Flash Sentry was it?” she asked. Flash nodded, “Shining was most impressed with your record. I highly doubt he’d object to you as a brother-in-law.”

Literally feeling Twilight groan in response to that. “We just met tonight, it’s a little too soon for that particular conversation. Also, with all due respect, we were kind of…” Flash didn’t finish as he jerked his head back twice as a ‘please move on,’ gesture.

Night Light caught on instantly, it took Velvet a little longer, but when she got it, “Oh we’re ruining your moment. Sorry. Tell us all about it when you can. Have fun, but be responsible. While I want to be a grandmother, please let Shining Armor go first.”

“MOTHER!!! You didn’t just ruin the moment, you have ruined several in just the past five years alone!” Twilight shouted in embarrassment as her face was one shade of red short of purple.

Velvet giggled as she and Night Light started to leave, “Parental privileges, dear, love you.” Velvet said and headed back to the gala proper.

After a few seconds, “Are you okay?” Flash asked, his eyes slightly narrow in concern and his voice subdued as he tried to look Twilight in the face.

Twilight gave a “GAHH! Why do parents do that!” Twilight exclaimed as she puffed out her cheeks in a pout, her face still red, but less from embarrassment and more out of anger. An act Flash actually thought looked pretty cute.

Flash thought for a moment, as an idea appeared in his mind he gave a small open smile, “Say, I bet ya there is place in the castle grounds I can take you to that Shining never could or can.” This caught Twilight off guard causing her to get back into her chair and look at Flash with her eyes and face partially contorted and scrunched up indicating her confusion. Flash stood up and offered her hand. “Come on, take a chance.” Cautiously Twilight held out her hand accepting the offer. She was pulled to her feet, Flash then moved his arm so that Twilight’s arm was wrapped around his and they walked towards one of the sets of doors.

Only seeing what was right in front of her, as they passed through the doors, “I could get here by my…” In an instant, she felt herself rise into the air. “Self!” She screamed as she clung to Flash for dear life, burying her face in his chest out of fear. After a few second Twilight felt herself be lowered to something. She opened her eyes to see she was on one of the roofs of one of the towers. She was actually standing on the roof of the tallest tower of the Chantalot royal castle, the highest man-made point in all of Mystica. As she looked around seeing the city from this new place she could not help but feel like she was, “I am on top of the world!” she exclaimed very childlike and gave a rather dorky giggle. She then turned to face Flash, who was just hovering next to the tower. “You were right.” Twilight conceded, “This is a place no-one else I know could take me to.”

“I just figured you were better off in a place no one could cloud your mind,” Flash said as he landed. “Sorry for scaring you like that.” he chuckled, “but I assumed the faster I got you away, the better.”

Twilight blushed a little, “Yeah, thanks for that, if what you saw was how my parents respond, I don’t to know how my friends would.” Flash gave Twilight a look not unlike one Applejack would when she was clearly not convinced. “I mean I am not ready to experience, Rarity would be ‘Oh Darling, we have to get you a better dress, tis unbecoming for such courtship.’ Applejack would be ‘Yahr break her heart Ah’ll break yah’, Rainbow Dash would… I guess she would she would shrug her shoulders and say ‘Whatev’, Fluttershy would be ‘Oh this is so…’ Actually, I have no idea what she would say, but Pinkie would, ‘Twilight’s-first-date-celebration-party’” As Twilight spoke what she felt her friends would say she imitated her friends, even having her own ‘Pinkie voice’. Twilight then gave an exasperated sigh.

Flash walked up to her and rested his forehead on her’s, his cornflower blue eyes looking deep into her purple eyes. “Well, who says they have to know before you have a chance to recover from your parents?” Flash asked in a very luring inflection as if he was trying to help Twilight back to their missed moment. Not so much trying to recapture the moment, but fostering a new and better one. As Twilight into Flash’s eyes, she could not help but hear in soft-jazz play on a saxophone in her mind. Slowly and subtly Flash placed his hands on Twilight’s sides as Twilight reached her arms around his neck.

“No one,” Twilight said in a sultry manner as she tilted her head to her left and started to bring herself up to kiss him. Flash, however, did not let her get very far as his lips came to her. After a couple of seconds, the two broke their kiss and with their eyes shut, each rested their forehead on the others. Twilight slowly opened her eyes and was again looking into Flash’s eyes, she felt both drawn into them, but for some reason, she could tell that Flash was also being pulled in her eyes. The idea of a man being drawn to her as Flash has been made Twilight giggle in delight.

