• Published 1st Nov 2016
  • 1,384 Views, 57 Comments

This is what we do - Foxgear



Life has changed for Big Mac, he's graduated High school, runs the Apple family farm, hunts monsters, and is soon to be married. He couldn't be happier with his day to day, but as the day to day danger grows. How will he keep his loved ones safe?

  • ...
10
 57
 1,384

Full Throttle Flame: Overheat

This is what we do Chapter 24
By Foxgear


RIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Was all he heard a loud sharp noise, like those in TV and movies after an explosion went off. His vision was fog, dust fell, ceiling lights flickered, there was screaming. A lot of screaming. He tries to stand, the ground wobbling and shaking. Someone grabs him, they were shouting at him.

“Mac! Come on Mac let’s go!”

It was Feri. He was dragging him somewhere. There was so much damn noise! He wished everything would quiet down.

“FOCUS MAC!”

It came rushing back to him! Monsters in the city, the club… holy shit, the club hit the police station! Behind them, the ceiling collapses, as giant green/gray hands dig through the walls. Screams and gunfire erupt. He pulls his hand free of Feri’s grip.

“We gotta help them!” He shouts over the carnage. His godfather looked conflicted. Mac notices the two slumped bodies hanging over the Detective’s shoulder, Moon Dancer, and Inspector Ember. Feri looks at him with guilt-ridden eyes.

“We can’t save everybody, Mac.”

“We can’t just leave them to die either! We can’t just run away!” He turns to head back to the fray, Feri grabbing his shoulder and tossing him to the edge of the stairs. Before he could rebuke Feri tossed him Moon Dancer and Ember, almost sending him stumbling down the stairs. Feri stands stalwartly as he summons his claymore. “You won’t win alone.”

“Maybe,” Feri shrugs, “but I’ll fight better knowing you're safe.”

“I can fight! I’m not some novice! I…” His rant his cut short as Feri embraces him.

“I know, but you're more important than I am. I promised your father and your wife I’d keep you safe.” Feri transformed, his wings forming around them all. “Sorry.”

Before Mac could even attempt to struggle Feri grabbed them all and flew them out of the police station. In the fiery haze, Mac had no sense of where they were going only that he and the two women over his shoulder were suddenly on a rooftop. Several blocks away from the station. Mac watched as the giant monsters dug at the police building knowing they’d tear it down within minutes. He looks in the opposite direction, spotting the hospital. He curses his godfather’s protectiveness and activates the flight function on his coat and sets off towards the hospital as fast as he could.

--break

With Mac occupied with Ember and Moon Dancer Feri flew back to the station overlooking the street the Giants appeared in. He grimaced, his lunch rising up at the sight of the red paste of human remains left behind the giants march to the station. Everyone on the street had probably been trampled to death or worse. He saw a severed leg with indications it had been bitten off. Yeah, there was defiantly worse ways to go.

“Damn bastards!” Drawing his claymore, he let out all the magic he could muster becoming a flaming sphere he charged into one of the giant’s necks! His superheated blade cooking into the monster’s flesh! The beast let out a howl, stopping it’s tearing to try and grab him. Ripping the blade free he slashes at its fingers severing two of the meaty appendages off its right hand! The beast wails!

“I’ll give ya something to cry about your mangy piece of shit!” Flying to the right side of the giant’s head Ferocious gathers a ball of flame into his hand and chucks it under the giant’s helmet. It cried and scrambled backward, it’s brethren finally took notice of its brother’s situation. In a frantic frenzy, the giant removes its helm. He flies back gaining some takeoff speed and thrusts his sword ahead! “Dumbass! Full Throttle Flame!”

Like a lancer with rockets, he shot through the giant’s earhole blasted through its brain and out the other side. The giant staggers, it’s eyes rolling back as it falls on its knees dead, it’s brains still smoldering. He lands on his first kill, the remaining four tightening the straps on their helms. They looked angry.

“Your gonna fight or just stand there!” He taunts. “Come on! Bring it!”

One giant leans down, charging him, he lets his magic run wild and charges full throttle, intent on skewering the second one’s eye. He flashes forward, the giant ducking his head just enough for his attack miss, his blade scraping against the giant’s helm. Just like he thought he couldn’t pierce it. He slows down, flying up, quickly dodging as the third giant swings its massive club at him. It was slow, slow enough for him to dodge, but the wind pressure from the swing sent him craning off course and into the fourth Giant’s line of fire as it readies up to bat.

