• Published 22nd Nov 2016
  • 1,278 Views, 12 Comments

Broken - xxFluttercord



The Mane Six 'contain' Discord, and Fluttershy may just be the one to become friends with him... or, maybe, even more...

  • ...
2
 12
 1,278

Eternal Eventide

The mane six quickly spun around to see her.. The Nightmare.

"O-oh my..." Fluttershy squealed, her mane falling over her face as she backed away.

"My my," She cackled. "A bit timid, now, are we?"

"Leave her alone!" Rainbow growled at her.

The cyan pegasus let out a scream when She threw her against the wall of Fluttershy's cottage.

"Rainbow Dash!" The mane six screamed.

"Why, I ought to..!" Rarity huffed, but was quickly calmed by Applejack. The white unicorn exhaled deeply.

"You mean-meanie-pants!" Pinkie yelled.

"Meanie?" She chuckled. "Well, if I'm a meanie.. then so be it!"

The nightmare used telekinesis to pick the pink earth pony off of the ground.

Pinkie shrieked, flailing around wildly.

"Let 'er go!" Applejack yelled.

"And why, pray tell, would I listen to you?" She cackled. "Without the elements, you're as good as useless!"

"That's not true!" Twilight spoke up. "Even without the elements.. we're still strong!"

"Oh?"

"We'll be strong as long as we have each other!"

She chuckled. "That's the funniest - and most ridiculous - thing I've ever heard!"

"Well, then you clearly know nothing about the value of friendship!"

"Friendship?" She echoed. She blinked a few times, then erupted into maniacal laughter. "Who needs friendship when you're the princess of the night?"

"Luna... please.." Fluttershy felt tears well up in her eyes.

"Luna?" She cackled. "I am... Nightmare Moon!"

Fluttershy quietly sobbed as Nightmare Moon cackled, using her magic on her friends.

"W-why would you do this...? W-we trusted you...!"

"SMALL PEGASUS," Nightmare Moon spoke, using the royal Canterlot voice. "DO THOU TRULY BELIEVE WE ART THE ONE TO BLAME FOR THIS?"

"W-wha-?"

"IF THOU REQUEST SOMEPONY TO BLAME..." Nightmare Moon smiled wickedly. "BLAME THY DRACONEQUUS FRIEND!"

"Wha... D-Discord!?"

"Yes," Nightmare Moon said, in her usual tone (thankfully). "Now... finally.."

"THE NIGHT... SHALL LAST... FOREVER!"

"N-no...!"


Discord's fur stood on end, though he did not know why. He pushed away the uncomfortable feeling in his stomach, not thinking much of it - after all, he was the Lord of Chaos. He had nothing to worry about!

Well, there was one thing.

Fluttershy.

He had no idea why, but he couldn't get the small pegasus off of his mind.

He froze.

What if she was kidnapped? What if she was hurt?

What if...

Discord shook his head. Fluttershy was probably fine! Besides, why was he worrying so much?

Discord let out a long sigh. Because she's the only friend I've ever had...

Though, I doubt she even wanted to be friends in the first place-

A scream could be heard in the distance.

Discord recognized that scream.

"Fluttershy?" He whispered to himself, breaking down the door to the room which he was in, and quickly teleported to the timid mare.

Discord froze when he saw who exactly was torturing the small pegasus.

"Ahh, if it isn't my savior!" Nightmare Moon grinned.

Discord growled, his red pupils glowing brightly. "Let. Her. Go."

"Sorry, I'm afraid it won't be that easy!"

Discord smirked, snapped his fingers, and Fluttershy was released. "Oh really?"

Nightmare Moon growled, sending all of her strongest attacks at him - but it wasn't enough to defeat the Lord of Chaos!


***

After fighting for a while, Nightmare Moon (to nopony's surprise) won the fight.

Discord, now weakened, fell to the ground.

Oh dear! Fluttershy thought, staring at the draconequus with dilated pupils. I-I have to help him..!

Really? After everything he's done to you and your friends?

W-what? Who are you?

That is not of importance right now, Fluttershy. I can only tell you one thing - that I am here to help and to guide you. You should not help this draconequus, for I sense evil in his heart.

He.. doesn't seem evil to me..

Can't you see it, Fluttershy? He's trying to trick you!

I... The frightened pegasus looked at the weak draconequus on the ground. I.. guess... you're right...

Yes. Yes I am. I knew you were smart, Fluttershy.

Still, do you... think he may be able to change?

Oh, Fluttershy, why must you be so naive?

W-what do you mean..?

Fluttershy...

Creatures like him can never change

Nightmare Moon gave another evil laugh. "Do you see this?" She said to nopony in particular. "This is the fate of those who dare challenge the princess of the-"

"Sister."

Nightmare Moon whipped around to see a familiar white alicorn. "You.. how did you escape!?"

"Luna! You must lower the moon!"

"..You ponies just don't get it, do you?"

"Luna, wha-"

"My name..." Nightmare Moon inhaled. "IS NIGHTMARE MOON!"

Celestia took a step back, not even a grimace - or any sign of fear - on her face.

"Sister, I know that you are in there somewhere - please free yourself from this monster.."

"S-sister..?" Nightmare Moon sounded more like Luna now.

"No! You fool! Don't listen to her!" She argued with herself.

"Tia!"

"We had an agreement!"

"I am sorry, Nightmare Moon, but you are not the real me.."

"No!"

And with that - well, the unexpected happened.

Everypony - excluding Discord, who was still on the ground, weakened - stared at what they saw in shock. Several ponies gasped.

Luna had certainly separated herself from Nightmare Moon.

Physically.

Nightmare Moon and Luna had become two separate entities.