• Published 1st Nov 2016
  • 1,380 Views, 57 Comments

This is what we do - Foxgear



Life has changed for Big Mac, he's graduated High school, runs the Apple family farm, hunts monsters, and is soon to be married. He couldn't be happier with his day to day, but as the day to day danger grows. How will he keep his loved ones safe?

  • ...
10
 57
 1,380

A day to ponder

This is what we Do ch 4

By foxgear


Adagio rolls in her bed hitting an unexpected wall of muscle, which she was very happy about. Snaking her arms out from under her blanket she wraps them around Mac’s massive form and hugs him close breathing in his scent. Kind of weird thing to do, but she found it calming after fretting over him all night. What she did mind was his smell. He apparently didn’t shower after getting home last night, meaning he had been out late, he smelt like gunpowder, sweat, sterilizer, and blood with a hint of pine, along with something that smelled dead. Like ran over and left to bake on the road dead.

(What the hell did he run into last night?)

Unable to stand the smell, Adagio not so reluctantly released her hold on Mac and rose to her knees, kneeling on the bed. It was still early, not even time for chores yet, Mac would be up soon regardless whether or not he got enough sleep to function. She could at least have some coffee and breakfast ready for him for when he wakes up. After chores, she would check his wounds and then force him back to bed for some sleep. He couldn’t keep doing this night after night without taking a break sometimes.

Carefully like a cat Adagio crawls over Mac, mindful not to hit him with her limbs. They really need to rearrange their bedroom. She was right against the wall and it was getting tiresome some to crawl over Mac every time she needed to get up, which was getting much more frequent with her pregnancy.

Clad in her loose fitting pajamas with little sea horses patterns, a gag gift from her sister in law’s friends and one she would get them back at them for despite their comfort. Tiptoeing to the kitchen she fills the coffee maker and sets it to roast. Next, she gathers up some eggs, bacon, and bread to make breakfast sandwiches.

The aroma of the cooking food rose into the air, filling the kitchen with tasty smells that were sure to reach Mac and the other house guests. Humming a little tune Adagio began to work on flipping the sizzling meat when a sudden ill feeling crept into her stomach.

“Ugh, I guess the Pregnancy book was right about the bacon smell,” She bemoaned.

Since this was her first pregnancy in either world, Adagio thought it only right to research what to expect from human birth, the smell of frying bacon being a bother was apparently a very common problem. She hadn’t had any problems with the tasty meat until today, though.

“Well, this sucks,” sighing Adagio shut off the burner and place a lid over the pan to keep the bacon warm. It was cooked enough to be edible, but it wasn’t quite crispy enough in her opinion; better than nothing she guessed.

Turning away from the stove Adagio went to wake Mac, only to bump into something or rather someone. Someone rather muscular, yet she could tell it wasn’t Mac, she looked up seeing pitch black skin and ash white marks that looked like tattoos of bones, leading up to a face with a skull painted on it.

She took a terrified step back away from the mysterious man. Her gums aching as her teethed enlarged and claws grew out of her fingertips. The man took a step back with his hands up, but she was too far gone to care or notice. She only saw red!

Adagio rears back and screamed, “GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!”

Pouncing like an angry timber wolf Adagio rakes her claws across skull face’s chest, only instead of blood, she found herself fall through his body and stumbling out of the kitchen and into the living room. She whips around, hissing angrily as the man stood in the same spot unharmed.

“Look Miss… I mean Mrs. I mean you no harm, I am a guest on your farm.”

She growled and hissed, striking again, once more her hand claws traveling through the man’s body like he wasn’t even here.

“What are you?” Adagio growls out, analyzing her opponent. He was like a fricking ghost!

From the bedroom, a thunder of hurried stomps shook the house as Mac came barreling out of the bedroom. He traveled the short distance through the hallway, passing a sleepy Kira and Applebloom on the stairs and slid to a stop next to Adagio, hurriedly grabbing her hand. The effect was instantaneous as Adagio returned to normal.

“There’s a fucking ghost in the house! Get me some salt!” She screamed rushing for the cardboard. Trying but failing to drag Mac with her. “What the matter? Do you not see what I see?”

“Yes, hun, I do,” Mac said gently, carefully pulling Adagio back and wrapping her in his arms. “This is Shadow Specter, patroller 0013; he saved my life last night.”

Adagio stopped struggling, “Oh… in that case how do you like your eggs?”

