• Published 11th Nov 2016
  • 875 Views, 33 Comments

Equestria Discord 2: The Friendship Games - Epicdiscord214



What does Discord have to contribute to the Friendship Games? Read for yourself.

  • ...
2
 33
 875

Daydream

Midnight Sparkle soared above the dark clouds with Tartus flying behind her. She kept firing in random directions while she laughed maniacally.

"Oh, one little, two little, three little portals ripped," Tartus sang, "Four little, five little, six little portals ripped. Seven little, eight little, nine little portals ripped. And who knows how much is left to go!"

Their celebration was cut short when they caught sight of a slight orange glow getting brighter from underneath. Suddenly, Sunset Shimmer flew up in front of them with firey wings.

"You?!" Tartus asked. "How? You don't have any magic!"

"You're wrong!" Sunset Shimmer shouted. "Twilight, I was once like you! I put on a crown, and just like you, I wanted more power than I needed! But you don't need Tartus to have everything you ever wanted! I learned that true magic comes from loyalty, laughter, kindness, generosity, and honesty! Together, they form the most powerful magic of all: the magic of friendship!"

"Oh, gag!" Tartus exclaimed. "I might actually be sick in my stomach! How is it that you Equestrians say that speech as often as you do without gagging? Midnight, destroy her!"

And with that, Midnight and Sunset battled in the sky, each exchanging different magical blasts. They soared through the sky engaging each other. Meanwhile, all the students watch the magic battle between the two.

"Question," Spike said, "What if Tartus helped to double-team Sunset?"

"I don't suppose your secret magic involves a pair of wings?" Rarity asked Dawna.

"Well, I can fly, but I can't do that and fight at the same time."

"Then we need to even the odds." Scimitar replied approaching Discord's petrified state. He gripped onto his shoulders. "Rainbooms, whatever you did to help me help Sunset, we've got to do the same thing for Discord!"

"We want to help too!" Indigo Zapp offered for Crystal Prep.

"You?" Scimitar asked. "You dunces don't even have magic! Besides, it's partially your fault we're in this mess!"

"Look, just tell us what to do," Sunny Flare said, "And I promise, we'll do it!"

Scimitar looked at the Discord statue and sighed. "All right. Everyone, raise your hands and start concentrating! We need as much energy as we can to break this!"

Everyone, CHS or CPA, circled around the statue and held up their hands. They closed their eyes and tried to focus really hard. The Rainbooms were the first, but much to Scimitar's surprise, everyone's hands started to glow different colors. They escaped their hands and hit Scimitar's back. Then the glow that reached his hands covered Discord's body. It started to crack up and shatter apart. He escaped with his ponied-up form emerging from his back.

"All right!" Discord shouted. "Time for round two! Oh, and thank you, everyone!"

And with that, Discord flew up high before anyone could say a word.

"Go get 'em, Discord." Fluttershy whispered.

Meanwhile, Midnight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were still at odds with each other. Tartus groaned at the sight of it before holding up the Golden Apple.

"Okay, this was fun at first, but now, it's getting old. I'm stepping in."

"YOINK!" Discord shouted as he zipped up and grabbed the Apple out of Tartus' hands. Tartus was not happy.

"You?! Give me back my Apple! You're too inexperienced to know how it works!"

"You think I don't know how to work an artifact of chaos? Look, I already told you I'm crazy."

"And I told you, I'm crazy."

Discord chuckled. "Look, you cannot out-crazy me. My crazy will take your crazy and shove it in metal tube, fill it with rats, then blowtorch it until the rats have no way to escape except eating their way through your crazy!"

"Wow." Tartus chuckled. "You are oblivious to the avalanche of insanity I'm about to unload. You don't know what I'll do to you!"

"You don't know what I'll do to you!" Discord returned. "I will spin around and throw up all over you and your minions! I simply don't care!"

"I'll stick your face in maple syrup and make you sing 'Winter Wrap-Up'! How does that blow your hair back, Discord?!"

"I will crawl inside you and lay eggs like a baby spider!"

"I WELCOME IT! I HAVE A METAL EYE! SHOWS YOU HOW I LIVE MY LIFE!"

"I WILL BRING A FOLK GUITAR TO A PUMPKIN FIGHT, BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY I WAS BROUGHT UP!"

Tartus paused for a moment before responding softly. "Okay, you lost me at that last one."

"BECAUSE THAT'S HOW CRAZY I AM!" Discord continued. "NOW, RELEASE TWILIGHT!"

"GIVE ME BACK MY APPLE!" Tartus shouted.

Discord then materialized a bazooka in his hands. He aimed it at the Apple which startled Tartus.

"STOP! ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

"Looks like somebody finally realized who's crazier." Discord said smugly. "Now make Twilight normal again or I'll blow this thing to kingdom come!"

"You don't understand!" Tartus shouted. "The apple is alive and sensitive! If you fire, we can kiss goodbye to this half of the Multiverse!"