“Full Throttle Flame!” Rearing back he launches his sword like a spear and blows a hole in the fourth giant's kneecap, his sword piercing into the street as the giant buckles under its own weight. Creating a fireball, he tosses it into the giant's face as he zooms around to retrieve his sword. Trying to summon it would leave him open. He banks around the downed giant’s leg, when the second and third giant come crashing in, their massive legs closing his airspace. Forcing him to veer away, he dives, weaves and skids across the ground, roaring as fire dances on his fingers. Nico’s lessons at the forefront of his mind. When you give a spell a name, you give it power. He always thought it was a silly cartoonish thing to do, naming your attacks. Still, it was helpful.

Forearms aflame he crosses them, the heat building intensity as he sights in the second giant. “Full Throttle Flame: Pentecost!” A giant flaming cross as tall has him ignites, throwing his arms back the attack is let loose the roaring flames hitting the giant, a bird emerges from the cross engulfing the giant! It screams and roars as its fat boils beneath its skin, the beast claws at the burning flesh, ripping it open, the flesh melting off the bones. The other two giants stand back as their friend is reduced to melting burning corpse. They turn their attention to him, revenge on their minds as they stomp towards him.

“Shit, Full throttle flame!” He rockets away, but slower then he’d like. His limbs felt sluggish and heavy. The third giant bears down on him with an overhead strike with its club, Ferocious barely spirals out of the way, his breathing labored. Falling to his knees, the air pressure of the strike sending him rolling across the ground. Gritting his teeth, he spots his sword and rockets to it, this time even slower than before. The fourth giant tries to get him with another overhead strike, creating a fireball he throws it at the monster’s face blocking it’s view and takes back his sword.

Then his wings disappear.

Ferocious hits the ground hard, his face grinding against the red stained tar. He growls, knowing he’s used too much magic. That was the problem with using Full Throttle Flame back to back, it burns through his magic like a motorcycle revved up high does fuel. He jumps around, the giants playing whack a mole with their clubs. Right now, he only had enough magic to have pony ears. He could still go full throttle, but it’d much weaker and it’s burn magic more quickly. Half throttle would be the way to go, at least he would have wings, but flying would be harder without his tail.

“Half Throttle!” Wings, less impressive ones, but still wings pop out of his back. He takes off sword in hand and goes for the injured Giant first. He only had two left! He could do this! He can do this! “Flametongue!” Flames burst forth from his blade, he goes for the left leg, the searing blade cutting deep, but not deep enough. He couldn’t reach the bone. Flapping his wings harder, he drags his blade through the giant’s leg, cutting out a clean cut of flesh, blood spilling forth from the smoking wound. Cutting down he cleaves a chunk of meat off the leg, exposing bone, just what he wanted. Heating his blade Ferocious drives his sword under the giant’s knee and with a strong twist of his sword severs the ligaments. The beast falls, crying to its knees. He looks up at the exposed neck and smiles.

“Flame joist!” Creating an explosion with his wings he rockets up the Giant’s body his sword posed ahead, piercing the green/gray flesh, right on top of the jugular. The tip of his blade stuck in the spinal cord.

His wings disappear again. Leaving hanging by the handle of his sword.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck!” He tries to kick-start his magic, to get anything, but his tank was empty! He couldn’t even form ears anymore! The hot breath of the final giant blows on his back. Adjusting his grip on the sword hilt he turns himself to stare into the beast’s eyes. It reached towards him with its hand, he kicked its fingers with his feet amusing the beast as it grabs his leg! “What da think ya doing huh? Goanna eat me, are ya? Well, good luck! I’m really spicy!”

The giant tugs at his legs, if not for his sword coming free his thigh bone would have been pulled out of its socket, not that it matters. Just being in the damn thing's grip felt like enough to shatter his bones! The giant brought him towards the mouth, he raises his sword, jamming it between its teeth, pushing against the massive closing jaws.

“Fuck it!” Slipping his sword between the rancid smelling teeth into the gums Ferocious got a nice shower of blood as the giant let go, screaming in pain, the noise almost rendering him death as he falls into the giant’s mouth. It’s tongue wet and slippery. His boots slip on the taste buds, his hands still on the hilt of his sword as he tries to free it. The giant tips it’s head back, chomping its teeth together. His hands are covered in saliva and his fingers slip and he falls into the throat. “This is fucking horse shit!”

He’s swallowed.


