• Published 31st Oct 2016
  • 2,302 Views, 41 Comments

Old Black Charger - retrobrony1987



What happens when a guy and his muscle car end up in Equestria

  • ...
8
 41
 2,302

Paint it Black

"YEEEEHAAAAW!" "Just the good ol boys, never meanin' no harm, beats all you never saw been in trouble with the law since the day they was born,..." I sang my favorite show was on TV the Dukes Of Hazzard, I enjoyed watching this show, not just because of the comedy, not just Daisy, it was that all American muscle car the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T The General Lee, I loved that car cause I was currently building one.

Six months ago I bought a 69 Dodge Charger at a junkyard for $700, it wasn't in pretty bad shape just some paint and some suspension work, it had a 383 in it, but some of the parts were missing, I put a 440 Magnum racing engine that I me and my grandpa bought and built with a 727 TorqueFlite automatic trans in it a while ago, when I bought it was fading code T3 “light bronze metallic” with some rust on it and a torn up tan vinyl top with worn out tan leather upholstery, I did some body work to it and painted it primer black and I'll be repainting it orange next spring and be putting new upholstery in it, I was trying to build the car from how it looked in the first season of the show cause those General Lees were built specially for the show, I had almost everything for the car, the Dixie horn to the decals and the Vector wheels and the Goodrich Radial T/A tires, which I haven't put on yet, right now they are siting in the back seat, I just have black steel wheels and old tires on it for now, plus the wheel well trim and the rocker trim that I bought at a swap meet last month, it also had the trim from the old vinyl top and I decided to leave it on cause it made the car look more beautiful with it on, and a Cobra CB Radio, I kept all that stuff in the trunk cause I figured it would be the safest and easiest place to remember where it all is, I didn't have the paint or the roll cage or the push bar in it cause it was expensive to do I had to save some money to do it.

My folks didn't like the idea of me building it cause they thought it is a waste of time and money, I'm only 20 years old and I had my whole life to work on it.

"You'll never finish this car John!" My mom yelled out at me while was giving the engine a good tune up, My mom looked at me very disappointingly.

"Mom, I will get this car done okay, it's always been my dream to build one of these, you know!" I told her, but she didn't care.

I could tell my mom thought it was a waste of money to buy this car, but it was a once in a life time chance to get or the car was going to the crusher so I bought it at the last second.

I went back inside to relax in the living room and saw my little sister Nicole watching My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic, I liked the show cause of its comical references and it's story lines I watched the with her while we were home by ourselves, my folks thought it was weird I watched it as well, I've seen a lot of episodes including the Equestria Girls movies, I practically was a fan or what they call a brony of the show by now, but it didn't bother me.

"Hey Nicole, what episode is on?" I said ruffling her hair.

"The episode where Applebloom wants to stay home alone but Applejack thinks she can't take care of herself so she stays home and get really over protective of her." She replied, I sat on the couch and relaxed and watched the show.

My favorite character from the show is obviously Applejack, she was a fair country girl or pony I should say, I always thought it would be cool if she was a Dukes Of Hazzard fan and they would do an episode where they did a reference from the show on My Little Pony.

Later that day I decided to give the General a test run to see how the tuning in the engine was, the car ran like a jack rabbit racing Richard Petty, I clocked it a 107 on a dirt road, man this thing was fast.

I came to the river edge to let the engine cool off a little then a saw something down the river, it was a dirt pile that was right at the end of the river, an idea came to my mind, I got back in the Charger and drove to where the pile was and figured it was be a fun idea to jump this small river, I mean it was only a 30 foot jump its not that far I'll could easily clear it.

I lined myself up and backed up about a 1/4 of a mile to get some good speed and I put my racing helmet on, my heart was pounding as I revved the engine and then it was the moment truth.

I took a deep breath, "You can do this John." I sighed

I narrowed my eyes and stomp on the gas pedal to the floor and with a roar of the engine the car launched forward, my heart was racing and so was the car a I was hitting 96 mph and I was 20 feet away it was no turning back and then the car hit the ramp.

"YEEEEHAAAAWWW!" I yelled out at the top of my lungs as I took off a hit of joy spread through my body but it suddenly it all went away when the car started to nose dive forward towards the water, then suddenly I felt my entire life flash before my eyes as the car hit the water and started to sink with me in it.

Author's Note:

Writers note: I decided to do a My little Pony meets Dukes of Hazzard style story, I'm giving it a shot, Plus a lot of Hal Needham references such as Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball Run, and Stroker Ace, So enjoy my friends.

John is 20 years old and is 6ft 1 and has light brown hair and wears a red plaid shirt blue jeans and cowboy boots