“Any way you want to make them is fine,” Shadow replied, still using phase in case Adagio attacked him again.

“Sounds good, Mac do you want to eat before chores?”

Mac smiles and kisses her cheek, “Gladly, since you went through the trouble.” He turns and glance at the stairs. “Go back to sleep Applebloom, it’s still awhile till school. You need your rest.”

Applebloom gave tired, “Aww” before compiling. The adults waiting for several minutes to make sure she had indeed gone back to bed. Mac took one loud step up the stairs and the sound of bed springs being compressed followed, signaling Applebloom was indeed in her bed this time.

“Don’t forget,” Adagio warned getting in Mac’s face. “Once you’ve eaten and done the morning chores its back to bed for you too. You’re looking like a raccoon with those eyes.”

He yawns, “Yes, dear,” and plop down in a chair as she hands him his plate, which he snaffled down with gusto. Mac plants a quick kiss on Adagio's cheek and left to the bedroom for some work clothes and was back out and out the front door in less than two minutes.

“Remember to shower too, you stink!” Adagio called out the door. Mac wave as he walked towards the barn, saying he heard her. Satisfied Adagio turns and faced her two house guests. “I’ll make you breakfast, but don’t touch me or we’ll have a repeat of earlier and I don’t want to accidently wreck my house because of that.”

Kira and Shadow step away from her as she walked back into the kitchen. They knew who was the boss of this house.

About thirty minutes later Mac returns the house, showers and sat down at the kitchen table with the others who had just finished breakfast. Kira and Shadow did the dishes while Adagio sat back and ate her own breakfast, two eggs, toast, a bowl of raisin brand, and a tall glass of juice. Nobody was dumb enough to comment on the amount of food as it would only earn them the sirens ire.

“So,” Adagio said cleaning her face with a napkin. “How did you end up bringing Mr. Spooky face home and how did he get here? Did the Princesses send you over here on a secret mission or something?”

“I am curious of that as well Specter,” added Kira looking sharply at her old friend. “You went MIA during the second Griffon war after a mission. What happened to you? You haven’t aged very much.”

“I would say the same, but you look so different than last I saw you back home. How long has it been since I was captured, a few decades from the looks of you Kira.” Specter teased, his smile quickly fading at Kira’s surprised face. “What, something the matter Kira?”

“Shadow,” Kira said softly laying a gentle hand on the patroller’s shoulder. “It’s been a thousand years.”

Shadow recoils, his face contorting into a multiple of different emotions, from shock to anger, to frustration to disbelief. “That’s… that’s impossible! I was only captured for a few months, a year or two at best.”

Kira firmly grabbed him by the shoulders and set him down in an empty chair. “Take a deep breath, calm down and tell us what happened.”

He did as she instructed, Shadow’s breathing slowed to a steady pace as he sat firmly ahead. “After I was discovered by the griffon King and his allies, I made a break for home and fled into the forest surrounding their fortress where they were meeting. The Amazon Zebra chief and her warriors tracked me down and captured me while my magic was exhausted and was unable to go intangible. She wanted me…” Specter turned crimson. “She wanted me as a breeder. Hoping my ghost abilities would be passed down. I told her I would go if she sent a warning to the princesses. A winged zebra flew off to do that, though whether she actually delivered the warning I do not know.”

Kira interrupts, “Celestia did receive a letter warning that the Griffon would attack that day. Seems they held up their side of the deal. Please continue.”

Shadow let out a sigh of relief, “I’m glad you got the message. After my capture, I was taken to the Amazon village. I was bedded with five mares at a time for at least two or three heat cycles.”

“Wait,” Mac said interrupting this time. “You just did it, just like that?”

Specter growls, slightly annoyed by the interruption. “Yes, I gave them my word I would and though I don’t know how you mate in this world. Back home once the heat hits you, it’s pretty much impossible to resist and I was the only male they had captured that time so I was busy. Before you ask, no, I couldn’t escape. Zebras are master potion makers. They were able to make a brew that they forced me to drink that suppressed my magic. I never had enough strength to put up much of fight. Until the night the Stone Cyclops attacked. It was at the end of the last cycle, my first batch of mates was about to give birth when the village was attacked. I fought beside the warriors of the tribe, missing my daily potion as a result. I planned to leave after the attack as over, but as I chased a group of them away a strange portal appeared and the cyclops I was possessing fell in with several others. I found myself here in this strange body and met a blue haired girl that the cyclops had found and possessed her to fend them off.”

