• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 1,958 Views, 76 Comments

The Creation of Harmony - Time Ponies are cool



The Doctor, Derpy and the Mane 6 go back time to the Pre-Classical era in order to stop a great evil from altering history, and their adventure creates the Elements of Harmony.

  • ...
2
 76
 1,958

Honesty

Chapter XXVII: Honesty

A few hours earlier...

The sand burned beneath their hooves as the Doctor, Rainbow Sword, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack and Fluttershy trekked through the Great Northern Desert. To the North was the merciless Sun and above was the Quarter Moon. Around the five ponies was nothing but the vast expanse of the desert, with occasional rock peeking out of the dunes. The only shade that protected the ponies was a solitary cloud controlled by Rainbow Sword, though it was slowly dissipating under the extreme heat. The ponies, guided by the Doctor, went on a steady straight route to the North.

"Blimey... Really wish I brought my sunglasses out from the TARDIS..."

The other ponies could not muster the energy to speak. They simply heaved heavy breaths through their nostrils, trying as much as they could to avoid opening their mouths so as to save as much water as they could, though their efforts were mostly in vain as so much of their water was lost through sweat. To make matters worse, the hot air irritated their sinuses. All the ponies squinted their eyes to protect them from the glaring sunlight and the occasional gust that blew sand at their faces. Twilight, Applejack and Fluttershy had never experienced such miserable discomfort before, though Fluttershy had the benefit of flying above the sand and thus was not as distressed as the other two. Rainbow Sword appeared only mildly bothered by the desert.

"You know, I was once on a planet, San Helios, that was turned into a total desert. It used to be a lovely planet, full of some fantastic ponies. Their Sky Garden - well, they called it a 'garden' - was the crown jewel of their solar system. Then disaster happens and all that's left is desert. Fortunately for that desert, San Helios still rotates properly and- WOAH!" The Doctor tripped and his face landed on the searing hot sand. He quickly jumped back up and shook the sand off of his face. He turned at looked at what tripped him. It was what appeared to be the end of a horn, a very large horn. The Doctor had broken off the horn's tip when he tripped over it. The ponies gathered around and looked at the horn. The horn was coated in gold, but as the Doctor had broken off a piece of the horn, they could see the keratin that composed the horn underneath the gold layer.

A great gust of wind blew away a good amount of the sand and revealed what was attached to the horn: an enormous dragon skull. It would have belonged to a dragon like nodragon Rainbow had seen before. Twilight, Applejack and Fluttershy had only seen a dragon of such size in very rare occasions. As for the Doctor, he'd seen bigger. The skull was so large that the ponies could one by one fit through the eye socket. The horn that the Doctor tripped on was one of an array of horns that created a frill around the dragon's neck. On the dragon's snout was a pair of horns, like those of a two-horned rhinoceros. The skull was bleached white and had an array of huge and frightening interlocking teeth, and a pair of fangs that were distinctly longer than the other teeth. On these fangs was an extremely rare trait among dragons: holes on the tips of the fangs that allowed for the injection of venom.

"EEEK! Dragon!" Fluttershy shrieked upon seeing the skull and hid herself inside the cloud. Sword was quick to kick her out. The Doctor, Twilight and Applejack approached the skull to study it, while Sword remained by the cloud to keep it from blowing away.

"This dragon is enormous," Twilight remarked, "And this skull... it's old. I mean, really really old. It must be at least a thousand years old."

The Doctor, without a moment of hesitation, added, "Seventeen-hundred thirteen, to be precise."

Applejack poked her head inside the skull through the eye socket and relished in the coolness within. "Oh, now, ain't that just sweeter than zap apple jam. Y'all get on in here. This place is mighty cool." Applejack crawled through the eye socket and laid down on the sand that remained untouched for over a millennium. The shade, the relatively cool air and relatively cool sand felt like heaven after all that time spent in the ruthless desert. Soon the others came in one by one and sighed in relief upon feeling the comforting temperature. Before settling down to enjoy the cool haven, Sword asked Applejack for some rope and went back outside to tie the cloud to the skull. Fluttershy alone was reluctant to enter. With encouragement from Twilight, Applejack and the Doctor, Fluttershy put one hoof in through the eye socket, and upon feeling sand that did not bring searing pain, she put aside all fear and jumped in. The five ponies all laid on the sand and relaxed.