“Solaria, Stella Die, the closest and brightest of all,” Flash said as he leaned in and whispered into Twilight’s right ear before he kissed the spot under her ear, and then just below that, and then the spot just below that as he kissed down the right side of her neck, along her right clavicle to her right shoulder. Twilight sighed and shivered of bliss all the while. After reaching the top of her shoulder, Flash started to kiss along the path again going back until he reached her right ear, but instead of going back down he moved over to her left ear, he repeated what he said in her right ear into her left and continued to kiss her on the left side much like he did on her right side. As he finished his return to Twilight’s left ear, he returned his gaze to Twilight’s eyes. He grinned as he saw Twilight smile, with her mouth slightly opened in bliss. “I was told I get things down fast.” Flash joked. Just then the two started to hear music from the gala’s dance hall. “Is that?” Flash asked.

“I think that’s a waltz,” Twilight answered. She ended her hold around Flash and started to walk away, “I am sorry, I don’t know how to dance all that well,” she explained a little ashamed of herself. “I never learned.”

Flash gave a soft smile as he took her right hand and rested it on his left shoulder and took her left hand in his right hand, “Just place your feet on mine.” Flash encouraged as he moved his left arm to be under Twilight’s right with his hand on her back. Twilight did what Flash said. “Now the waltz is actually a simple dance, with three steps that are one, two, three,” Flash started as he started to dance with the music, “that go alongside a three beat meter, that go, long, short, short.” Flash continued as he waltzed on the rooftop with Twilight’s feet on his feet. “Now the tricky part is to remember that unlike most ballroom dances, you alternate between which foot you start out with for the beats.”

Twilight was still nervous but she was starting to feel like she could actually follow Flash’s lead. “Where did you learn how to dance?” she asked as she stepped off of Flash’s feet to actually waltz with him.

“While the majority of the guards are in our armor, sometimes the best way to protect the princesses and others is to blend into the crowd and for events like the gala, and to keep your cover you’ll have to dance,” Flash explained as the two danced together circling the top of the roof. With each step, Twilight felt more and more confident in her skills. Helping matters was that Flash was only altering things one at a time spinning her fully during the long beat to her left or tow her right every so often. However, in one spin he stepped forward with her back to him. Twilight was a little startled at this as she was now facing the same way as her partner. “Didn’t mean to startle you,” Flash whispered, which seemed to put Twilight at ease.

After dancing a few more beats, Twilight felt Flash move his hands to her sides, “If you want,” Flash started to say but very soon Twilight noticed a change in how Flash spoke as if he was... “I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering splendid.
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide!
I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride
A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we’re only dreaming.” As Flash sang he lifted Twilight with him into the sky and started to fly around the castle’s towers, over the gardens, over the walls and around a few of the buildings near the castle, ending as he hovered in the air not far from Twilight’s old room.

After Flash finished the verse, with the two still flying, “That’s a little old school, don’t you think?” Twilight giggled, but she could not hide how impressed she was with him as she looked around where they were.

Flash chuckled, as he swiftly moved to once again be in front of Twilight, “Old school, here’s old school.” Flash said and after humming a few notes, “I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, that gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream,” Flash sang as he waltzed in the sky with Twilight as he landed with her on the balcony of Twilight’s old room, which Princess Celestia had set aside for her to spend the night. Flash ended the song as he broke the dance and opened the door to Twilight’s room with a bow. “Well milady, here I must depart. I hope you have enjoyed your night.”

Just as Twilight entered she took Flash’s hand and gave a slight tug as she beckoned him to join her, “This, thus far, has been the best night ever… but I don’t want it to be over yet,” she said a modesty embarrassed at the idea that she was inviting a man into her bedroom. Flash stepped into the room and kissed Twilight, before shutting the door behind him.

Author's Note:

So we have seen everyone's nights and Chekvoh's Gun has been fired.

'I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream' :twilightsmile::heart::twilightsmile::heart::twilightsmile:

Songs used: Disney's Aladdin "A Whole New World"

and Disney's Sleeping Beauty's 'Once Upon a Dream'

Let's see how everyone reacts to everyone else's night, up next 'The Next Morning'

And to everyone who dislikes the Flashlight ship, like J.J. Abrams with Star Wars: Episode VII-The Force Awakens, all I ask is that you judge this chapter and the story on its own merits.