• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 1,957 Views, 76 Comments

The Creation of Harmony - Time Ponies are cool



The Doctor, Derpy and the Mane 6 go back time to the Pre-Classical era in order to stop a great evil from altering history, and their adventure creates the Elements of Harmony.

  • ...
2
 76
 1,957

To Fall Into A Star

Chapter XIII: To Fall Into A Star

The Master could not help but giggle. Everything was going just as planned.

"Come, Your Majesty. I'm sure your just dying of thirst." The Master led Concordius out of the TARDIS control room, through one of the hallways and into the dining room, the grey-tiled walls of which were decorated in a rather disorderly fashion with circular glass sheets and paintings of muffins. A work of Derpy's artistry. The dining room was oval-shaped and the oval-shaped table at the center had room for six ponies. The white table cloth was stained with banana juice on one end of the table, and on the other end, it was covered with muffin crumbs.

"Let's have some chocolate milk and muffins." The Master replaced the table cloth with a clean one and set the table with a muffin and a glass on each end, and a large fluffy pillow on the floor for Concordius to sit on. Then he took out the jar filled with the potion brewed by Golden Lead and Pyro, and poured the potion into both glasses. Concordius sat at one end and levitated the glass.

"Ah, the milk of the cocoa bean. A fine drink it is. A delicacy of yonder barbarians, the Hoofricans."

The Master stood at the other end of the table. "I imagined Your Majesty would like a taste of something exotic, though not nearly as fine as good traditional apple cider."

"Darest thou to comment on our tastes?!" Concordius snapped, glaring across the table. "And think not that thou mayest sit upon the opposite head of the table! Hast thou the hubris to think thyself our equal? Sit upon the floor away from the table's head!"

The Master bowed his head and humbly obeyed. His success had certainly made the king a much less pleasant pony, but he knew he did not need to submit for very long.

"We thank thee, Tympanus, for thy submission. Prithee, tell us: Art thou learned in the art of poetry?"

"Well, of course, Your Majesty. What kind of a subject would I be if I didn't know the kingdom's finest art?"

"We doth not appreciate thy rhetorical inquiry!" Concordius scolded. Then he calmed and continued, "And art thou learned in the verses of the poets of old?"

"Oh, I spend hours on end studying the ancient poems, Your Majesty. I can't get enough of them."

"Recite then! A poem of thy choice. Or thy own works if thou hast any."

"Ah, but first Your Majesty. Why don't we have a toast?" The Master raised his glass from the floor and Concordius levitated his up from the table. They awkwardly sat there, holding up their glasses, but not coming to a toast.

"We shall not lower our glass to thy level that we may toast. A king stoops for nopony."

The Master sighed and stood to tap his glass against Concordius'.

"To His Most Royal Majesty, King Concordius, son of Lux V, highest sovereign of the Ponies, master of the Emerald Plains, ruler of the Hills of Lauren, lord of the Sunrise Mountains. May the Sun bless His day. May the Moon guard His night. And may He live forever in bliss eternal."

The Master and the King both drank and then put their glasses down on the table. Concordius wiped his lips with a napkin and said, "Now, recite."

The Master took a few steps back and stood up straight. He cleared his throat and recited a poem by the pre-Classical poet Shimmer Verse. Concordius closed his eyes and listened.
"So it was my destiny to travel as far as,
That land lying below the northern pole,
And neither ye gods, nor thou, holy Queen Faust,
Cultured crowd though thou art, gave any help,
To thine own priest. I’ve suffered innumerable perils on land and sea.
But now the trip’s done, the toil of traveling,
Ended. Now I’ve reached the land of my undoing,
Hatred’s my only pleasure, the bitterness comes flooding
Fuller than melted snow in the wrapping of winter.
Equites and home haunt me, all the places I know and yearn for,
Whatever's left of me in the City I’ve lost.
Ye gods, spur on, I beseech you, the laggard Jockeys,
Forbid the portals of chaos to be closed."

The Master finished and sat back down. Concordius opened his eyes and nodded his approval to him.

