• Published 19th Nov 2016
  • 4,862 Views, 442 Comments

What is a Tatzlpony? - Skylight77



Fluttershy discovers a creature she's never seen before. It looks like Rainbow Dash, but it looks off. And why does she feel so strange taking care of it?

  • ...
26
 442
 4,862

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 51: Talk

Silence. The afternoon sun shined high in the Equestrian skies. Nothing but the wind blowing across the fields could be heard. As long as that sun kept moving, it was a sign that Equestria was still at peace.

But just because Equestria was at peace, that did not mean that there was no storm somewhere in it. To this pony, when it was this quiet, he expected that storm to come at any time. In fact, the storm was already happening.

Actually, it was because it was so quiet that this storm was happening to him already. After escaping from Ponyville, he traveled far to get here. The journey wasn’t his storm, but rather, his destination. A single building which seemed to be stationed in the middle of nowhere. No towns or cities nearby. Just a couple trees and a lake.

After opening the door and inviting himself inside, a single pony was somewhere inside to greet him. He didn’t see them, but he knew they’d be here. And it wasn’t until the door slowly closed behind him that he was greeted.

“Almond Clang…” they said. “What happened to the others?” Pause. “Renard Strike... and X?”

Clang looked back and snorted in frustration. “I’d like to know myself. It’s been a week and I haven’t heard from either of them.”

The pony Clang was talking to stepped out in the open. When they did, Clang spoke their name.

“Jenkel…”

___

The day had come and gone. If the roles were reversed, this would be considered their morning call. Rainbow Dash was the first to twitch under the light of the sunset. Feeling very sore and groggy, she opened her eyes to it. She lightly gasped and sat up as she witnessed what time it was.

“Whoa! Sunset already?” Rainbow could feel Fluttershy’s head against her stomach after sitting up. Fluttershy twitched in response and opened her eye as well.

“W-What? Sunset?” Fluttershy asked. With the help of her wing, Rainbow gently pushed Fluttershy’s head to lay back against the tatzlwurm behind them.

“Yeah…” Rainbow responded. Groaning, she placed both hooves against her stomach to compress it and stand up. X was still asleep inside. “Looks like our sleep schedule’s gonna be pretty out of whack for a while.” She took a quick look around to examine her surroundings. After confirming there were no current threats in the area, she looked to Fluttershy. “How ya feeling?”

Fluttershy took in a deep breath before responding. “Better. I still feel weak, but no longer in pain from the toxin.”

“That’s good,” Rainbow said with a smile. “And your eye?”

Fluttershy's ears fell. "I don't know. It hurts a lot when I try to move. But... I can't feel it otherwise..."

Rainbow sighed sadly. “Here. Let me get a vine to tie that with so you don’t hafta keep holding it like that.” She turned to look for the closest vine she could find. Thankfully, there was still enough light to see, so it didn’t take her long to find one. Although she cringed harshly as a sharp sting shot up on her injured hind hoof. Taking that first step was a bit more painful than she expected. But after adjusting herself, she was able to handle it.

Rainbow pulled the vine and cut it with her teeth before bringing it to Fluttershy. “Here,” she said. “This outta make things easier.” Fluttershy lifted her head so that Rainbow could wrap the vine around the back of her head and over her eye. Her foreleg was finally able to drop and relax itself. But then, her stomach growled harshly. It was quite a painful one that made her groan.

“Whoa… You sure you’re okay?” Rainbow asked. “Sounded like you could really use something to eat.”

Fluttershy frowned. “We ran out of food two days ago. The only thing I’ve had to eat since then was the Alpine.”

“Well don’t worry. I’ll find ya something to eat right now. I’m sure there’s gotta be something around here.”

Concern filled Fluttershy’s good eye. “But what about you?”

Rainbow looked back at her questioningly. “What about me?” For some reason, Fluttershy couldn’t find herself to say what she wanted to say. When Rainbow realized Fluttershy wasn’t gonna answer, she continued. “Just sit tight okay? I shouldn’t be too long.”

