• Published 12th Nov 2016
  • 963 Views, 79 Comments

PMC's, War Economies, and Fillies? I didn't sign up for this! - Bronycommander



2014. War has changed. PMCs fight wars instead of regular armies. On patrol, a Praying Mantis PMC finds a surprise and the adventure of his life.

  • ...
5
 79
 963

Chapter 10 Escaping South America

Chapter 10: Escaping South America

Edward and Snake got on top of the Stryker to get rid of any pursuer. The young PMC soldier manned the MG.

Drebin drove to the Mansion. To their surprise, PMC soldiers were here, but engaged in destructive behavior, acting in a zombie-like fashion, letting out zombie-like groans.

“What happened to them?” Snake used CQC to take the PMC soldiers out non-lethal as they climbed on the APC.

“I think it has something to do with their Nanomachines. My guess is they became unstable, damaging the frontal lobe of the soldiers' brains, and impairing their speech and emotions, Incapable of feeling pain.” Edward suggested.

“The emotional patterns they're displaying are definitely not normal. Intense anger, fear, sadness - all clear off the charts.” A female voice Edward didn’t knew was on his radio.

“Oh shit!” Drebin exclaimed as powered suits breached the gate, blocking the way. Like their comrades, they became overwhelmed by their formerly suppressed emotions, and attacking their own comrades as well as Drebin’s Stryker.

The PMC soldiers we not able to use their weapons effectively anymore. They tended to wave them around and randomly pulled the trigger indiscriminately.

Edward couldn’t bring himself to kill his own comrades. Fortunate for him, the powered suits opened a way for Drebin before they could attack the APC.

“All right. We’re good to go!” the gun launderer drove to the Containment Facility, Gekko were in their way.

“Gekko!? They must really like us! Edward, do something!”

The Gekko were no match for the MG. Snake took care of the “Zombie” PMCs.

Some Gekko tried to ram the APC but were gunned down before they could do so by Edward.

“You the man, Edward!” He blushed as Drebin drove to the power station.

“Oh shit! Whoa. We got am MGS on our ass!” MGS was short for “Mobile Gun System”, a Stryker that used a 105 mm cannon as main weapon.

The MGS missed 2 shots as Drebin drove past, grazing it.

The gate to the High Woodlands Highway was closed, but a missile destroyed it.

Edward looked up, Broken Pony was the one had had destroyed it, flying by using her wings.

She didn’t turn around nor attacked them. I could be wrong, but her old personality seems to be still in her, wanting to help me. That gave Edward hope that there was a way to save Noi.

“Get ready for some speed!” The Stryker drove onto the Highway but more Gekko blocked the way again.

“They can’t hit what they can’t catch!” Drebin turned around to evade them but another MGS appeared and rammed them.

“Outta my way!” Drebin rammed the MGS into the side. “I said move it!”

They came to a cliff. “Hang on! It’s gonna get bumpy!” Drebin rammed the MGS down the cliff, almost falling down too. The Stryker threatened to fall down the cliff but with the all-wheel drive, it got back on the street again.

“Up front! Here they come!” Drebin warned as more Gekko appeared.

After Edward destroyed them and the way was free, he got into the Stryker with Snake again.

At the Marketplace, they got thrown around in the APC, as Drebin evaded Gekko as good as he could. But eventually, he crashed on his APC on the side.

Snake helped Naomi out, Edward was dazed, holding his head with the left hand, the Mk.17 in the other. He secured the outside.

The young Brite briefly chuckled with Drebin, as Naomi and Snake held the monkey similar to a famous photograph.

Gekko swept the market, looking for them. “Raiden.” Snake said as a person wearing a coat on a roof.

He jumped down to face the Gekko.

“Let’s get out of here!” Edward yelled as he saw the Gekko.

Naomi was slowed down by her shoes, so she got rid of them.

“Edward, escort Naomi and go ahead.”

“Roger, Snake. Let’s go Naomi, I keep you safe.”

As Raiden kept the Gekko busy, and they saw Edward as ally and Naomi as civilian, they got through the Marketplace without problems. Civilians fled in panic from the Gekko but stayed unharmed by the machines.

Otacon landed the chopper, the Mk.II helped the woman onboard by acting as stair while the young man secured the area. As Snake caught up, he picked the robot up and got onboard too. Otacon took off.

“Vamp!" Naomi exclaimed.

They saw from above how Raiden was restrained by Gekko, Vamp moving closer to him. He took his coat off, took his knife out, licked it and said, “Yet again, our paths cross.”

Snake aimed the DSR-1 down the scope, waiting for the perfect moment to fire.

Vamp rammed his blade into Raiden’s chest, followed by a strong punch of Broken Pony, he shrugged it off.

“You, too…immortal?” Vamp asked.

“No. I just don’t fear death,” Raiden replied not scared at all.

