• Published 19th Nov 2016
  • 4,862 Views, 442 Comments

What is a Tatzlpony? - Skylight77



Fluttershy discovers a creature she's never seen before. It looks like Rainbow Dash, but it looks off. And why does she feel so strange taking care of it?

  • ...
26
 442
 4,862

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: "Interrogation"

“Who is your client?” That was the first question Fluttershy asked after Rainbow removed the tape. Clang grunted and rubbed his mouth a few times before answering.

“You’re kidding, right?” he said. “You think that just because you captured me, I would just tell you?” Nopony responded. They just stared at each other with their stern faces. “My client doesn’t want me revealing who they are. And as long as I am in their payroll, you’re not getting it from me.”

Fluttershy responded. “But you were hired to capture Rainbow Dash and now look what’s happened. Doesn’t that mean your job… failed?”

Clang raised an eyebrow. “Yeah? So?”

Fluttershy didn’t know how to follow that up, so she tried a different approach. “Why does your client want to capture Rainbow Dash so badly?”

Clang gave an irritated sigh. “I told you. My client wanted her capture because she was a very dangerous creature to us pony kind.”

“But Clang, look at what’s happened. Look at yourself.” Fluttershy pointed to his body. “Rainbow Dash grabbed you and swallowed you whole. Then she took you with us and here you are now, unharmed. If a tatzlpony is as dangerous as you say, wouldn’t you be…” Fluttershy gulped. “Well… … Right now?”

Clang just raised an eyebrow. “Do you really think it’s that simple? Or are you just trying to avoid the obvious?” Fluttershy opened her mouth and tried to respond. But her mouth just froze open. “How did you feel when you saw what that tatzlpony did to me?” Her eyes shrunk. She couldn’t deny that she was terrified of Clang’s fate, despite what he had done.

Clang picked himself up, and for some reason repeated something. “A few days ago, a special type of flower was discovered in the Everfree Forest. What is this flower? I don’t care. But my client certainly does.” He picked his hoof up and stared at it. “This flower attracted this very creature, and soon took the life of somepony very important to my client.” His eyes turned to Fluttershy, giving her a dark glare. “They told me just how dangerous a tatzlpony can be, as a warning to what my mission would risk. My own life could've been given that same fate. Can you look me in the eyes and claim to believe that any of this is true?”

Fluttershy didn’t answer. She didn’t know how to, but the question still made her nervous.

“Of course you can’t. Because if it doesn’t matter to you, there’s no reason to feel fear.” Clang turned his head and smiled. “Their is a spark of truth hidden behind chains within everypony's heart. Fear releases those chains withholding the truth, whether they know it or not. Would you like to know what I saw in yours?” Fluttershy’s breath stuttered. “Uncertainty of your claims. You claim that a tatzlpony isn’t dangerous just because it didn't harm me when it had the chance. What do you know about a tatzlpony? You’re still afraid of that harmful act even now, aren’t you?”

Fluttershy’s breathing got really heavy. “B-But Rainbow Dash, is not a tatzlpony. She may be one now, but she wasn’t… She was a pony just like me and you. She was…” The moment she took a glance at Rainbow Dash, she could see the fear in her heart, the fear of being…

“A dangerous creature who took the life of somepony very close to my client.” Clang finished for her. “The look of desperation, the fear that my client held, whether you believe me or not, those words held true.” A chuckle escaped his mouth while Fluttershy’s eyes shrunk. Rainbow’s ears fell flat as her fears of her form grew larger. “Whether on purpose or not, that’s what it caused. You wouldn’t want that to happen again, now would you? Hmhmhm. Heh-AAAHHH!!!”

Fluttershy flinched when a loud rip sounded, causing Clang to yell really loudly in the middle of his chuckle. Looking down to Clang’s side, she saw Angel with a strip of duct tape in his paw. It seemed to contain more hairs from Clang’s coat.

“Angel! Stop that!” Fluttershy scolded. While Clang looked to Angel with a grumble, Angel looked to Fluttershy, annoyed. “We are trying to talk here and you are making things difficult. Now apologize to Clang right now!”

But Angel refused. He rapidly shook his head then pointed a paw to Clang. With his paws, he made a motion of grabbing something, squeezing it tightly and shaking it in his grip with a mean face. Then he took one of his paws, and slammed it hard on where he was holding. Placing both paws on his head, he cried out, dropping down to the ground while rubbing the back of his head. After a few rubs, he got up, clenched his paws together. A sorrowful look in his eyes was made when he shook those paws towards Fluttershy, and then went back to mean. His paw pointed to Clang, and he finished by shaking his head one more time.