Adagio jumps out of her seat and ran in front of Specter, “You’re the one who saved Sonata?”

He nods, “I guess so. Saved is a loose term. She was freaking out about having ghost abilities and I was off balance due to being in a new body and world, so I transported her away from the cyclops to a safer location and went back to hunt them down myself. Now that I think about it, you two seem familiar. You were part of the group that was fighting by the river, correct?”

Kira nodded, “Yes, I was there too. Why didn’t you reveal yourself to us after that?”

“I thought I smelt you. I was gonna ask if was you, but then you got in that weird metal carriage and drove off. I couldn’t keep up.”

Silence filled the room as everyone a resounding, “…Oh…”

“Anyway, I saw this guy,” Specter points to Mac. “And his carriage again and followed him by jumping between bodies in the carriages following him, after he, Kira, and the other mare.”

“Woman,” Kira corrected.

“Woman,” affirmed Specter mulling the new word over before continuing. “After they got out of the carriage I waited and watched them till Mac returned. I followed you three into the woods, but got lost. I found you again after Kira fought that monster. What was that thing by the way? Looked like something Hoofenstein cooked up.”

“It was,” Kira confirmed, “That was a Gore, Hoofenstein’s last monster.”

Shadow nods in understanding, “I see. I have told my tale. Kira if you would tell me what has happened.”

Kira strokes her chin in thought, “I think taking you home will be better, Sixes and Luna can explain it all there. Mac, I know you’re tired, but could you please give me and Shadow a ride to the portal?”

Mac looks to Adagio, who sighs and waved him off, “Fine, go. But bring Sonata home when you do. Nyx is raising a fuss.”

He smiled and kissed her on the cheek, “I’ll be home soon. Come on you two, the sooner the better.”

Mac led the two patrollers to the truck, Kira taking shotgun while Shadow Specter climbs in the back of the truck bed, not wanting to sit in the middle. The drive to town didn’t take long and the three arrive at the school before any of the teachers. Parking the truck across the street the trio walk over the portal.

“I’ll be seeing you two. I hope things work out for you back home Shadow.” Mac shook the ghost patroller’s hand. Shadow nodding and saying his thanks, moving aside to let Kira say her goodbyes. “Nice having you Kira, sorry your vacation was cut short.”

“It is fine Mac, there are more important things. Before we go, I must ask, have you thought about Sixes’s offer to train you?”

Mac flinch at the statement, looking embarrassed , “Not really, why?”

“I think you should take his offer, come to Equestria with us and learn how to use magic there; it may help you understand the magic in this world better. Right now you’re an ok magic user, you can increase your strength and speed, but there is so much more than that. The monsters will only get stronger, even I couldn’t defeat that Gore alone, what hope do you have next time alone?”

“I have Sonata and Aria, Adagio and Maddie sometimes.”

“Mac,” Kira said seriously, “You and your friends are good. I do not doubt that, but you’re not trained warriors like me or Sixes. Even just a few days in Equestria might help you.”

“Why can’t Sixes or someone just come here?”

Kira sighs, giving him a frustrated look, “Magic in Equestria has rules we understand, and we know how to teach it and how to use it. Here we don’t know the rules. A good example is Shadow here, he was able to use his powers here as easily as back home, but when I first came here I had to use Princess Twilight’s magic candy to unlock my magic in this world. You already know how to active magic here, now you just need to learn how to use it. Equestria is the best place to do that.”

“I’ll… I’ll think about it. Give me the day to think, I need to pick up Sonata and talk with Adagio about this.”

Kira nods in understanding, “Of course, take your time. Just know there may come a time when there won’t be time to teach you.” She and Shadow step into the portal, leaving Mac standing out in the cool morning curious and confused.


“Yay, I can go home!”

“Not till you pay you bill and sit still!” Nyx chides Sonata as she wheels the blue siren towards the entrance. Mac was waiting at the receptionist’s desk. “I’ll take care of this Blue Cross, you can go on break.”

“Thanks, Nyx,” said Blue Cross, taking her leave.

Nyx wheels Sonata to Mac, letting the farmer take her charge. “Five hundred cash and take the pink one too. She’s been sleeping in my office.”

Mac chuckles, “You make Aria sound like Pinkie Pie.”

