• Published 12th Nov 2016
  • 962 Views, 79 Comments

PMC's, War Economies, and Fillies? I didn't sign up for this! - Bronycommander



2014. War has changed. PMCs fight wars instead of regular armies. On patrol, a Praying Mantis PMC finds a surprise and the adventure of his life.

  • ...
5
 79
 962

Chapter 9 The Hunter & the Hunted

Chapter 9: The Hunter & the Hunted

Edward and Snake moved out Snake leaned against a wall and coughed.

“You ok?” Edward asked worried as Snake nodded.

The young man used the scope to scan for FROGS and traps as Snake examined footprints.

Then he talked with someone on his Codec who told him about scouting. Snake said something about switching his eyepatch to infrared.

“We need to be careful. We can be the hunters, but also the hunted.” Edward suggested.

“Yes we should.” The two men got to a mountain trail, rough beaten path used for travel.

Edward spotted a PMC soldier relieving himself at a river. He gave Snake a sign to wait and sneaked up on his comrade.

“Ohh, oh yeah…”

After the soldier was done, Edward asked, “What are you doing?!”

A colorless exclamation mark appeared over the soldier’s head as he turned around startled. “Just a restroom break, sir!”

“Okay, but be alert, the enemy is near.” Just as Edward said this, Snake took the soldier with his tranquilizer gun out, Edward made sure that he wouldn’t fall into the water and drown.

Snake picked the M60E4 up, the ammo took a small robot which was very clumsy, much to Edward amusement.

He chuckled, “Is this little guy always so?”

Snake groaned and nodded.

At a bridge, the young soldier putted another soldier to sleep.

“Is this… a pink bra?” Edward examimated it as he saw a PMC Sniper in a hill not far away, who gave him a thump up. Returning it, he spotted a soldier in a shack. “Aren’t you supposed to be on guard duty?” He asked as the soldier was looking at a magazine.

“Uhh…yes sir!” He ran out, only to be knocked out by Snake who took his MP7.

Snake saw a patrolling soldier, his back to them. “This one’s mine.”

He sneaked up, said “Freeze!” and looked for items.

“Take it.” The PMC responded in a not impressed voice before he got knocked out.

One of the Items was a master key.

Edward stepped on a small crop circle and a voice started to speak in echoes.

“Something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go –

I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly… Suddenly, there was intensive light all around me –

And when I came to, I was home.”

“W-what was that?” Edward was shivering a little bit.

“Don’t know, don’t care.”

They crossed the river. Instead of Regular PMCs, they encountered Haven troops.

There was a cry of pain. "Come quickly, Snake. Save me! Here. I’m over here! Please, hurry!” it sounded like Naomi who was calm, which made Edward suspicious.

Something’s not right… There was a sound of beating.

“This is Naomi. Here. I’m over here! Save me!” Her voice looped “save me.”

It was an audio tape inside a shack, Snake turned it off.

After moving on, they came to what appeared to be platform with various hand prints on it. As Snake got on it, his suit adopted to it, much to Edward’s surprise. “Okay, I never thought it could do that.”

“Do you hear that?” Snake looked around.

“Yes. Sounds like a helicopter. There must be a heliport nearby.” He replied as the sound of a chopper could be heard in the distance.

Snake took a FROG with a DSR-1 Bullpup-style bolt-action sniper rifle out and took the weapon for himself.

Edward saw a mine shaft and the chopper noise got louder. “We must be close by.”

“I’m right behind you.”


Naomi prepared with Vamp, some PMC soldiers and Noi, now known as Broken Pony, to board a chopper which was a hybrid of the CH-53E Super Stallion and MH-47G Chinook.

She felt guilty and unsafe that she was responsible that the sweet, innocent child was now a cold and heartless war machine, capable of more destruction then the B&B Corps could do together. The foal showed no emotion under her armor when she was not with the other B&B members or in combat. But Naomi could faintly hear whimpering, as if Noi was scared and sad. It was the woman’s design who made the child like that. Like Vamp, it was one of her sins. But deep within, the child was still in there. Naomi knew that her old personality was buried somewhere under her new personality, waiting to be freed.

I promise Edward, I will do what I can to bring her back, even…if it means my own life. I owe you that for letting Liquid doing this to her.

“I planted all traps as ordered. Snake won’t know what hit him.” Pony laughed sadistic. The Nanomachines in Noi’s body regulated her strength and other senses, making her stronger than a foal of her age would be normally. Naomi doubted if Noi is herself again, that all nanomachines could be extracted from her body.

She hated herself for letting this happen. Noi was just a child. Ocelot had never done such a horrible and terrible thing to a child. But Liquid was different.

He would kill anything that stands in his way to reach his goal. But judging from his reaction when “interrogating” her, Naomi suspected that also Ocelot’s mind waited to be freed by someone.

Liquid talked on the phone with Vamp.

“Do it now, before we’re interrupted again.”

“We don’t know what will happen. Remember the last time…”

“I’m willing to make a few sacrifices.”

“As you wish. We’ll begin shortly.”

Out of nowhere, Vamp got shot into the head, spinning around but caught the phone in an impressing pose.

Alerted, the soldiers got out of the chopper and opened fire, while Noi stayed on board, firing with her built-in P90.

“We’ve got the go-ahead. Begin. We’ll use his blood. It could get intense…Brace yourselves. Shots, all of you. I’ll be taking a nap…” Vamp collapsed.

Naomi held gently Noi’s hoof as she gave her the shot.


Edward noticed how the PMC soldiers got headaches and collapsed. No! Not again!

He collapsed. “Daddy! The syringe!” He heard Noi exclaiming and gave himself a shot, then rushed over to Snake to give him a shot.

Naomi looked in shock and horror at the screaming and collapsing soldiers.

“It’s not working…The emotional controls aren’t stable enough yet.”

“Oh my…” Broken Pony felt sorry for them and watched in pity.

3 Gekkos arrived at the scene. They pinned Snake and Edward down.

To their surprise, Drebin's Stryker rammed a Gekko and stopped under the Heli, allowing Naomi to jump down. Noi was still too shocked at the sign to stop her.

“Get in!” Drebin shouted as the turret covered Naomi, Snake and Edward as they got in.

As Drebin drove away, they never expected that Vamp had survived, or that escaping will be difficult as the shutdown had an Undesirable side effect.

Broken Pony looked down at the chaos. “Stay safe, Edward."

Author's Note:

What could that mean? You will see.