Ferocious’s eyes snap open, he must have passed out when going down the giant’s throat. Honesty he’s surprised to be alive. He’d thought the giant's digestive tract would have killed him or the lack of oxygen would have. That was probably why he passed out, but how did he… his coat!

With a disheartening sigh, Feri held the tattered remains of his dad’s patroller’s coat. The threads and chainmail melted away by the acid. Even his leather boots were barely hanging together, but what was he floating on… OH GOD!

His heart flew up into his throat as he found he was floating on a compressed batch of dead bodies! Dozens of humans in varying states of decay lay stuck together by some strange cyclized substance in a lake of blood. It was then he realized he couldn’t have landed here by chance. And he finally hears the soft weeping of a woman behind him.

The woman had teal skin, badly burned from the acid, the tattered rags of her clothes hung loosely on her body as she clutched a bundle of clothes against her breast. She was whispering soft words to the bundle. He carefully approached her, discovering the bundle in her arms was a baby. He tried to touch it, to see if it was still alive. She freaked out and scrambled backward, falling on her back, revealing herself and her missing leg. It was crudely bandaged with blood seeping through the dirty shirt that made the splint. From the rough edges of the cloth, he could tell her leg had gotten bitten off when she was swallowed.

“It yours?” He asks gently. The woman looking at him with wide terrified eyes. She was young, maybe no older than twenty. The baby barely a year old. “Ma’am, trust me I can help. I’m a police officer. I need you to stay calm, can you do that?”

The woman nods hesitantly.

“Good, now did you pull me onto… this island?” She nods, her eye glancing down at the floating pile of corpses that served as their raft, he gently kept her from looking down. “Ok, now is that child yours?” She shakes her head.

“No,” She spoke hoarsely. “It’s parents… they held her above the…blood. I grabbed her but… I… I.. can’t… I couldn’t… I…I…”

“It’s ok. Don’t worry, I’ll get you out of here.” She looks at him, the smallest spark of hope in her eyes.

“How,” She asks, begging, pleading for salvation. He just hopes he can deliver.

“I’m… I’m going to change. I’ll be scary, I won’t be able to talk very well, but know I am here to save you. Just climb on my back.” He kneels down, the woman struggling with her leg and the baby, she nearly choked him with her arm as she hugs his neck. “Hold on tight, it’s going to be a rough ride. Full Throttle Flame: Overheat.”

What little magic he had left surged, feeling off his lifeforce, a year of his life shouldn’t be too bad. It’s not like he was expecting to make retirement anyway. So much for his pension. Steam blew from his body; the remains of his boots were shredded as his feet mutated into bird talons. Feather grew from his arms, changing into wings. Ferocious snapped his teeth irritated as his vision narrows, the very tip of a bird’s beak at the edge of his vision. The woman let out a horrified cry, her grip becoming tighter as he began to lift off their platform.

“What are you!” She screams as he takes aim at the stomach walls.

He raised his talons, the scythe-like appendages glinting as he swipes his foot across the fatty inner walls. Cocking his head back his chest puffs up, smoke roiling from his beak as he lets out a stream of fire!

“I’m a Firebird!” He screeches, tearing into the belly fat, digging their way to freedom!


The giant was satisfied with it’s dealing of the puny being that killed his brethren. Devouring a worthy opponent was a high honor of their race and a great insult to the defeated. Already it could imagine the strength his defeated foe would grant him once digested. Perhaps it would be enough to shake off the shacks of that little pink witch that summoned them to this world.

When they were summoned they had been six. Their leader had tried to kill the pink witch when she told them they would be following her orders. The leader didn’t like that and tried to kill her in single combat. They had been honored bound to stand back and watch their leader be brought down by the pink witch, using only her finger she made leader’s head touch the earth and then with a single jab of her hand, leader exploded!

After that horrifying display of dominance, they all begrudgingly fell into the line. After that, she used her strange amulet to turn herself into a harpy and transport them to this place. To say the least their feast has been bountiful and the task easy until the arrival of the Flaming Sword wielder.
“What where the creatures called again… hayes, humans.” The giant chuckles patting his belly. “Not quite as meaty as ponies, but still good.”

Stomping his way towards the police station the giant reached up to continue tearing apart the fortress that held the Pink witch’s target. Before his fingers could touch the rough red stone, a gut-splitting pain assaulted him. He bellowed out, holding his stomach as the ripping sensation overloads his brain. Blood, fat, and acid mixed creating a cocktail of pains he’s never experienced and then came the heat. His stomach begins to burn like a fire was raging within it. He claws at this belly, his breathing accelerating as a blade-like object protrudes from his stomach. He tries to grab it, but it disappears. He brings his hands away, fear in his heart as a terrible shriek comes from beneath his skin!