The changeling nurse’s face turned sour at the name, “Do not even mention that girl. She needs to go to the sanitarium, not here. She’s always eating the cotton balls and don’t get me started on her sisters!”

“I won’t then,” said Mac taking a step back after handing over the cash. “How’s Maddie doing?”

“Fine,” Nyx huffs crossing her arms. “About, as well as anybody with a barb in their leg could be doing. She was in surgery all night. Thanks for getting her here hours after the fact. You should have just taken her to the Cloudsdale hospital instead, she’s lucky she didn’t get an infection. A fact she has not stopped complaining about, also she keeps hitting on the staff, and it is not appreciated.”

“Noted,” replied Mac, counting out another stack of hundred dollar bills, “How much for the surgery and how long till I take Maddie home?”

“Take her now for all I care, sooner the better, but regulations say we have to keep her for at least a day. On that note, Mr. I have to get home to my wife, how’s the side? Still hurting?”

Mac gently slaps Nyx’s poking finger away, “Only if you touch it.”

Nyx nods with satisfaction, “Good, that means it's healing ok. Don’t do anything too stressful for a few days, such as heavy lifting, running, and some sex positions.”

“Noted,” said Mac with a blush. He wheels Sonata out to the truck, helping her into the cab and took the wheelchair back to the hospital. He walked straight to Nyx’s office to find Aria still sleeping, even though it was past ten already.

“Everybody is tired today,” he sighed, picking Aria up off the couch. She didn’t stir a bit as he carried her all the way out the truck and sat her next to Sonata, who was also fast asleep. “They’re like a couple of kids these two.”

Chuckling softly as he climbs into the driver’s seat, heading for home. He had a lot to think about, but first, he really needed to take a nap. His eyes fluttering open and close the entire way home. When he got to the farm he was nearly asleep. Leaning his head against the stirring wheel Mac sighs deeply, Aria and Sonata were still asleep.

“Hey, wake up,” he poked the sleeping sirens in the check, unleashing a waterfall of drool as a result, yet they still slumbered. Grounding his teeth in frustration, Mac got out and grabbed the two draping them over his shoulder like a pair of feed sacks and stomps up to the house. Walking into the living room he deposits the sleeping sirens on the couches and swaggers to his bedroom, exhaustion weighing heavily on his body. Fully clothed Mac nose dives on the bed with a soft ‘plush’ of the mattress.

As he laid his tired head against the pillow a soft hand crept into his rough hand. The hand squeezed hard and he gently stroke stroked his thumb across the soft hand and its grip lightened but did not let go.

Mac whispered, “It's ok, I’m right here, I’m fine, Adagio.”

The two lovebirds lay in bed for several hours, till the sound of the front door opening and closing broke them of the sleeping spell the seem to be upon them. The chatter of short fast footsteps told them Applebloom was home, meaning it was around three, and time for the second round of chores today.

“I gotta go. Sonata and Aria are sleeping in the living room. I have something I need to talk to you about after chores,” said Mac, crawling out of the bed.

The slumbering Adagio gave a mumbled, “Ok.” Letting go of Mac’s hand. He smiled and walked out of the room.

Adagio slumbered for several minutes before deciding to get out of bed. Clad in loose purple pajama pants and shirt she shuffled into the living room to find her sisters sleeping on the couches. Walking softly she knelt down next to the sleeping Sonata and brushed the blue siren’s hair back.

“Good to have you home Blueberry.” Sonata rolls and slaps her hand away, clawing for blankets that weren’t there. Grabbing the blanket hanging over the couch Adagio lay it on top of the sleeping siren. Hearing a ‘hump’ from the other couch Adagio smiles and grabs an extra blanket on the floor. “Does little Aria want a blanket too? Good news Mama Adagio as one just for you!”

“Shut up,” retorted Aria snatching the blanket from Adagio before the other siren could pull it away, wrapping herself up in a little cocoon. “I’m just a little cold. Turn the air up or something, this place is like a freezer.”

“That’s because it’s August and it’s hot. I don’t know why the school wanted to start so early this year with the heat. Also, Applebloom is in school yet Applejack and her friends are camping with the principles. This is some weird scheduling.”

Aria grumps as she made herself confrontable, “It was probably the only time they could get the camp is all and the school board just decided to change the start date, so everything is out of whack is all. Next year things will probably be more organized.”

Adagio blinks, staring blankly at her fellow siren, “How… how do you know that?”