Although when Rainbow looked ahead, she wasn’t exactly confident in her words of not taking long. That fire burned away most of their surrounding areas. If there was any food nearby, they were probably lost in the fire. A quick whiff in the air told her none of those berries were nearby either. She had to move further, far enough to where Fluttershy could no longer see her.

At least there was still light outside, but it wasn’t gonna last much longer. She looked around for even signs that some of these trees had some type of food growing. Berries, mushrooms, flowers, anything.

Rainbow blinked. Something caught her attention, but it wasn’t any of the above. From one of the bushes, she could see a bird nest that had fallen onto it. The bird that was using this nest was nowhere in sight. But looking closer caused Rainbow to gasp lightly. She saw three eggs scattered along the bush. Some inside, some underneath. None of them were broken though.

“Maybe…” Rainbow decided to gather these eggs to feel them. All three of them were hard, cold, and still a little damp from the rain. “It looks like this will have to do. But I’m gonna need a fire.” She decided to use the nest to make them easier to carry. After that, she looked around to find a way to start a fire. If the twiitermites were still around, she probably could’ve used their help.

As Rainbow was looking around, she suddenly stopped and blinked. Something about this area felt strange to her. It was strange because for some reason, it felt familiar. But why? Her instincts took her to a scorched up graving on the floor. When she looked at it closer, she realized, those weren’t fire burns. They were…

Rainbow’s mouth dropped, making her drop the nest with the eggs rolling off. Looking up, she now recognized where this area was. A silhouette of something huge replayed in her memory. This wasn't the first time this memory replayed for her, so she knew what it was this time. It was the tatzlwurm. And who was it holding? The Rescuer from the first day she was turned into a tatzlpony.

Rainbow could see the image of the tatzlwurm clearing up. The scales were dark blue, its head was light blue, and its tail was red. But for some reason, the image of the rescuer was still coming out as a silhouette. She tried to remember, but something snapped in her mind.

Rainbow suddenly had to squeeze her eyes hard. “A-Ahh…” And then, her head screamed out in pain. “AAAHHH!!!” She dropped to the floor and placed both hooves on the sides of her head. The pain was harsh, but quickly faded away and left her gasping for breath. It felt like a sudden serious case of a headache. Yet the source didn’t seem to come from her bruise.

When Rainbow was able to open her eyes again, she looked back up, thinking of the image that she saw. Nothing changed. Her Rescuer still appeared as a silhouette to her. For some reason, she just couldn’t remember what she looked like at all.

“Rainbow Dash!” Rainbow heard Fluttershy cry out from the distance. ”Where are you?! What happened?!” She figured Fluttershy must’ve heard her screams of pain earlier. Before she went back, she took one more look at where the image was again. It was probably a better idea not to try that again, else she’d suffer another migraine, probably even worse. After picking the nest back up and gathering the dropped eggs, she walked back to Fluttershy.

Apparently the sun had set at some point. Rainbow didn’t even notice until now. So it was too dark to see again. But Fluttershy’s voice led her in the right direction, so getting back wasn’t an issue. When she came within view, Fluttershy breathed a sigh of relief.

“Oh thank goodness. I heard you screaming earlier, and I thought…” Fluttershy suddenly paused when she took notice of what Rainbow was carrying and bringing to her. When Rainbow reached her and started placing them down, she asked. “Is that…” When she saw that they were eggs, she gasped. “Rainbow! You didn’t-” That was when Rainbow yelped and cut her off at the implication.

“Gack! No Fluttershy! That wasn’t why I was screaming earlier.” When it looked like Fluttershy was okay with that answer, she continued. “I found the nest dropped on a bush. All of its eggs fell out. I think they’ve been there for a while.”

Fluttershy took a look down at the eggs Rainbow presented. After a little grunt, she reached over to feel them. Sure enough, they were cold and damp. If eggs like these weren’t kept warm, they would never hatch on their own. And at this state, they already had no chance, even if they were warmed up again.