"Seriously?" Discord asked. His bazooka disappeared and he took a close look at the apple. "Where did this thing come from? Well, Tartus, if you want this thing so bad... GO FETCH!" He then tossed it behind him seeing Tartus go scared. Tartus dove down after the Apple.

Meanwhile, Discord materialized a rope and tossed it over Midnight Sparkle's body. He tightened it around her waist making cowboy noises.

"WHAT?" Midnight Sparkle shouted.

"YEE-HAW!" Discord exclaimed. "I'M GONNA HOGTIE ME A MIDNIGHT! Sunset, do you think you can fix her?"

"I'll try!" Sunset replied. She raised her hands up and fired orange rays from her hands.

Midnight Sparkle was so occupied with the rope, she didn't see the blast coming until it was too late. She screamed when the light covered her very being. When he opened her eyes, she saw her and Sunset floating alone in a white background. There was no rope, no Discord, and nothing that clashes with the background.

Sunset approached Midnight Sparkle extending her hand. "Take my hand, Twilight. Let me show you there's a better way, like someone else did to me."

Twilight's real eyes began to show as they were pointed at Sunset's hands. She slowly pulled up her hand and gripped onto Sunset's.

In the real world, a bright sphere covered the two girls. The sphere lowered to the ground, and Twilight and Sunset were back to normal. Discord landed on the ground and lost his animal parts as well.

"I'm sorry." Twilight apologized. "I didn't mean to go this far."

"I know." Sunset said. "And speaking from personal experience, they'll forgive you."

"That was awesome!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Couldn't say it better myself." Applejack said.

"Hear, hear." Rarity agreed.

"You girls did wonderful, even if one of you tried to destroy us all." Pinkie Pie said.

"Hey!" Discord exclaimed. "What am I, chopped liver?"

"You did wonderful too, Discord." Fluttershy said hugging him.

"Well, thank you, Fluttershy." Discord said.

"Hey." Sunset turned and saw Scimitar approaching her. "You did well. And... Sorry I've been kind of a jerk to you before. I'm just glad you're okay."

"Thanks to you, you dunce." Sunset chuckled.

"Hey!" Scimitar exclaimed with a slight smile.

Suddenly, Principal Cinch walked away from behind the bleachers and approached Principal Celestia in an angry tone.

"Principal Celestia, on behalf of Crystal Prep, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games! Clearly, CHS has had an unfair advantage for quite some time, and it's certainly obvious that your students have been using magic for their own benefit!"

"Oh, boy." Discord groaned rolling his eyes. "Not this again."

"I'd say saving the world benefits us all." Celestia said.

"And be grateful." Ricky said. "If it wasn't for us, you'd be destroyed along with the rest of us. They prevented an apocalypse."

"Which you kinda started when you trusted Tartus and manipulated Twilight into releasing all the stolen magic and changing into a power-hungry demon monster that tried to rip the world apart just to win a game." Sugarcoat added quickly.

"Wow." Pinkie Pie said. "That's a lot to take in when you say it all at once."

"Well said, Heather." Discord said which annoyed Sugarcoat again.

"Well..." Lemon Zest said, "You do kinda look like a Heather."

"The point is, Cinch, you started this!" Ricky said.

"That's ridiculous!" Cinch shouted.

"Nope." Spike said. "That's pretty much what happened."

"Actually, we're all to blame," Sugar Coat said, "But mostly, it was Cinch!"

"Obviously, my students have been influenced by your magic!" Cinch said. "But I plan on taking this up with the school board!"

"May I join in?"

Everyone looked and saw the mayor walking out of a car.

"Madame Mayor?" Cadance asked. "What are you doing here?"

"My work ended early, so I thought I'd stop by and see the end of the Friendship Games. Thought I'd see a show, and it seems I was right."

"Madame Mayor, since you are now aware of the magic that surrounds this school, then you must call Crystal Prep as winners by default!" Cinch insisted.

"You're making it sound like I only just learned about the magic." the mayor said stunning Cinch.

"You... You knew?" Indigo Zap asked.

"I'm the mayor, child. I have to know what's going on in my town. And so far, I have seen no evidence that says that Canterlot High has been using magic unfairly. Frankly, the only ones I saw using magic were your students, Abacus Cinch."

"Ooh, first name drop!" Discord exclaimed. "Go, mayor!"

"But... I... We were only..." Cinch stuttered.

"Cinch, are you going to be finishing any of these sentences?" Discord chuckled.

"In that case," Dawna said stepping up, "I'd like to report some other stuff Cinch has done."

"Dawna, don't you dare!"

"NO, CINCH! I'm not afraid of you anymore! Madame Mayor, Cinch has been using blackmail and manipulation for many things in her career. She forced me to ruin a school event and pin it on Discord, which ended up in his expulsion."

The Crystal Prep student body gasped and whispered to themselves.

"Not only that," Dawna continued. "But she has been lying to Twilight as well."

"Lying to me?" Twilight asked. "What do you mean?"

"Twilight... I'm sorry to have to tell you this... But Everton is a fake. There's no such thing. It's all a lie."

"What?" Twilight gasped.

"That's all I need to hear." the mayor said. "Principal Cinch, we'll discuss your future later." She then approached the crowd. "Well, in light of these circumstances, I think it's appropriate to declare you all winners."

"NOT YOU TOO!" Discord shouted. "Madame Mayor, the Friendship Games are pointless! It was supposed to bring our schools closer, but ever since they started, our schools showed no signs of being friends! I'm telling you, it does not work."

"Actually," Sunny Flare said, "I think it did."

"It did?" everyone asked.

"Don't get me wrong," Sunny Flare said, "Winning is sweet, but... Maybe Discord's right. The universe doesn't revolve around each of us. We need to be a bit more friendlier, and seeing how everyone working together just made us realize it. So... good game. And Discord, on behalf of Crystal Prep Academy... we're sorry... for everything."

Discord was stunned at first, but then he developed a smile. "That's all I wanted to hear." He then walked over to Cinch and offered a handshake. "No hard feelings?"

Reluctantly, under the pressure of everyone watching her, Cinch raised her hand and grabbed Discord. Suddenly, Discord laughed loudly into her face. "Lighten up, Abby. It's just a game."

"How sentimental." Everyone gasped for they realized they forgot something. They saw Tartus standing beside the busted Wonder Colt statue with Greengear and the masked figure at his side. He put the Golden Apple in his jacket with one hand and held onto Creeper's petrified state. He passed it over to Jade. "Everyone seems to think that they're all winners. But now, I have the last laugh."

"You!" Twilight growled. "You lied to me! You made me believe that I was working hard to get into a school that doesn't even exist!"

"It's okay, Twilight." Sunset said. "We already foiled his plan. We got rid of Midnight Sparkle."

"Got rid of Midnight Sparkle?" Tartus laughed. "Twilight, all that magic gave you a hidden thirst for more power. Midnight Sparkle will always be a part of you and you can't escape it. But that's okay. I never wanted Midnight Sparkle anyway."

"What?" Sunset Shimmer asked.

"He's right." Scimitar said. "He didn't come to this world to turn Twilight into a monster. He wanted..." He looked around.

"Looking for this?" Tartus held up Twilight's purple pendant device. "Sorry, but it's mine now. You should've behaved yourself when I told you to, Scimitar, but now, you will suffer the same fate as the rest of these fools."

"The device is what you wanted all along?" Twilight asked. "I don't understand."

"Let me explain." Tartus said. "You see, I knew how to make this, but I didn't have the means to. My prosthetics can't be relied on for small machinery. So I needed someone smart enough to understand the blueprints and build it. Of course, that wasn't enough. I needed to make sure its function will serve. I never told you it could steal magic; otherwise you'd never bring it to Canterlot High for a test. I came along because I needed to see the limits this pendant would have. All I needed to do next was for you to empty it out. And once I make the right modifications, I can be able to use this to hold as much magic as I want!"

"What kind of magic would you want to steal?" Discord asked. "You already got a reality-warping apple. What else do you need?"

"Oh, you have no idea." Tartus chuckled.

"There's still one thing I don't get." Twilight said. "How'd you know I'd build it for you."

"That's why I pretended to run Everton." Tartus said. "I gave it all the qualifications you're looking for in a school and high standards so that you'd do anything to be accepted."

"But how did you know I'd want that?" Twilight asked. "We never met before the Friendship Games."

"Because that's exactly what any other Twilight Sparkle would want." Tartus replied ominously. "I've been watching every Twilight counterpart and they all sought knowledge. You are no different." He pulled out the Golden Apple and blasted the statue base. the side of it turned yellow. "So now, I'll take my leave. I can't wait for our next dance, Dawna.

"Well, good game

But all this fame

Will soon be short-lived

I propose

You listen close

To the real winner's name

Tartus, the man with the plan

Who pulled off the greatest scam

Now, that's what I call a good game

Well, good game

But all the same

You are all losers

What a twist

That you all missed

And you're all to blame

The best man has won

And soon, your lives will be done

JUST WAIT! EVERYTHING IS ABOUT TO CHANGE

UNLIMITED POWER WITH UNLIMITED RANGE

THE BLOOD MOON RISES

MANY MORE SURPRISES

ARE ON THEIR WAY

ONCE AGAAAAAIIIIIIN

FAREWELL

AND, WELL, GOOOOOOOOOD GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME"

And with that, he laughed maniacally when he and his minions fell through the portal.

"Did he just say blood moon?" Marty asked. "That doesn't sound good."

"I'll catch him!" Discord shouted. he charged towards the portal, but he didn't go through. He turned flat as pancake when he hit it. "Why can't I catch him?"

"I don't know." Sunset replied. "But this doesn't look good."


As Tartus and his group entered a new world, Emerald approached his boss.

"Sorry about your kid, sir."

"Don't worry about it." Tartus replied. "There's always the other one."

Author's Note:

The story ends tomorrow.

The song featured here is a parody of "Prince Ali reprise" from Aladdin.