• Published 31st Oct 2016
  • 2,302 Views, 41 Comments

Old Black Charger - retrobrony1987



What happens when a guy and his muscle car end up in Equestria

  • ...
8
 41
 2,302

Sweet Apple Acres

On the way to Sweet Apple Acres the Cutie Mark Crusaders wanted to ride in the car on the way there, I opened the car door and helped them in and told them to be careful in there.

"Wow," Gasped Scootaloo, "This is awesome, it's like 20% cooler on the inside, how fast can this thing go?" She asked,

"Really... Fast." I simply said.

"Faster than Rainbow Dash!?" She asked.

"Not that fast but pretty fast." I said.

As Applejack and Big Mac pulled and I steered the car the rest of the ponies walked next to the car examining it all over, I looked at my surroundings, Equestria was beautiful, if people could see what I'm seeing they would think this place would be a perfect place for children to be where everypony is really nice and you could not have to worry about pollution and war.

"Hey what does this button do?" Scootaloo asked pointing at the horn.

"That's the horn." I said, "But I don't think you should..." Suddenly Scootaloo pressed the horn but I did nothing, that was a bad sign that meant the battery in the car was dead, "Oh no!" I cried.

"What's wrong John?" said Twilight.

"The battery for the car is dead." I said.

"Don't be upset with my magic I can fix your car up in a jiffy for you to make it easier." she said, after she said that I was relieved that she could do that for me.

We made it to Sweet Apple Acres, Big Mac opened the barn door up and pushed my car inside, the girls watched as I walked around the car looking at the damage that was made, the hood was dented but was fixable, the front control arm was cracked but that can be welded back together, I popped the hood to check the engine out.

"Whoa!" gasped Rainbow Dash, "What's that?"

I turned to her with a smirk on my face, "That Rainbow Dash is a 440 Magnum 4 barrel V8 by Mopar Performance engine, pumps out at least 475 horsepower." I announced.

"That's a lot numbers." Said Twilight.

"Horse... Power?" Said Applejack confused.

"Oh, That means its a unit of measurement at the rate of how much power the engine puts out." I stated.

"Why is the word "horse" used in it." Pondered Rainbow Dash.

A million things went through my head about that question, "I'm not sure?" I shrugged.

I turned back to my engine and gave it a once over check of everything, then I unscrewed the wingnut on the air cleaner and took it off and noticed something.

"Ah, no wonder I didn't make the jump." I said, the carburetor was not set up properly, I wasn't getting enough fuel to the engine, I didn't tighten a seal all the way so that made air fill up in the line, giving me a lower count of horsepower.

I went to the trunk and got out my tool box, and also notice that I didn't have enough weight in the trunk and that's why the car nose dived into the river, Just when I was about to start working on the control arm a purple glow of light surrounded my car, I turned around to see Twilight using her magic to repair my car.

"Twilight what are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm using a reverse damage spell to fix your car." She said.

I watched as the dents on my car straightened out, "Wow!" I said in awe, the magic worked on every thing the damaged axle, the wet interior and the dented up front end, after she was done I inspected the work she did for me, everything was perfect.

"You did a great job Twilight!" I said.

"Thank you John and your welcome, happy to help." She said.

I opened the door and noticed that the seats were cleaned, but I wanted to take the black leather out and put tan leather in instead, then an idea came to my mind.

"Excuse me Rarity," I asked Rarity turned around and looked at me, "Do you think you could change the upholstery in here to a light tan if you could." I asked.

Rarity walked over and look at the interior, "Hmm," She hummed seeing what she was going to work with, "I most certainly can help you out, what are you looking to have?" She asked.

"Well... what I want is the seats, the carpet, the vinyl dash and the roof in here a nice saddle tan, if you could do that." I asked.

Rarity took some calculations in her head on what to do, and she gave me her estimation.

"Well, it will take some time but I will do it for you." She said.

"OH, why thank you Rarity." I said with joy.

"But I work for money, not for free, okay?" She stated.

And it was like a punch in the stomach, I didn't have any money! "Um Rarity a little problem though, I don't really have any money right now, but I can work for it if you have any work?" I asked.