"This is sooooo nice," Twilight began.

"Oh, you said it, Twi," Applejack said.

"Last time getting inside somepony's head felt this fantastic," the Doctor reminisced, "I got turned into a thought and I wandered into the head of a Hath who was dreaming of a lake of pear juice and then I moved on to the head of another Hath who was dreaming of making banana bread in a cooking show."

Fluttershy closed her eyes and said, "Can we just stay here until all this is over? This place is just so... nice."

"As much as we'd all like to, we can't," Twilight replied, "We've got to carry on. There's nopony else who can stop the Master."

"We can rest here though," Sword added, "As a place to rest, this skull is perfect. And it has been hours since our last rest. We can afford another."

"Alright then, let's eat up!" Applejack said as she took out some hay and granola from her saddlebag. Fluttershy took out a flask of water and passed it around for everypony to have a drink. They quickly devoured the food and then spread out their blankets on the sand. They laid on the blankets and readied for a much needed nap.

"Let's make it... ehhhh, one and a half hours?" the Doctor said.

"Works for me," Twilight replied, and the others mumbled their agreement as they drifted off into sweet restful sleep. As Twilight, Fluttershy and Applejack slept, the Doctor went outside into the heat to ascertain the Sun's position. He climbed up on top of the skull, which was still cooler than the sand. He took out his wooden wind-up clock and checked the hours since the last time he checked on the Sun. He had carved a mark on the clock two hours earlier, when the Sun was to the South and Polaris was in the right position.

Rainbow Sword then also exited the skull and climbed up it to sit next to the Doctor. "So, from where does the Sun torment the world now?"

"It's been about two hours since the Sun was to the South. It'll be to the South again in three hours, so we can reconfirm that we're going the right way then." The Doctor put away his clock and knelt. In the distance, to what he correctly believed was the North, he could see his favorite part of the Great Northern Desert, the Mushroom Rocks. Sword also relaxed and admired the desert, recalling faint memories of his childhood and adolescence.

Sword then said, "This dragon. Never have I seen the likes of it before. I lived here for ten years and I've seen many things, especially skeletons. But I've never-"

"Wait, wait, wait. Hold on! Did you say you lived here for ten years?" the Doctor interrupted.

"I spent ten years living in this desert with my master. This is where I learned everything I know."

"So you have ten years of experience in desert survival?"

"More or less."

"Okay... blimey, I should've put you in the other team. I'm afraid I put far too much competence into ours and very little in theirs..."

"How well do you think they've fared?"

"Well... Let's just hope the camels get them before the desert does. With the camels, we at least have a chance of saving them. And the camels probably did or will get them before they perish. In fact, most who get lost in the desert don't die from the desert at all, but instead get captured by the camels and sold into slavery. Or, if they're lucky, the camels will find them worthy and bring them to Uto- er, actually, never mind. I probably shouldn't mention that place."

"What place?"

"Nothing. It's nothing."

"Very well then... so, as I was saying, this dragon must have been impossibly large. Dragons this size are like those in legend and ancient history."

"Oh, this is a legendary dragon we're sitting on. You didn't know that?"

"No... who is it then?"

"This is Llosgi, grandson of-"

"Doctor! Do not say his name!"

"Sorry. Grandson of the Arglwydd. The mark of the Arglwydd is the coating of gold on the horns. He and all his successors until Queen Cinder coated their horns in gold. And Llosgi was the only one to die in the Great Northern Desert, so this must be him."

"We are sitting on Llosgi? The evil dragon that Vronti Pteryga defeated?"

"Eeyup."

Sword laughed heartily and fell over. "Haha! How that cur is so humbled now!"

The Doctor did not say anything. He was there at the great battle between Llosgi and Vronti Pteryga. History remembers it as a duel between the dragon and the pegasus, but in reality, the duel was merely the resolving moment of a three-week long clash between the Drakonian army led by Llosgi and the Ponytopian army led by Vronti Pteryga. In the end, the Doctor pitied Llosgi. Despite what a cruel and horrible dragon he was, the Doctor believed that giving a punishment of equal cruelty did not make the ponies any better than the dragons. After a moment of contemplating on Llosgi's fate, the Doctor then spoke, "We should get to sleep. We need every little bit of rest we can get." Sword agreed and they both returned to the cool of Llosgi's ancient skull.

