• Published 22nd Nov 2016
  • 585 Views, 6 Comments

Nightmare and Dragon - alfonso_rd_33



After Princess Luna was purified, everypony thought the Nightmare was destroyed… it was, but Nightmare Night will offer it a chance to shine anew… or it would, but a certain outsider Alicorn has Something to say... it won't be pretty...

  • ...
15
 6
 585

Chapter 2 - Wabbit Season


LAST TIME


Of course, as this was happening in Ponyville, in the ruin of the castle of the two sisters the wild magic of the ever free forest started gathering and swirling in a vortex of pure power, the dark and ominous energy threatening a massive explosion as it shifted into a tornado-like appearance.

"Heh... Heh heh heh....! I am me again...! The accursed Elements of Harmony might believe that I was destroyed, but no... I am the Nightmare...! And I will not be denied...! "

After that statement, the vortex of darkness started dividing itself, into at least ten small parts which started changing, forming themselves into bodies of ponies… pegasi, unicorns, earth ponies and even thestrals like those guys pulling Princess Luna’s chariot… all the while as the remaining of the dark power coalesced into its new shape, as the tall equine outline had both a horn and a set of pegasi wings.

“Now, our age begins… now…!”


So, while all the darkness gathered at the old castle Poncho was still roaming over Ponyville, humming a certain song, that is, until he saw some foals with their Nightmare Night candy all ready to be eaten, and, as they passed by him he leaned, saying mischievously.

"Be very quiet… I am hunting chicken... "

To this, of course, the foals giggled, as it was widely known the Alicorn of Ponyville seemed to favor the young, then stood up in mock attention and scattered, going to “hunt” the chicken in that same moment, Poncho felt a chill all across his back.

"Mmmm… what’s this…? An ill wind on the magical land with climate control…? MOS-tan, are you there...?"

“Of course I’m here, where more I would be since I’m the PipBuck you wear on your foreleg…?”

Answered the PipBuck as the green holographic mare appeared, which prompted Poncho to continue...

"Seems something wrong is happening nearby, any Ideas...?”

"Well, now that you mention it, the scanning capabilities of the PipBuck are somewhat limited, but it seems a great amount of Youki is gathered in the Everfree Forest...?”

Retorted MOS-Tan, as Poncho looked in the general direction of the Forest just before starting to gallop towards the place as he said…

“The Everfree, in Nightmare Night…. That should be a bad omen, right…?”

To this, MOS-Tan Did a metaphorical eye roll as she shot back…

“Now wait a second…! The Everfree is not an evil place… it only has savage magicks, but those aren’t all evil …!”

“I know, but still, you’ll have to give me that even during the day, the Everfree can be terrifying… that’s why we built the house at the other side of town, mirroring Fluttershy’s co… tage… *yay*! Ok, gimme a boost MOS-Tan… if there’s something dangerous in the Everfree, Fluttershy might as well become the first victim if we don’t stop it…”

Said Poncho, as strange music poured out of the PipBuck, Poncho silently praying the Darkness he felt wasn’t planning on hurting one of his new friends as he galloped even faster towards the Everfree, and in the Everfree, the darkness in Alicorn form looked at the ruined castle as the rest of her shadows started moving outwards, planning to expand in the quiet of the night...

"Yes, my pretties… go forth, and conquer this land, find bodies to possess and consume, so we can survive the Nightmare Night, after that… Equestria will be all but ours…!"

"So, That is the plan? Possess and conquer? Isn’t it a bit overused?"

Said Poncho as he finally reached the palace of the Two Sisters, looking at the shadow ponies and the shadow Alicorn, regarding them cautiously as he was already reading the blobs of dark magic, seeing just how powerful they were.

"Oh…? And who might you be…? I certainly don’t recall Alicorn stallions living in Equestria… go on… answer your Queen..! "

Said the shadow Alicorn as she wondered how it was possible that he sneaked up on them since the music that started to die down as her minions started circling the Alicorn before her… who was a certainly suitable skin suit for her to outlast Nightmare Night, yet he seemed… too happy to be there... Something felt wrong, yet her musings got cut short as the Alicorn answered.

“Me…? I'm just a passing by Creation Defender and you, you are the Nightmare, Ultimate Corrupter! Now, I was planning on stopping you as is, but it seems a Non-Combat has a better idea.”

Then, yet another song sounded out of nowhere as the Alicorn stood on his hind legs, getting his forelegs close to each other as he said.

“It’s Morphin’ Time…! Henshin…!”

And, after touching the device on his right foreleg, an explosion of power engulfed him, going upwards, becoming visible for miles upon miles.