• ...
3
 17
 1,598

Tron: Pony Legacy: Chapter 2

The blinding light had shined right above me, at first it didn't catch my attention until I heard the booming voice, "Stray Program found". I was scared just as much as I was surprised to see that directly above me was a vehicle known as a Recognizer. I couldn't believe my eyes at what I was seeing. The old man finally did it I told to myself. My mind finally snapped as I tried to run, but the ground around me slowly fell downwards. I literally had nowhere to run, and for some reason my wings wouldn't work. I tried to use my horn on it too, but to no avail. I was forced to be taken by the Recognizer. The Recognizer landed and out came two Recognizer guards. The two guards pulled me towards the Hull of the Recognizer and as I stepped in, my hooves were locked in place. All I could do was watch myself be taken prisoner by these... things. I felt the Recognizer slowly rise into the air, and when we reached the perfect altitude, we were off. I watched all the cool, slick, and retro buildings pass as we soared through the sky. The sight was amazing as much as it was pointless how I may never see them again. As we slowly approached the destination, I tried to communicate to the other "strays", but I was ignored, except this one stray who had half his face off. I just looked at him and wondered what happened to him. What was creepier was that he gave me this robotic growl, sending chills up my spine.

We finally arrive at what looked like some sort of tower, but surprisingly, I could hear ponies cheering from a distance, which gave me the thought that this wasn't some jail, it's a Colosseum. I looked in all possible directions to find an escape route, but this place was a wasteland. At my right was a guard sentry, similar looking to the Recognizer guards, announcing the verdict of each pony. "Listen, you might have gotten this too many times, but there's been a mistake" I told the sentry, but he completely ignored my existence and the sentry walked up to me, then he finally announced my verdict, I was ready for it. "Games" he spoke in a monotonously, distorted voice. I had a feeling that wasn't fun, or good for that matter, but my train of thought went off track as I noticed a stray running for his life screaming "I'd rather be derezzed than playing in your games". He jumped off the platform. The guards tried to stop him, but they were too late. All I could hear was his shrieking yell until it came to a sudden stop. "He was derezzed..." I told myself under my breath.

I noticed my hooves were free from containment, but immediately, the sentries pulled me to a platform in front of the tower. I was rushed onto the platform when, again, my hooves were locked in place, except I went down instead of up. The repeated patterns of the lights continued constantly for several seconds, making me feel dizzy. I finally land. I looked around and thought to myself "this must be the armory..." My hooves were still firmly enclosed to the platform as I struggled free, then I heard a pulse. Then one by one ponies were released from what looked like a sleep pod. These ponies, as I remember being told, were Sirens. They slowly approached me. I looked at them all, one by one, they surrounded me. They started touching me in places, looking for some sort of trigger, when I felt a hoof touch my wing, feeling a throb. I felt something enshroud my body, and from the looks of it, it was skin tight encasing, sort of like what Spider-Colt always wore. Waiting patiently for the cloth to finish growing over my body, they finally place the armor, and instantly, my suit lights up to a bright red. This armor reminded me of the armor Tron used to wear in the games I played. Abruptly, I then heard an announcement "You will be receiving a Light Disc, this disc contains all your digital program settings." I saw a Siren engage a disc on my back and I heard a charge up noise as the announcement continued. "This disc is the key to your life and very survival here in the Grid. Try not to lose it, if you misplace this disc, you are prone to immediate De-resolution". Then I remembered the pony who jumped off the platform and derezzed. I couldn't imagine that happening to me. After contemplating, I noticed that one by one, the Sirens returned to their pods. Being curious as what to do, I ask a Siren "Hey!" I told a Siren. "What am I supposed to do here?" I asked her with plead. She just looked at me in content, as if I had potential for something. She finally responded "Survive" she said bluntly with a smirk. My mind just sank at those words, putting thoughts in my head thinking Survive? Survive from what? Some sort of monster? Talking to no one but myself, I spoke up "That pretty much puts my life on the line" I said to myself. I looked around to see the Sirens return to their pods, so they can do what looks like some cryo-sleep. I waited for something else to happen, and sure enough, it did. My hooves were finally free from those cuffs. I sighed with relief and pleasure as my hooves were no longer in pain from the containment. I look around only to see the slick, black ground directing me to move forward. So I did what it was directing me to do. The doors slide open and all I could see was a blinding light flashing in my face. As my vision slowly adjusted to the light, I noticed that I was in the Colosseum. Not just any Colosseum though, this was called the Arena. I looked around stunned, by how huge this place was. The sleek floating platforms, the huge crowd of fans, it felt like some weird version of a football game.