The horrible realization hit him as a razor-sharp scythe-like talon ripped open his stomach from within, blood, fat, and flames exploding out of the wound as phoenix-like creature bursts from his stomach. He falls on his back, holding his stomach with his hands. The Avion creature circling in the sky, like a vulture about to feast. The bird let out a shriek and dived. He let out a gurgling scream as the bird’s talons ripped his throat and its beak pecked out his eyes. He felt the hard-pointed beak through his eye socket and then the pain stopped.


Ferocious touched down next to a fire hydrant and gently let the woman and baby down next to it. With his talon he cuts the top off, spraying turret of water into the air. Raindrops fell slowly washing the blood off the two. Once they were clean enough that they weren’t completely covered in blood and stomach acid, he used his fire to heat the fire hydrant and seal it closed again.

“Pardon me for a moment.” Much to the surprise of the woman he wrapped her and the baby in his wings, heating and drying them as best he could. Steam rose from his body and his feather began to fall, releasing him from his monstrous form. Well, mostly. His feet were still that of birds. Stepping back from the two, both completely covered in his feathers. A mother bird and her chick. The sight makes him smile, the true horror around him forgotten for the briefest of moments. But it couldn’t last.

“HELP!” A scream came from the police station, only to be quickly silenced.

“I gotta go.” He says, the woman grabbing his arm, her body trembling in fear.

“Please don’t leave us!” She cries.

Gently Ferocious loosen her grip and put her hand back to support the baby’s head. A habit Applejane had drilled into him whenever he was allowed to hold one of the kids. “It’s alright.” He cooed, hopefully, he could get her to calm down, the baby would stay calm. It was quiet, even after the rough ride. He quickly put his fingers on its pulse and breathes a sigh of relief. Somehow it survived getting out of the stomach and him going crazy and pecking the giant’s eyes out. God knows how that’s possible, but he’ll take any miracle he can get right now. “My…um… friend will be here soon and so will emergency personnel.” In the background, he could hear the ambulance sirens. Took them long enough, but it was better late than never. Later better in this case because the EMTs would have probably just been giant food anyway. “Just stay calm Miss… er… Mrs.? Um…” He just realized he didn’t know her name.

“Vapor Trail. I’m not married… yet, but…” Her hand fell on her missing leg. “I was hoping to be. I just got engaged.”

“Right, well that’s a problem I can’t fix. You and the little gal here just sit tight. Help will be here soon. But if your boyfriend does dump you… um… here. You’ll find some better caliber of men here.” He hands out a card of the VFW and walks away. Grabbing his claymore, he jumps, his talon legs sending him flying up three stories, his clawed feet grabbing the crumbling edge of the third floor. He wonders how long his body will be like this. Last time it took him three days to change back to normal. “Don’t shoot me now guys.” He mumbles entering the darkness of the station.
Inside the lights flickered violently. The harsh glare messing up his vision as he feels around the destroyed office. The tough scaling of his bird feet slam against a broken desk, at least he didn’t have to deal with a stubbed toe with these things.

“Anyone alive?” He shouts into the darkness. Holding out his hand he ignites it, creating flames on his palm, illuminating the bodies of slain police officers. Blood rain across the slanted floor like a river, flowing around spent bullet casings and bodies. He bent down, inspecting the wounds on the nearest body. Nail marks mar the man’s neck, he’d been strangled to death. “That’s a shitty way to go.” He stands up, his ears tingling at the familiar click-click of a shotgun being racked! Diving a spray of buckshot goes over his head, three of the .38 ACP balls blowing the desk in front of him to pieces.

“Came back here you freak!” The enraged voice of Vice Captain Pharynx roars. Another buck shot burst blows the remains of the tables away.

“Chief!” Ferocious screams, his hand finding a discarded nine mil. He really didn’t want to shoot the vice chief, but he wasn’t going to take buckshot and live either. “Chief it’s me! It’s Ferocious!”

There was a pause. The duet of their respected heavy breathing filling the air. “Ferocious.” Pharynx, his voice relaxing. “Prove it, what’s your badge number!”