“Oh…” Fluttershy said as she closed her eye. If this had been a few years ago, she’d probably be crying right now. It was just another part of the cycle of life that she accepted. She only hoped that it wasn’t because of the fire earlier that this happened.

“I’ll get a fire ready,” Rainbow said. But Fluttershy stopped her.

“Wait. What were you screaming about earlier?” As if on cue, Fluttershy’s stomach rumbled again, causing her to groan.

“I’ll tell you later. You need food now.” Fluttershy wasn’t able to reply. So Rainbow went into looking on how she was gonna start a small campfire.

___

At this point, Rainbow was really surprising herself with what she could do with her tatzlpony body. After gathering some sticks, she was able to press her tail into them, which she then twisted and twirled fast enough to heat up the sticks and start a fire. Although, she did end up getting her tail burned for a little while because she wasn’t expecting that to work. It was just another idea that came from her instincts.

It wasn’t gonna be the most pleasant thing, but Fluttershy suggested using a flat rock to place the eggs on for them to cook. When they were done, Rainbow used a leaf to scoop them, then walked to Fluttershy and set them down.

“Let me help you up,” Rainbow said. Fluttershy held out her hoof for Rainbow to grab to help her sit up straight and see the eggs in front of her. They weren’t the most pleasant looking eggs, but given the conditions, not too bad looking. “You better start eating. It might not be much, but it’s better than nothing.”

Fluttershy looked up at her with worry. “But what about you?”

Rainbow sighed in frustration. “Come on, Fluttershy! You asked that already! Just eat!”

Fluttershy’s ears drooped. “But…”

“Look, if I tell you why I was screaming earlier, will you start eating?”

In her mind, Fluttershy asked why there had to be so many complications right now. That wasn’t the point she was trying to get at, but it would answer another confusion in her mind. Defeated, she just nodded.

Rainbow closed her eyes for a few seconds and took a deep breath. She then started. “You know, there’s actually something else that I haven’t been telling you yet. It’s about the Spellcaster and I think you should know.” Fluttershy’s curiosity suddenly peaked. “Do you remember when X shot that rattlesnake at you before taking me away.”

A nervous gulp and nod came from Fluttershy. "You mean, Sly?"

"Um... yeah," Rainbow responded. “Well after that happened, I had a dream about the Spellcaster that felt more like a memory. Something that I didn’t remember before. I was in her cabin with a chain to my leg and tape on my mouth. Before she came to me, she seemed to be talking with somepony else. I didn’t see who it was, but she told them to leave before she came to talk to me.”

Fluttershy interrupted to ask. “Did you see what she looked like?” Then she took her first bite out of the eggs.

“Sorry, no. The room was dark. But I did see her eyes though. They were red. ...Not... monster-like red, just a normal pony’s red. I did see cracks in them like she was stressed out. And when she was talking to me, it… sounded like she had no tone, but at the same time, didn’t sound normal.”

Fluttershy took another bite out of the eggs as she listened. “Anyway, when she was done talking to me, she started casting that spell on me that seemed to be what turned me into a tatzlpony. But just before she did that, she gave me a shot.”

Fluttershy harshly swallowed and that and almost started choking. After clearing her throat, she asked. “A s-shot?! What kind of shot?”

“No idea." Rainbow tilted her head. "It was on my neck, and she gave me it just before casting that spell. It might have something to do with that.”

Fluttershy pondered back to when she took Rainbow to Twilight during Day Three. “Maybe it had something to prevent you from turning back…” she said. “It looked like Twilight’s counter-spell worked that day. But the next day you changed back.”

For some reason, Rainbow just snorted before continuing. It didn’t go unnoticed by Fluttershy and concerned her. “So when she was casting that spell on me, she looked shocked. I could hear a heartbeat. And then… she just started screaming.”

