• Published 31st Oct 2016
  • 2,302 Views, 41 Comments

Old Black Charger - retrobrony1987



What happens when a guy and his muscle car end up in Equestria

  • ...
8
 41
 2,302

Family time with the Apples

Author's Note:

Welcome back folks, hope you enjoyed the last chapter where John and Applejack had a run in with the timber wolves and made a daring escape, and a successful jump, and now chapter 7.

The sun was just starting to down while we were on our way back to the farm, Rainbow Dash was in awe as I drove the general back, she wanted me to drive really fast for her but I didn't, cause I had to conserve what fuel I had for the Charger.

"What's in the box?" Rainbow Dash asked, I turned my head to see her looking at two boxes with my Vector wheels in them.

"Those are my wheels for the car." I said.

"Why are they in here?" she asked, "Aren't they suppose to be on the car?"

"No, those are the one that I'll be putting on for when I start rebuilding the car into the General Lee." I said.

"Rebuilding it?" She asked, "Why do you have to rebuild it, it looks good the way it does."

I laughed, "Oh its gonna look way cooler then it does now when I start building this thing into the finest machine on four wheels you'll ever see." I stated.

"What will it look like?" She asked.

Applejack grabbed the photos from the glove box and handed them to Dash.

"WHOA!" She gasped, "That. is gonna. look. AWESOME!" She screamed.

We made it back to the farm I parked the car in the barn and opened the trunk, Applejack and Rainbow Dash helped me unload the parts from the car and set them on the workbench cause I was going to try and start working on it tomorrow, I said goodnight to Rainbow Dash and gave her a hug and she took off flying to her home, I followed Applejack into her house.

"Applejack!? Is that you!?" Called a voice from inside.

"Yeah Granny Smith it's me!" Applejack replied.

I almost forgot Granny Smith lived here with them, I don't think Applejack mentioned me to her all day today, and she's probably gonna act really spooked when she sees a human in her presents, I stepped back outside as to not be seen.

"What's wrong?" Applejack asked.

"Um... I don't think your Grandma will understand who or what I am." I said nervously.

"You ain't got nuttin to worry 'bout sugarcube, Granny Smith is one of Ponyville's honest pony there is." She said.

We walked into the house and I saw Granny Smith in the kitchen fixin' dinner for her family, "So you must be the feller' Applebloom keeps jibber jabbering on about!"

"Granny Smith this is John." Applejack introduced.

She said approaching me she extended her hoof to me, "It's nice to meet ya' sonny."

I stuck out my hand and shook it, "Likewise mam." I said returning the complement.

We all sat down at the table for dinner and had salad and baked potatoes and pie for dessert, then after dinner we all sat in the living room and I told them about my life and my car and most of all... the Dukes of Hazzard, they loved it, I reenacted scenes and quotes from my favorite episodes.

Luna's moon was high in the sky later that night and it was getting close to bedtime for everypony.

"Where are you gonna sleep tonight, John?" Applebloom asked.

That really didn't come to my mind of where I was going to sleep tonight, "I guess I can sleep in my car tonight?" I said.

"Oh you don't have to do that John." Said Applejack, "You can sleep on the couch tonight." She offered.

Applejack brought me a blanket and a pillow and I got comfortable and felt something hopped on my legs, It was Winona, Applejack's dog, she cuddled up on my lap and snuggled with me, I petted her head and relaxed myself and fell asleep on the couch.


That night I dreamed that the General Lee was finished and I was driving it through the orchard, I was doing donuts and burnouts in the General and all the girls were cheering me on I was having the best dream ever until something jumped out from behind a tree... It was a big timber wolf, I slammed on my brakes and tried to back up but I was surrounded by more timber wolves, I was so scared until a blue aurora appeared and out of the aurora was Princess Luna... she was so beautiful in person even though this was a dream.

"Thou shall vanish and never return to this human's dream!" She said in her royal echo, and she stomped her hoof and with a beam of light from her horn they all vanished into thin air, Luna turned to me and approached me, "Don't be afraid John, I mean you no harm."

"She knows my name?" I said, I climbed out of the window of the General and stood in front of her, "You must be Princess Luna."

"Thus has thou heard of me, yes?" She said.

I nodded, "Of course you're the Princess of the night able to see ponies dreams and protect them from bad dreams." I said.

"Twilight has told us much about you." She said.

"Us?" I said confused.

"Me and my sister Princess Celestia." She reassured me.

"Well, thank you for saving me from that thing." I said thanking her.

"Actually I had to create this illusion as a way of getting inside your dream, Please don't be mad at me for putting you in danger like that." She said.

"I'm not mad at all, but why?" I asked.

"Twilight wrote to us the moment she got back to her castle to inform us of your presents here in Equestria, and thought it would be a easier way to examine you so I could make sure you're not a threat to Equestria."

"I can assure you I am not a threat to Equestria." I said with a calm smile, "What gave you the idea of the Timber wolves?" I asked.

"Rainbow Dash went and told Twilight about yesterday and you little chase and sent us another letter." She said.

I laughed, "Kinda figured she would do that after that happened."

"Well, that is a nice carriage you have." She said, I was clueless as to what she said until I saw her looking at the General lee.

"It is nice, but that's no carriage." I said, I led her over towards the General, "This here is a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T aka The General Lee."

"It certainly is beautiful they way you describe it." She complemented.

"Thanks." I said, I looked at the car and back to Luna and got an idea, "Wanna go for a ride?" I asked.

Luna smiled with a blush and nodded, "I'm one for having fun." She said, she walked to the side of the General and with her magic she tried to open the door but it wouldn't open.

"Door's must be welded shut in my dreams." I said mentally.

"How does thou get in?" She asked.

I smiled, "Like this!" I jumped up threw my legs in first and slid down into the driver seat, "Climb through the windows."

"Um, I think I'll try an easier technique." She said as she disappeared and reappeared in the front seat.

"You ready?" I asked Luna, she nodded, "Hang on." I said bringing the General to life and doing a burnout, we rode through the orchard and I did some hill hopping and donuts... Princess Luna was having fun, she told me I could do anything I want in my dreams so I concentrated real hard and before I knew it we were in the Hazzard County town square, I made Roscoe and Enos appear and made them chase us and got the General Lee up on two wheels doing a lap around the square, Luna got scared a bit but she let out a whoop of excitement.

"It's now time for you to wake up John." Luna said, I stopped the car and let her do her magic, the visions were fading and I could hear my name being called.

John.

John.


"John its time ta wake up now." said a voice, I was dazed in my sleep not knowing what was happening.

"No mom... I don't wanna go to school... it was cancelled... it's a holiday... I'm sick... just a few more hours." I mumbled, then I heard laughing, I woke up to the sight of Applejack rolling around on the floor laughing.

"That's exactly how Applebloom is in the morning!" She laughed, I let out a sigh and smiled, Applejack stopped laughing and stood up, "Come on sugarcube breakfast is ready." She said, I stood up and stretched and put my t-shirt on and walked into the kitchen to eat and ready to start a new day in Equestria.