• Published 14th Nov 2016
  • 1,009 Views, 9 Comments

Parents - Script Singer

  • ...
4
 9
 1,009

(2) The Accident

Applejack skipped along the ground ahead of her parents. It wasn't long before she came to the bridge to the nearest town.

"Be careful now, Applejack." her mother warned.

The bridge had been there for years, with next to no maintenance which had left it fragile. Applejack slowed down when she got to the bridge. She stepped on a loose board, but the extra weight proved too much for the old bridge, ending with her hoof falling through. She let out a scream before managing to get her hoof out and run off the bridge before it fell.

She stared at it as it dangled. She looked at her parents.

"Mama!" she yelled.

"Hold on Applejack, we're coming!" she said.

The ground under Applejack cracked, causing her to fall. She quickly grabbed onto the edge of the cliff and tried to pull herself up, but she managed to only fall onto a ledge in the ravine. She let out a sound of pain as she grabbed her hoof and squeezed it. Tears fell down her face.

"Pa, help! I can't get up!" she yelled. The ledge she was on began to crack.

Apple Spice and Sweet Apple took action. They grabbed the bridge and pulled it up to get the rope. Apple Spice quickly threw one end of the rope to a tree on the other side. The ground cracked more.

"Pa!"

Trying to not fall, he clung to the rope and moved over to grab his daughter. He held out his hoof. Applejack looked at her father with tears in her eyes. She reached out with her hoof.

The cliff couldn't take her weight any longer. It broke, causing her to fall. Her father caught her just in time. The rope began to break. Apple Spice threw his daughter over to the side of his wife. Sweet Apple struggled to keep him from falling.

Applejack tried to help pull.

"Applejack, go! We'll be fine!" Sweet Apple lied, trying to get her daughter away from danger.

"I wanna help!"

Sweet Apple shut her eyes tight. Tears fell down her face.

"I'm sorry Applejack..."

Sweet Apple kicked her filly away. Applejack hit the ground with a grunt, still holding her leg. She stared at her mother.

Sweet Apple gave Applejack a soft smile as she fell into the ravine. Applejack reached out her hoof.

"Mama!" Tears fell from her eyes.

The sounds of her parents screams echoed in her head.

---

Granny Smith and Big Mac found her there crying after dark. Her face was red and her arm was bleeding. She clung to it, but that wasn't what was hurting her the most.

Granny told Big Mac to go and grab them a wagon so that they could take Applejack back before sitting Apple Bloom down carefully and moving to hold Applejack.

"It won't hurt as much once we get help, youngen." She uttered.

Applejack continued sobbing. "That doesn't hurt most."

"Where's ma and pa?" Granny asked.

Applejack only sobbed more. "They're…" she struggled, trying to say the word. "They're… they're… gone. I tried to help em, but ma kicked me out of the way. I could have saved them!"

Applejack cried into Granny's chest. Big Mac arrived with the wagon. He picked up Apple Bloom and Granny picked up Applejack.

Big Mac noticed his father's hat and mother's bow. . He picked them up and put them in the wagon with his sisters.

Applejack clung onto her father's hat. Granny held onto her as Big Mac pulled them off into the night.

---

Applejack laid in a bed in the hospital asleep. She still clung to her father's hat. Her arm was in a cast. Granny sat in a chair next to her holding her hoof, Big Mac holding Apple Bloom beside her.

"Do you think she's gonna be okay, Granny?" Big Mac asked.

"She's stronger than this." Granny uttered. As she put Sweet Apples's bow on Apple Bloom.