• Published 27th Oct 2016
  • 336 Views, 9 Comments

Bramble Seas Backstory - MrEShy



The History of Bramble Seas along with the tale of Chrysalis, Sombra, and the two Princesses

  • ...
 9
 336

The Hidden Pony and The Master Unicorn

I awoke with a throbbing headache the next day and my whole body was numb. I could hardly even move, but somehow I managed to stand up after a while. I looked around me and I gasped at what I saw. I started to tear up as I saw my parents lying on the ground, dead… I ran over to them ignoring all the pain that was prickling at my body. I fell next to my mother and I stated to cry hard. It was a true try of lament. Ponies, animals, and creatures all around heard and felt the sadness that filled the air. Storm clouds started to roll in and the rain started to pour just as hard as I was crying. I cried for days until the tears wouldn’t come out anymore. I sniffed, rubbing my hurting eyes and I used my tail to pick up all the bodies of the fallen alicorns that lay around me. I then trotted into the forest, ignoring the trees parting a path as my whistle glowed. I headed to the largest tree I could find in the dense forest and I set down the bodies. I looked down at them, telling them that I will bury them when the time is right. I went to work to build a tree house that I could use for a new home. It took me a long while, but I eventually got the tree house built and gave the alicorns proper royal burial. I went up into the shelter and I slumped down on the makeshift bed and I passed out.

I awoke a couple days later to someponies voice and I look out the window. I looked down to see an old pony pacing back and forth underneath the tree that I reside in. I tilted my head and I slowly trotted out onto the balcony. I watched and paid attention to what he was saying. I gasped quietly as I heard him say something about two fillies appearing in the Unicorns Territory and one of them raised the sun. I used my magic and I turned myself into a pegasus. I flew down to him to see if I could get answers and information. As I approached he turned quickly in my direction and casted a spell to hold me in my place.

He looked me over then said, “Who are you to approach me, Starswirl the Bearded?”

Of course I looked at him confused, asking, “Starswirl the what?”

He replied, “You do you not know of me? I have defeated dragons, Ursa Major’s, and other evil mystical beasts that have terrorized the land. You seriously don't know of me?”

I shook my head, “Nope, never heard of you. Though I can tell your magic is quite strong. Oh, and by the way, I am getting a cramp in my wings and I would very much like to be let go.”

He quickly shut off his magic, “Sorry, I have been jumpy lately, but you must excuse me, I am on a important journey to the Unicorn Territories and I mustn’t miss the meeting.”

I interrupted him, “If you are in such a hurry then why pace around under this tree?”

He smiles, “I was just stopping for a bite to eat and to read for a bit.”

I tilt my head, “You seemed to be talk with somepony when I was coming to see if you were ok.” He laughs a little, “Ah yes! I was talking to myself about what I need to do after this meeting!” I nod, “That figures. Is the meeting about the pony who raised the sun? I overheard you talking about that. Though I though raising the sun was impossible! The only one who… who could… I go silent then I shake my head at the sudden pain, “Never mind. May I come with you?”

He looked me over as if I were a new edition of powerful magical spells, realizing what I really was. He smiled saying, “Why not! I would like to have an alicorn companion on my trip.”

I looked at him with disbelief, “A-Alicorn? I am no a-alicorn…”

He snickers, “I am not dumb youngish one. I have been around alicorns and I know the feeling of being around one, now get out of that disguise.”

I sigh and I turn back to my normal alicorn-self and grumble, “So your magic is more sensitive than I thought… I shall not come with you then… I can’t risk being found out and you shall never mention me to anypony else or to any other alicorns you shall find…” With that I disappear to my tree house before I can here his response and I watch him shrug then trot off South. I looked around for an extra sheet sleep under and when I eventually find one, night had approached. I lay down trying to figure out what awaits for me in the future.