• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,174 Views, 10 Comments

A Mishap Between Friends - Kalreas



Along the way, the Elements of Harmony will fight a battle they cannot win over time.

  • ...
 10
 1,174

Memories in The New Town: The Party

**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**

As we all stepped into Pinkie's creation, we saw the cheerful mare with a massive smile on her face. The smile she could only have if she was truly happy about something.

The room that they had decided to use was fairly large, giving plenty of room for decorations and moving. Vibrant, colorful strings were spread across the room, hanging down low enough to be seen, yet you would have to jump really high to grab one. Pinkie runs upstairs as she's practically exploding from happiness. Parties were always her favorite things to do whenever it came to any situation.

"You ready for one of Pinkie's parties, Sorin?" Twilight whispered into his ear.

"Ready?" Pinkie called to all of her friends, gesturing to the string hanging next to her.

"I guess I'll find out soon!" He replied.

Upon receiving cheerful approval, she pulled the string and the party began.

Ponies from all around town had been pouring into the cheerful event. The town-folk had only recently met this strangely cheerful party mare, yet she was throwing an arrival party. Well, more of a mix of reasons for the party, but mainly the arrival of the group.

The party was going as well as it could have ever been. The music was up-beat, the drinks and snacks were plentiful... What more could you ask for other than a bunch of friends to meet and dance with? This party had everything. Sorin had gotten a little drained, so he went to the table of drinks.

"Hey, you're one of the new arrivals in town, right?" A mare behind him asked.

"Yeah." He replied back before even turning to face her. He finished pouring his drink, turning his head to get a look at the mare. She was such a unique pony, that much was obvious. He immediately stumbled in a bit of fright as he took in the size of her. She was really tall, even for an Earth pony.

She had a curvy, flowing mane, with a two similar colors directly beside each other in lines similar to a zebra. Her mane and tail had large stripes of red and orange directly beside each-other. Her coat was bright white, similar to Celestia herself.

"That's nice." She replied back, moving to the table to get herself a drink as well. "What's your name? If you don't mind me asking." She was polite at least.

Sorin smiled as he responded. "Sorin. My name is Sorin."

"Oh! That's like the famous Wonderbolt in Ponyville!" She shouted excitedly. "How come you have no wings, and you look so.. Different?" She asked.

"Oh, no... No, no, no.. I mean.. Dagh.." He stuttered, trying to find the words. "My name is similar to him, but I say it differently. Two different names, they might be similar, however they have a big difference. The main one being that he's a Pegasus while I'm an Earth Pony." He continued explaining.

"S-o-r-i-n, not S-o-a-r-i-n', the Wonderbolt. People confuse me way too easily these days..." He admitted, hanging his head slightly. She looked almost offended at his explanation, yet an apologetic expression quickly followed.

"I'm sorry, I've just always wanted to meet him. Being a Wonderbolt and all." She admitted cheerfully.

Sorin was quick to respond. "Wait..." He paused a few moments trying to work his mind around what he just heard. "You've always wanted to meet a Wonderbolt?" He asked.

"Yeah! Haven't you?!" She nearly shouted. Rainbow Dash and Twilight had both noticed her at this point. Dash had noticed her because she kept yelling about Wonderbolts. Twilight had noticed her because she was practically pushing Sorin back, still attacking with cheerful words.

They both arrived at the scene, and Sorin decided to play a little prank. It had been a while since he's done anything to embarrass Dash, even just a little. "Hey," He spoke suddenly, interrupting the mare leaning over him cheerfully. She pulled back and allowed him to talk.

"Talking about them..." He looked at Dash with an evilly happy glow in his eyes. "Look who's here."

The mare had turned to face Rainbow Dash. She didn't have much of an initial reaction, only really slightly gaping at the vibrant colors of the Pegasus in-front of her.

"She's the newest addition to the Wonderbolts. News hasn't hit yet, so you'd bet-"

"OHMYGOSH, REALLY?!" She interrupted forcefully, nearly pouncing on-top of Dash instantaneously. Dash immediately made a terrified face, widening her eyes and trying desperately to escape the sudden embrace by dodging to the side. Sorin was practically rolling in laughter at this point.

Dash tried to explain to the mare tackling her that he was playing tricks, but to no avail. Twilight helped her by lifting up the overly cheerful mare into the air, allowing Dash to breathe easier.

"Oh! Sorry! I got a little excited! It'sjustsonicetobeabletofinallymeetoneofyou! I'vewaitedforthisforsolong!" She was talking so fast it was a miracle that they were able to understand her properly. A stallion came over to the confusion and the white mare immediately looked at him. She quickly calmed down as she raised her front hooves to her chest. She raised her eyebrows and put a big apologetic smile on.