An hour and a half later, the five ponies woke and continued their journey, with the Sun now to the Southeast. They came to the Doctor's favorite part of the desert and the only reason why he wanted to go on the team taking the more Eastern route. Scattered across this area were big oddly shaped rocks. All shared the same basic structure: a narrow base and center, and a wide top.

"Now these here are some real funny looking rocks," Applejack said, "They look like giant mushrooms."

"That they do," the Doctor said as he wandered around admiring the rocks, "That's why this region's called the Mushroom Rocks by the camels. It's a sacred place to them too, because this was their original homeland. Although, when the war started, they stopped caring, since the war made business boom and their minds turned to money-making."

Twilight observed the rocks and was fascinated by their color and shape. She wished she had brought a camera to take photos. "So how did the rocks end up like these? I can't be a natural formation, can it?" she asked

"Yes and no," the Doctor answered and explained as they all walked on, "These rocks were once shaped like your plain old ordinary rocks, but even rocks are vulnerable to the desert. When sandstorms come along, the tremendous friction from the blasting sand eats away at the rock, and the rock erodes. However, the erosion is uneven. The wind can't pick up heavy grains of sand as high as light grains, so the heavy sand hits the lower parts of the rock, while the light sand hits the upper part. And so we get the Mushroom Rocks we know today. These rocks occur all over the desert, but they're most concentrated here because this area was once one great big rock. Before the Shallow Sea became the Great Northern Desert, this area was a huge island, and that island was the place of origin of all the camels."

"So they're completely natural," Twilight said, "Wow."

"Well, they're natural in the sense that they're created by natural forces," the Doctor continued, "You see, nowadays, most of the sandstorms in the Great Northern Desert are caused by camel magic, rather than the natural flow of wind. And the camels' sandstorms are much stronger than natural ones. They use the storms to sail across the dunes or to capture anypony who gets lost in the desert and sell them as slaves to the dragons."

"That's awful," Fluttershy remarked.

"Well, it's not that bad being a slave to a dragon," the Doctor replied, "Dragons are actually quite nice to household slaves. I actually spent a month as a household slave to a senator and he treated me kindly. In fact, he wanted to promote me as the house manager, but I had to get away and do more important things. On the other hand, they're simply terrible to mining slaves, working hours upon hours digging out gems and metals and such. But of course, the Ponytopians and the Hoofricans aren't much better in their treatment of other species. The ponies don't show any mercy and just kill any enemy on sight. They're ruthless. And then the Hoofricans do frightful experiments on their prisoners and... yeah, I don't even want to think about it. Let's change the subj- oh, Commander Sword, sorry. I didn't offend you did I?"

"No, no. Worry not, Doctor," Sword replied, "It's fine. Ever since I met with those dragons and Hoofricans at the Field of Pink Roses, I've begun to think more on whether this war is just. And, well, much as I hate to say... perhaps we ponies indeed are no better than the dragons and Hoofricans."

At that moment, a strange voice spoke, "Such wisdom have I just seen below. With minds like yours, you can only grow."

The ponies looked around to find the source of the voice, and then Twilight pointed to the top of one of the mushroom rocks to the West. "Look! Up there!" The others turned to see where Twilight was pointing and saw a zebra balancing upside down on her head on a bamboo stick with her eyes closed. Unlike most other zebras, this one wore almost no ornaments. No earrings, no nose rings, no neck rings or any other jewelry, except for a pair of rings she wore on a string around her neck. She was very skinny from living an austere desert life, but her legs were very muscular. Her cutie mark was the symbol of dual balance. The symbol was a circle divided down the center by a curved line, and one half of the circle was black with a solitary white dot, while the other was white with a solitary black dot.

"Welcome strangers all to this the place of my abode," the zebra spoke again, "You may rest and set down the heaviest of your load."

"Oh no, for the love of Faust! Not a philosopher!" Sword complained, "Come. We must move along. We don't have time to stay and 'set down our load.'"

"'Tis not from the load on your backs that I say you may part. I speak of the load which bears heavily upon your heart."

The Doctor tried to stop Sword from flying away with the cloud, saying, "Now, hold on. We can spare some time. I'm interested in what the philosopher has to say. And besides, I'm sure our heroes would like to listen. You won't have to do anything. I'll take care of the talking." The Doctor turned to see the others' response, and, from their spot of shade by the zebra's rock, they all nodded in agreement, though in reality they all just wanted to some time to enjoy the shade. Sword sighed in frustration and submitted. The Doctor joined Applejack, Fluttershy and Twilight by the rock, while Sword laid on the cloud.

