• Published 11th Nov 2016
  • 875 Views, 33 Comments

Equestria Discord 2: The Friendship Games - Epicdiscord214



What does Discord have to contribute to the Friendship Games? Read for yourself.

  • ...
2
 33
 875

So Many Secrets

"WHAT?!" Pinkie Pie asked. "What... What... What just happened? What does that mean?"

"Why did you do that?" Rarity asked. "Discord said you were the nice one."

"And I meant it." Discord said. "When I first enrolled into Crystal Prep, I thought to myself 'Hey, I'm in a rut, and I don't want to make my parents mad again', so I decided to be on my best behavior. No pranks, no schemes, and no mischief. But word about my habit travels fast, especially across Crystal Prep.

"I was called up to Cinch's office and she wanted me to drop out. According to her, having a delinquent like me in their yearbook would put a smear on her beloved reputation. She then made it more tempting by edging me on that I didn't belong there and I didn't want to. But I then stood up to her and refused her offer. I smugly walked out of the office before I heard her break her pencil."

"I made me giggle to see that." Dawna said. "Anyway, after that, all the other students started to pick on him, trying to push and goad him into pranking them."

"They were bullying him and you didn't stop it?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I wanted to, believe me. But Cinch has... ways of getting me to do what she wanted. And what she wanted was for me not to help Discord. But no matter how many time he was picked on, Discord didn't crack. And the more he held on, the more upsetting Principal Cinch was.

"One day, there was a school assembly. Before any of that, Cinch told me to attach several buckets of paint above the school auditorium and spill them when all the seats were filled. I didn't want to, but with Cinch's hold on me, I had no choice. With all the paint spilled everywhere, everyone just assumed it was Discord. He tried to defend himself, but no one believed him. That got him an expulsion and he was kicked out of Crystal Prep. But before he left the ground, I ran up to him and confessed everything Cinch made me do."

"As soon as he told me what Cinch was doing to her, I then directed my anger toward the principal." Discord continued. "The vice principal and I left on good terms, but the damage was done."

"Again, Discord, I am so sorry." Dawna said.

"Don't be." Discord said. "That's just the story of my life. I want attention, I pull a prank, and I get kicked out. Then, at Crystal Prep, I decided to do something different. And how did they welcome me? They picked on me, they pull a prank and pin it on me, and I still got kicked out. I told you before that Crystal Prep made me what I am now, and what I am is a crazy, mischievous delinquent who's used to getting people mad at him on a daily basis."

"Discord, calm down." Fluttershy said. "I'm sorry all that happened to you. And now, I see why you'd want Crystal Prep to lose. But since Crystal Prep is here, why don't you tell them what really happened?"

"It's going to be my word against Cinch's. And Dawna's too frightened to vouch for me. Plus, I really want to get them back for the bullying."

"Well, don't you worry there, Discord." Applejack said. "Now that we know how much this means to you, we'll be working even harded to beating Crystal Prep."

Dawna looked away for a second, but when she saw Tartus, she widened her eyes in shock. It wasn't Tartus she was paying attention to; it was what he was admiring in his hand: the yellow apple. Upon seeing that, Dawna was stepped back and ran off.

"Where's she going?" Sunset asked.

Dawna staggered into the hallway breathing heavily. She leaned herself against a locker and thought to herself.

"That's impossible. Tell me I didn't just see what I thought I saw. How could he..."

"Vice Principal Dawna." Dawna jumped for a second, but was relieved to see Cinch.

"Oh, Principal Cinch. I thought you were someone else."

"Mmhmm." Cinch said without any care. "Anyway, do you know where Twilight is?"

"I think I saw her heading to the front yard watching her little device."

"I swear, that girl doesn't have any focus." Cinch pinched the middle of her eyes.

"She's just passionate about her science. And she really wants to enroll into Everton. Maybe if we just let her be, she..."

"In order to be the best, each and every Crystal Prep student must have complete and utter focus on the primary goal. And right now, that goal is the Friendship Games and maintaining our reputation, not some wild goose chase for a make-believe education."

"Make-believe?" Dawna asked.

"Didn't I tell you?" Cinch asked. "I spoke with Tartus earlier about Twilight's performance in the Friendship Games being compromised by his arrival, but he assured me that he couldn't let Twilight into Everton even if he wanted to. You see, it doesn't exist."

"What?" Dawna asked. "What do you mean?"

"I mean there's no advanced academy, no independent study program, and no classes. Everton is a fake school that Tartus made up."

"But... the website. The reviews. The awards. Are you saying that Tartus made it all up? That's... illegal and wrong. Why would he make up a school?"

"I don't know, and I don't care." Cinch said. "He assured me that all that mattered is that Twilight is not aware of anything. As soon as the Friendship Games are over, he'll pretend her application was denied and she won't know any different."

"Principal Cinch, you can't do this!" Dawna said. "Twilight's been looking forward to her application for two years. And now, you're telling me she's applying for nothing? We have to tell Twilight the truth."