When Angel finished his charade, Fluttershy released a small gasp. Rainbow Dash was looking at him with eyes of awe. Somehow, she understood him just as well as Fluttershy did. It was a very familiar feeling, and it made her heart warm up from her worries.

“What in Equestria was that?” Clang asked, not even sure if he wanted to know. Fluttershy slowly turned her head to him.

“Angel… wants you to apologize to me… for hitting my head.”

Clang’s expression didn’t change. He only blinked, then responded. “You’ve got to be kidding me…”

Fluttershy shook her head. “Tell me you’re sorry, and then Angel will apologize to you.”

Clang snorted. “What is this?! A day care centEEERRR?!” Another rip sounded, making Clang yell really loudly in pain once again. He immediately lashed out towards Angel, but Angel slipped out of the cage well before he responded. As a result, he slammed into the bars again, reaching his hooves out for that bunny while yelling.

“Please Clang. Don’t let this be-”

“THAT’S IT! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS TOWN!” Clang exploded in his rage. “This whole town is nothing but crazy! Ever since I came here, I have been bombarded with ponies that are ridiculous, brain dead, massively chaotic, or all of the above!” Clang threw his back hooves against the bars to let out his frustration, causing a loud clang to sound and pierce Fluttershy’s ears. “I thought my client was bad enough, until I met that old hag. I mean her solution to silence the loud noises going on in her neighborhood is to blow it up! AAAHHH!!!”

Another rip came from Clang’s flank, causing him to yell. “And this stupid bunny-” as he was yelling, he tried stomping Angel, but Angel left the cage. “-is where I draw the line! What kind of bunny with a name like that is more assertive than its own master?!”

Fluttershy gasped. “Hey! It’s not nice to make fun of-” she stopped speaking when she noticed Angel was trying to get her attention. He was jumping up and down and repeatedly pointing at Clang. “What is it Angel? I’m trying to talk to him.”

Angel’s ears went down and he frowned. Using a different approach, he hopped over to the couch and pulled something behind it. It was a Bit, which he set aside, pointed at Clang again, then held the Bit in both paws, pointing to Clang’s direction.

Confused, Fluttershy jumped to her first conclusion. “Paying Clang?” she asked. Angel followed it up by pulling out a piece of paper. The paper had nothing on it, but Angel placed the Bit on it, pointing to Clang, then motion the paper and Bit forwards. “You want to… hire Clang? For what?” Angel shook his head. “No?” He motioned the paper forward again, set it down, then moved to the opposite side of that paper. He closed his eyes, bowed his head, then took the paper. Then he pointed at Clang again.

“Well… yes, he was hired but…” Angel interrupted by shaking his head again. He pointed to Clang, motioned the paper forwards, then dropped and raised his paws in a shrugging gesture. “Why was he hired? He was hired to capture Rainbow Dash, because she’s-” Another interruption by Angel shrugging his head. “Still no?” Angel repeated his motions once again. But as he gestured the paper forwards, he made a strange twitch and a silly face as he dropped the paper. As he went to the other side of the paper, he made a disturbed face, then bowed his head and took the paper. Turning to Fluttershy, he shrugged his paws again.

Fluttershy’s eyes widened as she realized what Angel was getting at. This wasn’t a question he was asking to her, but to Clang. She turned to Clang. “Clang… Angel is asking why did you take this job.”

Clang’s eyebrow was practically stuck being raised. He had watched that whole performance and it weirded him out the whole way. “What is going on here?” He asked, ignoring the earlier question. “I thought they said you could communicate with animals, not play charades with them. Or is that what they really meant?”

“Please answer the question Clang,” Fluttershy responded. She took a glance at Angel again to make sure she was on the right track. Angel made the silly twitched face again for just a second. “You mentioned that your client was crazy.” Angel suddenly made a tantrum by stomping up and down and making angry noises. “But you couldn’t stand all the crazy things happening to you since coming to Ponyville. Why did you-” interrupting herself to glance at Angel, she saw Angel nodding his head, signaling her to keep going. “-accept the job?”