Aria snorts, “The old ladies were talking about it the other day at the plaza. A better question, why don’t you know this? You’re the one having a kid, shouldn’t you start finding out which school you want them to go to?”

“Isn’t a bit soon to be thinking about that? The kid isn’t even out of my stomach yet,” Argued Adagio moving to the lazy boy to sit down. Was that what Mac wanted to talk about, schools? She snorted as if that could be it. Looking at the clock Adagio estimated would be another ten minutes before Mac got done with chores. She could wait. In the meantime there was supper to get started and other things to do. Mac would probably want to do some financing after chores and Applebloom would probably want help with her homework.

“Might as well wait till we’re in bed to talk,” concludes Adagio feeling like she already had a house full of kids to take care off.

Mac finished chores just before supper. He came stomping in kicking the remaining muck off his boots outside and heads straight to the shower, ditching his dirty clothes into the washer straight away. The sound of running water filled the house.

When Mac emerge from the bathroom everyone was sitting at the table, including Applebloom, who had returned home from school during chores. The young Apple eyeing her brother as his bandages peeked out from under his shirt. Mac notice and finish buttoning up his shirt. He wasn’t used to having anyone other than the sirens around most of the time now. He didn’t need to be as properly dressed with them.

He felt Applebloom’s eyes following him, wanting to ask the question but was too nervous to. A bit out of character for his little sister, she usually wasn’t afraid to speak her mind.

“Something wrong Applebloom,” asked Mac dishing some food onto his plate. “You're unusually quiet tonight, did something happen at school?”

Applebloom looked away though Mac could see her looking at his wound from the corner of her eye, “No, it was a normal day. How was your day? Yesterday I mean, how was your day yesterday? Since you weren’t home until this morning or you were, but it was…”

“I get it,” said Mac cutting her rambles short. “My day could have been better.”

“Did you get hurt?”

The table fell silent as each of the sirens looked away as the two siblings exchange stares. Mac had a rule about letting his sisters know just how dangerous their lives were.

Mac took a bite of his food. Adagio made hobo meals, carrots, onions, potatoes and meat, a recipe they learned in the dirty thirties, it wasn’t bad. He finish chewing and took a sip of water, stalling for time.

“Yes, I fell from a tree and a stick pierced my side. I’m fine, better off then Maddie.” Mac cursed realizing what he just did.

“What happened to Maddie?”

“She got a barb in her leg.”

“How did that happen?”

“She tripped on an old fence line and it went through her leg,” said Mac, the entire group of girls looking at him with disbelief, Applebloom because she probably wasn’t buying his story and the sirens for not coming up with a better lie.

“It was a big barb,” He added grumpily digging into his food. The girls looked away and resume eating in silence.

Not liking the tense atmosphere, Sonata thought to be the Pinkie Pie of the group and decided to do something about it. Something fun!

“How about a movie, it’s been a while since we were all together we should watch a movie!” She continued to smile awkwardly as the others looked back with doubtful expressions, “Or maybe something else?”

Aria smiles and said, “A movie sounds good actually. I second it.”

The two turn their sights on Adagio, if they could get her, then they would have Mac too. They broke out their patented pleading big eyed, buttery lipped faces, to which Adagio rolls her eyes.

“Fine, but it can’t be something stupid.”

“How about we let Applebloom decide,” suggested Sonata. “She is the guest of honor.”

Applebloom eeped as all eyes fell on her, “I suppose if you yawl don’t mind. What movies do you got?”

Sonata laughs as she took Applebloom by the hand and drags her upstairs, leaving the others to clean up. “Oh silly, it’s not what we have, it’s what we don’t have is the question.”

Dragging the poor girl into her bedroom Sonata reveals her extensive movie collection that line all the walls of her room. The movies were listed by genre and in alphabetical order.

“You can’t take from the XXX section obviously,” Sonata warned as she used her body to cover up the explicit content section. “But anywhere else is fine.”

Applebloom blinked; “Ok…” she browsed the movies, trying to think of something everybody would enjoy. There were so many options how could she pick the right one?

“The stickers on the side with SAA on them mean Adagio, Aria, and I all like the movie. Mac will watch anything providing Adagio is watching. Guys will tolerate a lot for girls.”

“How do you know that,” asked Applebloom as she pulls out Taxi Driver.

Sonata looked offended, puffing her cheeks and huffed, “I’ve had boyfriends too. Adagio may look like sex on a stick, but I can get honey too.”