Still maintaining her balanced position on the bamboo stick, the philosopher spoke, "Who, then, are you who have come so far from the green land? What brings you to endure the pain of this place of burning sand?"

"I'm the Doctor. These are my... companions. We're just travelers, doing traveler things."

"Hmmmm. Doctor, I sense falsehood in the telling of your name. For your title and your true identity are not the same. You speak not the truth in its full whole. You keep within a secret you've kept since you were but a foal."

"It's a secret best kept away from interrogation," the Doctor replied, "for there's unspeakable danger in its revelation. You sense this, don't you?" The philosopher gave a grunt of agreement and gestured for the Doctor to continue, "So... let's change the subject. Why don't you tell us your name?"

"What use is there behind something by a father unto his daughter pinned?" the philosopher replied, "A name is but debris carried by the desert wind."

"But the wind stings the most when what it carries is sand," the Doctor quickly countered, gesturing to the mushroom rocks.

The philosopher chuckled before she gave her response. "I've waiting many years to encounter wisdom such as yours. Perhaps 'tis a sign that my time on this rock will soon end its course."

"So anyway, what's that you said about setting down a heavy load in our hearts?"

"There are truths which haunt us and we try to hide them behind falsehood," the philosopher replied, "but through such action, we worsen the wound, like touching it with burning wood. How does one put an end to their torment? Honesty to self, acceptance of truth, leads to the beginning of merriment. Yet, this honesty, honesty to one's self, is the hardest. To wash away the lies we tell ourselves requires us to go the farthest. I seek to help travelers set down their load of lies. Which of you, then, has the greatest load beneath these skies?"

The ponies looked around at each other. Twilight shrugged. She did not want to admit to having any big lies that she told herself, and neither did Fluttershy. The Doctor was staunchly determined to keep his truths and lies to himself. Sword was disinterested. Nopony was eager to share their darkest secrets. Applejack though mustered her courage and walked closer to the rock. She had a sheet of lies that she used to cover a truth that tormented her for many years. "I've got a mighty heavy load I'd like to put down."

The philosopher remained perfectly still as she asked, "First speak the lie. Lay it bare now before the eye."

"The lie..." Applejack pondered. It was the story she told whenever she was asked, but still the story was something she rarely shared, as it touched a delicate part of her life. "The lie is... when I was a little filly, my mom and pop were out working on the farm, doing their business. I was out in the pastures chasing sheep around with my puppy Winona. Then one of our chickens got loose and wandered off. I saw my mom and pop head off to look for the chicken and that brought them to the Everfree Forest. I followed my mom and pop and then saw them go on into the forest and vanish. They weren't seen no more ever again." Admitting to the lie was a harsh sting to Applejack, and in her guilt, all she could do was cover her face with the brim of her hat. Twilight and Fluttershy looked at her in shock of what she said. The story she told of her parents' disappearance, the only account of the event anypony gave, was a lie. Applejack regained her composure and concluded, "That there's the darn lie. The lie I told everypony... and the lie I told myself."

From her upside down position, the philosopher smiled. She shifted her head and, with one quick movement, switched to balancing on her left forehoof. "In exposing the lie, one exposes the path to what is true. For that lie contains the path, the path that must be followed by you. To see the path, you must recognize the lie. To walk the path, you must find the reason why. Tell me, now, my friend: why tell the lie? Why did the truth have to bend?"

Applejack took a deep breath. Speaking truthfully had never been so difficult. "Well... somepony told me once that when all the truth does was hurt my heart, a lie'd be easier to take. I reckon that's what I did when I told that lie. There ain't anything else in my life that hurts more than the truth about my mom and pop. I just couldn't face it, so I hid it, covered it up, so I wouldn't have to see it no more." Applejack gave a pained sigh and clenched her teeth. "Please, ma'am, it hurts. Can we stop?"

"What does your conscience say?" the philosopher replied, "Do you truly wish to stop journeying this way?"

Twilight and Fluttershy, sensing Applejack's discomfort, tried to comfort her. Twilight put her hoof on Applejack's shoulder, while Fluttershy nuzzled her forehead on Applejack's neck. "You don't have to say anything if you don't want to," Fluttershy said.