"And lose our best student?" Cinch asked. "I don't think so. And unless you want your secret told, you'll keep your mouth shut."

Dawna wanted to say something else, but she then had second thoughts. Her mind was filled with conflicting choices. She wasn't clear on what to do, so she fell silent. Principal Cinch walked away leaving tears to start leaking out of Dawna's eyes.

"Oh, Twilight.

"Why do I always hurt you

Along with others I'm pointed at

I never wanted anything bad to happen

I just didn't want to face my past

But now, I'm conflicted

And everything is falling apart

The secrets are threatening my life

And ruining my chance for a new start

If I had the courage

I can tell everyone

I can step out of the shadows

And step into the sun

But now, everyone's suffering

'Cause I don't have the nerve

I didn't thiiiiiiiink

THAT THE PAST CAAAAAAN HUUUUUUUUUURT

THE PAST CAAAAAAN HUUUUUUUUUURT

Yes, it looks like the past can... huuuuuuuuuuuuurt"


Sunset Shimmer was walking through a different hallway opening her book. There was still no reply from the Equestrian Twilight. She sighed in disappointment before she heard two people shouting. She looked through a crack at the door and saw Tartus arguing with his son.

"I can't believe you did that!" Scimitar shouted.

"I can't believe you care about that!" Tartus returned. "Since when do you care about what I do, especially with the relic?"

"That's a really dunce move, dad!"

"Listen, son, we both know the magic in this world give Canterlot High a dominating advantage. If they manage to succeed in the second event like it was planned, then that should give our puppet more time to gather a lot of magic. Now, don't question me again."

"You can't tell me what to do!"

"I have to tell you what to do!" Tartus returned. "Otherwise, you don't do anything. If you're going to be just like me, you can't just sit around all day playing your video games. Action speaks louder than words!"

Tartus turned to leave. In a panic, Sunset planted herself on the wall beside the door. Luckily for her, when the door opened, it was opening towards her. She hid herself behind the door and waited for Tartus to leave. When she was sure, she went through the door and saw Scimitar grumbling. He stopped when he saw Sunset approaching him.

"Oh, it's you." Scimitar rolled his eyes.

"So I was right." Sunset said. "You really are from another world."

"That's none of your business." Scimitar said.

"I think it is." Sunset replied. "You see, the truth is..."

"I know, I know." Scimitar said. "You're from a pony world, and you left them to try out your hand in bad stuff in this world, but through a set of events involving bringing magic to this world, you decided to reform and do some good in this world."

Sunset was speechless. "How did you..."

"My dad knows everything." Scimitar said. "He's some big supergenius, and it gets on my nerves a lot. I don't care if he majors in mechanics, genetics, or even chaos theory. Honestly, if he could lose at least fourty IQ points, I'd appreciate it."

"Where did you all come from?" Sunset Shimmer asked. "And why are you in this world?"

"Honestly, I don't know where my dad came from." Scimitar said. "Longer than I could remember, he's been traveling from one world to another making deals and collecting stuff he needs. Actually, as a matter of fact, I can't tell you anything."

"Why, because he said so?" Sunset Shimmer asked. "You know, you're unbelievable. You claim to not need anyone; yet, you're too loyal to your own dad, who even you agree is the worst."

"You don't understand." Scimitar growled.

"What, is it some kind of father-son relationship thing I don't know about?" Sunset asked sounding more upset. "'Yes, father. No, father. I got it, father'."

"HE ISN'T MY FATHER!" Scimitar confessed out loud.

Sunset Shimmer was both shocked and confused. "What?"

Scimitar sighed and revealed. "I told you my dad was a genius with genetics. He made me in an old lab of his out of his own DNA."

"Whoa, hold on." Sunset said. "So... you're a..."

"A clone." Scimitar finished. "When I was created, he started me off as a baby and raised me to be just like him. I don't know why he did it or why he designed me to look different than he does, but I do know that I have no choice. He knows what's best for himself, and he made me to be just like him. I don't have a choice; he made it for me."

Suddenly, Sunset Shimmer leaped toward him and wrapped her arms around him. He stood still while Sunset held on a bit tighter.

"Uh, why are you doing this?"

"Because I know how hard it is to be someone else than you thought you were." Sunset said. "I used to be a completely different person, and I thought that's how I was. But then, when I made friends, they helped me become someone even better." She let go and stepped back. "If this is too much of a conversation for you, I'll step off for now. Honestly, this is too much for me too. But if you ever want to talk about anything, I'll always be ready to hear it."

Sunset turned around and approached the door. Before she walked through, the two of them smiled at each other. Suddenly, Scimitar felt a heavy pounding in his chest. It was a feeling he had never felt before.

Author's Note:

In case you haven't figured it out, I am making my own OCxactual character ship. I know some people are into SunsetxFlash, but I certainly don't. FlashLight all the way! Anyway, I figured Scimitar would be perfect. I hope you all like this pair, because it's gonna continue.

The song featured here is a parody of "The Midnight in Me" from Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree.