• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 445 Views, 5 Comments

Viva Las Chrysalis - Aureane



After the fall of the changeling hive, Twilight meets a new filly that has seen the Queen's whereabouts. Without wanting to alert the others, Twilight decides to go undercover with her new ally in search of the missing villain.

  • ...
 5
 445

IV: Eye, to Eye, to Eye

Dime drops the 'cuddly filly' act and hops out of the manager's arms, extending her physical boundary to that of a full-grown mare while she rewards herself with a chuckle, letting out with her full-on thief's accent, a touch of Rarity, mixed with a bit of Rainbow Dash... swirl in a bit of Maud Pie too. "Ah, geez. I know these ponies are funny, but I never would'a guessed they'd be this funny. Ain't that right, Lis?" Her gray orbs bat over to her company.

Chrysalis rolls her eyes. "They might seem worthless, but watch it. They appear to have destiny on their side." She lifts a hoof, brushing off her serpentine tongue from the use of that word alone.

Paradigm slumps back into a chair opposite her acquaintance from the sudden hint of despair. "Aw, come on. So they got lucky more'n a few times, s'all," Paradigm wagers, "now, we've flipped the coin in our favor. Don't know 'bout you, but I could use a bag of popcorn. Gah, my sudden urge for it, maybe's got something to do with this cutie-cloning mumbo jumbo."

Chrysalis holds up a grin. "No doubt... we've done our part for now. What say we cut this 'Eredor' act?"

"Couldn't 'ave worded it any better. Nab yourself a disguise and we'll call it a day. An'ere, I'll throw on my faithful fellow for you." Chrysalis nods and shifts into a generic mare: orange hide, light brown hair, green eyes, and a cutie mark with the symbol of a rubber duck. Meanwhile, Paradigm equips an explorer's hat, similar to Daring Do's, except it's curved to cover her left eye, a strap working under her chin to prevent it from dismantling. After an illuminated flick of her horn, what was once an arcade is now a dusty, old and abandoned junkpile. A large amount of unfortunate souls who had walked into Eredor for a grand opening gaze about them, even the workers, seeing nothing but dusty old cobwebs and boarded windows, the only light source being the main entrance. The crowd looks around in disbelief as the two masterminds sneak out the door.

"Oh, they'll be feelin' that for a couple o'days. Big shot news I'm talkin'. Say, Lis, why not have ourselves a bit of fun?"

"Enlighten me." The disguised queen can't stop her evil smile.

"What I'm saying is, we get ourselves a theater and watch what Twilight 'n' her gal's up to."

"Did I ever mention how dastardly you are, Para?"

"Don't flatter me. After all, it's you who came up with the grand plan. I'm jus' the one with the tools." When the two villains reach the theater, Paradigm simply teleports them inside, past the long lines and the ticket validator. As they walk off to a room, the thief picks up their favorites, rendering them invisible as she levitates them one by one. A large bag of popcorn, two large drinks filled with Sunkiss and Mountain Moon, and a pack of Disc-vines to go. Paradigm scans the theater. "Looks to me like nopony's watchin' The Time Before Land. Ick, ocean creatures. Room fifty-three on the third floor." She cancels the object's invisibility as they hop into an elevator. Cheesy music pursues.

~~Don't say I didn't warn you-- hmm mnn ah-

I'm sure I never told you-- ba da dum

Thaaat you'll always-- be-- here, no maaatter where-- you-- are

bu-du-daaa laaa, ah ahh hum, ah-- ah-- um-- lum.~~

The door opens, but it's only the second floor. Paradigm sighs. "Enough of this, the food's gettin' cold." She looks over to Chrysalis, who is... actually singing to the music.

"You kept my heart beside you-- don't say I don't like you~ la la lum. Don't say I didn't warn you--" Poof! "Hey! That one was catchy."

"We didn't come 'ere for that. Besides... the real fun begins now." Paradigm locks all exits in the room with a magical barrier, preventing anyone from intruding on their top secret projection. She loads a visual lapse into the digital reel, displaying a large, full-screen experience through Starlight's eyes.

"What's wrong, Twilight? I thought you were starved, but you haven't taken a single bite from your food. In fact, you seem... sad. It's not because of me, is it?" The two villains munch up their popcorn with high anticipation. Chrysalis leans over to Paradigm.

"I have to give it to Starlight. That's one tasty heart she has."

"Ten pieces of popcorn says that Twilight makes up an excuse."

"Twenty that she doesn't."

"You're on."

Twilight brings herself forward, moving a hoof to signal Starlight to listen closely. "Look, don't think any less of me for asking this but, what would you do if you were an alicorn?"

Paradigm shrugs at Chrysalis. "Two-in-one, not bad. I'll give you ten, you bet more, anyway. But I tell you, I can feel this fellow burnin' up. Caught on the spot right there. How's 'bout we cool her down?"

"Hm... make it rain."

"Certainly."

Starlight doesn't know how to respond to Twilight. "An... an alicorn? Well... uh, I would think it's the same as being a unicorn. I mean-- you mean. A princess? As in princess Starlight?" A hoof through Starlight's point of view points to herself.

Twilight nods. "Well, it's not like I was-"

CRACK! BOOM! SHURRRR.

A heavy rainstorm kicks in, flashes in the sky, and thunder shaking up Ponyville after the lightning.

Starlight has to yell for Twilight to hear her. "Like you were?!"

"We'll save it for later! Let's get ourselves to my castle. Come on!"

The two take off as Chrysalis and Paradigm cackle off. Chrysalis smirks. "Let's get a closer look. Things are about to get interesting."

Paradigm smiles. "Can't argue with that. Plus, it's no fun watching these poor sobs run through a rainstorm." In a blink, they're off, the exits unlocked, all traces of their snacks and beverages gone.