Applejack spent a moment to think and then silently embraced Twilight and Fluttershy before stepping away from them and walking out of the shade into the sunlight so that the philosopher could see her clearly, even though the philosopher still had her eyes closed. "I'm gonna keep going. I already told everypony the lie. I ain't gonna turn back now."

The philosopher then opened her deep blue eyes. She looked at Applejack and made eye contact. Nopony before endured beyond this point. Nopony before had the strength to confront their most painful truths. In another quick motion, the philosopher switched to balancing on her right rear hoof. She put her left rear hoof up, as if she were a flamingo, and she put her two forehooves together in front of her chest. She kept perfectly straight in this position and said, "Two sides, the Black and the White. They compose our souls, the Left and the Right. The disturbance of these two, Life and Death, ends in the loss of the happiness that should be as present as your own breath. Imbalanced are they, the High and the Low, when a path against harmony you go. Among the most frequent disruptions to the Big and the Small, is the telling of a lie, among the easiest sins of all. Their balance may be restored, the Young and the Old, when you undo the lies that you have told. Speak the truth then, to bring equality to Water and Fire, for I see, my friend, that you are no liar."

Applejack took off her hat and dropped it before her hooves. She looked down and watched her sweat drip onto the burning sand, then she noticed a solitary tear also dropped down. She took out a flask from her saddlebag and took a big sip of water. She took a deep breath of hot desert air through her mouth and began.

"The truth is... the chicken was me. I was a tiny little filly. Still a blank flank. My sis Applebloom was just born last week and the month before, my brother Big Mac got his cutie mark. I was always wanting to get ahead of him, even though he was three years older, so when he got his cutie mark, I went about trying to get my own. I tried everything to find my special talent. So, it was around time for zap-apple season to be getting started and one night I heard the timberwolves howling in the Everfree Forest. That's when I got the idea of trying to get a mighty fine wolf-fighter cutie mark, like I read about in an adventure book. The next morning I packed myself some rocks, frying pans and rope, and I left bright and early before anypony else woke up. I trotted into the forest and looked for the timberwolves. Soon enough, I got lost and wandered about the woods scared and alone. By then I gave up on getting a wolf-fighter cutie mark and just wanted to get on back home. Eventually, it was them timberwolves who found me. I took my pan and swung it about to keep them away, but they kept on coming closing and had me cornered against a cliff. It was just then that my mom and pop arrived."

Applejack paused as she watched a second tear drop down, and then a third. She held back the fourth as she continued on. "They came with some pans and slingshots and they showed them timberwolves a hard beating. The ones that didn't get away from my mom and pop had no more left of them. Just sticks and leaves. Then they galloped to me and took me in their hooves. I reckoned they weren't too pleased about my running off to the woods, but I could tell they were just so happy to see me safe, I started to cry. So my mom carried me on her back while we all headed back home. We stopped when we got to a big chasm with rapids at the bottom. There was a fallen tree across the chasm that we could use for a bridge, but my pop said it looked too weak to hold up more than one pony at a time. So he went across first to see if it was safe. When he got across, he called for me to go next. But I was too darn scared to go alone. I... was just..."

Applejack choked up and fell to her knees. She did not care about the pain of the hot sand anymore. It was nothing compared to the pain of her memory of that day. She stopped struggling and just let the tears flow freely. Her weeping came not only from the memory, but from how weak she felt. She took pride in her strength and grit. She would rarely ever cry. Whenever bad times came around, she would stay strong and hold herself high. Now her strength failed her, allowing her to have an emotional breakdown, and she found it shameful, so she cried even more. Twilight and Fluttershy galloped to Applejack and stood by her side. Fluttershy took out a piece of cloth from her saddlebag and wiped the tears from Applejack's face while Twilight stroked her mane to comfort her. Both tried to give words of consolation. With the help of her friends, Applejack continued to speak from behind her veil grief.

