• Published 21st Dec 2016
  • 943 Views, 80 Comments

The Tank Hunter - Lone Maus



When the 2nd world War broke out Jack joined the army to protect his loved one however late in the war he finds that one miss step can change everything.

  • ...
7
 80
 943

Alliances

Gustav answered the tall dark blue mare, “Gustav and you?”

The mare responded, “Princess Luna. Now what country are you loyal to?”

“None, vhy?” was Gustav’s answer.

Luna looked sceptical but then said, “Follow me.” and started walking towards the line of tranches.

Gustav said “Claus follow the dark blue mare. Slowly.” and the tank turned and slowly followed Luna. As the passed the trench line, ponies that were working stopped and gawked at Revenant as she passed. They passed damaged or knocked out tanks. There were a large amount of tents being set up in any open space available. Luna stopped in front of a large tent with what appeared to be shock troopers around it. Gustav then said to Claus, “Stop the tank in front of the tent.” when the tank stopped he took his headset off and said, “I vill go in and talk, all of you need to stay in the tank and keep the hatches closed less I say different.”

“Yes sir.” They responded.

Gustav climbed out of the hatch and Fredrick closed it behind him. He had wings and had practiced a little, enough that he could get off of Revenant without climbing. When he land Luna asked, “And the rest of your crew?”

“They are staying in the tank. Lead the vay.” Gustav said.

“Very well.” Luna responded as she walked into the tent and Gustav followed. When Gustav walked through the flap he saw what appeared to be some sort of crystal on the ground with two ponies on each side and Luna walking around. The pony on the left was a unicorn mare, her coat was pink and her mane was a dark purple with a light blue strip. The pony on the right was also a mare but she was a pegasus, her coat was cyan and her mane was literally rainbow colored. When Luna got to the other side she turned and said, “General Starlight Glimmer and General Rainbow Dash this is Tank commander Gustav.”

Rainbow Dash just looked at him well Starlight smiled and said, “Pleased to meet you and if the rumours are true you are one heck of a commander.”

Gustav responded with, “Thank you me and my crew take fighting very seriously.”

Luna said, “That is why I brought you here. Your performance has made you a high value target and well we have no real reason to trust you, you have proven yourself to me. Do you accept being integrated into the Equestrian army?”

Gustav thought for a moment, him and his crew were soldiers without a country or reason besides to survive. He looked at Luna and said, “Yes. What is it you want done?”

Luna responded with, “I am aware you are a skilled tactician and are familiar with tank combat.” Her horn glowed and she said, “Everypony step back.” and they all did. The crystal turn completely transparent and a small city appeared on the ground. He recognized the city as the one they were in now. A blue and red line appeared on the map and he assumed those were the front lines. Luna asked, “Anypony have any ideas for a counter attack?”

Starlight looked at the map, clearly thinking as Rainbow simply looked the map over. The first thing Gustav noted was a large two lane road going straight from the main city square into the zebra lines. Gustav looked at Luna and asked, “Vhere does that large road lead?”

Luna pulled out a stick and pointed at the road and asked, “This one?” Gustav nodded. “It leads out of the city.” Luna said.

Rainbow Dash chimed in, “Intelligents says that the zebra’s main FOB is on the city outskirts and on that road.”

Luna looked at Gustav and said, “What are you planning?”

Gustav looked at the map then at Luna and said, “A fast attack vith a hand errr hoof full of tanks maybe five, supported by artillery. How much artillery is available?”

Luna responded, “And why do you think this will work?”

“Vell if ve attack with speed ve can disorient them and combine that with a huge artillery shelling, ve maybe able to go all the way to the FOB.” Gustav said.

“Well how many artillery guns were you thinking?” Luna asked.

Gustav thought for a moment then asked, “How about 200 and they need to be ready to fire in rapid succession. The plan vould involve firing on this whole area.” Gustav took out the sword he got from the zebra and circled a part of the map.

Luna sighed, “I will get the guns and put four tanks under your command. Have them ready in four days. Starlight show him to where him and his crew will stay.”

“Yes my majesty. Please this way.” Starlight said walking out the tent. Gustav followed and when they got outside he flew up to the driver's hatch of Revenant and knocked on it.

When the hatch opened and Claus’s head popped out Gustav said, “Follow me to vhere vill be staying.” He then walked with Starlight through the camp. As Revenant followed them the ground shuck a little.

Starlight stopped in front of a garage just tall and wide enough for Revenant to fit and said, “Here you are. A supply pony with come by to find out what you need and see to it that it gets to you.” Then she started to walk back the way they came.

Gustav guided Claus in, it was tight but she fit. As Claus turned the engine off Gustav said into one of the hatches, “Ve got down time everyone make yourself at home.”








Silver was awoken by a shock to her back. She grumbled and buried her face in her silver hoofs. A second shock got her to stand up. She looked around her room, there wasn't really anything besides some bones from the chicken she was given to eat the night before. Her attention turned to the large mirror that was about six feet up one of the walls. There was a smaller mirror lower down the wall she could look into. She walked over and looked at herself in the mirror, she silver mane was messy and unkept, her eyes although that of a predator they were moon silver, her teeth were also that of a predator, and her coat also silver was overgrown in areas on her legs. A chicken came out of a little hole in the wall and Silver walked over towards it passing a pony drawn on the wall, she was a full foot taller than it. It didn't take long for her to catch the chicken, she held it down as it boked like crazy tell she crushed its head with her hoof and got ready to eat

Author's Note:

So new chapter. Silver is a character that more will be revealed about as she be comes more important to the story. Hope you enjoy.