"Hm, 'tis a rather morose poem, but it shall do. Now, we must ask, Tympanus, what art these 'muffins' thou- AARGH!!!"

Concordius felt a sudden burst of icy pain in his chest, as if his heart had frozen over. He put his hoof to his chest and could no longer feel his heart beating. Another wave of pain reverberated through his chest again and he collapsed backwards, his shoulders shivering and his legs jerking. He let out another scream.

"GAAAAH!!! What hast thou done to us?! Hast thou poisoned us?! Traitor!"

Concordius tried to stand, but his legs refused to respond. He tried to use his magic, but his horn had lost all its power. He tried flapping his wings, but they instead flailed around aimlessly. The cold then moved in a wave through his entire body, from his snout to his tail. Finally, his entire body went limp. He could not move, speak, turn his head, or even look around. Every part of him was still.

In the meantime the Master watched Concordius suffer while munching on a blueberry muffin. Then he spat out the chewed muffin, as he found the taste of blueberry disgusting. "Bleh! Blueberries! What was I thinking? Oh, anyway, stay calm. No point in resisting."

He lowered his head, looked at Concordius in the eye and whispered, "Not while I'll soon have your beautiful horn and wings." He raised his head back up and laughed.

A blinding flash of light came from both the Master's and Concordius' bodies and their foreheads were connected by a bolt of electricity. Both cried in pain as Concordius' horn shrank and vanished, leaving the king's forehead blank, and as a new horn grew out of the Master's forehead. The electricity stopped for a moment, allowing the two to breath, and then came again, this time connecting them by their wings. Just as before, Concordius' wings shrank until they disappeared completely and the Master's wings grew thrice their original size. The electricity stopped again and then returned one last time, enveloping the Master's and Concordius' entire bodies. Concordius himself shrank and shrank, until he became the size of a newborn earth pony, while the Master grew taller into the size of a full-grown alicorn. The electricity stopped for the final time. The Master, breathing heavily, fell on his knees from the exhaustion of the transformation. Concordius curled into a fetal position and lied on the floor, his whole body shivering violently.

The Master, once he had regained his strength, stood up and walked to a mirror. He spread his wings and admired all his new features, basking in his new glorious form.

"Oh, hello there, you sexy thing. This is so much better than any regeneration. I am absolutely gorgeous! And that horn. Magnificent! And then there's these wings. Oh, I can flap these all day. Teeth? Meh, still the same. Hair? Also the same. Well, that just makes things a little less exciting. But, the things I can do now with this body, haha! This is just too much fun. I don't even know where to begin."

Then he turned and looked down at Concordius, a pitiful tiny grey pony lying and shivering on a cold floor. "I told you, Your Majesty. You can't rely on friends. You can trust nopony. Not even me. Poor thing." The Master knelt down to get closer to the former king. "It sort of makes me reluctant to kill you. Well, I don't plan to kill to begin with. There's still some use for you. But right now, if you don't mind, I'll have to imprison you so that you won't cause any trouble."

The Master stood and fired a ray of white magic at Concordius. Concordius was enveloped in the white light and levitated into the air. Then an emerald sphere formed around him, locking his body frozen inside. Then emerald fell and hit the floor with a loud thud.

The Master levitated Concordius' encasement and carried it to the control room. He manned the controls of the TARDIS and set it on a course. The engines started and made the whooshing noise. When the TARDIS stopped at its destination, the Master used his magic to open the doors. The TARDIS was floating just a mile above the surface of the Sun. The Master then brought the emerald sphere to the doors.

"And the remainder of your transformation will take centuries and I don't want to lugging you around the TARDIS for that bloody long. So here's a little catalyst for you. Have fun in the Sun!"

The Master laughed like a filly playing in the rain and flung Concordius' emerald prison out the doors and into the Sun.

Author's Note:

In case you were wondering, the poem the Master recited was a shortened and ponified version of part of Ovid's "Tristia."

Also, congratulations! You're 1/3 through the story! Originally this was supposed to be the 1/2 point, but I decided to expand the story so now it's the 1/3 point.