"I was a darn coward... I wouldn't go on that tree alone so mom had to pick me up and go across with me. She carried me in her mouth while she walked to pop. While we were going, I heard the wood under us crack... I-I looked down and saw the tree was starting to break. Mom galloped hard as she could, but the tree broke and started to fall. At the last moment she threw me and I landed on the other side. Pop grabbed one of the tree's roots and stopped it from falling. I galloped over to the cliff edge and called out to mom. I saw her hanging on for dear life to a flimsy little tree branch. But... the... the tree was too darn heavy for pop to hold up for long. Inch by inch the tree dragged him c-c-closer to the edge. He looked at me for a moment, tears welling up in his eyes, and... and..." Applejack sniffed. "The ground gave way. Pop fell, along with mom..." Applejack sighed. She wiped her eyes and stood. "I made my way out of the forest and when I finally saw Sweet Apple Acres in the distance, I stopped, fell over, and cried. I cried and cried for I don't know how long. Granny Smith and Big Mac found me and asked me what happened. I couldn't bear the truth... so I lied." She picked up her hat and put it back on. "There you go ma'am. There's the truth."

Applejack looked up at the philosopher and watched as she jumped off of her stick and landed on her four legs. She picked up her stick and jumped down from the rock. She walked up to Applejack and bowed. "To be honest to yourself is harder than to be honest to a friend. It gladdens me to see that my mission has now come to an end. I have been waiting many years to meet one whose spirit of truth is the greatest. Now I am done for we have met at last, dear Applejack the Honest."

The philosopher's words startled Applejack and also got close attention from the Doctor. Applejack asked, "Wait, hold on now, how do you know my name? I didn't tell you my name."

"Your coming was a prophecy that to me was foretold, by the revered Oracle, a griffin old," the philosopher answered. The Doctor walked out from the shade of the rock and stood by the philosopher. He was intrigued. He had heard rumors of an "oracle" in the desert, but never really understood what it was.

"So some griffin told you I was coming, and you've been waiting for me?" Applejack continued.

"Indeed, and for twenty years, on this rock, I have waited. In expectation of you, each passerby I tested. I awaited for one with the greatest spirit of truth, one for whom truth was a torment since her youth." The philosopher then took off her string with the rings and held them out to Applejack. One ring was completely black and the other was completely white. "The Oracle instructed me to give you these, the envy of kings. These two belonged to Lux and Nox, their wedding rings."

Applejack accepted the ring and held them in her hoof. The Doctor was quick to get close up to examine the rings. "The wedding rings of King Lux I and Queen Nox I. Brilliant," the Doctor said, "From the looks of it, the black ring, which I presume belonged to the Queen, is made of purified melanite, and the white one, the King's, is made of purified howlite..." The Doctor stopped and backed away from the rings. He turned his head and looked at the philosopher in the eye. "We need to meet this oracle."

"You shall meet the Oracle very soon now, though 'twould be dangerous foresight for me to tell you how," the philosopher replied, "As for me, my purpose in this world is done. The time for my departure has come." With that, she put her bamboo stick on the sand and with, one stomp of her hoof, broke it. A gentle breeze blew from the East, and the philosopher, starting from her head and down to her hooves, dissolved into dust, carried away by the wind.

Twilight, Applejack and Fluttershy were dumbstruck as they watched the zebra vanish. The Doctor walked away and tried to find their tracks in the sand in order to determine the way North again, but their tracks had been covered by the winds. "Well... we've got a problem."

Upon hearing the word, "problem," Rainbow Sword woke and gave aloud yawn. He had fallen asleep during entire conversation with the philosopher. He looked out from the cloud and said, "What is it, Doctor? Did that zebra rob us?"

"No, no ,no," the Doctor replied, "She was essential to our mission. But it would seem we've made a bit of a, um, a stumble... We've lost the way North."

This distressing news fully woke Sword. He jumped down from the cloud and said, "Not good. How long then until we can find Polaris?"

The Doctor took out his clock, looked at it and said, "About an hour. Looks like we'll have to wait."

The ponies gathered in the shade of a mushroom rock and waited, just as the philosopher once did. While waiting, Fluttershy looked to the East. She shielded her eyes with her hoof and made out what looked like an enormous cloud of sand coming at them very quickly.

"Um, excuse me. I think there's something coming our way from over there."

The others turned and looked the way Fluttershy was looking. Rainbow Sword then yelled, "Sandstorm!" And the Doctor yelled, "Gallop!" Everypony turned West and fled. But the great cloud of sand soon caught up with them and the powerful winds lifted them off of the ground. The five ponies were carried away by the storm.

Author's Note:

It's like I keep breaking my record for word count with every other new chapter.