• Published 12th Nov 2016
  • 965 Views, 79 Comments

PMC's, War Economies, and Fillies? I didn't sign up for this! - Bronycommander



2014. War has changed. PMCs fight wars instead of regular armies. On patrol, a Praying Mantis PMC finds a surprise and the adventure of his life.

  • ...
5
 79
 965

Chapter 11 The search

Chapter 11: The search

Edward got ahead of Snake in Eastern Europe. He was still wearing his Pieuvre Armement PMC uniform as he stepped out of the train at a train station.

He should infiltrate the US-based Raven Sword PMC, to get Snake tactical information.

Once outside some PMC soldiers awaited him. “You’re Edward, right?” He nodded. “Sorry for what happened to your comrades but we’re welcome you in our comradeship. I get you your uniform, follow me.” He followed the soldier.

Changes his clothes, the young man now wore very heavy armor. Black, dark green, and gray pants, tactical jackets, and heavy tactical armor around his chest, legs, and hips, a helmet, shin guards, night vision goggles on top of the helmet, a headset and tactical goggles. And of course, a balaclava.

He used his Mk.17, GSR and Makarov in his second holster, the Mosin-Nagant was in his backpack.

Otacon told him that they looked for the body of another clone of Big Boss which was identical with him. If Liquid would get this body, he would be able to control the System. Edward only assisted Snake to free Noi from Liquid not for anything else.

2014, after a riot broke out near the U.S. Embassy in an Eastern European country over disagreements in regards to allowing the U.S. to build an oil pipeline, Raven Sword was deployed in Eastern Europe in order to quell the uprising, although it was rumored that the riot was actually instigated by their commander, Liquid Ocelot, specifically to have an excuse to get them deployed.

Six months later, it was later deployed to root out the Paradise Lost Army led by Big Mama. They set up many checkpoints and roadblocks as well placing a curfew in effect, thus making it much more difficult for the Paradise Lost Army to meet up. Officially, it was to protect the people against attacks, but in actuality it was because the Paradise Lost Army held Big Boss's remains, which their de-facto commander, Liquid Ocelot, needed to successfully hijack the SOP system. Edward knew that.

He didn’t knew who Big Mama was, but was sure he would meet her later.

As far as he was allowed to know, the Paradise Lost Army was an anti-Patriots group formed by Big Mama.

While guarding the train yard, he spotted a young man in a brown trench coat. Octopus’s FaceCamo. Sly move, Snake. The PMC soldier smirked.

However, Edward’s co-workers seemed to know his younger face too, as Snake reused to go through a check point.

“I said over here!” A PMC soldier grabbed Snake by the arm, he shoved it off.

They all aimed their weapons at him, Edward too to blend in.

“That’s enough.” Meryl came through the door. “I’ll take him from here.”

“But!” a soldier protested.

“We’ve been looking or this man.”

The PMCs lowered their weapons. “Yes, Ma’am.”

“Come with me.” Snake and Edward followed Meryl.

“The PMC’s sure seem to know you well enough,” Edward commented.

“You two may not believe it, but I’m in charge of overseeing all PMC activity. I must admit, you look good in the Raven Sword uniform but isn’t it too heavy for you?” Meryl asked.

“Thanks. The nanomachines increase my strength, so it isn’t too heavy for me. Have you heard what happened to Noi?”

Meryl looked sad at him. “Yes, my condolences. But her suffering will end tonight. After the President’s finally realized the danger Liquid’s little rebellion poses, he has called for immediate action.

I have a joint Army-Marines team mixed with the US forces here under my comment and on standby.”

While Edward thought it could work, Snake thought it is crazy to take Liquid by force that that they shouldn’t rely too much on the System.

Meryl then replied that for her, Snake was still a legend, a hero. She knew all about the things he did when he was young. It was what kept her going. Then she said that she couldn’t bear watching him die over something so pointless.

“Don’t worry about me. Old soldiers never die.” Snake took a draft from his cigarette, causing him to cough and his camo flickered for a few seconds.

Meryl took his hand. “Your cause is our cause now. You don’t have to do this.”

“I’m no hero…Never was. I’m just an old killer…Hired to do some wet work.”

Disappointed, Meryl leaved but not before warning Snake to stay out of her way and said to Edward, “I promise we will bring Noi back, you have my word. Stay safe.”

“I will.” He walked with Snake out.

Outside, they both talked to Otacon. Edward used a secure chancel, so the other soldiers wouldn’t notice that he talked to someone else on a different frequency.

“The resistance members are scheduled to convene at Big Mama’s hideout. So our best course of action is to follow their lead. Once you find them, tail them. Led them led you to Big Mama,” Otacon explained.

“And how are we supposed to find the resistance?” Snake asked.

“That’s where Edward comes in. The PMCs have laid a dragnet for resistance members that covers the entire town. They’re using SOP to notify each other by radio of any info collected during their searches. By intercepting those signals, you should be able to reach the resistance members’ locations in real time. Edward, you are disconnected but still can use the radio and heir their chatter. With that, you can tell Snake where the resistance is.”

“Yes I can. I scout ahead.”

“Do that, Edward. Oh, and Snake…” Edward couldn’t hear it as he cut the connection to scout ahead.


Onboard Outer Haven, a Kerykeion-class submersible battleship, which served Liquid as HQ, Broken Pony practiced in the Virtual Range.

“Take that! And that!” She fired her P90 at the virtual “enemies” used rockets, kicked or bucked them. For groups of enemies, she would either took control of them, making them killing each other, used her wings for a bombing run or used her scorpion-like tail as a ferocious melee weapon.

“That was fun! Can’t wait for the next carnage! She exclaimed happy before holding her head it pain.

You don’t need or want it. We just want to end it, that someone frees us from this suffering. A voice in her head voice to her.

Be quiet! I need it! To kill Snake! Only his death can free me!

Oh, really? What about Edward then?

“E-Edward…” the former young pony spoke out quietly before letting out a scream and passing out.

Liquid and Screaming Mantis had watched everything. “Her old personality interferes too much with her new one and objective. I must take care of that.”

“Do that, Mantis. She will be more effective that way.”

“What about Edward, that PMC that went rouge?”

“He’s no threat to us as he only wants to have Noi back. In fact, by helping Snake, he helped us without knowing it. I would like to meet him personally, as it is interesting that the nanomachines in his body can still operate while being disconnected. He is not to be harmed but make sure that her old personality doesn’t interfere anymore.” Liquid leaved.

The beast lifted the still unconscious filly over to her. “This won’t hurt a bit.” She touched the filly’s forehead with Mantis Doll.

Then she gently laid it down. “Wake up.”

Broken pony obeyed and got up with a yawn. “Where am I? What am I doing in this armor?” She looked around.

“Broken Pony.” Mantis voice was commanding and the foal stand at attention. “What do you feel towards Snake?”

“Rage against him and joy to see him suffer!” the small yet deadly soldier exclaimed.

“And towards Edward?”

“Sorrow and fear that I could accidently hurt or kill him.” Pony replied in a scared and sad voice.

“There is nothing to fear, we won’t hurt him. If you have to fight him, then fight him with non-lethal means. Now come, we need you to search for Big Boss’s corpse. Raven will come with you.”

“Okay. Last one is a rotten carrot!” While her old personality was no more, her childlike behavior was still there. The task in Eastern Europe would be difficult for her and Edward should they meet.

Author's Note:

Welcome in Eastern Europe! The search has begun, will they find what they're looking for?