"Actually I do have a job for you that you can help me with." She said.

"Okay sure, what do I need to help you with?" I said.

"Well, I'm expecting a shipment of fabric and materials on the train from Manehatten tomorrow, and it's a lot for me to get back the boutique in one trip and I was wondering if you could use that contraption of yours to pick it up for me and bring it back to the shop, and I'll be more than glad to re-upholster your... your... car for free, if you could do that for me darling." She said.

"Okay... I guess I can help you with that." I said, Rarity went inside and did some more inspecting, I turned around and saw Spike on the hood of the car holding his head up staring at Rarity with hearts in his eyes, now I knew Spike had a very strong crush on Rarity and I know he never could express his feeling for her in front of anyone or anypony or even her.

I tapped Spike on the shoulder, "Hey, you like her huh?" I asked.

"Uh... umm... I.. I.. Umm..." He muttered.

I put my hand on his shoulder, "Hey it's okay your secret is safe with me." I said.

"Say John," Said Twilight, "Shouldn't we get you back home to Canterlot High I'm pretty sure that your friends are wondering where you are." She said.

I had to say something so I came up with a false story, "Well I don't have to get home right now, it's summer vacation back home and as far as anyone knows I'm out of town on vacation as well." I said hoping that will work.

"Ok John," Said Twilight "As long as your friends know your out of town and you we can get home as well you can stay here as long as you want." She finished.

"Sweet." I simply said.

"Ooh, ooh whats this do!?" Said a giggly voice, I knew that was Pinkie Pie, then a loud beep came form the car and scared Spike half to death and he ran out of the barn faster than Rainbow Dash and then Dash started to laugh.

"Oh boy Spike if I would have known that you could ran that fast, I would challenge you to a race any day." She laughed.

"Ooh, how bout this button!" Said Pinkie.

"Eastbound and down loaded up and truckin',

Pinkie Pie turned on my CD player.

Oh we gonna do what they say can't be done,"

"Ooh, Ooh, I love this song, but I've never heard it before, so I'm not sure what its about, but I love it anyway!" She screamed.

I climbed in the car shut the CD player off.

"Oh, come on I was just starting to like that song." She said depressingly

"Pinkie I would really appreciate it that you wouldn't mess around with my car." I said nicely.

"Oh I'm sorry." She said sadly.

"That's okay I just didn't want you to break anything in there, Okay." I said.

"Okay! (Squee)" She smiled and jumped out.

"Come on girl's" Said Twilight, "Let's go I'm pretty sure John's got a lot of work to do with his... car."

I said good bye to the other girls and they left but only Applejack and Applebloom stayed, cause it was their barn of course.

"This must be a special machine ya got here John." Said Applejack.

"Yeah, I saved this car from going to the crusher." I said.

"The crusher!?, What in tarnation is that?" She asked.

"It's a big machine that crushes old cars like this one down to a size where you don't recognize it anymore, and it gets piled up in a junkyard under a whole bunch of scrap." I said.

"My Celestia, ya must have been one brave hero to save this big feller'. " Said Applejack.

"Yeah." I sighed.

I went back to work on tightening the seals on the carburetor and giving every thing on the car one more check over, I wondered if I could get some orange paint and I could finish building the car here in Equestria, I mean if Rarity is gonna reupholster the interior for me why not get the others involved in helping me, it would be like a friendship project, I just got to figure out what they can do to help cause I'm pretty sure none of them know anything about automotive engineering.

That afternoon I got hungry and I found Applejack in her kitchen cleaning, "Excuse me Applejack, do you have anything to eat here I'm kinda hungry." I asked.

"Well sure I do," she said, "Ah got some fresh apple pie I made today."

"That sounds good, I would love a piece." I said.

She cut me a piece and handed it to me on a plate I could tell they didn't have silverware here so I pick the piece up with my hands and took a bite.

An explosion of flavor burst through my mouth it was probably the best apple pie I have ever eatin'.

"OH... MY... GOSH!" I said, "This is the best pie I've ever had in my entire life."

"Why thank ya John, I'm glad you like it." Said Applejack blushing.

I stared back at her and gave a blushing smile as well.