Fluttershy’s mouth dropped at that. She unconsciously took another bite out of the eggs.

“It looked like she suddenly couldn’t control her magic. It just burst and sent her flying back. I felt my body changing after that. It looked like I was in pain, but I can’t remember. The last thing I remember seeing… and hearing was...” Rainbow just pointed to the tatzlwurm as her answer, which Fluttershy glanced at. “Sounded like it was also suffering.”

Fluttershy frowned at that. As she was looking at it, there was something else that came to mind. “You said you saw her talking to somepony else before talking to you. Do you remember them saying anything before they left?”

“They didn’t say anything, but…” Rainbow started. “It did look like they were hesitant to leave though.”

That made Fluttershy realize something. “Maybe whoever that was, could’ve been the Rescuer?”

Rainbow seemed to go into deep thought for a moment. “I’m not sure. There’s something about her that I just don’t understand…”

Fluttershy blinked in confusion. “‘Her’?” She wasn’t sure who Rainbow was referring to.

Rainbow turned around to look in the direction she saw that image. “My Rescuer... the place where I last saw her was over there. When I realized that, I tried to remember how she looked, and…” A long pause happened. When Fluttershy tried taking another bite of the eggs, she noticed that there was none left. A gasp of guilt escaped her. She didn’t want to eat all of them herself.

“Well… that was why I was screaming earlier,” Rainbow finished. This distracted Fluttershy’s guilt of eating the eggs herself.

“Huh?” Fluttershy asked.

“My Rescuer. I tried to remember how she looked. But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t. My head just hurt so much when I tried to remember. I can remember clearly what it was that attacked her. I just can’t remember how she looked.” Rainbow turned around to Fluttershy’s direction.

“But the weirdest thing is... when I try and think about both of them… I don’t feel anything…”

Fluttershy glanced down at the empty leaf she had in her hooves. She didn’t want to change the topic, so she set it aside and asked. “What do you mean?”

Rainbow scrunched her face, trying to figure out how to explain it. “I feel… nothing. Like the Spellcaster’s tone. Um…” She cleared her throat. “Like when I left my Rescuer to face that monster alone, I didn’t feel guilty for leaving her. I wasn’t worried for her, happy that she came to my rescue.” Her attention turned elsewhere. “And it’s the same thing with the Spellcaster. When I saw her during that dream, I wasn’t mad, scared, sad…” A pause. “Just… nothing…”

A longer pause came from Fluttershy before she could respond. “Oh my. But why would you be feeling that way for both the Spellcaster and the Rescuer?” Rainbow just closed her eyes and shook her head, a quick answer saying she had no idea. “Is there anything else you can remember about them?”

“Just their voice. The Spellcaster had no tone. And the Rescuer… well… her voice was full of panic and worry. Kinda like the way X sounds. But it can’t be her. She’s a pegasus and the Rescuer was a unicorn.”

“I see,” Fluttershy finished. She slowly rolled herself over so that she could try and stand up. After seeing her grunting, Rainbow quickly came over and used her head to ease Fluttershy up.

“You think you’ll be able to walk by yourself?’ Rainbow asked. Fluttershy was squeezing her eye when she was standing on her own weight. But after a short moment, she settled down.

“I should be able to. *Huff*...” After getting her balance down, Fluttershy checked her surroundings with her one eye. It was difficult to do thanks to the night sky, but there was something she was curious about. “Rainbow? What happened to Strike?”

Rainbow wasn't sure how to answer that. She was still quite surprised over witnessing what happened to him. "Um..." Her head turned to look at the tatzlwurm a little sheepishly. Fluttershy noticed and looked as well. That was all she needed for her question to be answered.

“Oh…” Fluttershy said as she shrunk a little from that. Then she looked to the giant leaf on its head. She wasn’t gonna say she got off lucky compared to it, because she probably didn’t. But she could say one thing. “If it wasn’t for you, we probably wouldn’t still be here.”