While this was going on, Rainbow Dash’s ears raised, feeling like they heard something. And it sounded like it was behind them. When she took a look, her immediate attention was brought to the window. It almost looked like something was there and hid as soon as she looked. Curious, she walked over there to take a look.

“Oh, I get it…” Clang said in a slow voice. “Yes, I think my client is just as crazy as everypony else in this town, yet I still accepted their request. And you want to know why.” His eyes turned down and his expression changed. It looked like he was slightly clenching his teeth.

Fluttershy blinked her eyes in confusion. Clang’s demeanor suddenly took a drastic change. But when she looked at his eyes, she gasped inside. His eyes were changing expressions in deep thought. This didn’t make any sense. Was he distracted by something? Why did it look he was having an inner conflict with himself?

Clang’s expressions suddenly stopped when he noticed Fluttershy staring. He snorted and turned his body away. Fluttershy’s expression turned to concern. Angel’s mean expression softened. Rainbow Dash turned away from the window, noticing the awkward silence.

“You want to know more about my client?” Clang suddenly stated. Nopony else said anything or moved. “That flower that was discovered… My client has an absurd obsession with it.” He turned his head back to them. “They treat this flower like it’s the most important flower in Equestria. And if anything had happened to me, return to this flower they said.”

Clang suddenly turned his body towards them with a fierce stomp. “Well HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT?!” he yelled, making Fluttershy and Angel flinch while Rainbow rushed to their sides. “The thing that happened to me was being locked in this cage! What was a tatzlpony gonna do to me that would remotely warrant me having to return to that flower!?” He paused to release a few heavy breaths from his mouth as his eyes shook. “...Everything they said was complete nonsense. But their tone held serious with every detail. About the tatzlpony’s swallowing capabilities, about their ability to survive even timberwolves…” He eyes Fluttershy directly. “About you…”

The silhouette in the window returned to listen in on the conversation. The curiosity got the better of them and two more heads popped up to watch.

“They didn’t just tell me to capture this tatzlpony. They told me specifically, to keep it away from you.”

Fluttershy gasped at that mention. Rainbow blinked her eyes and bopped her head. Angel twisted his head in confusion. And all three silhouettes ears twitched.

“My client lost somepony very important to them. They were convinced that if this thing stayed in your hooves, this whole disaster would repeat. The way they described you made that sound like complete nonsense. But after experiencing you myself, I now understand…”

Rainbow felt a sudden surge course through her body from Clang’s words. That surge, she didn’t like that feeling. It was making her mad.

“The way you raise your animals… the vengeful personality this rabbit has… that desire this tatzlpony has to defend you by any means necessary…” He pointed to Angel and Rainbow Dash as he mentioned them. Fluttershy’s ears fell because Rainbow Dash was snorting and stepping closer. “There’s a hidden demon inside of you that you can’t control… the demon that would raise animals to do your defending because you can’t do it yourself.”

Rainbow Dash was starting to growl while Fluttershy was getting scared. “N-No… I would never…”

“You wouldn’t, but your animals would,” Clang cut in, smiling. “They would do whatever has to be done so that you won’t have to do it yourself! You think you can escape the guilt of hurting somepony for hurting you, by letting your animals do it for you?!”

Fluttershy breathed heavily at Clang’s words. She could see Rainbow’s wings getting restless at their sides. “T-That’s not r-right… R-R-Rainbow Dash-”

“Don’t try to hide it. I saw that demon inside you when you looked at me with those eyes. Your fear reveals more truth than your words. And they say-”

Rainbow Dash’s temper snapped at that moment. Her wings ignited and launched her straight towards the cage. Fluttershy and Clang gasped while Angel yelped and quickly hopped out of the way. All eyes snapped closed when Rainbow’s hind hooves slammed against the cage, causing a violent bell to ring across the entire cottage and its garden, followed by a loud crash. The sound scared off all the animals playing in the garden. Every single one went into sheds or nearby dens to hide, whether it was their living quarters or not.

Three ponies outside the cottage winced while their bodies were hidden beneath the window’s view. When the ringing had stopped, they all brought their heads up to the window, wishing they hadn’t missed what happened.

Author's Note:

Had to skip another week of updates because of how difficult it was to write these conversations. And this scene still isn't even done, my gosh... I originally expected this entire scene to just be 1 chapter. Now it's going to 3.

--
Find any errors? Please notify.

Feed back and criticism are appreciated.

Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoy.

PreviousChapters Next