“You don’t fear death? You’re no fun!” Pony exclaimed angry before Snake took the shot, freeing Raiden.

He spun the Gekko around, Vamp ducked, Noi too with a shriek, cowering, body pressed into the ground.

Raiden attacked Vamp who dodged every attack. He did a kick as counterattack, sending Raiden towards Broken Pony who did a very strong buck into his back.

Then, Vamp pinned the Ninja to the ground and Pony edited him with punched into the face before retreating and letting Vamp do the rest.

However, the Ninja stabbed Vamp into the chest. “Yes…Could you be the one to finally finish me?” Vamp taunted before he collapsed.

Raiden looked around, the pony was nowhere to be found, so he got onboard the chopper.

As always, Vamp survived as Broken Pony joined him.

He got his phone. “Boss, she got away. Are you sure about this?”

“It’s all part of the plan.”

“The test was a failure. Even with his code.”

“As I feared. It’s not pure enough. We need all of him.”

“The PMCs we deployed have suffered brain damage. Nothing salvageable remains. Our only remaining option is to secure the original.”

“I know that. It’s only a matter of time. We’re working as fast as we can to find their hiding place. I need you two there.” Vamp hung up.

“You heard him. Let’s go.”

“Yes, sir. And then, we will destroy Snake once and for all!”


Inside the chopper, Raiden was hurt pretty badly.

Edward helped Naomi to stop the bleeding.

“Vamp…he’s got to be immortal.” Otacon was disgusted.

“No. He’s not immortal at all. It was my design that caused his body to be like that. The nanomachines in his body cause his wounds to close and heal at an accelerated rate.

Someone took the basic nanomachine technology I once researched and perfected it. In a sense, I’m responsible for Vamp. He’s one of my sins. I brought a monster into this world…And I, too, am…” Raiden got a seizure.

Naomi said he would need an infusion of artificial blood to survive as he lost too much blood.

Before Raiden passed out, he managed to say, “Europe…Go meet…Big Mama.”


Otacon introduced himself and showed Edward the Nomad. The young man heard singing after the tour was over and the smell of eggs being cooked.

Walking into the kitchen, He saw how Naomi helped Sunny with cooking and putted a flower into her hair.

“There. See Sunny? Us girls have to look our best.”

“Her name…was Olga.“ Sunny looked at a picture. “My mother.”

Steam came out of the pot. “It’s going to burn. Hold on.” Naomi took Sunny’s hand and helped her to get the eggs on the plate. “And…There. Done!”

“Thanks…” Sunny smiled, Edward too on the doorway, not being noticed by the two.

“We did a great job.” They laughed as the kitchen timer ringed.

“Indeed you did.” They looked surprised at Edward.

“Oh…hello… Mr. Smith…I…. made some eggs for you.” She handled the plate over to him.

“Please, Edward is just fine. And you can be proud of yourself.” He ate them with a smile.

“Very delicious.”

“Thanks. Edward…can I ask… how is Noi?”

Edward smile vanished and got replaced with sorrow. He took a deep breath.

“Noi…she’s a cute innocent child, just like you. She has a sister, and friends, but no parents as they died while she was still a baby, she saw her sister as mother and sees me as father. But after Liquid kidnapped her…she became something that I never thought would be possible.” He sounded disgusted

“Well… I would like to meet her.”

Edward smiled again. “I’m sure she would like to meet you too. Liquid… he…” the man struggled to get the right words,” made a cold-blooded war machine out of her, killing for fun, laughing and enjoying it.”

Sunny gasped in shock. “No…I…hope there is…a way to safe her.” She hugged him.

“Me too, me too.”


After this happy conversation, Edward inspected and cleaned his weapons, while Naomi and Otacon talked about that Liquid was in Eastern Europe and that Big Boss’s genetic code and biometric date were the keys to the System.

He also heard that the shutdowns were tests, the first in the Middle East with Liquid’s genetic code and DNA, the second in South America with Snake’s code and DNA.

As Snake asked why he would need the original, Naomi replied that neither his or Liquid’s code were a 100% match for Big Boss’s.

That made Snake cough, so Snake patted his back. “You okay?” he asked with concern.

Snake nodded before asking Naomi, “What do you mean we don’t match?”

Edward didn’t listen anymore as his mind was blown that Snake and Liquid were clones of his father’s boss. Never thought of that! He was amazed and surprised.

However, this gave him a headache, so he tried to catch some sleep.

Before falling asleep, he heard Sunny exclaim “Uh-uh! This is a no-smoking flight!”

Noi would react like that too, no doubt, and she will like Sunny for sure! The young man drifted off to sleep, to be ready for Eastern Europe, unaware that the young filly he once knew, would no longer exist.

Author's Note:

They're escaped South America, what will them expect in Eastern Europe?