“You fucking know I don’t remember that! Wait…” He digs into the remains of his coat, pulling his badge from his breast pocket. Good thing this survived. “Ok, it’s…” Pharynx pokes his head over the pile of destroyed desks. A pistol in his hand. They stare at each other, him holding his badge like an idiot.

“Yeah, that’s you,” Pharynx caught sight of his transformed legs. “At least I think it is. What the hell happened to you? You got crow’s feet?” He joked, Ferocious figured the Vice Chief was probably just trying to keep his sanity at this point.

“Birth defect,” he replied getting up. “What’s the situation. I was expecting everyone to be rejoicing after my awesome win outside. Which I guess nobody saw.”

Pharynx looks out the hole in the wall, spying the dead giants outside. He whistled at the sight as the flashing lights of the ambulance light up the scene and the bystanders from the other streets come over to see what’s going on now that the noise is gone.

“Damn, I thought I saw shit overseas.” Pharynx looks at him. “But you don’t seem surprised. In fact, you seemed prepared. I saw a red blur leave the building, Ember, and your two guests nowhere in sight.”

“I saved who was in reach first,” Ferocious replied. “Now what’s going on? Where’s the pink harpy? The one riding on the giant’s shoulder before shit went down. She’s in the building, right?” Pharynx nodded, pointing toward the stairs.

“She came flying in during the confusion. Screaming about something I couldn’t hear over the noise. She slaughtered her way through anyone in her path. Thorax and some others chased after her. She clocked me good with her tail, I didn’t wake up till just a bit ago.”

“Her tail?” Ferocious questions. Harpies had tails sure, but they were just a bunch of feather on their ass.

Pharynx looked mirth. “Yeah, her tail! The damn thing was like a giant pink snake coming out the top of her ass! It was maybe ten feet long and hit like a whip! Look at the mark she gave me!” He tilts his chin to show him. Along laceration ran down Pharynx’s face down to his shoulder. The cut was rough like the skin had been shaven off. Meaning the tail was scaled.

“Harpies don’t have tails like… shit, it’s one of them!”

“One of whom?” Pharynx demands. Ferocious ignoring him as he makes for the stairs. He didn’t have time to waste. Given the all pink theme of the harpy in question it was a winning bet it was the SIN that infected Pinkie Pie. “Ferocious! What’s going on! What do you know!”

“I don’t have time to explain! Just know magic and monsters are real and that’s what most of my cases have been! That’s the long short of it, now I gotta go, you stay here!” Ferocious made a break for the stairs. Bounding up them in a few steps. Naturally, he heard the sound of Pharynx’s steps running up behind him. He figured the vice chief wouldn’t listen to him, but he had to try.

Ears to the floor Ferocious listens for anything, but everything was deathly quiet. Then there was a crunch and then gunfire and screaming! The labs! Running as fast he could he saw a body get through threw one of the lab windows and hit the wall. It was Chief Thorax!

“Chief!” He skids protectively in front the light green man. His prey inside the lab, holding up one of the lab techs with her tail. It was one of the pretty ones too. “Let her go!” He orders, ponying up, he only got the ears to go along with his mutated feet. He brandishes his blade and nine mil pistol. “Do it Pinkie!”

She turns towards him, dropping the lab tech, the purple-blue woman greedily sucking in air as Pinkie stomps towards him. Her claws feet breaking tiles and her tail thrashing about, wrecking the lab even further. He did have one advantage; her arms were wings right now. So, no fingers.

“Where is she!” The mutated Pinkie squawks. Her voice a jumbled mess of overlapping sounds.

“Why don’t you be a good girl and let me carve that snake or whatever is in your stomach out of you. Come on, Pinkie, you know this isn’t you.”

“No,” She replied. “No, Pinkie. Only Spite.”

“We’ll see about that,” he rushes ahead, swinging his sword around, her tail flashes like a whip and knocks its wide, throwing off his slash. He raises his pistol, but it suddenly became heavy, very heavy! “The fuck!”

The gun hit the ground like it weighed a million pounds! It cracked the floor and then fell through it, slipping from his fingers. He rose off his knee, sword thrust ahead, only for the same thing to happen.

“Foolish prey,” She spat. Ferocious was suddenly weightless and slammed into the ceiling. Sparks and plaster falling on him and then the ground became closer as his face was smashed into it. He grits his teeth, his body not moving as Pinkie, no Spite, knelt beside him. Running her finger across his coat. “Where is Moon Dancer?”
“Fuck you!”

BANG!