All I heard was the constant cheering among all the ponies. The Arena was huge, and definitely something to catch excitement. I walk forwards and I see I was on a rising platform. I heard a very light hum as I slowly rose to my destination. I looked upwards to see too warriors fighting each other, with what looked like their light discs. Each one struggling to derezz each other. They were very flexible and intelligent, each disc was thrown almost as fast as a baseball. Of course as soon as I saw one of the warriors was derezzed, my platform came to a halt, and I lost sight of the match. Suddenly, the floating platform merged with another one, also holding a different warrior and my first instinct was to pull out my disc. I looked at my enemy, he looked fast and very skilled. His mane was unkempt and he had a deep scar on his face. His armor was tattered and no longer shiny and new like mine, which gave me the idea this guy was a veteran. He prepared himself, and pulled out his disc. As soon as I heard some horn noise, he threw his disc without any delay, and this disc sped straight for me, like anyone new to this, I duck. He had caught me completely off guard. He gave me a light chuckle, as if I were some amusement to him. "Oh, so you wanna play? All right, I'll play" I told him with a penetrating glare. I chucked my disc straight for him, like any pro, he dodged it and It missed. He threw his disc and I dodged again while catching my disc. I was still kneeling and like anyone else would, the enemy took this chance to strike. With quick thinking, I backed up and threw my disc on what looked like a small hexagonal tile. As expected, it broke. The warrior saw what I did, and as I thought, he hit his head on the edge and fell down. He fell and hit the ground with a great impact causing all of his bytes to spread across the field. The crowd roared with expected excitement. He had been derezzed by me. My disc bounced off the wall above me and by using my magic, I catch it and returned it to my slot. The crowd had congratulated me on defeating the pony. The plat form shifted to a different position. As I waited for the platform to reach the new enemy, I looked up to see, what looked like a shadowy figure. "That must be the man in charge..." I told myself as I was oblivious that the platform stopped, until I heard a whirring disc fly straight at me. I notice and at the last second, I pull out my disc and deflect it away, so I ran up to him, and threw my disc at him. The disc had staggered him, causing him to fall over. Without any moment to spare, I jump across the gap in between the two platforms. I catch my disc from the previous throw while jumping and I threw my disc and mercilessly derezzed him. I had defeated my enemy once again. The platform shifted to the next pony and I continued on. As I rose from round to round, I had the thought that if I make it far enough, I'll be able to meet the colt behind all this As I did this, I didn't realize I was being watched, until I finally reached the end.

A new round started and by the look of the platform, it had this "Final Round" feeling to it. Obviously enough, this was the Final Round. I couldn't help but laugh on how easy that was. Something broke my smile as I notice something. I noticed a dark figure on the other side of the platform. This pony was different from the rest. This creature wore a pitch black mask, which was crafted to give this thing an artificial horn, and the initial color of the outfit was rainbow. As if this enemy were some machine, this one would constantly give off this, mechanical purr. From the posture and looks, I'd say this pony was a mare. The only unique feature that caught my eye though was the ominous Rainbow hair. She stood firm and she pulled out her disc, except she did something to it. The clicking caused the disc to release something and a second disc appeared. This pony had two Light Discs, each one was uniquely crafted. I thought to myself that this pony won't be so easy to defeat this time. She looked at me intensely, as if shes seen me before. The match began and she pegged her disc straight at me, I barely dodged the disc, and it cut off a few hairs. I gave the mare a glare, and I chucked my disc, and she swiftly dodged it and threw her second one. I dodged this one with ease. Abruptly, I heard a siren, and in an instant, I felt the gravity shift, and I fell up. I hit the ceiling with my face, falling over. I swiftly get up and the fist thing I saw was the mare's mask. We hit each other's discs and after doing that for a time, gravity shifted to normal. I fell again,and I got up, this time, I threw my disc, but it missed, the mare threw her disc at full speed and I fall over. I quickly get up to dodge and catch my disc. I threw it again, and since she had no disc, she ran and did an aerial dodge, catching her two discs mid-jump. She landed throwing another disc at me. I block it away, and she threw her second one, causing me to lose my disc, which made me fall over from the force of the disc's impact. She caught her two discs as I was on the ground in shock. The next disc she threw, hit my foreleg. The pain was fierce with a burning sensation, but it was fast. I growled by the pain. Then as I was about to get up the warrior pounces me, pinning me to the ground to finish me off. As soon as the blow was about to make it's impact into my neck, she came to a halt. The heat from the irradiated disc made me feel uncomfortable. She noticed the blood dripping on the platform. She brought back her disc and took a hoofstep back. She looked as if she were shocked by my blood. She hoarsely murmured the word "User..." to herself. I looked at her in disbelief, I could've sworn I could hear hope in her voice.

She then picked me up from the platform. She brought me to an elevator. The door opened, forcing me in as it closed. As the elevator rose, she was holding my foreleg firmly so I couldn't break free, but then again, I'm in an elevator, so where could I go?. "Hey, do you mind letting me go? There's nowhere for me to run, plus you're kind of hurting my foreleg." I asked her with politeness. She hesitated for a moment and let me go. "Thank you" I said delightedly knowing my foreleg isn't being crushed by her grip. The elevator continued the light humming for a brief time as we both stood there. I could see nothing but lights whiz downwards as we both moved upwards. I looked over to look at the mysterious mare as she sat there contemplating. She shot up as we slowed down. The humming came to a stop. She instantly took my foreleg again. She had brought me to the top of the Overlook Tower. The elevator doors opened and she forced me in the room. I looked around in the room when I heard the elevator door close. I saw the room, and the whole room was lit in an orange tint, both sides of the room were equipped with monitors with two ponies working them. I noticed another program staring at me, surprised. I'm sure he noticed the blood as well. He whispered to himself "A user?!". I then saw the room and the figure in front of me. His cloak was covering both his mane and his body. I could hear him breathing too, it was a slow but somewhat heavy inhale. The figure was staring blankly out the window. Until he finally spoke "Ah Welcome, Sharp Shadow" he said ominously as he finally turned towards me slowly. I couldn't believe what I saw. His facial expression had matched the one I remembered for twenty years. I could feel my hope rise. I just wanted to burst out in tears as I finally got to see him again. It all seemed off though. He looks almost exactly the same as I remember from twenty years ago. I instantly knew there was a problem, but I finally spoke up to him, "Oh my Celestia... I can't be! Dad?!"