“I don’t think this is an appropriate conversation to be having with a preteen.”

“Neither do I,” said Mac from the doorway with his arms crossed. “Hurry up the other two are getting restless and there isn’t a lot of time before you got to be in bed Applebloom. What did you pick?”

Applebloom held Taxi Driver up. At least it wasn’t some romcom were Mac’s only thoughts on the movie as he led the two back downstairs, where Aria and Adagio had made drinks and popcorn with the TV ready and waiting for the DVD. They all took their seats as Sonata inserted the disk and hit play.


Adagio fell into bed with an exhausted sigh as Mac crawls in beside her. The clock on the nightstand read ten. Applebloom, Sonata, and Aria were already upstairs in bed, but there was one more thing she had to do today.

“So, what did we need to talk about? Don’t tell me it can wait till later either. I’m too curious to sleep, so spit it out,” whispers Adagio as she crawls closer to Mac. His arm crept around her shoulder, hugging her closer, meaning something was on his mind. “What is it?”

“I need to get stronger.”

Adagio’s brow frowned. Wondering what the hell Mac was talking about. He was sounding like one of Sonata’s anime or whatever characters. She was certain every show had the main character saying they needed to get stronger or something. That was beside the point, though.

“What are you talking about? You’re plenty strong! When you flex your muscles they’re like the size of my head!”

“Your exaggerating and that’s not what I mean," Mac deadpanned. "I don’t mean physically stronger. I mean magically. I need to be more… more warrior like, like Kira and Sixes. Remember when I told you this morning Shadow Specter saved my life?”

She nodded.

“Well, he saved me from being eaten. I was in the monster’s mouth. I felt its teeth touch my skin. I would have died yesterday if not for him.”

Adagio leaned in closer and kissed Mac with trembling lips. She had almost lost him and hadn’t even known it. She wondered what he’s been feeling all day. The worry and fear on his conscious on top of everything else, it must be hard on him.

“What do you want to do,” she asked holding his face in her hands. Mac moves her hands and kisses her, rolling her up into his arms so his hands were on her stomach. He sighed as he talked softly into her ear.

“Sixes offered to train me in Equestria after that thing with Maddie. Before she left Kira told me I should do it. She is right. I don’t know how to work magic like you, Aria and Sonata. I can’t make giant fancy water attacks or fly or anything Applejack and her friends can do. All I got is my fists which are basically glowing boxing gloves. I need more training; no I need actual training, especially if more powerful monsters keep coming through.”

“Is retiring from monster hunting and letting Sixes station some patrollers here not an option,” She asked already knowing the answer.

“This is our world; it’s our job to protect it. Besides since when did you worry about things like that?”

“Since it coming more apparent I might be widowed before I even get married.”

Mac didn’t have any words for her. When they started monster hunting she was probably the most enthused about it. Things certainly have changed for him and her. Still, he couldn’t just give it up, not because he didn’t want to, but out of some stupid sense of duty maybe. That if he stopped then Applejack might start doing it and he couldn’t sit by and let her do it, even it was unavoidable. To this day he still hoped his dad was wrong about Applejack being destined to fight monsters and to this day it seemed more and more likely she would, what with every evil magical being popping up every couple of months.

“Go then,” said Adagio suddenly, breaking Mac of his thoughts.

“What?”

“Go to Equestria, learn how to use magic and then come home as fast you can. I’m giving you my blessing to go, that’s what you wanted right?”

Adagio broke out of Mac’s embrace carefully turning so she didn’t roll on her stomach and looked Mac square in the eye with steely determination. That was the Adagio he remembered.

“The monster might never stop coming and your dad’s past seems intent on coming back to bite us every chance it gets, so you as my mate have to ensure my safety and that of our children. So go learn how to breathe fire from Sixes or whatever,” Adagio pulls his head into her bosom, keeping her swelling tears hidden. She really hated this hormone in balance, it made her too emotional. “And came back and never almost die again got it?”

He chuckles as he gently wiggles out of her grip and laid his head back on his pillow, keeping a tight grip on Adagio’s hand, “I promise. I’ll keep us alive to see our great, great, great grandchildren.”

“You better,” grumbled Adagio cutely as she lay back on her own pillow.

Mac smiles and a laughs, brushing his fingers through her combed hair. Tomorrow he would go the world of ponies, he never thought he would being doing that in his entire life.

Author's Note:

Next time Mac crosses through the mirror!