His coat suddenly explodes! Fucking magic hacks!

“I’ll ask again, this time the explosion will be bigger! Where is Moon Dancer!” She grabs his shirt, it began to glow and sparkle. “Times wasting. I’ll start doing your fingernails next!”

“Hey, bitch!” Pharynx yells, firing his shotgun at her. Spite drops Ferocious’s shirt, using her gravity magic to knock the buckshot out of the way. Ferocious finds himself free! He pounces knocking her feet out from under her and grabs her in a headlock!

“No easy using two different magics at once is it! IS IT!” He twists their bodies so the Pharynx, Thorax and the others gathered in the hall had clear shot. “Take her out!”

They take aim, guns locked and loaded, fingers on the trigger. The muzzles flash and lead flies, but ‘Spite’ suddenly shrinks changing from a six-foot harpy to a winged snake and slithered out of his grasp! Her scales cutting his hands as he tried to grab her. He rolls taking a shot in the shoulder, arm, and leg, all on his right side.

“You’re not getting away!” He screams trying to grab her again. She slithered right out of his bloody fingers and disappears beneath the rubble. The room goes quiet as everyone tenses, listening for the pink snake.

“Behind you!” Thorax shouts, him and Pharynx training their guns. Spite lands on his back, coiling around his neck, trying to strangle him! “Fucking little bitch!” He pulls hard, prying a piece of her body away from his neck. “Somebody run up and shoot her!” He barks. Pharynx runs shoving his shotgun barrel forward for a point-blank shot when Spite suddenly grows! Her body coming massive, she hisses knocking Pharyanx’s shotgun away with her tail. He pushes the vice chief away as she begins to coil around him.

“Come any closer and he dies!” She hisses, her coiling body crushing his body tighter and tighter! The others look uncertain what to do. Their training overriding the obvious answer to shoot her and don’t worry about him!

“Shoot her! Don’t worry about hurting her! Just try not to kill her!” He shouts, remembering under the monster currently killing him there was an innocent girl inside. Somewhere.

A wall explodes, daylight streaming inside the lab as a winged figure hovers in the new hole in the wall. It was Mac! The farm boy reared back, his chest expanding rapidly! He knew what that meant!

“Everyone get down!” He shouts as Mac let’s loose a stream of fire at Spite. She hissed, various debris exploding, creating a wall of flames between the two attacks. Her coils loosen and he falls to the ground. “Don’t let her get away Mac!”

“I can’t see her!” He retorts as the tingle of magic fills the air. A green portal appears, sucking away the dust, Spite’s serpentine tail disappearing inside it before it closes.

Sighing Ferocious fell on his back, his ears disappearing, even his feet returned to normal. He was completely out of magic. Mac pulled him up the arm, the young man hosting him onto his back. “Let’s get you out of here. We don’t have time to get caught up here.”

“Your right,” Feri agreed, already the crowds were beginning together, news helicopters were on their way. It was defiantly time to go. “We’ll leave things in your hand’s chief. I’ll try to have this all cleaned up before the end of the week. Whatever this is.”

“Feri wait!” Pharynx’s words fell flat as Mac took off into the sky.


Thirty minutes later and one commandeered vehicle. Mac and Feri along with Moon Dancer still asleep in the back drove their ‘borrowed’ Buick back to the farm. Leaving the chaos of the city behind them as they drove to the brewing storm back home. The radio already a buzz about the tragic event. Witness testimonies where broadcasts. The woman Feri saved crying as she spoke of the ‘Superhero’ that saved her. The police being accused of lying as a flimsy cover story was put in place. And the final statement of the broadcaster asking.

“Is this the beginning of the End?” The question was an uneasy one for them to hear as they drove along the highway. A lot of people had died today. People killed by Pinkie, one of Applejack’s friends.

“Your phone working yet?” Mac asks as he speeds down the highway. Ferocious pulls out his cell, the screen black. Mac’s lay on the dash in the same condition. For the hell of it, they tried Moon Dancer’s, hers was also black. Fried by the massive wave of magic. So hopefully him fighting giants wasn’t going to be on Youtube.

“Nope,” He replied. He was in hot shit with his bosses. Probably even more for taking Moon Dancer out the hospital. But they couldn’t leave her there. Pinkie or rather Spite was after her, for whatever reason.

Settling down in his seat Ferocious leaned his head against the window and drifted off to sleep. Hoping things would get better from here. They had to after this shit show.

But he would be proven wrong.