And then Fluttershy placed her hooves on its scales and tried to climb it. With her current state, that was a pretty futile effort, at least until Rainbow let her tongues out. She wrapped them around Fluttershy’s body to reduce her weight. When Fluttershy got to the top, she had to brace a hoof against her bandage for a moment to settle the pain. Rainbow removed her tongues and came up to join Fluttershy, making sure to bring the bag with their last Alpine secured inside. Fluttershy was currently examining the tatzlwurm’s head.

“It looks like he’ll still need to rest a little more before he’ll start moving. Hmm…” Fluttershy seemed to ponder something for a moment. And then she looked to Rainbow with a smile. “You know, after everything that’s happened, I think we should give this little guy a name. What do you think?”

Rainbow, ignoring the comment of this tatzlwurm being little, smiled in response. “Yeah. I’d be down for that. But what should we call it? Err… him?”

Fluttershy tapped her mouth with a hoof a few times. “Well… how about Squiggles?”

Rainbow’s smile faded as her eyebrow raised. “Squiggles? Really?’

“Sure! After all, he’s pretty squiggly and it’s cute sounding.”

“Cute?! This thing’s a giant-” Rainbow stopped herself before she said something she’d probably regret. It may have been a monster that nearly ate them earlier. But right now, she considered it a helpful friend. “You know what? Nah. If you like it, and he likes it, then it works for me.”

Fluttershy closed her eye with a smile. “Squiggles it is then!” She bent down and started petting the now named tatzlwurm, Squiggles. “You hear that? Your name’s now gonna be Squiggles. Do you like it?”

All Rainbow could hear from it was a low and tame growl. She didn’t need to understand him to know that he probably already liked it. When it came to Fluttershy, even the most ferocious animals can appear cute. At least Fluttershy was happy. That was good enough for her.

But as much as she wanted to see Fluttershy continue to smile, she had to break up the mood. “Fluttershy.” Her tone was serious, which made Fluttershy stop petting Squiggles and looked at her. “There’s something else I have to talk to you about. It’s about Strike.” Fluttershy’s full attention was caught now. She and Rainbow sat down to converse. “Did you notice the things that Strike was saying when he was attacking us? Why he was attacking us?”

Fluttershy nodded. “Yes…” She looked to Rainbow’s stomach. “He never wanted to do this job. And he was blaming X for everything that happened to him, and took it out on us.”

Rainbow nodded. “Yeah. But the things he was saying… it sounded like he was part of something much bigger than just a group of three. He said Clang was the one who brought X in, and made a mockery of him and his comrades.”

Fluttershy’s ears dropped. “Then… does that mean there are more ponies out there like Strike out to get us?”

“Well, to get me,” Rainbow corrected with a wave of a hoof. Then she placed the hoof to her chin. “I don’t know. But there is something else. The last thing I heard Strike say. It sounded like he called out somepony else, and by name.” She looked at Fluttershy directly. “That name he called, was Jenkel.” Fluttershy’s breath stopped. “And even though he was attacking us to get back at X, it sounded like whoever this pony was, he hated more than even her.”

Rainbow now notice that Fluttershy had practically frozen on the spot. It looked like she was holding her breath out of utter shock. Shortly after, Fluttershy asked. “D-Did you say... Jenkel?”

With a confused look, Rainbow simply responded. “Yeah…?” Fluttershy’s eye shrunk to pea-size in a surprised state. She fell on her rump, shaking very subtly. “Fluttershy?” Rainbow called, wondering why she was acting like this. After a long moment of silence, Fluttershy was able to answer.

“I… know that name.”

Rainbow blinked in shock. “What?”

Fluttershy’s single pupil was pulsating. She looked scared. Rainbow leaned in slightly, waiting for an answer, and shortly got it. “Jenkel… he’s an animal hunter. A-A-A pretty infamous one.” There was a pause as Fluttershy had to take a few deep breaths.

