• Published 31st Oct 2016
  • 2,302 Views, 41 Comments

Old Black Charger - retrobrony1987



What happens when a guy and his muscle car end up in Equestria

  • ...
8
 41
 2,302

Helping Hooves

We had gathered the tools and equipment to retrieve my car, I took the rope and tied it around my waist and had Big Mac hold the end of it so the current doesn't carry me off, I dove into the water and hooked the rope to the frame of the car and swam inside and put it in neutral so it would be easier to pull out, I emerged out of the water and swam back to shore to help out, I tied the ropes around the yokes of Big Mac and Applejack.

"Ok you ponies ready!?" I yelled out.

"Eeyup." said Big Mac.

"Heave!" I yelled, with a strong pull from both Applejack and Big Mac the car started to move slowly out of the water, we had pulled it about 7 feet out of the water to the shore when it got stuck on something, "Hold it!" I yelled, "I think its stuck on something?"

I dove back into the water to see what it was stuck on, I looked under at the front driver side tire was stuck on a big rock that was blocking it.

I emerged from the water. "It's stuck on a rock!" I said.

"Don't worry John," Said Twilight, "Me and Rarity can use our powers to help you raise it out of the water a little."

And with a purple and blue flash of their horns the car raised up and Big Mac and Applejack started pulling again and at last my car was out of the water.

The ponies looked in awe as they got their first glimpse of an automobile.

"WOW!" Rainbow Dash yelled, "This thing is cool looking."

"Thank You." I said.

"What kind of car is this John?" Twilight asked.

"This is a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T." I announced, "It looks a little rough underneath, well, I get after it with some tools I could fix it right up I guess."

"Front looks a little banged up." Said Applejack. "I could help you strightin' it out." She offered.

"Thanks Applejack." I said.

I opened the driver side door and a wave of water fell out, I looked inside the car and everything was ruined the CB, the decals and the upholstery were all wet and ruined I was bummed, "Oh no!" I cried.

"What's wrong John?" Whispered Fluttershy.

"My CB radio is wet, my decals are ruined and so is my upholstery." I sighed.

"You know John, we can fix all this stuff for you." Said Twilight.

A bolt of hope spread through me, "Really!? You can do that for me?" I asked.

"Of course we can," She said "I can fix your... radio, and Pinkie Pie can paint your decals on the car, she's good at painting, and Rarity can make you some new upholstery.

"Oh cool, thank you girls so much for helping me out." I cheered, "Do you ponies have a place where I can stay and work on my car?" I asked.

"Ya'll can stay at the farm with me and my family John." Said Applejack.

"Really?" I asked.

"Sure ya can, you can put your... car in the barn and work on it." She offered.

"Okay." I said. "Now all we have to do is get the car to your barn and I can get workin' on it."

I tied the ropes to the front of the car and got behind the wheel to steer it and with the help of Big Mac and Applejack they pulled the car to Sweet Apple Acres.