"I'm sorry, I just.. got a little-"

"Yeah, a little excited." The stallion interrupted, an embarrassed smile creeping onto his face. He was a Pegasus, so he hovered up to meet his friend in height. He didn't need to fly up very far, because he was also extremely tall. Twilight nervously put the cowering mare down, letting them sort things out for themselves.

She hadn't noticed it automatically, but as soon as she turned she saw Dash trying to get revenge on Sorin. Tackling him, calling him funny names and all sorts of wild, random stuff that would normally only be heard by Pinkie. She giggled as she watched the two have an embarrassment contest. So far, Sorin was winning.

The rest of the group had all gathered around the drink table now. They had all witnessed Dash pouncing on-top of Sorin, trying to get revenge for that little prank. She got a good look at the mare that had tackled her, and noticed something odd. She immediately stopped attacking the trickster stallion to get a better look.

The white mare was a pale white, similar to Celestia herself. The sight caught her off guard, as she slightly stumbled backwards.

"You're so tall!" She whispered instead of yelling. She then noticed the massive height of the stallion next to her. He was even taller. Sorin was fairly tall himself, however this stallion easily beat him in height. He was wearing a tuxedo, despite the craziness of this party.

"I apologize for my friends overwhelming happiness, Miss Wonderbolt." He said formally, bowing his head as he finished. Rainbow Dash immediately shook her head.

"Oh, no! No, no, it's not like that. I'm not a Wonderbolt... Yet." She admitted, trying to find the words.

"What?!" The white mare's eyes bolted to the Earth pony that was just now getting up. "You lied to me?" She said, putting on a saddened expression.

"No!" He said quickly. "Well, yeah, kinda. I'm sorry, but I just had to see the reaction of Dash. I didn't expect you to be so... Happy." He admitted, beginning to laugh again.

"Well, I am making a big trip to Ponyville for the main reason being just to see them." She admitted happily. Dash smiled and replied quickly.

"Well, I can only hope that you get an awesome view!" She said, walking closer to the mare to give her a pat on the shoulder. "Besides," She continued. "I'll be there someday later." She finished with a smile.

After a few moments of staying at the table, something was unseen by the door.

The dark Pegasus cautiously enters the party with his clearly excited friend. He looks at his back and checks his bags, satisfied with how well it covered his wings and flank. Nopony should recognize him but he was still cautious.

He was just a little nervous of bigger crowds but Sorin was determined for him to come so he reluctantly obliged. His friend however, couldn't hide his excitement if he tried, but he followed the dark Pegasus' lead with being discreet.

As soon as they were past the door the dark Pegasus quickly found a corner of the room and bolted for it with Kitran not far behind. As they reached the corner Kitran had eyed all the food and other party activities. He just loved pony sweets, and wanted to try everything and since he had never experienced a party was eager to try everything.

He looked over at his friend silently eying everypony in the room nervously. He sympathized with his friend but anticipation of participating in the party was slowly eating at him.

Kitran turned to his friend and spoke playfully. "You should go out there and do something."

The dark Pegasus turned and looked at his friend and returned the challenge. "No. You go out there."

Kitran wasted no time and gleefully said "OK!" as he bolted towards the table of snacks and other party food.
Stunned by his friends eagerness to join the party now left him grumbling to himself as he realized he was now alone in a house full of partying ponies who he had never met.

All the sudden he heard a familiar laugh coming from the other side of the room. His eyes quickly located the source and saw as Sorin was laughing over a prank he had just pulled on rainbow dash. He looked around and was grateful that nopony had recognized him from earlier and then a grin widened upon his face as he Realized he still owed Sorin payback for the previous day.

Content with his disguise he started slowly sneaking his way over running through plans in his head. All the sudden Kitran had returned with many dishes in his hands and tried to offer some of it but the dark Pegasus understood none of it since the stallion had a mouth full of food.

"No thanks, I'm fine." the dark Pegasus responded trying to refocus on his plans.

Kitran wasted no time as he surprised other random ponies and awkwardly offering food almost tripping over his own legs in the process.

The dark Pegasus just shook his head to his friends excitement and utter disregard for not attracting to much attention to himself. He then turned back to his target and continued making his way to the unsuspecting stallion.

Dash had just finished telling something to a very tall, white mare when he started executing his plan.

Pinkie bounced up to the table, shouting at everypony to follow her. She cheerfully bounced around the room in a zigzag pattern. Everypony in the room laughed, cheered and smiled. The party was indeed a great success, as always.

After a few embarrassing acts by a few stumbling ponies, the party started to disassemble.

The party was over, and everypony was happy.

The party... Was a success.

After a bit of small talk, the group headed for the cart so that they could get some well-needed sleep. The night cast a fine glow on the road back to the destination.

The day of the party had passed.



--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--