“He traveled to many different parts of Equestria’s hunting grounds, hunting as many animals as he could. The reasons for why he would hunt for them isn’t clear. Most times when ponies hunt, it’s to feed their pets. But nopony knew of any that he had. All they knew was that when he hunts for them, he keeps their hides. Big, small, it didn’t seem to matter to him.”

Rainbow decided to ask. “Do you know what he looks like?”

Fluttershy shook her head. “Sorry. I only heard about him through articles when I was still just a filly. It’s been a long time since I heard about him. The reason he was infamous to me was because, he’s been hunting more animals than anypony else has been at the time. But nopony can do anything about it because, he never goes above the limit that a single pony can hunt for a season. But he always seemed to go to the maximum limit.” She paused to sigh. “And whenever he reached that limit, he would move to another part of Equestria, and sometimes even go outside of it, just to find more hunting grounds, until the next hunting season when he can do it all over again.”

Fluttershy finished by closing her eye in calm sadness. It was just another one of those things she’s learned to accept about wild animals outside her reach. “In short, a lot of animals all over Equestria have suffered because of him. It’s been so long since I read that last article. I haven’t heard about him since. And you said Strike said his name?”

“Yeah,” Rainbow said with a nod. “And like I said, it sounded like he hated Jenkel more than X. Why?” She asked that last ‘why’ in a way like she already knew the answer, and wanted to know if Fluttershy knew. Fluttershy put a hoof to her chin.

“If they’re a part of something bigger than just their group of three, it’s possible that Jenkel could be X’s boss?” Rainbow nodded. Fluttershy however wasn’t so sure of that answer. “I don’t know. Their current job sounds like the opposite of what Jenkel would do. One thing that they kept saying was that they wanted to capture you alive, and not to harm anypony if possible. But Strike wanted to go against that, and blame it on X. Why would he hate Jenkel for that?”

Rainbow narrowed her eyes and answered. “Probably because he’s the reason Strike’s in the same group as X."

Fluttershy’s eye widened for a moment. “Oh yeah. X wanted to do a job that Strike and Clang didn’t want to do…”

Rainbow narrowed her eyes towards her stomach. “He also said something about X's fear not being real. Thinking we were trying to do the same thing to throw him off.”

Fluttershy closed her eye and responded. “But I know that’s not true.” Hearing that made Rainbow blink as she looked up. “I know that X’s fear is very real.”

“How?” Rainbow asked. “I mean, usually when you’re as scared as we’ve seen her be, you run away from what’s scaring you. But X? She… kinda does the exact opposite… or something.”

Fluttershy slowly opened her eye, not very confident looking. “I’m not sure what it means, but… have you been hearing X talking in her sleep?” No response. “She’s been talking about her sister. She was begging her sister not to do something, because she was scared.” Her eye turned down towards Squiggles. “I don’t know what it was, but hearing how she talks about it, and the look that I see in her eyes, I know… that her fear is very real. And it has something to do with her sister.”

A long pause followed. There was one other thing she remembered from last night. But it was something she didn't want to repeat. The words, 'Don't save me' really terrified her at what it implied about X. With that thought, Fluttershy finished with... “I hope I can ask her what happened.”

A low and gentle growl came from Squiggles. Fluttershy looked towards his bandage and started petting his head. From the looks of it, he was ready to start moving again. But before she could say anything about that, Rainbow responded, releasing a slow breath before doing so.

“One thing at a time, Fluttershy. Before we do anything else, we’re taking X straight to Twilight for questions.”

Fluttershy’s ears dropped. Hesitantly, she asked. “Do you still think Twilight is involved in all of this?”

Rainbow slowly turned her head away, then stared at the ground off the side of Squiggles. She answered with a not so happy, “Yes. I still do.”

Fluttershy frowned. “But why? After everything we talked about, I still don’t see why she would want any of this.”

Silence followed for a long moment. Rainbow didn’t turn her head as she answered. “Nopony came looking for us..." Fluttershy released a questioning hum after Rainbow said that. More silence followed. "That fire yesterday, it was really big. Big enough to see from Ponyville. And nopony came looking for us." She then looked at Fluttershy sternly, to which Fluttershy stumbled back. "It’s like you said. Twilight didn’t check up on us after she tried turning me back to normal. Twilight didn't come here and check on the fire. There's no way she couldn't have seen that. Why hasn't she come to us?" Nothing but stutters could escape from Fluttershy's mouth. There wasn't an explanation she could think of. "Just like you, she had plenty of time to check on either one of us, and didn’t."

Fluttershy felt like her bandaged eye just got poked from the inside. Just when she thought there was no reason to suspect Twilight anymore, Rainbow just pummeled her with a huge reason as to why. And what's worse, the guilt of hearing 'just like you' from Rainbow Dash was unbearable. It was like she was no better than Twilight.

“I-I’m sorry," Fluttershy started. "There was just so many things happening, and… I was more worried about you at the time. You took Scootaloo and ran away into the Everfree Forest. I had to find you. Then you were hurt, so I had to get you treated.” Her ears fell. “And most importantly, you looked very sad and lost. All I could focus on was cheering you up, and finding a way to get your memory back.”

Rainbow closed her eyes and sighed. “I know…” She then looked to Fluttershy. “Thanks to you, I do have my memory back. And I can’t thank you enough. You really had my back there.” Her eyes tilted to the side. “Eeeven if the methods were uncool and embarrassing.”

Fluttershy gasped, then shrunk her head backwards and blushed deeply. She already learned that Rainbow still remembered all of their moments clearly. Now Rainbow was bringing it up and she really didn’t know what to say. If there was a time to change the subject, she wanted it now. But before she could find that chance, she felt Rainbow place a hoof gently on her shoulder. When she looked, Rainbow asked.

“Hey? Nopony else knows about those times, right?” It took Fluttershy a moment to think. And as she thought, her embarrassment settled down. Every time Rainbow was taken outside, she was covered up to hide not only her look, but also her animal-like behavior. And any of those times she really acted like an adorable pet, they had been alone.

“No.” Fluttershy answered with a confident shake of her head. Rainbow smiled.

“Then everything’s okay.” Rainbow then openly hugged Fluttershy. Fluttershy was hugging back with a bright smile. She could feel X jiggling inside Rainbow’s stomach. For a moment, this hug felt really nice. But then her face started flushing red again. Did this mean Rainbow was okay with everything they did as long as it was kept private? Would she be okay with being treated like a pet again? They soon broke the hug. Fluttershy wanted to ask, but then noticed the collar Rainbow was still wearing. Before she could ask, Rainbow continued with a different subject.

“So is Squiggles ready to start moving again?” As much as Fluttershy wanted to answer ‘no’ so that they could keep talking, they had talked long enough. There were more important matters right now. More than ever, she wanted to get back to Twilight and clear up these reasons for why Rainbow was suspecting her.

“Yes,” Fluttershy answered with a nodded. She turned to Squiggles’ direction and lowered herself to pat his head.

“Good,” Rainbow responded. “Ponyville should be a few hours that way.” She was pointing a hoof to the right of where Squiggles was facing. Fluttershy lightly tugged on his scales and directed him to said direction. “No more delays. We’ve put this off for way too long.” With a roar, Squiggles began squirming in said direction with Rainbow and Fluttershy in tow, giving a much smoother ride this time. “Once we get to Ponyville, we are going straight to the castle for Twilight. No ‘if’s’, ‘and’s’, or ‘but’s’ about it!”

And then… Fluttershy’s stomach growled.

Author's Note:

No more delays! In the next chapter, we're getting out of the Everfree Forest, we're getting back to Ponyville, and we're going straight to the castle, even if we have to face a giant fire breathing turtle to do so! even if we have to use a giant worm to break in it!

--
Find any errors? Please notify.

Feed back and criticism are appreciated.

Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoy.

PreviousChapters Next